Shoddy Battle 2 (the future of Shoddy Battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Higher than 6 Pokemon on your team is going to make "prize cards" or something to save time. God, I imagine it would look like the trading card game after a while. 15v15 Random Battle, anyone?

I just thought of a suggestion. I apologize if this has already been suggested but I'd like for something to be added when you right click a player's name. A "Watch Battle" feature available when you right click someone's name. If they aren't battling, you get a message stating that. If they are, it takes you to their battle.

Apologies if these questions have already been asked;

1) I understand that SB2 supports 2v2. However, is this limited to just 6v6 battles, or do will it also have an option to use VGS rules, and 4v4 rules (Both opponents see each others team, and then choose 4 out of their 6 Pokemon to battle)?

2) If it does support the VGS style, will there be a ladder system for it?

Apologies if these questions have already been asked;

1) I understand that SB2 supports 2v2. However, is this limited to just 6v6 battles, or do will it also have an option to use VGS rules, and 4v4 rules (Both opponents see each others team, and then choose 4 out of their 6 Pokemon to battle)?
that's not vgc style

that's not vgc style
Oh, I mean two seperate styles of play here. In VGS rules, players can only choose the same 4 Pokemon. However, another popular way to play is for both players to have a team of 6, observe each others team (Pokemon only, movesets, items etc remain hidden), and then pick 4 Pokemon for battle. Those who play PBR should be familiar with this style.

Has it been decided if sprites will still be downloaded on-demand, or will there be a downloadable archive this time? Will there be mirrors other than the Shoddy website? (I imagine it's not really necessary, just curious)

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Any server can have any kind of ladder. It's a server setting, not something that requires additional code in the software to add.

One more thing I'd like to suggest (probably more in the future...lol). I'd like the ratings system to have both a conservative rating estimate (like it currently does) and a win/loss record as well. The rating is all good and fine, but a win/loss record in addition would be great. Then we could see what percentage of battles we are winning. It's just a novelty, but I'd still like it.

I'm sorry if this question isn't of your concern, but can you please put a Stadium mode for Double Battles? I read the thread, and I believe no one has mentioned this.

Stadium as in, you pick 4 Pokémon, and your opponent sees your 6 Pokémon; same applies to you.

If it is at all possible, I would like to see the "Box" function extended.

Specifically, I would like to see "Export to File" and "Import to File" buttons, which can Export a specified Box/Pokemon into a file which can be given to someone else to import onto their team.

This would also allow Smogon to create Boxes for Pokemon on the site, with user help. Potentially these could be integrated into the Smogon Analysis pages (so next to a set there would be the option to download the Box import file for that set so you could put it right on your team), but failing that there could easily be a forum location.

This isn't 100% necessary, as creating a Pokemon does not take all that long, but it would certainly help newer players who have trouble navigating Shoddy's team builder, and it could make team building very quick and painless.

I am sorry if this has already been said, but I feel that this must be addressed. When creating a team, I believe that the team should be saved to ones profile. This means, that if you leave your computer and go onto another person's computer, you can still access all the teams that you have created. Sorry if this has already been said, and I truly look forward to Shoddy Battle 2

when someone else challenges me with some shitty clauses, it will be saved on me and the next time i challenge someone, i will have those shitty clauses, make it so we keep ours

Is there any way that when making a team, you can put the pokemon in alphabetical order instead of their order in the pokedex? I know in Shoddy Battle 1, I can spend 5 mins searching for a single pokemon, but in alphabetical order, it would be unbelievably easy.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is there any way that when making a team, you can put the pokemon in alphabetical order instead of their order in the pokedex? I know in Shoddy Battle 1, I can spend 5 mins searching for a single pokemon, but in alphabetical order, it would be unbelievably easy.
When you click the drop down tab that displays the Pokemon you should be able to type the Pokemon's name and it will appear. At least, that's the case for me. Hopefully this should help a bit for now.

This looks great! I was just wondering if the sprites will ever be upgraded to Platinum sprites, because I feel they're an improvement over a lot of bad D/P ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)