Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm looking for a way to use SToss Mega Kangaskhan without Wish (I want to duplicate my results from simulators in-game). This is what I've come up with:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Parental Bond
Impish nature
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
-Seismic Toss
-Crunch
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

This is a variation of the usual Seismic Toss Mega Kangaskhan set. Seismic toss is obvious while Crunch hits ghosts. Rest and Sleep Talk restore HP with the benefit of removing unwanted status conditions. I'm looking for any suggestions.
Toxic is absolutely mandatory to ensure that bulky mons like supportceus don't wall you cold.

So I'm looking to get back into the ubers metagame and am curious how the old mix kingdra set from gen 5 works in today's metagame? My secondary question is what is the maximum amount of speed that Xerneas run on their geomancy set?

AegisSlash

Banned deucer.
I have a question. Would this Yveltal set work?
Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs unknown (need some help)
Hasty Nature, Dark Aura
-Oblivion Wing
-Focus Blast
-U-turn
-Sucker Punch

OWing is used to heal HP from LO recoil, Sucker Punch is priority and obligatory Dark STAB, U turn is for scouting, and FB is coverage.

Any thoughts or opinions on this?

Just go with Dark Pulse>Fblast, you might as well U-turn on the Ttar switch, Dark Pulse is a consistent means of pressuring support Arceus. Pair the set with Gengar and have a good time!

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What do you think is a good EV spread for it then?
Honestly, I'd just max the Speed and Special Attack (so 4HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed), since you got Hasty. However, if this is for simluators, feel free to use Mild (+SpA, -Def) if you care more about power than speed. I'd still go with max speed though., but there is probably some bulkier spread I haven't tried yet.

I've been wanting to build a team around Shaymin-Sky (fave event mon) since forever, but I need a good core to start with. I know his biggest weaknesses are rocks and frailty, and his most common checks/counters include Ho-Oh, AV Palkia, Heatran, Chansey/Blissey, SpDef Lugia, M-Gengar, Kyogre (dat ice beam), Genesect, and Dialga (big list ;_;). So I'm thinking Defog Rockceus to deal with the most common rocks, Ho-Oh, and Heatran, and then maybe SpDef SubToxic Aegislash w/ Sacred Sword to deal with pink blobs, Lugia, and Kyogre (and bonus of checking non-HP Fire Xern + surprising SpDef Heatran, as well as absorbing incoming Toxics)? And/or maybe DD Mega Tyranitar as the team's set-up sweeper with Pursuit for M-Gengar lacking Focus Blast, Ho-Oh and Lugia again, and Heatran lacking Earth Power.
Shaymin would be able to pull his weight by checking/forcing out Groudon and lesser Ground-types (Hippowdon? Donphan? maybe Excadrill? do they even exist?), who would otherwise threaten all 3 of those options. I'm thinking he could also check/revenge Fighting-types like MMX that would also have a field day with Rockceus and TTar, but I'm not too sure how many other fighting types besides MMX and Mega Luke there are in Ubers.

sorry for the wall of context, but my question is basically:
Is there a better Arceus forme than Rock to synergize with Shaymin-Sky or perhaps something that covers more ground than SubToxic Aegi/M-TTar to round out my core (or on the flipside, someone Shaymin helps out a good deal)?
(as for my Shaymin set and team archetype, it'll probably end up balanced leaning toward semi-stall with ScarfMin carrying AirFlare+Healing Wish as revenge killer/hax0r/last resort support but that could change depending on the core I end up with)

AegisSlash

Banned deucer.
Honestly, I'd just max the Speed and Special Attack (so 4HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed), since you got Hasty. However, if this is for simluators, feel free to use Mild (+SpA, -Def) if you care more about power than speed. I'd still go with max speed though., but there is probably some bulkier spread I haven't tried yet.
Ah, thanks. I might go for split offenses, but max speed works best, I agree.

I have a 3 pokemon core and i need help for the other three, Should I ask here for suggestions or should I make a thread for that?

Ok. My friends are going to make a mini-tournament with all pokemons aviable but my stock of legendaries is pretty laughable, the decent ones are:
- Timid Lugia (31 Sp.Atk and overall good)
- Naughty Zekrom (31 Atk but kinda slow)
- Mild Kyogre (bad but still better than the others)
I'm planning to use mixed Zekrom as a wallbreaker and specs ogre and maybe dual screen lugia to take advantage of the speed, what should I use with them (If breedable is a lot better)?

Ok. My friends are going to make a mini-tournament with all pokemons aviable but my stock of legendaries is pretty laughable, the decent ones are:
- Timid Lugia (31 Sp.Atk and overall good)
- Naughty Zekrom (31 Atk but kinda slow)
- Mild Kyogre (bad but still better than the others)
I'm planning to use mixed Zekrom as a wallbreaker and specs ogre and maybe dual screen lugia to take advantage of the speed, what should I use with them (If breedable is a lot better)?
Forget Lugia and try getting a Ho-Oh to use with w/ Zek + Ogre. Afterwards, breed a MegaGar to use as your 4th. You can run a lead Scolipede to lay your Spikes/TSpikes since you can breed them too, making that your fifth. Last mon should be an Arc forme (ground), but if that's too hard to get than consider Groudon or Lando-T to help with your Zekrom weakness while also giving you access to SR.

