SS Ubers SHUCKLE and THE FELLAS - A sticky web team, peaked 1640, top 50

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
1616371962128.png

Hello, everyone! I'm Fusion Flare, and I've been screwing around in Ubers ever since DLC2 rolled up onto the block of the SS Ubers crowd. Notably, i am likely best known for being an advent Tangrowth aficionado, though this team won't feature it. Because as you can guess. I've decided to build a Sticky Webs team! This is my first RMT, so what better than to show off one of my most prized teams in the metagame. Primarily of course, due to ease of use (translation: brainless as fuck) and the fact that the primary removers for such teams (Ho-oh and Yveltal) are easy to pressure and remove for this team.​
So! Without further ado, lets get to the team!
BUILDING PROCESS

1616372035754.png

Our story begins with none other than our conqueror of worlds, our bringer of destruction, the king among men, Shuckle. His job is of a supportive one with Sticky Webs and Stealth Rock, but a crucial one nonetheless, because if he were to go all-out and use 100% of his power, he would easily obliterate the entirety of the Pokemon Universe. But, instead, he chooses to travel among children for amusement.

1616372035754.png
Dusk Mane
1616372835884.png

The companions that Master Shuckle brings alongside him are none other than the radiant glowing energy of Dusk Mane Necrozma, and the one who brings an aura of oblivion, Yveltal. These two handle the big bads of the metagame in Zacian and Xerneas, and Calyrex-Shadow respectively. Due to such incredibly defensive profiles, they find themselves on nearly every team, and this isn't an exception here as well.
1616372035754.png
Dusk Mane
1616372835884.png

Master Shuckle's next comrade in the heat of battle aids in the form of the idealistic king of lightning, Zekrom. Boasting absolutely humongous power after a single Dragon Dance and ability to crush teams lacking the likes of Groudon and Bulky Xerneas into dust, patching up its average speed with Master Shuckle's powers was a no-brainer.
1616372035754.png
Dusk Mane
1616372835884.png
1616373410042.png

Featured in Master Shuckle's treacherous journey through the ladder is the titanic demon, Eternatus. Feared by all but the most valiant of Blissey, this energy leaking monstrosity causes the same havoc and devastation as it did on the Darkest Day, with a fearsome Meteor Beam set to evaporate any cocky avian adversaries and then leave nothing but destruction in its wake for its teammates to take advantage of.
1616372035754.png
Dusk Mane
1616372835884.png
1616373410042.png
Normal Mode
And at last, the giver of eternal life that exudes an aura of nature, Xerneas. As Master Shuckle’s last member of his guild, Xerneas proves quite the battler with its Geomancy set, especially if its teammates have already made it easy pickings with their own brutal assaults, though it can pull such a feat for itself, punching the holes in for its teammates.

IN DEPTH REVIEW
credit to Lilburr for the nicknames!
:bw/shuckle:

MUST GET UP (Shuckle) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Final Gambit
As the cog that makes this team tick, this pokemon finds itself at the center of this team to operate it as its captain. It carries both Sticky Web and Stealth Rock, tools needed to get the job done against the Ubers metagame. It carries encore so it isnt setup fodder, and also utilizes Final Gambit as a suicide move to keep hazards up from the wretched defoggers. It carries a custap berry to make sure that even near defeat, it can keep its team going.
:bw/zekrom:
SUPER COOL DRAGON (Zekrom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Claw
Zekrom is, simply put, a powerhouse. A single Dragon Dance can jeopardize the opposing team’s chances at winning due to fears of poweful Bolt Strikes and Dragon Claws, especially due to this set’s particular knack to lure and decimate the likes of Tangrowth and Zygarde with a fierce Draco Meteor to raze its so called checks. And often, just like that, the game is over.
:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:
SUN DOG II (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Mandatory Fairy resist and sweeper galore, NDM makes sure to screw the opponent with powerful attacks and a surprising level of speed, with the web helping out its rather lackluster speed tier. It’s powerful EdgeQuake coverage keeps up the pressure against the birds and opposing sun dogs, as well. That photon armor isn’t for nothing, mind you. It works well with Zekrom, especially if its checks tangrowth and zygarde are lured and removed from the equation.
:ss/eternatus:
WHAT THE FRICK (Eternatus) @ Power Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Meteor Beam
Eternatus is absolutely monstrous. Unless you have a Blissey or a really fat Toxapex, your face is getting put through the Chernobyl once this thing pops the Meteor Beam. Being naturally fast is a neat benefit as well, especially because of how this team needs to keep up the pressure vs scarfers. Rest of the moves are pretty simple, Powerful Dual stabs and then flamethrower for steels.
:ss/yveltal:
BIG RED GUY (Yveltal) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
Ah, now we are at the numero uno of the tier! The Calyrex check! Yveltal, surprisingly enough, forgoes the traditional Life Orb special set for a more physically oriented set, designed to have as powerful a sucker punch, and to really make those knock offs sting. Foul Play is there either after Shuckle catches a boosting physical sweeper with its pants down, or for generally softening up something like a Groudon. Either way, it puts in the work, especially vs the dreaded Lunala.
:ss/xerneas:
STRONG DEER (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast / Psyshock / Ingrain
And last, but for sure never least, Xerneas. It tends to have a bit of a knack for only needing MoonBlast and Thunder as its main two moves on the Geomancy Power Herb set. The move you want as your last generally depends. Do you want to bust open Ferrothorn with Focus Miss-i mean Focus Blast for Zekrom? Do you want to rip blissey a new one with Psyshock for Eternatus? Do you want to watch the hope fade from Lunala and Ho-oh’s face as they watch you remain unfazed by their roars and whirlwinds? It really depends on what you like.

