Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

Haunter lead. I lead with my Blissey (since their team was packed with Ubers). Haunter's moves in order of use: Confuse Ray, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball, Switch. Note he outsped my Blissey so there was no chance of me getting in a rest before him.

Not on OU ladder, but I battled some random guy at GameStop last night while waiting in line for Black Friday.
As soon as I saw a Pidgeot on Team Preview, I knew this was going to be an easy win. His Pidgeot then used Fly. Twice. And then, his Tyrantrum used Giga Impact on my M-Mawile. It did a quarter health damage. I set up with a Swords Dance, and swept his team easily.

Not on OU ladder, but I battled some random guy at GameStop last night while waiting in line for Black Friday.
As soon as I saw a Pidgeot on Team Preview, I knew this was going to be an easy win. His Pidgeot then used Fly. Twice. And then, his Tyrantrum used Giga Impact on my M-Mawile. It did a quarter health damage. I set up with a Swords Dance, and swept his team easily.

I was spectating a battle:

Player 1's team: Galvantula/5 other mons
Player 2's team: Dusclops/Reuniclus/Slowking/Cresselia/Clawitzer/Bronzong

Turn 1:

Player 1 sent out Galvantula!
Player 2 sent out Dusclops!

Player 1's Galvantula used Sticky Web!

Um.........

I was spectating a battle:

Player 1's team: Galvantula/5 other mons
Player 2's team: Dusclops/Reuniclus/Slowking/Cresselia/Clawitzer/Bronzong

Turn 1:

Player 1 sent out Galvantula!
Player 2 sent out Dusclops!

Player 1's Galvantula used Sticky Web!

Um.........
Maybe he didn't realize it was a Trick Room team? They aren't exactly common. And he didn't know how slow all those mons already are?

Yeah, I'm sort of grasping at straws here...

A MKangaskhan with Flamethrower and Ice Beam.
Gengar with Air Balloon (BECAUSE LEVITATE'S JUST NOT ENOUGH.)
Lapras w/ Horn Drill and Sheer Cold.

I was sad.
I saw that set on a Dewgong in the Battle Tower in Gen 4. The set was Rest, Sleeptalk, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill. Of course the CPU luckerdawg'd and OHKO'd all my pokemon without having problems with accuracy when it mattered.

I was testing my new team on an alt and came across these:
-HP Fire Jolteon (killed my Genesect but that's about it)
-Non mega Ampharos
-An Articuno insisting on using Freeze-dry... against a Heatran... on a team entirely weak to SR (no word on whether there was a defogger, but there was definitely no spinner)
-A Glaceon on that same team using Snow Cloak and manual hail. Yeah, it's not under the evasion clause but that doesn't mean it's smart. Oh, and Snow Cloak failed to activate.

Then on my normal account, I saw a Rotom-W trick a scarf onto my Celebi... only to take it back a few turns later and immediately die.

Edit: And then there was the guy who told me, "Your Genesect should be red." Why?

It doesn't have any event moves...

Last edited:
I was just spectating a match. One guy had an edited avatar to look like Ash. The comments made about his avatar were quite vulgar (but hilarious).

Anyway, the guy Ash was facing had a Power Herb Solarbeam Delphox (yes Magician gimmick set, and he ranted about not using smogon to decided on creative sets) and Ash had an Extremespeed Genesect who could've KO'd Delphox in one hit with U-turn....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)