Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Regarding the new SV OU HOME viability rankings, what does Galarian Moltres do and what about it lets it do it better than other Pokemon?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Regarding the new SV OU HOME viability rankings, what does Galarian Moltres do and what about it lets it do it better than other Pokemon?
sets up kind of like last generation (mainly double dance), but with screens, the general lack of ghost and ground immunities, and the strength of its STAB without gear being around or tar being good, it is able to excel and compress roles on some of those archetypes

sets up kind of like last generation (mainly double dance), but with screens, the general lack of ghost and ground immunities, and the strength of its STAB without gear being around or tar being good, it is able to excel and compress roles on some of those archetypes
Would you recommend Leftovers or Heavy-Duty Boots more as the item pick?

I see Walking Wake is above Torkoal in the preliminary VR; what sets does Wake run outside of Sun, and which team structures does it fit on?

I see Walking Wake is above Torkoal in the preliminary VR; what sets does Wake run outside of Sun, and which team structures does it fit on?
1686124313669.png

This set is pretty strong on HO, where it helps vs teams that don't have the best water resists (eg: Rotom-W, Dondozo, or Baxcalibur).

1686124402151.png

Whereas a set like this can be used on rain - though there's now competition in Basculegion-F, and Volcanion.

You can also run the regular sun team Wake outside of Sun, or try a substitute set.
Although this doesn't mention any Home mons yet, this article goes into more detail on its main sets if interested
https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/walking-wake/

Why is Articuno Galar so high in the viability list?
I think it's because of defensive tera, articuno-g can now actually survive a hit and do double dance behind screens, and it also has tored power, and can it can use the move recover to heal itself if it took a bit of damage

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
I wonder about Tinkaton being placed in the Medium rank on the Viability List. Does it have any real niche/is it actually being used at all or is this just a "it could work on paper" thing?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I wonder about Tinkaton being placed in the Medium rank on the Viability List. Does it have any real niche/is it actually being used at all or is this just a "it could work on paper" thing?
I think the lack fairies is a big one in the meta, it sets up Rock, has the ability to run an encore set, induce paralysis and it is a Knock Off user which is still uncommon. It’s typing overall works very well defensively. Also it has a versatile move pool. So works on paper is accurate

Per requests that Viability List questions go here for now.

I see Tauros-Water back on the list, is it mostly Chien-Pao or does it match well into any other things that were introduced/reinvigorated by Home?

Admittedly also curious where Uxie came from, since I'm not sure what it does besides the heavily competitive role of Screen Setter and I guess pivoting after (typing + Levitate is good for Tusk but also makes it food for Lead Dragapult no?)

Per requests that Viability List questions go here for now.

I see Tauros-Water back on the list, is it mostly Chien-Pao or does it match well into any other things that were introduced/reinvigorated by Home?

Admittedly also curious where Uxie came from, since I'm not sure what it does besides the heavily competitive role of Screen Setter and I guess pivoting after (typing + Levitate is good for Tusk but also makes it food for Lead Dragapult no?)
Tauros also helps to check other physical threats like Urshifu, Gambit, an so on. But yeah, it is used mainly for Pao.
Uxie is used mainly in trick room as a setter with a pivot move.

In the new Viability Rankings, I noticed there isn't a separation between Enamorus-Incarnate and Enamorus-Therian. Do they have equal viability, or is the Therian form unviable to the point of not appearing?

Earlier in the generation, Psyspam teams featuring Indeedee/Hatterene/Polteageist were hugely popular, but I haven't seen much talk of them recently, even pre-Home. Are these teams still viable/popular, or have there been any changes in the meta that made them fall off?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Earlier in the generation, Psyspam teams featuring Indeedee/Hatterene/Polteageist were hugely popular, but I haven't seen much talk of them recently, even pre-Home. Are these teams still viable/popular, or have there been any changes in the meta that made them fall off?
I would say currently, they're still viable but not ideal because the meta is changing rapidly. I've used my old psyspam teams in this current meta and I've won a bunch. Pre-HOME they're extremely viable because of the low usage from Tyranitar. I will say currently its still viable but I don't know where it will be trending since the meta is rapidly changing.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
H-Samurott existing makes them not worth using, imo.

Why are Baxcalibur and Roaring Moon as low as they are, and Tauros-Water as high as it is? I assume for the dragons it's related to chien-pao outclassing them, and tauros being a check to sacred sword or tera blast lacking pao sets. Pao is banned now, so will their rank change soon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)