Shifting Momentum Through Time (Volt turn Rest in piece dear friends the finale)

What is time? Time is the fourth dimension yet it is only a perspective too. Time is many things the sun going down the moon rising up. Setting the kitchen timer for your microwave. Waiting for your time to die.
Time defines us it lives us and we live it. We die and time goes on, we live and time goes on. Time does not end with us nor does it begin with us it is just there and we make of it what we can. Yet we can control time Einsteins theory of relativity states that the faster you go the slower time is yet the slower you go the faster time. Yet though we can control time it will still pass and will stll go on no matter what for that is what time is. This team aims to slow time down by speeding up and gaining as much momentum as it can..... Tick tock.

Kurrisu (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

Ah mienshao one of the best offensive pivots in the game and a pokemon i wouldn't trade for the world.
Mienshao is usually my lead and beats all smeargle leads 100% of the time. Now i know what your thinking fake out that useless move well i say no it isn't. Fake out easily gets chip damage on the enemy and can often time stop a sweep cold also its so much fun to out prioritize talonflame. U-turn is there because its volt turn and because it gives me a lot of momentum does damage and heals me in the process and is a standard on mienshao. high jump kick is a VERY STRONG stab move often 1-2 hit koing most of the meta and a lot of the time things that resist it. stone edge is there for flying types that resist the other moves and trouble this team pretty heavily. The main strategy to this poke comes from an old bw uu volt turn Rmt that peaked #1 allot and it essentialy states almost always go for u-turn and never i repeat never spam fake out the first turn your in as it is way too predictable use it to break sashes and weaken things for a sweep late game only. Mienshao will often sweep teams more then any poke on the team.

Okabe (Landorus) (M) @ Life orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- U-turn

classic Lando-I before rock polish may be inferior to sweeper but it works fantasticaly. Lando is very suprisingly more powerful then i though and will often ko most of it's checks tryiing to switch in before they even know what happened. earth power is there for stab and the fact that sheer force boost's it so high that it can 2hko most of the meta with just even unboosted. This slot is currently my shakiest move but i decided to go with focus blast after a long time of thinking as i already check dragon's very hard and focus blast helps me to ko things such air baloon exca and deal heavy damage on Lando-I. psychic is there for mega venu who can wall this team pretty hard and also is boosted by sheer force making him an even more powerful attacker. Last but not least is u-turn which is of course for volt turn and momentum. The main strategy for using this guy is bringing him on something that would normally out speed and ko and hitting them hard with a super effective attack and of course just like mienshao spam the crap out of u-turn but unlike mienshao you really want to abuse your other moves as much as you can.

Marty (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mega manetric the great lord arceus's gift to volt turn and my mega.Mega manetric is along with lando-I my revenge killer because of his high speed and he is also my number one counter to talonflame avoiding the 2hko form brave bird and koing back or outspeeding and koing on the flare blitz. Mega manetric is the only volt switcher of the team because i dont wanna stack weaknesses and i hate being walled by ground types. Volt switch is obviously because of volt turn momentum yadda yadda yadda. Thunderbolt is there for a strong stab move for bulky water types and other things that give this team trouble and will damage most things very heavily. flamethrower is there for steel types such as ferrothorn and scizor that trouble this team and excadrills that like switching in and taking away volt switchs momentum. Last but not least is hp ice again because of its ability too allow me to revenge dragons which really threaten this team and also allows me to take out most ground types that are looking for a free switch in. Essentially how you wanna play manectric is save him if they have a talonfame on there team and if not then switch them in on any bulky water type or any flying type or steel type (minus excadrill) out speed and either volt switch or click the appropriate move for incoming switch.

