Smogoff News - Shitposter Edition

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread is a place for recognized shitposters to request news alerts in the Smogoff announcement banners above all threads (since most of you seem to want to make comments that don't even deserve to be a thread). When requesting news posts, keep these in mind:
  • Try to only request posts about major things though because there's only 2 active slots and making a lot of posts quickly will make it ineffective.
  • When requesting a news post, write the post exactly how you want it to appear in 50 letters or less (A few letters over 50 is OK). If you need to say more, use Twitter.
  • There is a new release schedule, which I write on the napkins I get from my McDonald Uber Eats orders.
  • Releases need to be kept 3 & 1/2 days, 6 hours, 12 minutes, and 45 seconds apart (2 posts a week, each post spends half a week in each slot of the top bar). News posts for events and other time-sensitive things will go up about 3 and 1/2 days before the event starts, or six weeks. To help prevent conflicts, and give me time to resolve and conflicts that may happen when two events are in the same time frame, please reserve ALL of your news post ahead of time, specifically about 2 weeks in advance (If its not possible to give a 2 weeks notice, give me as much time as possible), giving me the date (and time if applicable) of the event. Even if the post is not time-sensitive, knowing everything that needs to go up in the next few weeks allows me to properly plan out when each post goes up, and how long it stays up. If you want your news post to be posted at a different time than about 3 and 1/2 days prior to the event, or want the post up for a longer or shorter time, let me know that and why in the post.
  • (Smogoff Leaders+, Super Mods+) Please do NOT add a news post without scheduling with me first. Its very annoying to have to rework the entire schedule every time this happens, and I enjoy power tripping. You CAN still post news (doesn't have to be me) just make sure your posting at the scheduled time.
  • Finally keep in mind that there is another news thread in the recognized quality posters secret forum, so if your post time seems weird based on what was requested in this thread, its probably because someone requested a post in the other thread.
If you have any questions let me know.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Can we write an article about Smogoff. Like a comprehensive history of how Smogoff came into being. I'd love to write it with like Mace or something. Am I allowed to request this here or is this the wrong place? We should legit like no joke here write an article.

Can we write an article about Smogoff. Like a comprehensive history of how Smogoff came into being. I'd love to write it with like Mace or something. Am I allowed to request this here or is this the wrong place? We should legit like no joke here write an article.
permission denied

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I'm pretty sure you're just allowed to post the idea in the Article Approval section of the Flying Press. I think they'll probably let you.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Your best chance at getting it actually approved would be to get interviews with all the mods or something as filler because otherwise there's essentially nothing to write about

Sijih

game show genius
Your best chance at getting it actually approved would be to get interviews with all the mods or something as filler because otherwise there's essentially nothing to write about
translation: Ivy wants to be interviewed :bloblul:

i do think there might be an article in there as long as you avoid talking about site drama. maybe writing about the cultural reset or some other stuff like that that was mentioned in phoopes well could be cool (combined with moderator interviews, that was a good idea)

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please get back on topic with new alerts I can put up.

This is why I like the quality posters version of this thread more.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
can i raise awareness in this public circle that the silverback gorilla is perfectly capable of ripping you in half without a second thought. stay safe everyone.
I'm sorry, I can't fit this news in the schedule.

Sijih

game show genius
Fine I guess I want one that says:

Attention! Fugitive poster on the loose. User has multiple gray badges and a profile picture of a Sneasel in a tuxedo. Report to authorities if sighted.

or maybe:

Attention! From now on, the only type of thread allowed on Smogoff will be tier lists. All offenders will be infracted and have their post deleted.

or maybe:

click here

Fine I guess I want one that says:

Attention! Fugitive poster on the loose. User has multiple gray badges and a profile picture of a Sneasel in a tuxedo. Report to authorities if sighted.

or maybe:

Attention! From now on, the only type of thread allowed on Smogoff will be tier lists. All offenders will be infracted and have their post deleted.

or maybe:

click here
Breaking News: People trying to get others to randomly watch some opera video from 2008 in 2020 with "Click here" have a cow from around 2013 as their profile picture for a reason.

Click for Full Article

Edit: Would like to profusely apologize for potentially being uncultured or not understanding some joke in Italian or whichever language idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)