Shuckle (OU Revamp) WIP

Oldamar999

Tien Time

[OVERVIEW]
Shuckle's Defenses are the highest in the game, having 230 in both Defense and Special Defense, which allows it to tank hits from Pokemon such as Nidoking and Snorlax. Additionally, while Shuckle's Bug / Rock typing doesn't really give Shuckle a whole lot of resistances, its resistance to Normal-Type moves is what helps it, as it allows Shuckle to wall all Snorlax sets barring Earthquake + Belly Drum. Its high bulk also lets it check Nidoking very well, as Earthquake only 5HKOes Shuckle at best. Shuckle also has some useful utility moves in Toxic, Sandstorm, and Encore, combining this with its high defenses means that Shuckle is able to force some switches easily. Unfortunately, Shuckle's massive Defenses are heavily offset by its abysmal base 20 HP, which means it is far less bulky in than it appears, making it vulnerable to many attackers such as Rhydon and Machamp. Shuckle is also hindered by its non-existent offensive stats, so it usually relies on Toxic to deal damage and is thus hard countered by both Steel-Type phazers, Steelix and Skarmory. Finally, Shuckle suffers from terrible weaknesses to Rock- and Water- type moves, which means that it is easily forced out by very common Pokemon like Tyranitar, Rhydon, Suicune, and Vaporeon.
[SET]
name: Pure Stall
move 1: Toxic
move 2: Wrap/Sandstorm/Sleep Talk
move 3: Rest
move 4: Encore/Defense Curl
item: Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]
Toxic wears down most Pokemon like Snorlax and Machamp and prevents Pokemon who otherwise would have nothing to worry about from switching into Shuckle carelessly and can force Pokemon to Rest, this lets Shuckle use Encore to switch a teammate in safely as the opponent will be locked into Rest. Wrap prevents the opponent from switching out and does a small amount of damage, which allows Shuckle to more easily Toxic Stall the enemy, Sandstorm is an alternative that nullifies leftovers and pairs very well with Spikes and Toxic, as well as being able to hurt the ghost types that wrap cannot. Sleep talk prevents Shuckle from being completely useless if it is put to sleep or uses Rest. Rest heals Shuckle to full health and cures it of any status. Encore punishes Setup Sweepers by forcing them to use a setup move for several turns, this can give Shuckle a chance to set toxic on the opponent or can assist a teammate by giving them a safe switch in. Defense Curl increases Shuckle's already great Defense by one stage, making it more difficult for sweepers like Snorlax to take it out.

[SET]
name: Resttalk
move 1: Defense Curl/Curse
move 2: Rollout
move 3: Rest
move 4: Sleep Talk
item: Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[oldamar999,453750]]
- Quality checked by: [[, ], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Last edited:
It looks like you put a great degree of thought into this post. Why not HP Rock or Bug instead of Rollout in the second set? Or Flying/Ground? Also, maybe replace Sleep Talk with Toxic. The first moveset is pretty standard and I don't think it will be very effective on any team. A lot of Cursers will outclass him in OU. You might run him along with Snorlax, but probably the slot can be given to a better Curser or Bug-type, like Kangaskhan or Heracross. To sum, I think shuckle has some niches in the lower tiers, but maybe not so much in OU. It's a nice thought, though.

Oldamar999

Tien Time
It pains me to say it. but I think I want to drop this analysis and work on another one. I have had very little motivation to work on this and am inexperienced with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)