Fry (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Ice Beam

After a long time of switching between pokes such as heatran (thanks Aj) and excadrill(thanks SS) i decided to go with air baloon empoleon as it can set up rocks defog and best of all quad resists ice. scald is the mandatory stab move for this poke and can get the nice burn every once in a while. stealth rock is there because it helps out so much and allows me to break sashes and multiscale while also helping deal with talonflame and co. ice beam is there to help with dragons as with empoleon's naturaly high special attack i can ko all dragons (garchomp if air baloon and dragonite if multiscale is gone) and helps me with the ground and grass types that hurt this team. You should play empoleon by usually switching into ground types or fire types threaten with your stab and then set up rocks or remove rocks from the field for the volcarona sweep.

Link (Genesect) @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

After much fighting it and trying not to use it i decided it was futile and thanks too Shurtugal i decided to use life orb genesect as a mixed attacker and secondary sweeper.
U-turn is there for reason's that should no longer need to be classified though it is stab and after a download boost extremely strong which makes him a great pivot. Hidden power ground is there to lure out him and volc's number one counter heatran and too hopefully with a download boost kill or weaken it enough that you can sweep later. Ice beam is there for dragons and flying types and allows him to threaten out and kill a lot of the threats in the meta. Extreemspeed possibly the second most important move on this set is great for revenging powerful threats such as talonflame and azumarill and allows me to stop set up sweeper's. The main way that you should play gene is one of two ways either spam the crap out of u-turn or try to lure in and kill heatran.

Hermione (Volcarona) @ Passho berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

So remember how i had a huge problem with stealth rock and my main sweeper being really weak to it well here is a 4x weakness to it... yea well screw you too. Volcarona is my main sweeper and boy does it define late game sweeping with rocks of the field and certain threats removed i can easily come in and set up and sweep (allot easier then d-nite anyways) also the only status she is afraid of is paralyzation which if you played correctly shuld not be a factor. Fiery dance is the stab move and provides this team with a much needed fire move (for genesect) and allows him to come in quiver dance and spam the crap out of it while boosting his special attack. quiver dance is there because its volcarona and because it may just be the best boosting move ever it allows volc to come in on a lot of threats including special attacker's and set up in there face. bug buzz is the secondary stab move and allows me to hit dark and psychic types that hurt this team such as greninja and alakazam and is his most powerful attack. giga drain is there for recovery because i run LO and to hit the many bulky water types of the tier hard. You should play volc by weakening the opponents team getting rocks of the field and then switching into something you can boost off of such as bulky grass types or genesect.

Importable
Kurrisu (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

Okabe (Landorus) (M) @ Life orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- U-turn

Marty (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fry (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Ice Beam

Link (Genesect) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Hermione (Volcarona) @ Passho berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
Threat list
coming soon
Replays
coming soon
Mamoswine
MAmoswine single handley wrecks this team. with eq he can destroy my best ice resist if air baloon is gone and with ice shard he can severly damage the rest of my team come in and wreack havoc immediately and if empoleon is damaged/air baloon pooped and mienshao is down it's gg. When there is a momaswine on the other team you should try to lure it in and hit it with focus blast from lando-t anf if it misses switch into empoleon then try and tank a eq and hit back with scald. If all else fails sack something and bring in mienshao who will out speed and ko with high jump kick.

Greninja
greninja is a pokemon i often called overrated yet it kicks this teams ass. While more manageable then mamo greninja can still deal heavy damage outspeeding my entire team bar mega manectric and lando and deal heavy damage with ice beam+surf. The best way to handle greninja is empoleon who can tank hit for days and do decent damage back with scald. Also t while volc can take one surf due to passho berry and sweep.

Talonflame
Talonflame one of the only things i ever refuse to use and the best revenge killer in the game can dent this team pretty heavily. the best strategy for talonflame is to set up rocks and failing that get mega manectric in intimidate take a hit and ko back empoleon also works well scaring it away while resisting brave bird and setting up rocks and you can revenge it if need be with genesect's extreemspeed.

