Gen 5 Shrooms Of Doom - Breloom + SD Excadrill Sand

:breloom: Shrooms of Doom :Excadrill:
:bw/tyranitar: :bw/excadrill: :bw/breloom: :bw/jirachi: :bw/landorus-therian: :bw/latios:

Hello! I am a somewhat experienced bwer who has returned to tell another story about a team I made. Recently we have seen the rise of Clefable Hippowdon sand teams, which have given rise to a variety of bulky offense/stall teams, and has taken previously good cores and forced them to adapt. So I looked at a fighter who has been falling through the tier list, and over the course of Spring break, tested ideas until I found the team destined for success.
:terrakion: :volcarona:
This was the first idea for a core I came up with, but they stack a lot of weaknesses, and I ended up dropping volcarona.
:skarmory: :jellicent:
Skarm-Jelli was a problem that I had to consistently look at when building this team. It led me to settle on :breloom: over :terrakion:
:bw/tyranitar: Tyranitar :bw/tyranitar:
Tom (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
Crunch
Pursuit
Thunder Wave/Fire Blast
Superpower​
Tyranitar is the staple sand setter for offense teams, and the spdef evs makes it a tanky trapper, letting it take out specs Latios and knock out LO Alakazam, giving teammates chances to set up. The attack EVs also guarantee a 2HKO On Reuniclus and an OHKO on Latios. Thunder wave is to provide some speed control against tentacruel so rocks can more reliably stay up, and superpower hits Ferrothorn and can ohko a Excadrill switching in. Fire blast is another option to lure and then knock out skarmory. This is great against skarm jelli teams or clef hippo teams as they rely on the hazards to pressure the opponent.

Tyranitar ./ico-a_old_248.gif

:bw/Breloom: Breloom :bw/breloom:
Dababy (Breloom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Drain Punch
- Facade/Seed Bomb
Breloom is important as it can not only provide some defense vs the emerging Bulkier sand teams, but it can end games with a bulky swords dance sweeper set, which allows Dababy to "Save da Rap Game". The attack evs allow for a clean KO on Reuniclus from full after a swords dance, and 16 speed evs allow Breloom to speed creep Politoed and Skarmory. The rest is dumped into HP and Special Defense to make breloom a decent scald answer. SD and Drain punch make up its bread and butters, and Facade hits a lot of neutral targets, including the previously mentioned Reuniclus snipe, and Latios, Gliscor, and Celebi. Seed bomb Hits Jellicent, but without Facade, you miss out on a bunch of much needed kills. Breloom can also act as a backup Keldeo check in a pinch.
Breloom ./ico-a_old_286.gif

:Bw/Excadrill: Excadrill :Bw/Excadrill:
Doom (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 32 HP / 80 Atk / 12 Def / 176 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head​
Excadrill is important on offensive sand teams, as it provides spin and a Fast and strong Earthquake user. I decided to use a spread that was given to me by my friend Triple Axel Blaze (He's The Goat), a Swords dance set. the special defense EVs make Excadrill a better tank against Reuniclus, and is able to effectively pressure it. The speed EVs outspeed Adamant Kyurem-Black to either OHKO or do massive damage to it back with Iron Head, and the rest are dumped into various amounts of bulk to take advantage of it's steel typing.
Excadrill ./ico-a_old_530.gif

:Bw/Jirachi: Jirachi :Bw/Jirachi:
Out the Wazoo (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Thunder
- U-turn​
Jirachi provides another steel typing, as well as wish support to help out teammates. The 16 evs outspeed Adamant Breloom, and the rest are put into special defense to be a special tank. Wish and U-Turn let Jirachi pass to its teammates easily, and Thunder is used to snipe Jellicent. Iron Head allows Jirachi to hit Ice and rock types, and it can flinch targets to gain leftovers recovery and wishpass to a teammate that is capable of setting up.
Jirachi ./ico-a_old_385.gif

:bw/latios: Latios :bw/latios:
Lati-O's @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Dragon Pulse​
Latios gives us a crucial keldeo resistance and the role of a choice scarfer. The given EVs are standard, and draco meteor 2HKOs almost all unresisted Pokemon. Surf provides coverage, with a combo only resisted by Ferrothorn, which gets pressured by Excadrill and Breloom. Trick cripples defensive targets like Blissey and Clefable, and gives lefties to latios if the speed boost isn't needed. Dragon pulse gives it a move to spam without the drawback of draco meteor, and takes down targets that don't need the extra power.
Jirachi ./ico-a_old_385.gif
Latios ./ico-a_old_381.gif

:bw/Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian :bw/Landorus-therian:
Bando (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
Now we get to our second flying immune, Landorus-Therian, who uses Intimidate to provide a shield against physical attackers like dragonite and scizor, and stop them from setting up. The EVs max out speed, and takes a little hp to put into defense to be extra safe into physical attackers. Stealth rock gives us hazards, which let us chip Thundurus Therian, Dragonite, and Cloyster into ranges where they can get revenge killed by teammates or Lando itself. Earthquake is the big stab button to click into super effective targets, and hp ice hits opposing Landorus-Therian and Thundurus-Therian, as well as Dragonite and Breloom. U-turn lets Lando pivot out of Pokemon that check it to get another teammate in.

Last edited:
I think latios should be specs or calm mind because scarf is usually only good on spike teams and your team is safe into most scarfers

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, we got a more and more nice player in bw! Well in my battle style I'd like to make this team more comfortable to against rain team and fat sand. Yeah sword dance could make breloom firepower Very scary but u need one turn to start(one turn to sword dance). Which means opp can catch this chance to pressure u. And this team would give the kyurem-b and mamo 6-0 even kyurem-b just B- in VR, make sure u can get the way to against them. And here is my version to this team
Untitled 373 (pokepast.es) I change tyran to scarf cause this will help reduces your offensive pressure, as tyran is too defensive and can only be used to catch psy types compared to the previous version, and the breloom configuration can also fight fat sand, and I replaced excdrill with gastrodon, To help you better battle keldeo and the rain team, jirachi's evs is to ensure thunder can 2hko jellicent after stealthy rock, maximizing durability for the rest. Hope you like it!

Hi, we got a more and more nice player in bw! Well in my battle style I'd like to make this team more comfortable to against rain team and fat sand. Yeah sword dance could make breloom firepower Very scary but u need one turn to start(one turn to sword dance). Which means opp can catch this chance to pressure u. And this team would give the kyurem-b and mamo 6-0 even kyurem-b just B- in VR, make sure u can get the way to against them. And here is my version to this team
Untitled 373 (pokepast.es) I change tyran to scarf cause this will help reduces your offensive pressure, as tyran is too defensive and can only be used to catch psy types compared to the previous version, and the breloom configuration can also fight fat sand, and I replaced excdrill with gastrodon, To help you better battle keldeo and the rain team, jirachi's evs is to ensure thunder can 2hko jellicent after stealthy rock, maximizing durability for the rest. Hope you like it!
This is such a cool team, I really like herb lati to spam Draco and scarftar is always nice, thank you friend :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)