Smogoff People's Moderator '22 [WON by Total Clefairy] [again] [damn]

BIG ASHLEY

and boom goes the brainbox
is a Community Contributor
1643374610742.png

Greetings, comrades! It has been a glorious year of democracy and other such politicking words here in our beloved subforum. As we look towards the coming year (well, the coming 11 months now), it is time for us, the little people, to nominate my successor as People's Moderator.

Here's what monkfish had to say about it last year:

"as is tradition, at the start of every year the people of Smogoff exercise their right to democratic rule. you should all be familiar with this protocol but here's a reminder:
  1. aside from the regular moderators of the forum, there is an additional People's Moderator (PM)
  2. the PM is nominated and voted for by the democratic body of the posters of Smogoff. restrictions on who can be PM are as follows:
    • the PM must have held a smogon account for over six months
    • the PM must have posted in Smogoff a minimum of 10 times in the past six months
    • the PM may never have been an actual smogon forum moderator, past or present
    • the PM must be nominated in this thread and must have won the popular vote in the voting thread (as yet uncreated)
  3. strictly speaking the PM has no 'power' on the forums. they cannot lock threads or delete posts. instead their power manifests as rule by consent: if the PM declares that a thread is locked, no democratically-supportive poster will further post in the thread. if the PM instructs a poster to delete or edit their post, the poster acquiesces to do so, out of respect for the office of the PM and the democratic process" (fish, 2021)

Additionally, as incumbent and inaugural PM, I feel it is within my sphere to decide that there is to be no limitation on the tenure of the PM; if the people wish to let me continue my reign, then they may do so.

I shall begin proceedings by nominating everyone's favourite jakie, BP

You may commence!

Works Cited
fish, m. (2021), "Smogoff People's Moderator 2021: Nominations" in Smogoff, Smogon University Press.

BIG ASHLEY

Current Nominations
bp
me
pokekids2
caffeine
alba
fishy & shadowpea (running mate)
NOT phoopes >:( or aurora either
me again teehee
alba 2 (one presumes this is what paul meant by "bird lady")
cratersmash (yeah, me neither)
slapperfish
dorron
snak3 0prah (times five. you guys understand this isn't the voting stage yet right)
finland (NOT the country. the country of finland is a mod alumnus of a forum and is as such ineligible)

BONUS CONTENT: shadowpea being friendly.
Screenshot_20220129-015435.png

Last edited:

BIG ASHLEY

you know what they say, a vote for phoopes is… well, it’s certainly a vote for phoopes

long live the status quo! I will happily take your angry/sad reacts now
this is exactly why we, the commonfolk of smogoff, need our own moderator. when the bourgeoisie feel entitled to even involve themselves in this, our most sacred and important of threads, who will stand against them? who will be our champion against this Big Gov Nonsense(tm)? VOTE!!!!!!!!!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Hello. Thank you for your nom
ination. If elected:

1. User shadowpea 's liking power will have double the effect. He won't just like your posts. He'll super-like them. This affords 5+ reacts for the button-press of 1. This is me officially asking him to be my running mate for the '22 election.
  2. Every Wednesday there will be mystery posts dropped throughout smogoff. Successfully finding a mystery post earns you 1 art drawing.
  3. Please see item 1.
Thank you.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello. Thank you for your nom
ination. If elected:

1. User shadowpea 's liking power will have double the effect. He won't just like your posts. He'll super-like them. This affords 5+ reacts for the button-press of 1. This is me officially asking him to be my running mate for the '22 election.
  2. Every Wednesday there will be mystery posts dropped throughout smogoff. Successfully finding a mystery post earns you 1 art drawing.
  3. Please see item 1.
Thank you.
why not

lets do it

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
You have been awarded 1 posting point.

phoopes edit: officially pirating this posting point

ooh, look at me, i'm editing another user's posts to make a bit that literally nobody will see...

well except for the guy editing it back

WELL TOUGH, I DON'T CARE FOR YOUR BIT.

please ignore all evidence suggesting otherwise, like the fact that i am as i type this looking up every single one of my posts you did this to

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)