SM SM OU Winter Seasonal #5 - Round 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

art by Blazenix !! so good
SM OU Winter Seasonal #5
hosted by kenny and goldmason. thanks to emma and luigi for the skeleton

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard SM OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (Main or SmogTours)
  • Replays will not be required until Top 16.
  • Activity calls will be made by Kenny, potentially with neutral assistance from a Tournament Director. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the SM OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
  • Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
    • Signing up with more than one account
    • Ghosting or being ghosted by another player (e.g. while playing a set, asking for advice about what plays to make)
    • Manipulating match outcomes (e.g. throwing a match in exchange for a Chipotle gift card.)
  • Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep.
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon.
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: A player cannot use a combination of items / moves / abilities to force a game that will never end (example: Recycle / Leppa Berry / Heal Pulse, etc).
  • Moody Clause: A player can not use the ability Moody.
  • Swagger Clause: A player can not use the move Swagger.
  • Pokemon in Uber are banned.
What are we playing for
This tournament will award points towards the 2024 SM OU Circuit, which awards a ribbon to the winner of the entire circuit.

SM OU Sample Teams can be found here and the general SM Forum with additional resources can be found here.
Tournament Rules and General Guidelines can be found here. Scheduling Guide can be found here. Activity Win guidelines can be found here.

Please finish games for Round 8 by Sunday, March 10th 11:59 PM GMT-5
If you have any questions, feel free to message Kenny or goldmason on Discord or Smogon.

Pairings:

Winner's Bracket:

Maktyum  vs  Ikaishi
2020 idm boomer  vs  Batzi
drakey  vs  yovan33321
Luigi  vs  imsosorrylol
Sheik :  vs  Antonazz
Fardin  vs  Michael213
Skypenguin  vs  NeverX
Breezy  vs  skimmythegod

Loser's Bracket:

LpZ  vs  Autistic Soviet
3d  vs  Mwoonn
monchooo  vs  Stareal
Alpha1013  vs  CM Reuniclus
Baddy  vs  TDNT
s7a  vs  Tenebricite
Lostmemories  vs  UltiNooba19
MGdos16  vs  Kustavan

Last edited:
act my opp didnt appear on schedule
My opponent and i have scheduled for today 8pm gmt+3. i prevented on his wall that i may have a little late soaccording to scheduling guidelines he had to wait me until 8:30. i connected on smogtours at 8:27 and he did not try to pm me. i pm'd him on smogtours before seeing this post. Im also claiming activity win because drakey didnt try tocontact me on smogtours and just waited 8:30 to claim actwin even if i was connected and pm'd in time.
1710092302800.png

drakey

um dia a gente vai namorar e eu vou te trair muito
My opponent and i have scheduled for today 8pm gmt+3. i prevented on his wall that i may have a little late soaccording to scheduling guidelines he had to wait me until 8:30. i connected on smogtours at 8:27 and he did not try to pm me. i pm'd him on smogtours before seeing this post. Im also claiming activity win because drakey didnt try tocontact me on smogtours and just waited 8:30 to claim actwin even if i was connected and pm'd in time.
View attachment 613825
uh no i waited 30 min of schedule and needed to go, you literally send the message when i get off
and how would i contact you if you weren't online?
so if u want to play now im here again, otherwise im getting my act win
I will be online for an hour from now

Last edited:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-scheduling-guidelines.3642746/
"If your opponent isn't online, it's time to wait for them to get on. The standard wait time is 15 minutes (30 minutes if your opponent communicates a delay to you). If your opponent isn't online and the wait time has elapsed, their status has officially shifted from "a bit late" to "no-show" and you have grounds to claim an activity win"
I'm sorry for my late but you are dishonest on your demand and disrespectful for leaving after receving my message. You didn't follow the rules and you tryed to take advantage of the situation when i was online ready to play.
and how would i contact you if you weren't online?
i hope you just did not search my name on smogtours at 8:01pm then waited 29mins without search me again, i was here at 8:27 and that let you 10%of your waiting time to find me when i was online.
it's 1:20am and i am tired of work, i'm not at your disposal and able to play now. i'm still claiming act because you tryed to fish the actwin and are by evidence a liar.

Icône de validation par la communauté

drakey

Well, if you want to take the situation in that direction, here is my version:
we scheduled it for 2pm -3, after you communicated the delay I waited the 30 minutes of the regulation, as we can see in the time of my post claiming act
apparently you showed up just when I had just left
which is a shame, because I really had zero interest in fishing for real, so I made myself available for us to play now, but you're not available
no, I didn't look up your name at 8:01 and left, I was waiting for you to show up, after all we can see in your own print that you called me at 20:29:55, so don't call me a liar
So, once again, to the tournament organizers, I am claiming act win for my opponent not showing up at the scheduled time.

Am I missing something or did yovan not contact you drakey before the allotted time that he had to contact you to play? Left it to a very small margin but technically was there in time, and you should have seen it as it clearly went through, unless you logged out the second he sent it? Which would be your fault, not yovans since he was there in time. If i was in your position, drakey, I would try to reschedule a time that is reasonable for yovan and not demand him to play at 1am.

just my twopence

drakey

Am I missing something or did yovan not contact you drakey before the allotted time that he had to contact you to play? Left it to a very small margin but technically was there in time, and you should have seen it as it clearly went through, unless you logged out the second he sent it? Which would be your fault, not yovans since he was there in time. If i was in your position, drakey, I would try to reschedule a time that is reasonable for yovan and not demand him to play at 1am.

just my twopence
the original schedule was a reasonable time for yovan, i only said let's play at that time because i saw it online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)