Shoddy Battle 2 screenshots (client preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for it being released. The only think I don't like is that your health is given in HP and the enemy's one is given in %, but the rest is all better IMO.

Here is a screenshot that I took with Windows 7. Nothing too shocking.

I'm not sure how stacking the health bars vertically helps with anything. The only way you could think of it is right bar for right pokemon and left bar for left pokemon, which is correct. I tried it out like that but it just looked poor and didn't magically add any clarity.
Wow, thanks for taking my suggestions into account, looks great (though of course I would say that)

Also agreeing that vertical health bars wouldn't really contribute anything to the program, in fact, it seems ugly whenever I try to picture it =/

If I can think of any way to better the appearance of the program, you can be sure I'll submit it

Oh, the only other thing I can think of at the moment would be for the tab in the start bar to flash when a new turn in done like AIM and other things do. On Macs, I believe a little icons pops out of the program in the bar at the bottom.

Or just a noise when the turn is completed.

Hmm, I was wondering if it would be possible to color code the moves as well. That way, a fire type move would be colored red, yellow for electric, white for normal. It doesnt have to be dark, maybe a light hint of it or something? Possibly something like Ground in this?

Can't wait for it being released. The only think I don't like is that your health is given in HP and the enemy's one is given in %, but the rest is all better IMO.
Thats probably to avoid giving free information, for example, if you see a Gyarados with 394 HP, then you already know he has 252 EVs in HP, which leads you to think he is a BulkyDos or a RestTalk varian)

Good point, Gir! However, since they are graphically shown, I think it is easier for you to figure out the percentage yourself. (Thus, I do not care for the percentages that much!)

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Instead of showing stuff like 70/364 HP damage, perhaps it would be easier to read something like 70 HP (19%) damage

Thats probably to avoid giving free information, for example, if you see a Gyarados with 394 HP, then you already know he has 252 EVs in HP, which leads you to think he is a BulkyDos or a RestTalk varian)
From what I can see, it doesn't show your opponents actual HP, it shows their percentage.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I only have one issue here. The clock is at 20 minutes. I can imagine time stall noobs having fun with that

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I believe not even the 70 part should be shown, as it gives away info on the opponent's pokémon.
People are missing the idea here. With the default rules, you only see your opponents health as a fraction of 48. You CANNOT gain any information about exact HP lost. When it's your pokemon that is losing/gaining health, you do see the exact HP, since this is viewable on the cartridge.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I believe not even the 70 part should be shown, as it gives away info on the opponent's pokémon.
The 70 was for when your own HP is lost, as is the case in every screen shot (exact HP lost is for own Pokemon).

Hmm, I was wondering if it would be possible to color code the moves as well. That way, a fire type move would be colored red, yellow for electric, white for normal. It doesnt have to be dark, maybe a light hint of it or something? Possibly something like Ground in this?
Yeah, I like this idea. Also how giving the option to change the colour of the name. e.g the only way to change the name in SB1 is to put a ":'' at the end of the name which makes it bolded blue. Maybe the same feature applies but to make it a different color you put ":Red" etc. This isn't really important but it would be a cool feature.

Broken Crit System

Hey guys,

is the crit and hax system the same as shoddy battle 1? cause if it is it REALLY needs some work done to it.i think that everyone who has had 3 or more crits in a row would understand. thanks

The "hax system" used in Shoddy is the one used in the game its self. We're playing Pokemon, not something that vaguely resembles Pokemon, but has been edited to suit individual tastes.

3 crits in a row is just luck. It's going to happen on average, once every 4096 times you use three attacks.

Looks great but I have always found platinum sprites to be better than D/P, maybe adding platinum sprites over the old sprites would be something to consider?

Looks great but I have always found platinum sprites to be better than D/P, maybe adding platinum sprites over the old sprites would be something to consider?
Having started playing through Platinum, I have found the exact opposite. Here's hoping that there will be an option to toggle between the two if Platinum sprites are implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)