Shoddy on mobile devices!! (Guide)

[big]WiFi & 3G[/big]

Wi-Fi Way

Introduction:

Over my time here, I have seen many users ask how to get shoddy battle on a mobile phone. Considering I have an iPhone, I took interest. This works for iPod Touch (1G - 3G) and iPhone (1G - 3G+S). I did not do anything else because I don't own a BlackBerry, or whatever. Post any comments, questions or problems here.

Requirements
*A PC running atleast Windows XP.
*Wi-Fi
*iPhone or iPod Touch
*Knowledge

Notice: You cannot do this in a 3G network, it must be in your own Wi-Fi. You are using a VNC Server to connect to your computer. Other words, your controlling your computer from your iPod or iPhone.

Instructions:
1. Download UltraVNC from here (www.uvnc.com)
2. Install it, set a password (reccomended)
3. On your iPhone or iPod, go to the App Store and install 'VNC Lite' by Mocha.
4. Open command prompt on your computer.
5. Type 'ipconfig'. There should be a number under IP Address that is like 192.168.x.x.
6. On your iPhone, open your App and set the information like this
*VNC Server IP Address: *IP you got from ipconfig*
*VNC Server Port: 5900, unless changed
*VNC Password: *Whatever you typed during setup.
*Name: Whatever you want

Make sure all is disabled but 'Mouse with offset'

7. Once that is complete, hit connect in the corner. You will see your screen. This is also good for anything else you do on your computer, e.g. Word, Safari, iLife, etc.

3G Way

Introduction: This is how to connect shoddybattle on your 3G iPhone, or iPad, or even other computers!

Requirements:

1 iPad or iPhone3G Accessibility on the device

Instructions:
#1 - http://www.TeamViewer.com. Install that for whatever operating system you use.
#2 - Open the app store on your iPhone, or iPad. Install an app called TeamViewer. You can also use the TeamViewer Pro app.
#3 - Get the username & password from your computer and put them into your iPhone's Teamviewer.
#4 - Hit connect, you can go anywhere in 3G/Wi-Fi land and play shoddy!(or anything computer for that matter)
Post comments, questions, or anything else below.

All credit to Duck92.

Edit: May 7th, 2010: I have a new idea. Install Sun VirtualBox, and connect it to your network. You can use this as a game-slave, without messing with your real comp. It may be slower though.

Edit: May 14th, 2010: I've added a 3G way. I'm going to bump this topic to surface it again, and let everyone know of the 3G way.

@ toshimelonhead - If you make a virtual machine, in sun virtual box, and connect it to your wifi, and keep virtualbox running, then you have your own little ipod/iphone slave machine thing. And if you connect it to the original computer, it will display whatever is on the computer screen.

@ Yondie - It might be possible, it something like TeamViewer made an app, then you could view your desktop from phone. But it'd be really slow, and blurry due to 3G speed. Also, you'd need a local network with your computer. It might work if your computer was on 3G though, and you'd need access to the router panel (w/e).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)