Garchomp
garchomp can deal pretty heavy damage to this team if it manages to set up with just its two stabs alone. The best strategy for garchomp is to bring in mienshao fake out then high jump kick and if it is the scarf variant bring in empoleon and ko with eq also mega manetric can counter unboosted variant's with hp ice and intimidate and can revenge if neccesary.

breloom
with spore it is pretty threatening and with swords dance it can sweep late game. usually if you see a breloom on the opposing team save Lando who can outspeed and ko with psychic or lure it in with empoleon and hit hard with ice beam.

Mega venusaur
mega venusaur does not really trouble this team all but is a relevant threat in the meta so i am putting it here. essentially to counter it all you need are lando who can 2hko phys defense and 3hko special dfensive variants with psychic.

Mega Lucario
Mega lucario can be really threatening to this team like mist teams if it sets up.
The easiest way to take down mega lucario is with mienshao before mega evolving and if that does not work Lando outspeeds and ko's him with earth power.

Mega charizard y
mega charizard y is without a doubt the hardest lead to beat in the meta right now... that being said i usually have little trouble with it. My strategy with mega zard y is to fake out with mienshao to make sure it's not zard x and then outspeed and ko with stone edge.

Mega zard x
Look at previious zard y statement.

Slowbro
Slowbro is a fantastic wall that gives teams trouble this one included especially if it is the Av variant. The best strategy for taking down slowbro is to u-turn into mega manectric or genesect who can deal alot of damage and chip away at its health essentially crippling it for the rest of the match and eventually killing it.

Mandibuzz
is one pokemon that i have been having serious problems with as it walla a whole bunch of my team and cripples them with knock off. Luckily mienshao is a huge lure and can deal about 48% to most mandibuzzes weakening it for m-manectric. To play around mandibuzz you usually want to bring in mienshao lure it in then u-turn out into m-manectric.

Rotom-w
Rotom-w can give this team trouble like most teams as i dont have leric and am rather weak to ground. The best way to defeat it is to really just get rocks up and slowly chip away at it's health as this thing is a monster also to lure it in to empoleon and switch to reg manectric for the lightningrod boost.

Rotom-h
Lie its brethren it can also be troubling less then rotom-w but still troubling as taking stab overheats suck. Rocks are this things worst nightmare and empoleon an do decently though it does not like taking a volt switch.

Chansey/Blissey
I grouped them together because they basially do the same thing and you use the same strategies. The best way to take them out is to slowly wear them down via luring with mega manectric and mienshao till they eventually die and too keep offensive pressure on them so they cant wish.

Lando-T
This guys is a annoying bastard and can get rocks up the scarf variants are easier to deal with but still it sucks. The best way to take out lando-t is with smart prediction by luring it in via empoleon or mega manectric and smashing it hard with a quad effective ice move.

Gliscor
Just look at Lando-T but even more annoying.

Aeigslash
Aeigslash is a huge threat to all teams and is a dick to take out unless swords dance variant. The best way to play around aeigslash is to lure it in with mienshao predict and u-turn into either lando for the earth power.

Heatran
Heatran is by far the biggest threat to this being able to take an unboosted hp ground and uninvested scalds for days while setting up rocks phazing and walling half my team sucks. The bet way to deafeat this thing is play mind games with mienshao or slowly chip away at it's health with stelath rock/] and volt turn.

Will update with more later when i think of them
Shoutouts
Thank you too
Ajwf for heatran
ShootingStarmie for excadrill
Shurtugal for the gene set the passho on volc lefty's on empoleon and even giving a convincing arguement too Life orb lando over scarf.
Past members

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Heal Bell
- U-turn

Mew @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Synchronize
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Punch
- Roost
Rest in piece dear friends

Thank ou for taking the time to read this RMT pls rate review give suggestions as this is the single most fun team i have ever played with and the most i have ever worked on a team and remember.... Tick Tock.

Last edited:
The obvious issue is ice and rock... Ice goes through this team with 4 weaknesses and only one resist. Rock has two weaknesses and only one resist. Seeing as Crowbat will probably be in over SR often, this is definitely an issue.

