Slowsun team (OU Sun / TR team for doubles)

I've battled so many Sunny Day teams,and I thought:"What about combining Sun with Trick Room?" And after a long brainstorming session,I've found some great combos. So....hereby......I proudly present........TEAM SLOWSUN!!!!!

Lickilicky@Shell bell,Own Tempo
Brave,252 att,128 Hp,64 sp.def,64 def
Explosion(BOOM!!!!)
Power Whip
Zen Headbutt
Hammer Arm

Dusknoir@Leftovers,Pressure
Relaxed,252 Hp,252 att,4 sp.def
Fire Punch
Pain Split
Trick Room
Sunny Day

These are my leads. Lickilicky has explosion to do BOOM when we see an opponent which is stronger then the leads. Dusknoir doesn't get hit by the explosion,thanks due his typing. He has Power Whip to kill the Waters,Rocks and others,Zen Headbutt to kill his weakness,Fighting and Hammer Arm to kill normal types. Dusknoir has Fire Punch because it gets boosted by the Sun, Pain Split to heal,Trick Room because of his speed and Sunny Day to set up the sun.

Heatran@Life Orb,Flash Fire
Quiet,252 Hp,252 sp.att,4 def
Heat Wave
Earth Power
Solar Beam
Dragon Pulse

And

Slowking@Heat Rock,Own Tempo
Relaxed,228spatk,152spdef,128hp
Psychic
Ice beam
Trick Room
Sunny Day

Slowking supports by renewing TR and Sun. He has Psychic as a STAB move. Ice beam's used against the drags. Heatran is a sweeping maniac! He has great cover,and can kill drags when paired with Ice Beam.

Togekiss@Kings rock,Serene Grace
Careful,252 speed,252 sp.att,4 hp
Air slash
Aura Sphere
Heat wave
Roost

and

Umbreon@Chople Berry,Synchronise
Sassy,252 att,252 hp,4 sp.def
Payback
Curse
Sunny day
Moonlight

At this moment,TR is stopped and that's okay.
Togekiss uses Airslash on the strongest opponent and it covers the 2 weaknesses of Umbreon,Bug and Fighting.
Umbreon renews the sun or starts Cursing.
It goes on,and on,they both have heal moves if they're hit.
Heat wave has great coverage and Aura Sphere too.
After 6 turns,Umbreon starts using Payback,which deals double damage when Umbreon's already hit,which will happen,because Umbreon's slow.

This was my team. Please rate it.

I'm going to be honest, this team looks like one of the most awful strategies ever. I can't even rate it because it would be easier to just use 6 entirely new pokemon. Sorry but I cannot see this team accomplishing anything.

First Alan,great that you're honest,but maybe you thought it was a single team. It's a doubles team,by the way. I've tried it in PBR,and it works pretty well. If you have a small addition to the team which can make it really better,tell it.

In theory, this seems like a creative team. However you did mention that you tested this team...in PBR. There are 2 problems with that:

1) This thread is mainly for Wifi and Shoddy/Lab/PO teams, not teams used for PBR. If you intend to use this team only for PBR and not online, a mod could actually lock the thread (unless I'm mistaken).
2) The bigger problem is your test subject, PBR. PBR doesn't give you an accurate analysis of the OU metagame; playing over Wifi and online will give you a better sense of what people are using. I mean, PBR doesn't care whether Garchomp is Uber or OU, does it?
The AI on PBR also justifies its unreliability. The AI in a game can't think the way human players do, and can only amount to the limits of its programming. It might be able to pull off a BellyRest or Salac-Endure combo, but it's not going to switch when it has a Gyarados without EQ facing your Jolteon (who outspeeds and OHKOs Gyara with a T-Bolt.

This team has some potential outside the competitive scene, but online you'll catch very few experienced and intermediate players off guard. TR and sun is original, I'l give you that. But it's really not viable in the current OU metagame. Test it out on Shoddy or PokeLab (extensively) and see what works and what doesn't, then make changes from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)