Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Does the new Stellar typing change competitive completely or are the other tera types still preferred? Is there anywhere on the forums that is testing this out?

Does the new Stellar typing change competitive completely or are the other tera types still preferred? Is there anywhere on the forums that is testing this out?
Only matters on Enamorus and Serperior, with Stellar Tera Blast giving a -1 to both stats turning into a +1. Only matters on these 2 mons, but both have been talked about for BANS due to this.

Only matters on Enamorus and Serperior, with Stellar Tera Blast giving a -1 to both stats turning into a +1. Only matters on these 2 mons, but both have been talked about for BANS due to this.
I also heard about Lurantis and Malamar with Contrary and Superpower, but this seems to be less about competitive and more about tera raid battles. My thought on Stellar is that a specific tera type (especially if it helps defensively) would always be preferred over it. Thanks, NotDaProGamer!

I feel like I'm asking for a lot, but is there a specially defensive spinner that can help with Volc? That seems like a tall ask this gen.
There's not much tbh. I guess you could try something like Tentacruel with Haze, but the mon is worn down really easily and Tera Blast Ground probably eats you alive. I don't think you're gonna do much better than that though. Vest cyclizar with Dragon Tail? AV stone edge hitmonchan / rock slide hitmontop I guess? Coalossal? We do a little scraping

There's not much tbh. I guess you could try something like Tentacruel with Haze, but the mon is worn down really easily and Tera Blast Ground probably eats you alive. I don't think you're gonna do much better than that though. Vest cyclizar with Dragon Tail? AV stone edge hitmonchan / rock slide hitmontop I guess? Coalossal? We do a little scraping
Yeah I figured. And Payless closed down, so I can't afford boots for everyone :(

Does the first time stellar boost expend when a move fails, or does it need to hit first? Think Thunderclap/Sucker Punch/Protect/dead upon switch-in .

Why iron bundle is not tested in ou ?

There is so my priorities, wouldn’t it be balanced against rillaboom and KINGAMBIT especially
Literal unresisted coverage with a godly speed stat and a good special attack is never gonna be retested, specs bundle has zero good switch ins.

The fact I have to explain this even if that was a joke is saying something...

Why iron bundle is not tested in ou ?

There is so my priorities, wouldn’t it be balanced against rillaboom and KINGAMBIT especially
Neither of those mons switch in. Iron Bundle has basically zero safe switchins in the entire game outside of Blissey or like a Terastalyzed Water Absorb user or something, which severely restricts defensive counterplay. Plus it's also fast as balls and has decent physical bulk, so it's not even like it's deadweight vs offense either.

Naming a couple mons that can beat something 1v1 is not a good enough reason to test a mon in OU. Like Rillaboom also beats Kyogre, should we test Kyogre in OU?

What is the reason to use deoxys s now instead of grimmsnarl as screen setter? Yes it's fast, but grimmsnarl still faster thanks to its ability...?
Deo s is still really fast and it also can taunt dark types since it doesn’t rely on prankster. It also gets psycho boost and so can still do something useful when taunted. Also when you see a grimmsnarl you know it’s screens, but when you see a deo s it could be a hazards lead, screens lead, nasty plot or four attacks life orb set. The uncertainty is definitely huge.

CobsonYaoi

formerly Holesum420
How is a Pokemon's OU usage calculated? I remember seeing a post about how accounts must meet a certain threshold so nobody can use bots to artificially inflate a mon's usage.

Do Temper Flare and Stomping Tantrum get their power boost if the Pokemon tries and fails to use a move at all, or does the previous move have to be attempted and fail?

EX: I have Ogerpon Cornerstone against Pecharunt. I attempt to SD on it as it goes for Toxic, Confuses with its ability, so Ogerpon hits herself. If I use Stomping Tantrum next turn, is it the 150 BP version because I clicked but did not use a move, or the 75 BP since I didn't get something like a proper "But It Failed/It Missed" message?

Last edited:
Do Temper Flare and Stomping Tantrum get their power boost if the Pokemon tries and fails to use a move, or does the previous move have to be attempted and fail?

EX: I have Ogerpon Cornerstone against Pecharunt. I attempt to SD on it as it goes for Toxic, Confuses with its ability, so Ogerpon hits herself. If I use Stomping Tantrum next turn, is it the 150 BP version because I clicked but did not use a move, or the 75 BP since I didn't get something like a proper "But It Failed/It Missed" message?
Stomping Tantrum triggers on full paralysis, so I would imagine that it would trigger on confuse too

Volcanrona has been a pain in my ass lately, what are some ways to remove it for a balanced based team?

EDIT: I don't think Clodsire fits if that's a suggestion, since I also hope to use Grassy Terrain.

Last edited:
Volcanrona has been a pain in my ass lately, what are some ways to remove it for a balanced based team?

EDIT: I don't think Clodsire fits if that's a suggestion, since I also hope to use Grassy Terrain.
Iron Boulder? Easily switch ins, outspeeds even +1 Volcarona and even survives Tera Blast Ground (90%, 40% chance to OHKO with rocks) and giga drain (50% 2HKO) and can Mighty Kleave to ohko/+ Tera if volcarona is going to tera to deal with it.

Also... Most Volcaronas cant do much against Dragonite, so there is that.

Clodsire can still Toxic volcarona and well the EQ nerf under grassy shouldnt be too big of an issue?

Iron Boulder? Easily switch ins, outspeeds even +1 Volcarona and even survives Tera Blast Ground (90%, 40% chance to OHKO with rocks) and giga drain (50% 2HKO) and can Mighty Kleave to ohko/+ Tera if volcarona is going to tera to deal with it.

Also... Most Volcaronas cant do much against Dragonite, so there is that.

Clodsire can still Toxic volcarona and well the EQ nerf under grassy shouldnt be too big of an issue?
Thanks for the advice. I haven't gotten a chance to test it against Volc yet, but it did solve a speed check issue I've been having. Guess I found out why here aren't many 100% accurate rock moves.

By this logic, StonerPon is also a decent check?

what is the best tera blast type for serperior on sticky web HO?
It really depends... Stellar, Ground, Fire, Fighting... Any of those seems like a good option depending on match up you might prefer some.
Tera Stellar is the best one in coverage and utility BUT loses the defensive benefits and extra oomph some of the other Teras situationally have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)