Done Smart EV Management in the Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a fairly simple idea. It'd just be a built-in feature to check your work with stat spreads. You take the numbers you ended up with, and it calculates every route to get to the exact same numbers, and shows if say, you can use a different nature and be left with leftover EVs.

For instance in the UU thread, HydreigonTheChild posted this set of EVs/IVs/Nature

1707423283647.png

Which was corrected to have a better route by pokexchespin

1707423301217.png

I just think it'd be good QoL to make sure people aren't missing out on EVs if they don't have to.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I like this idea, but I don't think it should automatically do it, like how we automatically correct EV amounts that don't change the stat value (e.g. 248 vs 244 at level 50). It could be very annoying to automatically do this mid-spread creation, because the "optimal" nature could cause a fairly abrupt switch while you're in the middle of creating your set. Even if all 508 EVs are set, it's likely not a good idea to forcibly change what people's input is so drastically, even if another spread might strictly be optimal. Having the teambuilder prompt in some way with a suggestion would be much more preferable.

I like this idea, but I don't think it should automatically do it, like how we automatically correct EV amounts that don't change the stat value (e.g. 248 vs 244 at level 50). It could be very annoying to automatically do this mid-spread creation, because the "optimal" nature could cause a fairly abrupt switch while you're in the middle of creating your set. Even if all 508 EVs are set, it's likely not a good idea to forcibly change what people's input is so drastically, even if another spread might strictly be optimal. Having the teambuilder prompt in some way with a suggestion would be much more preferable.
My thought is put it under a drop down menu so that, when applicable, at the top right of the box you click a button to see the suggestion and implement it if you like it, or decide against it. Let me know if this implementation idea has any flaws, apologies if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)