But specifically, this team struggles with Greninja and genesect. Both are incredibly fast and your scarfer cannot OHKO them (It might get Gren, but certainly can't switch in). Something to anchor your team defensively and allow it to not just get destroyed by Genesect's ice beam as you try to take momentum is very important.

I would suggest changing out celebi for rotom-h/Heatran or, if you need something dedicated to Rotom-H that won't get destroyed by ice beam, Gastrodon. I think Heatran would work the best, as it could also anchor you better for TF, who even Manectric-m handles for only a few switches. The added capacity to have rocks would also give you more damage to capitalize on your opponent's switches, and not just be the only one worried about entry hazards.

The obvious issue is ice and rock... Ice goes through this team with 4 weaknesses and only one resist. Rock has two weaknesses and only one resist. Seeing as Crowbat will probably be in over SR often, this is definitely an issue.

But specifically, this team struggles with Greninja and genesect. Both are incredibly fast and your scarfer cannot OHKO them (It might get Gren, but certainly can't switch in). Something to anchor your team defensively and allow it to not just get destroyed by Genesect's ice beam as you try to take momentum is very important.

I would suggest changing out celebi for rotom-h/Heatran or, if you need something dedicated to Rotom-H that won't get destroyed by ice beam, Gastrodon. I think Heatran would work the best, as it could also anchor you better for TF, who even Manectric-m handles for only a few switches. The added capacity to have rocks would also give you more damage to capitalize on your opponent's switches, and not just be the only one worried about entry hazards.
Thanks AJ for the heatran suggestion but it gave this team an unfortunate water weakness and ground weakness and while am usingit something else may need to go.

I steal your team! Jk but I think you should go Lando-T with scarf, as it hits quite hard and the surprise is still as big. It's base speed is 91 though which is 10 less than Incarnate forme so you lose to base 100 scarfers and Genesect...

BUT, you felt like Dnite doesn't do it's job well? Have you ever tried Shift Gear Genesect? Like, everyone expects you to U-Turn and yadda yadda but setting with shift gear with proper download boost is just mad.

Genesect @ Lum Berry
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Shift Gear
- X-Scissor
- Blaze Kick
- Iron Head

Remember to always run shiny Genesect, as if it's not shiny it CAN NOT HAVE Extremespeed, so your opponent can straight away rely on priority.

Your Team is Painfully Weak to Rock, Water and Ice. I know I way to fix up The water and ice weakness right away:

Lapras

Yes, you read that right, Lapras is 4x resistant to ice and IMMUNE to water. It can also check water types with freeze dry and is very bulky, I would strongly advise you use this set:

Lapras @ Weakness Policy/Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there.

So, judging from the title of this RMT + having a quick overlook of the team, it's obvious that it's Volt-turn team. It looks like you weaken Dragonite's checks with constant Volt-turning, aiming for a late game sweep with Dragonite, awesome. However, I feel you might be running inferior sets, and you're weak to a few certain threats, so hopefully I'll try my best to cover up those weaknesses.

1) Replace Heatran with Excadrill. I'm really not to sure what Heatran is doing for your team. You're running a physically defensive set which in my opinion is pretty weird. You say that it's for Talonflame, but you already have a solid check to Talonflame with Manectric, so I think Heatran's team slot could be better used by Excadrill. Excadrill still provides Stealth Rock for your team, but also provides Rapid Spin support, which is crucial for teams that are often switching (Volt turn teams). Excadrill still has similar synergy with Heatran, but you're just making yourself slightly weaker to Fire type attacks, which is where my next suggestion comes into place.

2) Replace Crobat with Manaphy. As the team stands, you're incredibly weak to Mamoswine. With correct prediction, nothing can switch in safely to it, and your only "check" is Mienshao. Since Excadrill is offering your team Rapid Spin support, Crobat's Defog isn't needed anymore, and is generally dead weight on the team. Manaphy offers great synergy for the team (taking on Fire types, having a decent Mamoswine switch in etc), and it breaks down Dragonite's checks really nciely (Skarmory, Heatran, Mamoswine etc).

