Shooting Star (Love it, hate it, rate it)

Hey I'm Sax King, and this is my DW RMT. The basic premise of this team is to poison the opponent and to abuse flinch hax to wear them down from a combination of attacks and poison. Hope you enjoy!

Here's a warstory featuring this team!

AND HERE IT IS!​

Omastar (F) @

Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
Omastar is a suicide lead who can also nab an early KO or two. Omastar has great physical bulk, so the HP EVs are maxed out so that he can survive onslaughts from pokemon like Scizor. However, Omastar is not specially bulky and is very weak to grass attacks, so a focus sash is necessary. The SpAtk EVs and Modest nature are to ensure an OHKO on most Hippowdon leads. Earthpower is to cover those poison types that try to absorb the spikes, and it also gets coverage with Ice Beam. The main purpose of this set is Toxic Spikes, however. The toxic stalling allows me to wear down the opponent slowly.​

SYNERGY:
-->

-->

-->

-->

CHANGES:
There's a good chance I'll change this to a Nidoking, but then again, I like Omastar's bulk.​

======================================================================================================​

Jirachi @

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Wish
- Protect​

Ahh, the star of the team. Jirachi is an absolute pain to face because of its flinch abuse. Iron Head and Zen Headbutt all have a flinch rate of 60%, making it very difficult to move. Jirachi can use Wish to heal off some of the Life Orb damage as well as heal its teamates. Jirachi can also use Protect to help it heal with Wish and also Toxic Stall. The EVs max out speed so that Jirachi can move first and so that Jirachi can hit hard.​

SYNERGY:
-->

-->

CHANGES:
Was considering a Trickscarf set, but it's not likely.
======================================================================================================​

Flygon @

Trait: Levitate
- Thunderpunch
- Outrage
- Earthquake
-U-Turn
Flygon is the revenge killer of the team. I needed something with good synergy that could take out other important threats. Flygon's resistances and immunities are invaluable to the team. Flygon is immune to ground and immune to Electric. Furthermore, it resists Edgequake, meaning that it is a great Doryuuzu counter. Thunderpunch is there solely for Gyarados and rain abusers, as otherwise Water-types destroy me. I don't like Outrage, but Dragon Claw is too weak. Flygon's U-Turn is also extremely useful, as I can scout the opponent really well.​

SYNERGY:
-->

-->

CHANGES:
Not entirely satisfied, but Flygon fits the team. Power is kind of underwhelming, however. Try to help me find another pokemon that
1)Resists both Electric and Ground
2)Preferably resists Water
3)Can counter Gyarados and Doryuuzu​

Used to be:​

Rotom-W @

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power
- Trick​

Infernape (M) @

Trait: Iron Fist
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Close Combat
Infernape is my late game sweeper, and a great one at that. Infernape can clean up after the rest of the pokemon have severely weakened the opponent. Infernape has incredible speed and power and even has powerful priority. He hits hard with his punches, as they are boosted by Iron Fist. His only problem is his frailty, but Jirachi can help that with Wish. Infernape is almost my dedicated Doryuuzu counter, as Mach Punch is an OHKO.​

SYNERGY:
-->

-->

-->

-->None!​

CHANGES:
I might want a mixed set, but this seems to be working and I don't want to give up any moveslots. Swords dance was suggested over Mach Punch, but Infernape never has time to set up anyway. I might put in Roobushin here, but its not too likely.​

Rankurusu (F) @

Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
Rankurusu is the definition of bulky offense. Rankurusu soaks up hits and then retaliates with its powerful special attack. Rankurusu is capable of walling with its high defensive stats and Recover, yet it can also attack with its high special attack and powerful moves. It also takes no damage from Life Orb or from any kind of non-direct damage, which makes a huge difference. Rankurusu is my answer to Fighting types like Roobushin and to Nattorei (although Infernape can deal with it as well).​

SYNERGY:
-->

-->

-->

CHANGES:
I kind of like the idea of a flame orb. It makes me a great Breloom counter and a great counter to Trick mons. We'll see.​

Barujiina (F) @

Trait: Dustproof
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse
If you read the warstory, you know how awesome this thing is. When paired with Toxic Spikes, this thing slowly kills you by toxic stalling and by its own STAB attacks. It can withstand almost all attacks thrown at it and can phaze, heal, and attack. This thing sponges hits for the frailer members of my team while phazing, giving me time to switch those members back in. Barujiina is a fantastic mixed wall and really helps this team stall.​

SYNERGY:
-->

-->

-->

CHANGES:
HP Fighting would work really well over Air Slash. I can hit Dory and Nattorei for SE Damage. Thoughts?