Forget Lugia and try getting a Ho-Oh to use with w/ Zek + Ogre. Afterwards, breed a MegaGar to use as your 4th. You can run a lead Scolipede to lay your Spikes/TSpikes since you can breed them too, making that your fifth. Last mon should be an Arc forme (ground), but if that's too hard to get than consider Groudon or Lando-T to help with your Zekrom weakness while also giving you access to SR.
Well, my sister asked me to not bring doubles and she's already using Ho-Oh (with Groudon of course), and I kinda wanted to use lugia since i spent like an hour soft-resetting but i can live without if necessary. For the landorus, the SR is tutor if i remember correctly so unless i get lucky with the GTS I'm not getting that anytime soon sadly (still better chances than getting arceus). Suggestions for killing Xerneas?

EDIT: About Xerneas, I was thinking about Aegislash to shut down Xern/Mewtwo/Mega-Gengar, what do you think about it?

Last edited:
Hmm well if you lose Ho-Oh than Xern definitely becomes a bigger threat, but I think as long as you keep the offensive pressure it won't be "that" bad. Just be sure to play Zekrom safe and not lock yourself into Outrage if you know they're carrying Xern. You could drop Gengar for Aegislash or use something like Mega Scizor in its place. If you go that route than I think a fairy type would be really helpful which pretty much leaves Sylveon as your only choice.

Hmm well if you lose Ho-Oh than Xern definitely becomes a bigger threat, but I think as long as you keep the offensive pressure it won't be "that" bad. Just be sure to play Zekrom safe and not lock yourself into Outrage if you know they're carrying Xern. You could drop Gengar for Aegislash or use something like Mega Scizor in its place. If you go that route than I think a fairy type would be really helpful which pretty much leaves Sylveon as your only choice.
That seems kinda good, since my Zekrom is slow I planned on Mixed Draco Meteor/Fusion Bolt/Volt Switch/Focus Blast, if i get the landorus I'm set and scizor act as a defogger in need (they don't really use Hazards though). For sylveon, it's worth running it with moonblast or Hyper Voice is mandatory?

DMeteor / Bolt Strike / Volt Switch / FBLast on Zekrom. If you're not concerned about hazards than don't bother with Defog on Scizor and throw one of it's many moves over whatever move Defog would be (Knock Off, Toxic, Pursuit, Superpower, etc). Sylveon wants Hyper Voice since Pixilate gives it added power while also letting it hit through subs and what not. If you run Moonblast you might as well not bother with Pixilate but then you're left with Cute Charm.

DMeteor / Bolt Strike / Volt Switch / FBLast on Zekrom. If you're not concerned about hazards than don't bother with Defog on Scizor and throw one of it's many moves over whatever move Defog would be (Knock Off, Toxic, Pursuit, Superpower, etc). Sylveon wants Hyper Voice since Pixilate gives it added power while also letting it hit through subs and what not. If you run Moonblast you might as well not bother with Pixilate but then you're left with Cute Charm.
Ok, thanks for the help.

I've been wanting to build a team around Shaymin-Sky (fave event mon) since forever, but I need a good core to start with. I know his biggest weaknesses are rocks and frailty, and his most common checks/counters include Ho-Oh, AV Palkia, Heatran, Chansey/Blissey, SpDef Lugia, M-Gengar, Kyogre (dat ice beam), Genesect, and Dialga (big list ;_;). So I'm thinking Defog Rockceus to deal with the most common rocks, Ho-Oh, and Heatran, and then maybe SpDef SubToxic Aegislash w/ Sacred Sword to deal with pink blobs, Lugia, and Kyogre (and bonus of checking non-HP Fire Xern + surprising SpDef Heatran, as well as absorbing incoming Toxics)? And/or maybe DD Mega Tyranitar as the team's set-up sweeper with Pursuit for M-Gengar lacking Focus Blast, Ho-Oh and Lugia again, and Heatran lacking Earth Power.
Shaymin would be able to pull his weight by checking/forcing out Groudon and lesser Ground-types (Hippowdon? Donphan? maybe Excadrill? do they even exist?), who would otherwise threaten all 3 of those options. I'm thinking he could also check/revenge Fighting-types like MMX that would also have a field day with Rockceus and TTar, but I'm not too sure how many other fighting types besides MMX and Mega Luke there are in Ubers.

sorry for the wall of context, but my question is basically:

Is there a better Arceus forme than Rock to synergize with Shaymin-Sky or perhaps something that covers more ground than SubToxic Aegi/M-TTar to round out my core (or on the flipside, someone Shaymin helps out a good deal)?
(as for my Shaymin set and team archetype, it'll probably end up balanced leaning toward semi-stall with ScarfMin carrying AirFlare+Healing Wish as revenge killer/hax0r/last resort support but that could change depending on the core I end up with)
Sorry, that question was probably too wordy. Should I have just made my own thread for this?

No, asking here is best. Check out the Skymin analysis for starters, though, there's good stuff there that should help get you on the right track.

No, asking here is best. Check out the Skymin analysis for starters, though, there's good stuff there that should help get you on the right track.
Thanks for pointing me there; I could've sworn the gen VI QC thread hadn't started yet. Anyways, after looking through that I think I'll start with Skymin-SR Heatran-AV Palkia as a nice fire-water-grass core for decent versatility, although it's not like Shaymin can switch in to anything that's not Earthquake. Might still tack on Rockceus, but at least now my Arceus-forme is free to change as an answer to other threats (perhaps Ghost as a spin-blocker, or maybe I could just use Bisharp to discourage the more common Defogs since my best non-Arceus answer to Ho-Oh is still Shaymin after rocks if it's carrying EQ for Heatran... maybe both).
Regardless, thanks a lot~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)