Shoddybattle Tournament; Interest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

the best stuff on earth
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So, most of us have played on wifi and have found it to be ridiculously slow and quite limited in terms of pokemon, movesets and the like when compared to the simulator we were all used to: NetBattle, and simulators in general.

Shoddybattle (www.shoddybattle.com - it's a Java DP simulator) has recently been developed and serves as quite a suitable replacement for wifi battling and so here we are with a tournament. It will be a "standard" tournament in that I will post pairings, give a deadline and you'll battle, etc. 64-man, single elimination, no teams.

For rules I'm thinking:
Sleep Clause
Species Clause
Self-KO Clause (if you use Explosion/Selfdestruct/another move that KOs you and it's your last pokemon out, you lose 100% of the time, even if your opponent dies too)
OHKO Move Ban (Fissure, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine)
Evasion ban (anything to do with evasion: BrightPowder, Double Team, Minimize, etc.)
The following pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms), Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus (all types), Wobbuffet, and Manaphy.
Tyranitar, Celebi and Jirachi (fuck you mre) are allowed. No, I will not ban Blissey.

Post here if you'd be willing to participate in such a tournament, if you have a question/suggestion/comment about anything possibly related to it, or if you have a problem getting Shoddybattle to work (I'll try to put up some sort of FAQ-type thing for Shoddybattle too if this generates enough interest). If you want to contact me personally you can PM me here or on IRC (irc.dejatoons.net as alex or lords; join #smogon while you're there).

I will also probably need a staff to watch battles when I'm not here as Shoddybattle is known to occasionally disconnect you and I don't want any arguments made if one person doesn't want to rematch or whatever.

Go!

EDIT: SIGNUPS WILL BE ON SUNDAY, JULY 29th STARTING AT 6:00PM EDT. FIRST 64 POSTS ARE IN - IF YOUR POST IS DELETED, IT MEANS YOU ARE NOT JOINING THE TOURNAMENT. IF YOU KNOW YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE IT THEN BUT DESPERATELY WANT TO JOIN , PM ME.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
well, im not down with dp yet, but i could be a staff member. but, wouldn't dpbot be better or no? i thought i heard shoddybattle was missing a lot of stuff.

alex

the best stuff on earth
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
well, im not down with dp yet, but i could be a staff member. but, wouldn't dpbot be better or no? i thought i heard shoddybattle was missing a lot of stuff.
No, DPBot would not be better (it doesn't even have items...), and no, Shoddybattle is not missing anything worth mention or use. By the time this tournament starts, it's quite likely that it will be 100% complete in terms of moves/traits/learnsets/items/etc.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
what about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachi

And yeah GP, the bot is missing items among the most important omissions. Shoddy has everything important implemented, the problem with it is mostly connection issues. And that weird superdamage bug that keep resurfacing occasionally, for some reason...

I'd be VERY interested in this kind of tourney.

I'm going to as the same thing Mekkah asked, is scouting allowed(I personally don't do it, but you know..)

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I'd be interested in trying it out. I could use some experience using more than one team!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It's fixed.
Shut up you negro, it's resurfaced more than once before which is why I mentioned it.

also what about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachiwhat about jirachi

alex

the best stuff on earth
Shut up you negro, it's resurfaced more than once before which is why I mentioned it.
It was never completely fixed, only temporarily. Now it's fixed. Like I said. Dork.

Also, don't scout. That should be a given.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
Hey, I'm game for this.

The only problem I can foresee are those random disconnects.

I'd play some pokemons I guess but I predict about 25% of the matches having to be decided by judges due to DCes and server crashes and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)