Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

In the opening post to Volcarona's suspect thread, is the first paragraph of the "Suspect Reasoning" section supposed to end like this?
After a controversial quickban earlier this generation, Volcarona was reintroduced to our flagship metagame with hopes that it would stay afloat this time around. However, the infamous Quiver Dancer, frequently dubbed the match-up Moth,

Not specific to ou but why is scald generally preferred over surf on offensive mons but discharge isn’t used over tbolt?

I remember once losing to a very well made Volt Turn team, and I wanted to get in on that. I just have no idea on how to go about the archetype, other than Meowscarada and maybe Rotom?

Are there any guides, or advice on such a team? Main weaknesses? By the time I realized what I was facing, it was too late. I liked that.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
What is Assault Vest Rillaboom countering, exactly? It's not enough to be my main Sp.wall, right?
It's like assault vest hamurott, you aren't exactly trying to wall things but to take one or two special hits from something they threaten and respond with big damage, so they shouldn't be your main special wall.
Assault vest rillaboom specifically can help against stuff like raging bolt, primarina, wake and lando, though of course any special hit that is super effective it can usually take. The main benefit of AV rilla is that you still have passive recovery.

What is the most common Meow set atm? Is there one that works well as a pivot for balance? I like it as a Scarfer as a speed control assassin, but I'd rather use it with another item. If I'm using it on balance, what else makes for decent speed control? Preferably nothing one - time.

What is the most common Meow set atm? Is there one that works well as a pivot for balance? I like it as a Scarfer as a speed control assassin, but I'd rather use it with another item. If I'm using it on balance, what else makes for decent speed control? Preferably nothing one - time.
Probably the boots set, but meow struggles a lot in this meta due to competition from weavile and waterpon, while being very frail.
Another good option for speed control is Darkrai, it's scarf set especially helps a lot.

Probably the boots set, but meow struggles a lot in this meta due to competition from weavile and waterpon, while being very frail.
Another good option for speed control is Darkrai, it's scarf set especially helps a lot.
I understand your logic. If a random dude can knock the soon-to-be champ outta the tourney with a random Darkai, so can I. I was also thinking Dragapult for status shenanigans.

Some mons that are good? Not good at keeping up to date, sos.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-ou-indigo-disk-viability-ranking-thread.3734134/
Anything A- tier and above is usually good and somewhat splashable, and some of the B+ mons also being good.
What is the Nasty Plot Lando set?
Lando-T doesn't usually run Nasty Plot, but it would most likely be NP, Earth Power, Grass Knot and then either Sludge Bomb/Tera Blast Flying/Psychic or Taunt/Stealth Rock/U-turn if you want to use it.

For my question, what is a semi sand team composed of? I've already got ttar and exca (and another sand abuser), but I don't know what to fill out the rest of my team with.

I got two questions both somewhat relating to my favourite starter Rillaboom, first off, from its strategy dex I got reminded of Comfey, is it actually solid in OU? I mean it has a moveset. And my second question, would you guys say that now after the nerfs Rillaboom is better than Cinderace?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I got two questions both somewhat relating to my favourite starter Rillaboom, first off, from its strategy dex I got reminded of Comfey, is it actually solid in OU? I mean it has a moveset. And my second question, would you guys say that now after the nerfs Rillaboom is better than Cinderace?
Uh, Comfey is viable in OU but it's one dimensional in it's set. Runs Grassy Seed

:comfey:
Comfey @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Triage
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt / Stored Power / Synthesis
- Giga Drain

------

Depends how you want to compare Rillaboom to Cinderace

Rillaboom is better than Cinderace in terms of viability.

Rillaboom is usually stronger physical attacker since Cinderace is forced to run HDB and Rillaboom can run Choice Band

You can base a team around Rillaboom you rarely ever base a team off Cinderace

Court Change + Libero + Natural Speed I think are some of the advantages of Cinderace but in a vacuum, Rillaboom is better even though I think they have very different jobs. (After the nerfs ofc, cus Gen 8 Libero Cinderace is damn broken)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)