Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is no HP boosting nature
I'm not saying you should literally get an HP boosting nature, there is no such thing. I'm saying if you want a bulkier Metagross you should invest EVs in HP as opposed to getting a nature like Careful. For Metagross I think most sets are either Jolly or Adamant.

Edit:

Just SR'd a 31/30/31/31/27/31 Rash Manaphy. Is it worth keeping?
No, I'd definitely toss it. Rash is not a good fit for Manaphy at all and the SDef IVs are bad. It wouldn't have much trade value and I wouldn't keep it for personal use either.

I'm not saying you should literally get an HP boosting nature, there is no such thing. I'm saying if you want a bulkier Metagross you should invest EVs in HP as opposed to getting a nature like Careful. For Metagross I think most sets are either Jolly or Adamant.
Ok thanks

LF: competitive Naive Speed Boost Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken with hidden power ice.
FT: Numerous Flawless (most bred by me, some traded to me), some shinies, and some legendaries. Also if anyone is still looking for a Darkrai code, I have one available.

Keep or Toss this Zapdos?

Modest
30/2/31/30/31/31
HP Grass

I already have a Calm natured HP Grass Zapods, so I wanted a HP Ice one.Furthermore I don't see any set in Smogon Pokédex that say to use HP Grass.But in any case this is a perfect HP Grass spread!Opinion?

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm looking for any female Misdreavus/Mismagius in a Friend Ball.

Can offer some Dream Ball mons and all Premier Ball mons in return.
I can do this for you for free. I'll let you know when I'm done :)
Keep or Toss this Zapdos?

Modest
30/2/31/30/31/31
HP Grass

I already have a Calm natured HP Grass Zapods, so I wanted a HP Ice one.Furthermore I don't see any set in Smogon Pokédex that say to use HP Grass.But in any case this is a perfect HP Grass spread!Opinion?
KEEP. Keep, keep, keep.

LF for a Female HA Torchic knowing Baton Pass, Nature and IV's don't matter.

Also looking for the following Legends (ball choice is preferred but not required, minus Cherish of course):

Bold and Brave

Naive

Bold

Jolly, Timid, Bold, Calm, and Impish | Defog (expect for Jolly)

Modest | Blue Flare and Glaciate

Jolly | Prankster

Modest

Calm

Rash

Naive, Quiet, and Relaxed
FT Multiple Hidden Power Pokemon from My Trade Thread

Last edited:
Safari ball looks great on shiny scizor
I thought that as well! I only picked Nest Ball over Safari Ball since the lighter green/yellow on the Nest Ball seemed to better suit the color pallet of shiny Scizor better than the dark~ish green and weird yellow/tan~ish of the Safari Ball. That, and it's easier to get a female Scyther in a Nest Ball as I can get that in XY over Safari Ball transferred from HGSS. I just wish the two colors on Nest Ball were swapped to have more yellow than green.

I've been out of touch with RNG mechanics for a while. In 6th gen, is the wild pokemon's shininess and nature still related to the PID? What does the PID determine these days? In the past it determined whether the pokemon was shiny, its IVs, and its nature.

I've been out of touch with RNG mechanics for a while. In 6th gen, is the wild pokemon's shininess and nature still related to the PID? What does the PID determine these days? In the past it determined whether the pokemon was shiny, its IVs, and its nature.
Shininess is linked to the shiny value. Every game file is designated a secret number between 0-4095. Every egg/ non shiny locked Pokémon is as well. If the numbers match, shiny.

From what I heard the DNA of the Pokémon in Gen 6 is largely unchanged from Gen 5's, two rolls for nature/ability/gender/etc and another for IVs.
But the 3DS can't be manipulated like the DS could to do proper RNG abuse, and apparently the frames advance really fast now.

Could anyone catch me a female Seviper in a Luxury Ball? Just need one for breeding and I can't catch one in Omega Ruby. Obviously the better the IVs the more useful it is, but it isn't a big deal breeding takes forever regardless lol.

EDIT: In case anyone has the ability to go above and beyond, I'm trying to get a Naive nature. ^_^

What pokeball would you guys ball would you say looks best on a tangrowth and excadrill?
Nest Ball for Tangrowth, Timer Ball for Excadrill.

