SKATE AND DESTROY > SKATE AND CREATE

So this thread is about Skateboarding and anything related to it.

Since I was about 10 years old, I've skated. It's probably one of the best things I ever did with my life. Just popping your board for even an ollie is one of the greatest things you can ever feel. Completely weightless, lol. Me, my brother, and my friends would skate anywhere we went, and we'd travel to different states and cities just to hit the spots. I know a lot of people want to think of skateboarding as a sport, and some might want it to count as a sport, but I don't see it that way. To me, skateboarding is an art. You don't have a coach telling you what to do when you skate or what to skate. The only person that lets you down is yourself. And every skater, if you have observed skating long enough, has their own individual style.

So yeah, IMHO skating is one of the most liberating things and individual can ever do.

Sadly, I quit when I entered college. I didn't think I could progress any further, and didn't really have the time for it anymore. But I'll always think it was one of the best things I ever did with my life. And you never lose your tricks :D

Anyway, these are a couple of my favorite skaters with wholly different styles:

Chris Haslam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5klUbOvaBS4&feature=related

Leo Romero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNDJO98AXRc&feature=related

Daewon Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMuLa07q46I

I can't skate. At all. I am a fan of the games though (despite them being horribly unrealistic and taking no talent). I do think this thread should also be for BMX/pogo-stick/scooters though. I have a friend who tried all skating and BMX before getting into scooters. Think he has a Youtube.

Well, I guess BMX/Scooters are related to skateboarding. But pogo-sticks? And I kinda hate the Tony Hawk/SKATE games. They make skateboarding seem sooo unrealistic.

Yeah, but that doesn't stop them from being pretty fun games and it's no reason to hate them. Also, pogo-sticks can be pretty intense, even if you don't see people hopping around very often. And you never know if they give you the same liberating feeling as others, so you never know.

Most of the tricks I do are on a pogo stick: pop-shove-it, slam dunk, etc.

I was good at doing tricks (grinds and flatland, for the most part) on a scooter, but I had a growth spurt and now most scooters don't even reach my knees at maximum height.

Yeah, but that doesn't stop them from being pretty fun games and it's no reason to hate them. Also, pogo-sticks can be pretty intense, even if you don't see people hopping around very often. And you never know if they give you the same liberating feeling as others, so you never know.
You can kick-flip to a noseblunt and switch tre flip out to a manny and then triple hard-flip on those games. You can grind power lines. The absurdity of those facts is annoying.

And skateboarding > pogo-stick

You know whats really fun
going fast

Started skating in like grade four with a friend. I never got really good at it (read: I never learned how to ollie) but one thing I could always beat people at was racing.

I don't have a skateboard anymore (I stopped in like the 7th grade; me and that friend kinda fell out), but I did finally learned how to ollie on a miniglider when I got one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)