Shoddybattle Tournament Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

the best stuff on earth
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
As you probably (and should have) read in the interest thread, this will be a 64-man Diamond/Pearl tournament played on Shoddybattle (www.shoddybattle.com - it's a D/P simulator written in Java). It will be hosted on the "Official Server" of Shoddybattle.

Judges
(in the event of a disconnect or similar issue): LordS, Surgo, Synre, Groudon80, GreenPikachu, Kumar, Misty, chaos

RULES:
Sleep Clause
Species Clause
Self-KO Clause (if you use Explosion/Selfdestruct/another move that KOs you and it's your last pokemon out, you lose 100% of the time, even if your opponent dies too)
OHKO ban (Fissure, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine)
Evasion ban (any move that specifically increases evasion: Double Team, Minimize, etc. Things like Sand Veil are fine)
Single elimination

The following pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms), Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus (all types), Wobbuffet, and Manaphy.

Everything else is allowed.

If you have a question or if you have a problem getting Shoddybattle to work (I'll try to put up some sort of FAQ-type thing for Shoddybattle too maybe) feel free to PM me here or on IRC (irc.dejatoons.net as alex; join #smogon while you're there).

If there is an issue with people being disconnected and one of the players doesn't want to rematch, I will have a few people designated to judge that sort of thing; be sure to PM me in such an event.

Post in this thread if you want to sign-up; just a simple "in" or whatever is sufficient.

People who have PMed me who I know are reliable but couldn't make 6:00PM EDT sign-ups (they're in the tournament):
Loki
Mekkah
Warthog
goofball

Next 60 posts are in. As soon as it fills I will do pairings and give a deadline so you guys can start battling.

Go!

EDIT: It will be done over a few weeks; NOT in one day. Also, if/when possible, please use your Smogon forums username on Shoddybattle.

Rumor has it lords isn't appearing in this tournament out of fear of this MYSTERY COMPETITOR

also in etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)