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Shininess is linked to the shiny value. Every game file is designated a secret number between 0-4095. Every egg/ non shiny locked Pokémon is as well. If the numbers match, shiny.
And the Shiny Value is linked to the PID of the Pokémon... :)
SV = ((PID & 0xFFFF) ^ (PID >> 16)) >> 4

TSV = (TID ^ SID) >> 4

So yes; shininess is still determined by a combination of PID, your TID and your SID.
IVs, nature, etc. are... Tricky.
Nature is not unconnected AFAIK, they are made by close together calls to the RNG; but it's not just a direct PID%25 = 0, therefore Gentle like it was in Gen 3/4.

IVs were never determined by the PID, but again, they were made by close together RNG calls, so you could use the PID (and knowledge of the "method" in use for that specific type of Pokémon) to calculate the IVs from there. In Gen 5, the IVs moved to a completely separate RNG; and both can be advanced independently of one another (i.e. IVs have no connection to PID).

Could anyone catch me a female Seviper in a Luxury Ball? Just need one for breeding and I can't catch one in Omega Ruby. Obviously the better the IVs the more useful it is, but it isn't a big deal breeding takes forever regardless lol.

EDIT: In case anyone has the ability to go above and beyond, I'm trying to get a Naive nature. ^_^
Can catch you one straight from Safari. Put something up on GTS asking for a Lev 30 female and post on my profile what it is.

Random question, does anyone have a friend safari with a pokemon either in the monster or dragon egg group? I am trying to breed a good Charizard and my friend repertoire is pathetic to say the least. I would really appreciate the help in this endeavor as I am struggling to get the ball rolling : )

Hey all, got a few that i'm looking for and a few I can breed a near endless supply of for trade.

Looking for:

Name: Larvesta
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flame Body
Egg Moves: N/A
IVs: HP 31 / Att 0 / Def 31 / SpA 31 / SpD 31 / Spe 31
Ball: Luxury Ball if possible, but totally not required.

Name: Drilbur
Nature: Careful
Ability: Mold Breaker
IVs: HP 31 / Att 31 / Def 31 / SpA X / SpD 31 / Spe 31

Name: Skarmory
Nature: Careful
Ability: Sturdy
Egg Moves: Whirlwind

Name: Scyther
Nature: Impish
Ability: Technician

Name: Ferrothorn
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Iron Barbs
Egg Moves: Leech Seed
IVs: HP 31 / Att 31 / Def 31 / SpA X / SpD 31 / Spe 0

For trade I have:

Name: Magikarp
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Swift Swim
IVs: HP 31 / Att 31 / Def 31 / SpA 31 / SpD 31 / Spe 31
Ball: Pokeball

Name: Bagon
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Rock Head
IVs: HP 31 / Att 31 / Def 31 / SpA 31 / SpD 31 / Spe 31
Ball: Pokeball

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Simply

Last edited:

Nest Ball for Tangrowth, Timer Ball for Excadrill.
For Tangrowth Net or Great ball works. For Excadrill Luxury, Premier or Timer match imo

Thanks for the input fellas. I'd also like to ask briefly what you'd suggest as pokeballs for Metagross and Kabutops? For Metagross I guess a Dive Ball would be nice with it's contrasting blues. For Kabutops I dunno...

Random question, does anyone have a friend safari with a pokemon either in the monster or dragon egg group? I am trying to breed a good Charizard and my friend repertoire is pathetic to say the least. I would really appreciate the help in this endeavor as I am struggling to get the ball rolling : )
I've got a flawless jolly male charmander in repeat ball if you want it VM me. It's free.

Thanks for the input fellas. I'd also like to ask briefly what you'd suggest as pokeballs for Metagross and Kabutops? For Metagross I guess a Dive Ball would be nice with it's contrasting blues. For Kabutops I dunno...
Metagross: Dive, Net, Great
Kabutops: Luxury

Metagross is genderless and cannot pass down the ball you'll need to either RNG abuse one, SR it in the friend safari or trade with someone who has it.

I know you like to have pokemon with 6 iv and want to get a fair trade off your two pokemon. However, you find a better deal with 5 iv in the right spot pokemon.

Drilbur, Skarmory, Scyther,Ferrothorn have no need for a 31 sp atk iv. It is a pain to breed, another 1/32 chance that you can be better off without it.

I know you like to have pokemon with 6 iv and want to get a fair trade off your two pokemon. However, you find a better deal with 5 iv in the right spot pokemon.

Drilbur, Skarmory, Scyther,Ferrothorn have no need for a 31 sp atk iv. It is a pain to breed, another 1/32 chance that you can be better off without it.
Agreed, but i'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'll definitely take what I can get, though, and I certainly understand that there is currently no need for a 31 SpA.

I'll change them to Xs for now then. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)