EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Tera Type: Normal / Poison
Calm / Sassy Nature
- Future Sight / Eerie Spell / Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Acid Spray
- Earthquake / Ice Beam / Flamethrower

[SET COMMENTS]

* Thanks to its great Special Defense, unique typing, and Regenerator, Galarian Slowking functions well as an Assault Vest user.

**Assault Vest**: While Galarian Slowking has access to Slack Off, Regenerator can provide some recovery if needed, and an Assault Vest increases its Special Defense to titanic levels.

**Future Sight**: Future Sight is Galarian Slowking's strongest move and provides phenomenal field pressure due to hitting two turns after it's used, allowing for combinations with another teammate's move.

**Eerie Spell versus Psychic**: Psychic offers more PP, while Eerie Spell depletes the PP of the last move used by the opponent by 3, which can be useful when fighting against opponents with low PP moves, such as recovery moves.

**Acid Spray**: Acid Spray makes Galarian Slowking much less passive and prone to setup against opponents that aren't immune, and the Special Defense drops can be deadly when combined with Future Sight, alongside making Galarian Slowking harder to check defensively.

**Earthquake**: Earthquake is Galarian Slowking's best option against Heatran and Hisuian Goodra, even when using a Calm nature.

**Ice Beam**: Ice Beam allows Galarian Slowking to hit Ground-types such as Ting-Lu, Landorus-T, and Ursaluna for more damage than its Psychic STAB moves.

**Flamethrower**: Flamethrower hits other Steel-types such as Gholdengo and Corviknight.

**Calm versus Sassy**: If using Earthquake, a Sassy Nature lets Galarian Slowking have a shot at 3HKOing max HP Hisuian Goodra, though at the risk of getting outsped by Amoonguss. A Calm Nature has better odds at Speed tying or outspeeding Amoonguss.

Other Options
========

**Psyshock**: Despite having little synergy with Acid Spray, Psyshock hits Flutter Mane and Clodsire the hardest before factoring Special Defense drops.

EV Spreads
==========
* **252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe with Calm / Sassy**: This EV spread focuses on Galarian Slowking's ability to take special attacks to the point where powerful super effective hits such as Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Shadow Ball only has a chance of 2HKOing it 75.4% of the time.

* **252 HP / 28 Def / 84 SpA / 140 SpD / 4 Spe with Modest / Quiet**: This spread survives Jolly Choice Band Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes while OHKOing it with Eerie Spell.

Tera Types
========

* **Tera Dependency - Low**: Galarian Slowking is perfectly able to function without Terastallization, but it can boost its defensive profile.

**Normal**: A well-timed Tera Normal can severely hamper opponents hoping to take down Galarian Slowking with Ghost-type moves.

**Poison**: Tera Poison removes Galarian Slowking's weaknesses to Ghost-, and Dark-type attacks, and it boosts Sludge Bomb and Acid Spray's power.

**Grass**: Tera Grass turns Galarian Slowking's Ground weakness into a resistance, can help it take Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes better, and provides a handy immunity to Spore.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/thick-fat-azumarill.330577/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/theorymon.29010/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/ken.594478/

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whoops I got too focused on how to handle Kleavor's Speed and Defensive benchmarks, I should check this before I jump down that rabbit hole again (like I mentioned at that Jackbox game lol)

- I'd mention beyond Acid Spray making Glowking less passive, it actually makes it tricky to defensively check too.

- I'd give Psyshock a mention in other options. It does good damage against Flutter Mane and Clodsire, who can be a bit tricky to wear down with Acid Spray depending on the set, but it has 0 synergy with Acid Spray otherwise.

- I'd mention Tera Grass: it saves Glowking from Spore and Surging Strikes, at the cost of being a far worse check to Heatran and losing Glowking mirror matches.

-Speaking of mirror matches: this is gonna sound nuts, but I'd actually move the 4 Defense EVs to Speed, because Glowking Mirror Matches ending in "who can Earthquake faster' are a real thing, and I'm not sure what the 4 Defense EVs do.

-I'd def consider mentioning that Flutter Mane calc somewhere in an EV section, you know the one :P. It gives a good idea of how specially bulky Glowking is!

-The real reason for an EV section: I think it's worth bringing up an offensive EV spread as an alternate option. This one I've been using comes courtesy of Stellar !

Modest / Quiet with 252 HP / 28 Def / 84 SpA / 140 SpD / 4 Spe: This survives Jolly Choice Band Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes, while OHKOing it with Eerie Spell.

Feel free to include other EV spreads if you want, I'm sure there's many more, but I figure including an offensive one is a good idea because about 26% of Glowking on the Switch seem to be using an offensive nature.

Anyways, yeah a lot of tiny little nitpicks, but as soon as that stuff is implemented, I'll give you a QC stamp!

I like that eerie spell is a slash, I was all geared up to suggest it but nvm now. It's a cool move, really no proper competition for pp lowering stuff anywhere(have seen pp stall weavile but meh.)

EQ is also a really good idea to have in. Will there be another set(s?) For slack off and cm for instance.

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
1/1 GP Team done
add remove comment
View attachment 533254
"My machinations lay undetected for years, for I am a master of deception..."

