Gen 7 [SM CAP] Pink Tape - A Fairy Spam Bulky Offense

pannu

beyond the farthest stars
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
The Pink Tape
:sm/jumbao: :sm/mawile-mega: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/greninja: :sm/equilibra: :sm/dragonite:

(click on the Pokemon or the title to get the paste C:)

Hey y'all, SM CAP enthusiast Lil Uzi Cott here. My CAPPL season has just ended and whenever that happens i traditionally like to post the teams I've used during the season, however i really just have this one team as I only played 3 games this season and i don't think the other two are worth posting about. SM CAP is my favourite tier so i thought i would post an RMT!

Building Process:

I built this team to face el Shispador in Week 4, and i know that SHSP tends to build very cteam-y teams, so i wanted to stray away from my general comfort zone of stuff i like using, while still building a good team that could win as long as i played good.

:mawile-mega: :jumbao:
The team started out with these two, a duo thank i think has some amazing synergy. Jumbao is infamous for having a very select group of Pokemon that can reliably check it defensively, and Mega Mawile puts amazing pressure on those and can let ScarfBao clean up endgames quite easily. Thats the basic premise the rest of the team was built around.

:mawile-mega: :jumbao: :landorus-therian:
Mega Mawile really appreciates having good pivoting support to bring it in safely, as it struggles with that. So i put a Landorus-T on here to act as a physical wall while also providing the team with some amazing defensive utility and Stealth Rocks.

:mawile-mega: :jumbao: :landorus-therian: :greninja:
ProtGren is a mon I've really liked in SM CAP recently, it provides the team with some natural speed outside of ScarfBao, entry hazards to help my other Pokemon break through their checks, and can really be a crutch that pressures some offensive mons the team struggles against.

:mawile-mega: :jumbao: :landorus-therian: :greninja: :equilibra:
I wanted a check to Psychic types and some hazard removal, broken ass libra fits on every team ever :D

:mawile-mega: :jumbao: :landorus-therian: :greninja: :equilibra: :Dragonite:
1688914222789.png

billy magic shines thru, on the FR it sounded like a nice breaker that i genuinely think is viable in this tier.

In-Depth
:sm/mawile-mega:
x2 (Mawile-Mega) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang

MMaw is a very fun breaker and i don't feel like i need to go super in depth into what it does as its very linear lol. I will mention that i prefer AoA in the current meta as SD feels very slow and somewhat MU fishy. The elemental moves coverage makes for a nice aesthetic, but its also semi optimal coverage for it. Play Rough hits every Pokemon that doesn't resist it for super insane amounts of damage, and is the move you wanna be clicking most of the time. Ice Punch lets you trade 1v1 vs the likes of Gliscor and Landorus-T, which can set Mawile up for endgames as Jumbaos Healing WIsh can bring it back in endgames when that physical wall has been dealt with. Thunder Punch is primarily for Toxapex but also hits the likes of Skarmory and Heatran for a lot of damage. Lastly Fire Fang will dent Steel-types like Equilibra, Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, which sets up Jumbao to sweep in endgames. The Ev's let it outspeed 0 speed Heatran which i see sometimes, but more importantly it outpaces the likes of Equilibr and Mega Scizor.

:sm/jumbao:
NAKAMURA (Jumbao) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Moonblast
- Flame Burst
- Healing Wish

The Baoster himself, as mentioned in the building process part i think this thing has some fantastic offensive synergy with Mega Mawile, its an amazing cleaner alongside it and provides the entire team with Healing Wish support-- whats notable about that is i think there's a match up where hwising any of the other 5 Pokemon on this team is a viable play. There isn't much interesting to commentate on here other than that i like Flame Burst for reliably chipping Steels and that i haven't entirely figured out an optimal EV spread for scarf bao yet, but 252/252/4 is working fine.

:sm/landorus-therian:
JUST WANNA ROCK (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Him. Landorus-T is crucial to this team as its the teams sole pivot, making it crucial in playing against stuff like Mega Lopunny, SD Gliscor, and opposing Offense. Yache is a niche item choice but i think its sorta needed here as it alleviates a lot of pressure that Mega Medicham and Weavile put on this team. Rocks are near mandatory and Lando is a great fit for it here. Lastly, Knock Off is nice as its also the teams sole Knocker, and it can knock off items from the likes of Skarmory, Tomohawk, Clefable etc that gives the rest of the team troubles.

:sm/greninja:
ENDLESS FASHION (Greninja) (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Dig
- Spikes

Very Standard Prot Gren, while i usually like running Waterium Z for the Equilibra MU i felt as if i really needed Z dig here to help against the likes of Toxapex and Heatran. I have two Z move users on this team which is a bit unconventional, but i find that using Gren's Z when its in a position to KO one of those or something like Chansey or Kitsunoh its worth using. Ice Beam greatly helps against CB and SD kartana which can easily overwhelm the team otherwise, and Gunk Shot lets it pressure offensive Jumbao, another mon that can be very scary. Spikes is just really nice for the other offensive mons on the team

:sm/equilibra:
PLUTO TO MARS (Equilibra) @ Eject Button
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 68 SpA / 52 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Pain Split
- Rapid Spin

Equilibra provides this team with hazard control, I really wanted Rapid Spin over Defog on this team as to not get in its way of its Hazard Stacking options. It also helps against Psychic-types like Tapu Lele and Alakazam, while also being the teams sole Magearna check. Eject Button is really the only interesting part about this otherwise standard set, Mega Mawile thrives from pivoting support and so far Lando was the only pivot on the team. Eject Button lets me safely pivot in any other Pokemon on the team which is amazing, especially to revenge kill heavy hitting breakers that id otherwise struggle against.

:sm/dragonite:
CRUSH EM (Dragonite) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

The last piece of this team, credit to yung billburr. I was 6-0d by Volcarona and felt as if the team was sort of passive to justify its weak defensive core, so i thought Dragonite was a great fit here. It's a very niche pick but it pressures a lot of common Pokemon in the metagame ATM while also having crucial defensive utility for the team to work, it greatly appreciates Hazards and Knock Off from Greninja and Lando respectively, Equilibra that clears hazards for it, Healing Wish from Jumbao, and Mega MAwiles ability to break through or weaken shared checks like Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Z Fly lets it nuke through a lot of common pokemon that would otherwise live a hit at +1, like Reuniclus and Clefable, while also letting it OHKO Arghonaut, a very desirable trait for any set up sweeper. Ice Punch and Earthquake are then just coverage moves that hit stuff that Fly doesn't, Toxapex, Landorus-T, etc. I think its the perfect mon in the last slot for this team. The 12 SpDef Ev's let you always live Timid Z Moonblast from 252 SPA Jumbao, thanks to Multiscale.

Replays & Threatlist.

Not a massive fan of making threat lists but i will mention that the team sorta struggles against any team in longer, drawn out games. so try and play quick and position yourself well. against teams that use strong breakers +voltturn you can also be in trouble if there isn't a hard answer to them, so be aggressive in those MU's.

Me VS SHSP, Cappl Week 4 (this is the only replay that exists with this team so its the only one i can post sorry i didn't play any tests)
1688918165230.png

hope u guys enjoyed this rmt shout out sm cap players shout out LBN and quziel and Dj Breloominati♬ BYE
edit: if someone wants to see the teams i used in w1 and w2 they are here :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)