THREAT LIST...

Generally, finding a threat list for HO is usually harder since it’s mostly defensive threats which the other mons can cover, but naturally since it isn’t screens, there are two Pokémon that should always keep you on your toes when it comes to playing webs.

1616419372168.png

Ditto, like with any good offensive team, is an asshole. It'll revenge one of your mons no matter what and the best thing you can hope to do is take one for the team and hope to bash the opposing team in before ditto can come back for another beating, or simply get lucky with like, a Thunder para with Xerneas.

Shadow Rider Calyrex-Shadow, more specifically the Choice Scarf set, is a massive headache if you can't get going before it does. Setting up webs is your best bet to deny the scarf, but it still has 150 base speed and hits like a nuclear weapon , so it isn't what i would describe as a walk in the park either, especially since I cant use Spdef Yveltal to soothe the matchup due to how I'd just be easing up on the gas, which as you can surmise, isn't good for HO. It's other sets are just as annoying. Lead Sash NP, Subseed, you name it.
IMPORTABLE
1616372035754.png Dusk Mane 1616372835884.png1616373410042.png Normal Mode
(click sprites for pokepaste)
MUST GET UP (Shuckle) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Final Gambit

SUPER COOL DRAGON (Zekrom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Claw

SUN DOG II (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

WHAT THE FRICK (Eternatus) @ Power Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Meteor Beam

BIG RED GUY (Yveltal) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

STRONG DEER (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

REPLAYS:
(i had magnet rise over draco meteor on zekrom)
R3: vs KyogreF4N (g2)
R4: vs Iggy96 (g2) (g3)
R5: vs Riku Sakuraba (g1)
CONCLUSION
In conclusion, I think this team is super good and I really like it, it was an utter blast testing it on ladder, even if it is brainless and stuff. I really hope that some of you have as much fun as I do when I used this RMT.

1616426444004.png

Last edited:

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Here to rate. Only three small suggestions I have:

1.) Make Shuckle run Mental Herb over Custap Berry. I imagine that you chose this with the understanding that they expect you to have it and therefore wouldn't bother to Taunt, but given that HO can auto-lose to things without Sticky Web... please swap the items. It's not worth the risk.

2.) Change the Zekrom nature to Naive:
  • 4- SpA Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tangrowth: 329-387 (81.6 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tangrowth: 370-437 (91.8 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (and guaranteed after Stealth Rock if you are fortunate)
It ends up mattering. Zekrom might have to face a physical priority move or a Tangrowth Earthquake, so I prefer Naive over Hasty. It unfortunately finds itself in range of Scarf-Calyrex more often with this change, but I think an improved MU everywhere but with Caly-S (which is already more likely than not a loss) is preferred.

3.) Roost > Foul Play on Yveltal is a must. You need to be able to heal to outlast other (ideally slower) Yveltal looking to Defog on your own. I don't see Foul Play doing a lot besides hoping to stop double dance Groudon... which OHKOs you anyway with Adamant Life Orb Stone Edge since you have no HP investment (and any good player will Rock Polish first if you try switching in).

Finished Product: https://pokepast.es/2b0b18804d497e9a enjoy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)