3) Make Dragonite a more offensive set. Since this is generally an offensive team, I feel running Roost on Dragonite really slows down your momentum. I'd run the more offensive set, but this is only a minor suggestion.

Well, that's the best advice I can give you. I hope I gave you some in sight, and good luck with the team.

Thank you everyone for posting your sets I have tried and tested each and everyone and while every single one works well on this team its the fact that there is usually something better to run such as empoleon over lapras and manaphy/excadrill volcarona over d-nite and also empoleon over heatran for this team. The genesect set was the only one i had a problem with as it provided me with an un needed fire weakness and didn't sweep often. Also just a note i will be updating the threat list soon with the biggest threats in ou and also how you should play around them Thank you again for your help.

Edit: To the person who said use scarf Lando-t I tried that before Lando-I and while intimidate is nice its not as surprising as
lando-I and getting outsped by gene sucks.

Last edited:

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey there!

I'm kinda bummed (once again) at the lack of effort I've been seeing lately into the RMTs in the XY OU section.

I digress though, you don't want to hear me ridicule you, so I'll go ahead and go right into the rate.

Firstly, I must say: this team is a mess. Two scarers (while I am not denying that it can't work, because it can) it's just really horrible on Mew of all Pokemon to choose it on and it comes off as really redundant with a Meinshao (which outruns a lot in it's own right) while Volcarona can literally boost its speeds! It just seems like you are a REAL speed demon, and it looks like it eats up at the VoltTurn momentum you are trying to accomplish (e.g. being locked into certain attacks, etc.). Mew's also not that strong to being with, and the Scarf eats away it its overall strength too.

Besides the mess with the dual scarers, this teams also lacks a ton of firepower. Meinshao is the strongest Pokemon before a boost and it struggles with common stall cores like Venu + Clefable + Chansey + Quag + etc. Stall looks downright aggravating to face -- especially since there isn't anything you can do but try to set up with Volcarona (who gets forced out because of Heatran or gets stopped cold by TWave Chansey). For some other huge threats -- Mega Pinsir looks really hard to beat, especially considering your other scarfer (Landorus) has one of the worst moves it could be locked into (Earthquake). The team has virtually nothing against Talonflame too, as it clean OHKOs to 2HKOs everything but Manectric (who, in and of itself, struggles to switch into Flare Blitz and CB Brave Bird does quite a noticeable chunk, especially factoring in possible chip damage from sand or hazards). Assault Vest Conkeldurr could simply not care about anything this team has; in fact, it can tank Psychic from Mew with little to no problems (the worst you can do is give it your scarf, but at the cost of one of your pokemon?). Lastly, Scarf Garchomp does a pretty big number on most of your mons seeing as how you can't switch into it at all.

So for some fixes: that mew looks like such a momentum eater. I understand you want the VoltTurn, but I'm sure there are better Pokemon suited for the job. Like, why not use, like, Life Orb Genesect. I recommend trying out the Physical Mixed set, but with these moves: U-Turn / Extreme Speed / Ice Beam / Hidden Power [Ground]. Genesect can help lure out Heatran and KO it, while using its monstrous attack stat and versatile coverage moves to help whittle down stall teams. It's Extreme Speed priority help keep Pinsir and Talonflame in check, especially if you can manage to maintain SR on your field.

That said, stall is still quite annoying to face: I must recommend trying Life Orb Landorus over your current Landorus. Meinshao and Manectric hit high speeds enough, especially with Genesect's priority to back it up. The immediate power is much better than the scarf. However, if you feel you need speed, you may run Rock Polish on Landorus, although I heavily suggest running U-Turn as it is perfect for grabbing momentum.

For a few small fixes: try Leftovers & Toxic over Air Balloon & Ice Beam on Empoleon: Ice Beam is worthless and Balloon doesn't amount to much in the long run (I'd rather even Shuca Berry to Balloon). Volcarona doesn't really appreciate Leftovers as much anymore: using a Passho Berry, Lum Berry, or even a Life Orb would probably prove more fruitful (I recommend the Passho: makes Azumaril and Rotom-W free Quiver Dance's imo).