LOVE IT
HATE IT
RATE IT

This team seems to have really well thought out Synergy. One thing you are missing is a spin blocker, as your Strategies seem to rely on the Toxic Spikes staying on the field. Last Gen Rotom-W would have been fine for that role but it's typing changed with the new Gen so... yeah.

Anyways for a Spin Blocker I suggest replacing either Rankurusu or Rotom with Gengar.

A set of:

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature, 4 Hp/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power Ice/Psychic
~ Focus Blast/Thunderbolt
~ Trick

Would fit your team nicely. It still gives you the Ground Immunity, but adds spin blocking. HP Ice is for revenging the dragons, whereas Psychic can be used to clean up Fighting Types. Focus Blast if you want to hit Steel types and Tyranitar harder, Thunderbolt to take out pesky waters like Gyarados.

Also a Nidoking lead could be used over Omastar. A simple set of Ice Beam/Earthpower/Toxic Spikes/Fire Blast or Thunderbolt would tear things to shreds at the start and allow you to still get you Spikes up.

One major problem I noticed in this team is that you have nothing to cover for Electric. Borutorosu (I think that's how it's spelled) can rip this team apart since it has access to Thunderbolt and Grass Knot. To fix this, I just want to change one of your pokemon to something with a Ground type. Try replacing Rotom-W with a Mamoswine. Mamoswine has access to powerful Ice moves and Earthquake, which would deal with Borutorosu quite nicely, and provide an extremely powerful Earthquake which this team lacks. Good Luck!

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
You mention Grass Knot and then suggest a ground type lol.

Zapdos is a better Borotorosu counter. If you use Mamoswine to counter him, better hope that Ice Shard OHKOs.

Kay thanks for the rates guys.
There are a couple issues I'd like you to weigh in on however. I'd like to hear your thoughts on each of these issues.

Nidoking vs Omastar
Omastar always OHKOs Hippowdon, while Nidoking only does it some of the time. Omastar also isn't weak to water attacks. Nidoking is immune to electric, however. Omastar is more bulky and can get two layers more reliably, but Nidoking hits harder.

Gengar vs Rotom
I haven't really found spin blocking an issue mostly because most players don't bother spinning any more. But it is extremely useful against those who do, so idk. I would use Gengar over Rotom, not Rankurusu. Gengar is extremely frail, however. Gengar can't absorb Ice, flying, water or fire moves for the rest of the team, only fighting, normal, and ground (which still are useful).

Mamoswine vs Rotom
Mamoswine can absorb electric type hits and revenge kill well. It can kill boosting dragons, Gyarados, Latias, and Borutorosu with a Choice Scarf Icicle Drop. There are a few problems, however. It is weak to fighting, which means I am completely reliant on Rankurusu. It is weak to water, and I have no safe switch in, which means that Rain tears me apart. It isn't immune to ground, which is fairly important.

Zapdos vs Rotom
I actually really like this idea. Zapdos is bulky on both sides but can also hit hard. In addition, it adds an electric immunity, so I won't have to fear Starmie ever again. Zapdos can run a choice set even if it doesn't have trick. It opens up a huge water weakness, however. thoughts?

Just a small nitpick. If you want Infernape to sweep late-game, I would put Swords Dance over maybe Close Combat, because at late-game when you have sufficiently stalled out most of their pokes with t-spikes and they are weakened, a +2 STAB Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch should be able to OHKO them.

Iron Head and Zen Headbutt all have a flinch rate of 60%, making it very difficult to move.
just a nitpick but Zen Headbutt only has a 40% chance to flinch with Serene Grace.

