Shoddy battle, the cell phone edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with cell phones becoming more and more like little computers, has there been any thought of adapting it to run on some of the newer phones? Preferably being able to access the same servers.

I would imagine it would be pretty capable. Although one might have to transfer built teams to it via a computer hookup.

It has been suggested before, mainly for the iPhone and iTouch, but the problem is Java. Shoddy Battle runs on Java, the iPod runs on (can't remember the name), which is completly different from Java. Colin and bearzly wouldn't be willing to do this, but if you learn't the Shoddy Battle Code and the iPod code, you could create a Shoddy Battle app (it's open source software, so you can view the code)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A lot of cell phones are Java-capable, so it's not as difficult as some might think. You'd have to write a new interface, definitely. But I have no idea what other pitfalls there might exist in in converting a PC-capable Java app to a cellphone-capable Java app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)