Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can you watch this without injuring yourself? A new game show: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96796856

- Sash, non poison heal breloom
- Assault Vest Feraligatr with AERIAL ACE
- ROCK TOMB
- Who the fuck keeps Charizard Y in with Aerodactyl?
- Crobat with Aerodactyl -_-
- My fucking regigigas stalled him out
Technician is Breloom's most common, and arguably most useful, ability. Also, Sash works well with Technician, and is Breloom's 2nd most common item. Rock Tomb is boosted by Technician, so it is a 90 BP rock move with 95% accuracy. It is also pretty standard on Breloom. The rest was pretty bad though.

Special azumarill with Belly Drum, Hydro Pump, Ice beam and ???
Gliscor trying to use toxic on my ferrothorn.. TWICE
PHYSICAL ALAKAZAM WITH FIRE PUNCH AND ?????
All in one game but I forgot to save it QQ
Oh yeah and that same Gliscor had a toxic orb... WITH NO POSION HEAL

Last edited:

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Technician is Breloom's most common, and arguably most useful, ability. Also, Sash works well with Technician, and is Breloom's 2nd most common item. Rock Tomb is boosted by Technician, so it is a 90 BP rock move with 95% accuracy. It is also pretty standard on Breloom. The rest was pretty bad though.
This was very helpful, thanks. The rest was really fucked up though too, i agree.

Can you watch this without injuring yourself? A new game show: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96796856

- Sash, non poison heal breloom
- Assault Vest Feraligatr with AERIAL ACE
- ROCK TOMB
- Who the fuck keeps Charizard Y in with Aerodactyl?
- Crobat with Aerodactyl -_-
- My fucking regigigas stalled him out
Dude had aerial ace and dual chop... Dual chop ain't too bad but damn. Deserves to get beaten by a regigigas.

So I've made a scouting team inspired by Molk and Trop above; they didn't give it to me but building my own similar one works almost as well.

I decided to post all the sets I see in chat. No commentary, just a straightforward note "this is what my opponent is running".

My first battle had a team consisting only of Talonflame. I suspect they might have been trolling the lower ladder in their own way.

And then, two battles later...THIS happened. 5/6 Pokemon successfully Transform scouted, and hilarity ensues.

EDIT: Also of note on that battle: my Furret is banded, not scarfed. Consider this information going into turn 13.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Spamming Metronome against the bottom of the OU ladder is amazing.

Today's results:

Curse/Belly Drum/Amnesia/Rest Snorlax
Amnesia/Thunder Wave/Waterfall/Curse Bibarel
Aerial Ace Aegislash
Sleep Powder/Nightmare Butterfree
Itemless Ambipom with Thief and Fling and Acroabtics

Today's results:

Aerial Ace Aegislash
Sleep Powder is legit on Butterfree. Compoundeyes gives it 100% accuracy. But the rest is stupid.

Sleep Powder is legit on Butterfree. Compoundeyes gives it 100% accuracy. But the rest is stupid.
Correction: Compoundeyes gives it 97.5% accuracy. Which is still pretty good.

Honestly, running itemless with Thief, Fling, and Acrobatics seems like a fun gimmick, though it would be better to start with a Fossil or Rare Bone so you can Fling that for massive damage. (The whole thing would be way better, though, if something got Magician, a decent Attack stat, and Fling all on the same mon. Preferably with STAB.)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96868855
-Drain punch, weakness policy Blissey
-Stays in on ghost type
-stealth Rocks, 3 times.
-Mach Punch's a ghost type, twice
-Mega-Gyarados with dd, aqua tail, hydro pump, hp something
-Amnesia, light screen, brick break, aqua jet Azumaril with galon berry and sap sipper
-Brightpowder, aerial ace Mandibuzz with Weak Armor
-Celebi who sets up on Gourgeist

What I have seen the last days not nessecary on the ladder but wifi as well:
- non-EV Charm Mega-Latias (I have the replay saved for 3DS owners lol)
- Hidden Power Chandelure...it used it against my Mega-Scizor and was super effective (didn't OHKO)
- More Pokemon with useless HM moves like Cut, Strenght or Fly (not to stall something)
- Complete STAB set...with the thoughprocess: "hmm...Fire Blast didn't do anything...maybe I should try Ember"
- Special Steelix
- More HYPER BEAM
- Mixed HM-Slave Latios

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, i'm back again with some more gems found by the scouting team :). some of these amazing gems include the mighty Giga Impact Swellow, SD/air slash/fire fang/EQ mega charizard x, and Quick Claw Carbink. I also got some people to try the team on PO to see what we could get from there, not technically PS, but i think they're worth posting nonetheless. Once upon, full log is in the hide tags below.

This round's screenshots were taken by perplexingpool, alyssathegreat, Passion, and Casedvictory

EDIT: added in more

Last edited:
Don't understand why so many people are even playing a competitive server if they like to use random, pointless shit.

-Druddigon in ubers
-Chatot in OU
-Those random little cup teams in ubers
-Sap sipper azumarills
-Hitmonlee in OU
-Swellow in OU

Don't understand why so many people are even playing a competitive server if they like to use random, pointless shit.

-Druddigon in ubers
-Chatot in OU
-Those random little cup teams in ubers
-Sap sipper azumarills
-Hitmonlee in OU
-Swellow in OU
Sap Sipper Azurmarill is a good trapper, this has been explained before I think. And it's better than Thick Fat at least.

Today's results:

Aerial Ace Aegislash
Butterfree hasn't been able to get nightmare since gen 2 >.<

Edit: actually i suppose it could in XD, but thats a stretch.

AwesomeFennekin

Banned deucer.
Errrrr....
Such Flower used Hidden Power!
A critical hit! It's super effective! The opposing Aegislash hung on using its Focus Sash!
The opposing Aegislash lost 99% of its health!
Such Flower lost some of its HP!

WHO USES FOCUS SASH ON AN AEGISLASH?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)