[SET]
AV Tank (Slowking-Galar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 50
Calm / Sassy Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Acid Spray

[SET COMMENTS]

* Thanks to its great Special Defense, unique typing, (ac) and Regenerator, Galarian Slowking functions well as an Assault Vest user.

**Assault Vest**: While Galarian Slowking has access to Slack Off, Regenerator can provide some recovery if needed, and an Assault Vest increases its Special Defense to titanic levels.

**Future Sight**: Future Sight is Galarian Slowking's strongest move (rc) and provides phenomenal field pressure due to hitting two turns after it's used, allowing for combos combinations with another teammate's move.

**Eerie Spell versus Psychic**: Psychic offers more PP, while Eerie Spell depletes the PP of the last move used by the opponent by 3, which can be useful when fighting against opponents with low PP moves, such as recovery moves.

**Acid Spray**: Acid Spray makes Galarian Slowking much less passive and prone to setup against opponents that aren't immune to it, and the Special Defense drops can be deadly when combined with Future Sight, alongside making Galarian Slowking harder to check defensively.

**Earthquake**: Earthquake is Galarian Slowking's best option against Heatran and Hisuian Goodra, even when using a Calm nature.

**Ice Beam**: Ice Beam allows Galarian Slowking to hit Ground-types such as Ting-Lu, Landorus-T, and Ursaluna for more damage than its Psychic STABs STAB moves.

**Flamethrower**: Flamethrower hits other Steel-types such as Gholdengo and Corviknight.

**Calm versus Sassy**: If using Earthquake, a Sassy Nature lets Galarian Slowking have a shot at 3HKOing max HP Hisuian Goodra, however though at the risk of getting outsped by Amoonguss. A Calm Nature has better odds at speed-tieing Speed tying or outspeeding Amoonguss.

Other Options
========

**Psyshock**: Despite having little synergy with Acid Spray, Psyshock hits Flutter Mane and Clodsire the hardest before factoring Special Defense drops.

EV Spreads
==========
* **252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe with Calm / Sassy**: (add semicolon, rh) This EV spread focuses on Galarian Slowking's ability to take special attacks (rc) to the point where powerful super effective hits such as Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Shadow Ball only has a chance of 2HKOing it 75.4% of the time.

* **252 HP / 28 Def / 84 SpA / 140 SpD / 4 Spe with Modest / Quiet**: (add semicolon, rh) This spread survives Jolly Choice Band Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes (rc) while OHKOing it with Eerie Spell.

Tera Types
========

* **Tera Dependency - Low**: Galarian Slowking is perfectly able to function without Terastallization, but it can boost its defensive profile.

**Normal**: A well-timed Tera Normal can severely hamper opponents hoping to take down Galarian Slowking with Ghost-type moves.

**Poison**: Tera Poison removes Galarian Slowking's weaknessess weaknesses to Ghost-, and Dark-type attacks, and it boosts Sludge Bomb and Acid Spray's power.

**Grass**: Tera Grass turns Galarian Slowking's Ground weakness into a resistance, can help it take Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes better, and provides a handy immunity to Spore.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
1/1 GP Team done
add remove comment
View attachment 533254
"My machinations lay undetected for years, for I am a master of deception..."

[SET]
AV Tank (Slowking-Galar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 50
Calm / Sassy Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Acid Spray

[SET COMMENTS]

* Thanks to its great Special Defense, unique typing, (ac) and Regenerator, Galarian Slowking functions well as an Assault Vest user.

**Future Sight**: Future Sight is Galarian Slowking's strongest move (rc) and provides phenomenal field pressure due to hitting two turns after it's used, allowing for combos combinations with another teammate's move.

**Acid Spray**: Acid Spray makes Galarian Slowking much less passive and prone to setup against opponents that aren't immune to it, and the Special Defense drops can be deadly when combined with Future Sight, alongside making Galarian Slowking harder to check defensively.

**Ice Beam**: Ice Beam allows Galarian Slowking to hit Ground-types such as Ting-Lu, Landorus-T, and Ursaluna for more damage than its Psychic STABs STAB moves.

**Calm versus Sassy**: If using Earthquake, a Sassy Nature lets Galarian Slowking have a shot at 3HKOing max HP Hisuian Goodra, however though at the risk of getting outsped by Amoonguss. A Calm Nature has better odds at speed-tieing Speed tying or outspeeding Amoonguss.

Other Options
========

EV Spreads
==========
* **252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe with Calm / Sassy**: (add semicolon, rh) This EV spread focuses on Galarian Slowking's ability to take special attacks (rc) to the point where powerful super effective hits such as Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Shadow Ball only has a chance of 2HKOing it 75.4% of the time.

* **252 HP / 28 Def / 84 SpA / 140 SpD / 4 Spe with Modest / Quiet**: (add semicolon, rh) This spread survives Jolly Choice Band Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes (rc) while OHKOing it with Eerie Spell.

Tera Types
========

**Poison**: Tera Poison removes Galarian Slowking's weaknessess weaknesses to Ghost-, and Dark-type attacks, and it boosts Sludge Bomb and Acid Spray's power.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
Implemented, thanks for the check! :blobthumbsup:

Reactions: ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)