Pokémon Slowking-Galar

Slowking-Galar
Resultado de imagen de slowking galar

Base Stats: 95 HP / 65 Atk / 80 Def / 110 SpA / 110 SpD / 35 Spe
Abilities: Curious Medicine | Own Tempo | Regenerator (H)

Notable Moves:
  • Calm Mind
  • Chilly Reception
  • Earthquake
  • Flamethrower
  • Focus Blast
  • Hydro Pump
  • Ice Beam
  • Nasty Plot
  • Psychic
  • Psyshock
  • Surf
  • Slack Off
  • Sludge Bomb
Slowking de Galar - WikiDex, la enciclopedia Pokémon

Pros:
- Very good bulk between stats and ability
- Amazing pivoting option in Chilling Reception
- Very good movepool for varied sets
- Toxic inmunity as well as absorption of Tspikes

Cons:
- Competes with regular Slowking
- Forced out by a good amount of physical attackers
- Very harsh matchups against potential metagame monsters like Basculegion, Chien Pao and Hoopa-Unbound

Terastal Potential:
- Various typings such as tera water or tera dark can help on tight situations.

Resultado de imagen de slowking galar

Potential Sets:
Futureport Bro
Slowking-Galar @ Black Sludge / Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dark / Steel / Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spa / 252 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Future Sight / Psychic
- Chilling Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Slack Off

This set is practically the same as futureport Slowking from the previous gen, but on Slowking Galar. Slowking can use this set to act as a very good defensive pivot which can both get its teammates safely into the field while changing the weather, slowing down weather teams with Wake and the like. Is able to handle mons like Iron Moth, Valiant and newly added Magearna while pivoting to its teammates. The choice between black sludge and lefties may depend on how often you may expect slowing to have to tera for your team's necessities.

Vest Bro
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 2524 Spa / 4 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Future Sight / Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Beam / Chilling Water

Is functionally similar to those Offensive vest Toxapex sets that have appeared recently, but doing the job significantly better on the account of Slowking having better moves and offensive stats. Should be a decent mon to pretend it can switch to specs Magearna.

Feel free to add corrections.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS: AV Toxapex found dead in a ditch.

This thing's definitely one of my most anticipated returning mons from last gen; Glowking's defensive typing is incredibly cool and unique, and it has some legitimate promise outside of just the established old AV set (although that, too, looks like it'll be spectacular).

Chilly Reception fundamentally alters how this mon is played altogether. Glowking not getting Teleport last gen led to one of the most underrated "what-ifs" in competitive history, but now it basically does get it.

I'm also interested in seeing how NP+Tera Flying ends up playing out. This guy could easily serve as a bulky breaker with such amazing coverage and strong STABs.

Slowking-Galar @ Rocky Helmet
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Slack Off
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb / Flamethrower
- Future Sight

I'm planning on running this set Day 1. Chilly Reception + Future Sight support to a breaker like Tera Water Urshifu-RS or Kingambit sounds like it'll be pretty spicy & Rocky Helmet + Regen will be a solid combo to deal high damage to various Fighters like non-PP Urshifu-RS, Zamazenta, etc. That being, being setup fodder for Kingambit ain't great & Slowking-G has a bit of 4MSS since it wants a lot of other moves like T-Wave and Ice Beam too. Spikes might also be really OP early on, esp w/ Hisui Samurott around, so HDB may be the better item. Curious to see how this mon will wind up in the meta.

Not sure how much that would matter, but after terraing on the first set you would be taking damage from the black sludge instead of healing from it.

The more I've been using this, the more I firmly believe that Glowking is without question one of the best mons in the entire metagame.

Will make an extremely extensive post in the Metagame Discussion thread later on, but let's just say I'm a huge, HUGE fan of this mon!

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 2524 Spa / 4 Spd

i dont know why but i can put that ammount of EVs in my Glowking. Something is wrong here

Torn-T + Glowking is a fantastic core. Just need something for strong shadow balls and you're good to go.

Alternatively: stick Torn with an assault vest for the shadow balls and bring strong hazard control so he can continue to switch in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)