Holy shit it's a Flygon

Seriously though, use Garchomp. You've got two ground immunities with Gengar, and Doryuuzu OHKOs Flygon with Return anyway. Plus you've got Nape. Garchomp has bulk and around 30 more base attack, which is like the difference between Blissey's and Yanmega's power. Plus there's that delicious two extra base speed points.

Want something that resists Electric, Ground, and Water?

A grass type.

Like, um...Breloom or Shaymin or Celebi or Birijon or EXEGGUTOR!

Just a few little suggestions. I've ran a Jirachi set similar to the one you have, and my set offers better coverage and more hax. Here's my preferred set:

[box]Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
Adamant nature
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
- Wish[/box]

Body Slam offers a 60% paralysis rate, so it's great on switch-ins. Iron Head then provides a 60% flinch rate, which in conjunction with the 25% chance of parahax every turn allows Jirachi to more-often-than-not flinch hax people to death. Fire Punch is for coverage, so Jirachi can take out Scizor / Gross that switch in.

Also, if you're looking for a Water resist that also epitomizes Bulky offense (like your Rankurusu) then you might as well go with an Offensive Suicune set, it offers your team better synergy by resisting the Water attacks that plague your Infernape, or the Ice attacks that plague Flygon....etc. Suicune also takes Fire attacks for Jirachi, and can be a lot more physically bulky to take EQs and stop bulky Choice Banders ex. TTar.

Good luck!

kay I dont think either of you read the post.

I don't have Gengar, so my only ground immunity is Barujiina who can't do anything back. I know that Garchomp is more powerful, but its not immune to Ground. Furhtermore, I don't think it can beat Dory (I've never seen a Dory with Return). I know a Grass type resists all of those things, but I need it to be able to take out Dory and Gyarados. I can try a Breloom with Thunderpunch, but I can't use Spore because of TSpikes. Also, Breloom adds a bad flying and fire weakness.

Body Slam is great, but I have TSpikes so I'm not paralyzing anything any way. I'll consider Fire Punch over Zen Headbutt though. And Suicune is great, but it is weak to electric which is pretty bad for my team.

I run a pretty similar toxic stall team.

But I like to make my Jirachi more bulky, so the wishes it pass are bigger and take bit better.

I also feel zen headbutt and iron head are redundant, because they are not the main source of damage, the toxic damage from the free turn of flinch is. So maybe add ice punch to take care of dragons, at least that's what I do.

Alright man you seriously need to run Garchomp...FLygon does have U-Turn, but Garchomp can rape Dory, and Gyrados. The thing is that most Dory carry balloon as an Item, and Flygon can really touch them, but Garchomp on the other hand can 2HKO 4HP Dory with Rocks, Gyrados is Ko'd by StoneEdge on the switch with rocks and always when Garchomp is not intimidated. Jirachi would also be better with a bulkier spread. the only thing Flygon has over Garchomp is U-Turn which is meh..when compared to Garchomp's awesomeness.
Other than that the team looks good, hope I helped.

I would probably consider Choice scarf Shaymin, and Shaymin-S if its allowed as it takes electric and water attacks like a champ, and the ground form can combine rest and Natural Cure to stay alive longer. It can also outspeed slower SSwimmers like Omastar and Gorebyss.Also, since your team resolves around toxic spikes, I would REALLY consider Desukan. It can:

-Take on Roobushin and Machamp like a champ by stealing their ability and Poisoning them while being slower and so taking less damage from Payback, as well as abuse Evil Eye and Pain Split while your opponent slowly dies from Toxic Poison.

-Counter the popular Spinners (Hitmontop, Forry, etc.)

Also, it has an ability that can do two amazing things: -REMOVE SAND THROW FROM DORYUUZU.

-remove SWIFT SWIM from, well... swift swimmers.

AND this leaves your team with two weaknesses: -Kabutops (which Ape can deal with in an extreme situation with Mach Punch for about 75%)

-LUDICOLO. I see him as a Major annoyance. Just find a way to deal with it.

Hope i helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)