Looking below at the other rates, I'm fairly confused at what this team used to be / what it is now. Here is the team I saw when I came here to rate: LO Mienshao / Scarf Landorus-I / M-Manectric / Balloon 252 Def Empoleon / Scarf Mew / Lefties Volcarona.

Good Luck.

Hey there!

I'm kinda bummed (once again) at the lack of effort I've been seeing lately into the RMTs in the XY OU section.

I digress though, you don't want to hear me ridicule you, so I'll go ahead and go right into the rate.

Firstly, I must say: this team is a mess. Two scarers (while I am not denying that it can't work, because it can) it's just really horrible on Mew of all Pokemon to choose it on and it comes off as really redundant with a Meinshao (which outruns a lot in it's own right) while Volcarona can literally boost its speeds! It just seems like you are a REAL speed demon, and it looks like it eats up at the VoltTurn momentum you are trying to accomplish (e.g. being locked into certain attacks, etc.). Mew's also not that strong to being with, and the Scarf eats away it its overall strength too.

Besides the mess with the dual scarers, this teams also lacks a ton of firepower. Meinshao is the strongest Pokemon before a boost and it struggles with common stall cores like Venu + Clefable + Chansey + Quag + etc. Stall looks downright aggravating to face -- especially since there isn't anything you can do but try to set up with Volcarona (who gets forced out because of Heatran or gets stopped cold by TWave Chansey). For some other huge threats -- Mega Pinsir looks really hard to beat, especially considering your other scarfer (Landorus) has one of the worst moves it could be locked into (Earthquake). The team has virtually nothing against Talonflame too, as it clean OHKOs to 2HKOs everything but Manectric (who, in and of itself, struggles to switch into Flare Blitz and CB Brave Bird does quite a noticeable chunk, especially factoring in possible chip damage from sand or hazards). Assault Vest Conkeldurr could simply not care about anything this team has; in fact, it can tank Psychic from Mew with little to no problems (the worst you can do is give it your scarf, but at the cost of one of your pokemon?). Lastly, Scarf Garchomp does a pretty big number on most of your mons seeing as how you can't switch into it at all.

So for some fixes: that mew looks like such a momentum eater. I understand you want the VoltTurn, but I'm sure there are better Pokemon suited for the job. Like, why not use, like, Life Orb Genesect. I recommend trying out the Physical Mixed set, but with these moves: U-Turn / Extreme Speed / Ice Beam / Hidden Power [Ground]. Genesect can help lure out Heatran and KO it, while using its monstrous attack stat and versatile coverage moves to help whittle down stall teams. It's Extreme Speed priority help keep Pinsir and Talonflame in check, especially if you can manage to maintain SR on your field.

That said, stall is still quite annoying to face: I must recommend trying Life Orb Landorus over your current Landorus. Meinshao and Manectric hit high speeds enough, especially with Genesect's priority to back it up. The immediate power is much better than the scarf. However, if you feel you need speed, you may run Rock Polish on Landorus, although I heavily suggest running U-Turn as it is perfect for grabbing momentum.

For a few small fixes: try Leftovers & Toxic over Air Balloon & Ice Beam on Empoleon: Ice Beam is worthless and Balloon doesn't amount to much in the long run (I'd rather even Shuca Berry to Balloon). Volcarona doesn't really appreciate Leftovers as much anymore: using a Passho Berry, Lum Berry, or even a Life Orb would probably prove more fruitful (I recommend the Passho: makes Azumaril and Rotom-W free Quiver Dance's imo).

Looking below at the other rates, I'm fairly confused at what this team used to be / what it is now. Here is the team I saw when I came here to rate: LO Mienshao / Scarf Landorus-I / M-Manectric / Balloon 252 Def Empoleon / Scarf Mew / Lefties Volcarona.

Good Luck.
Thank you very much for your suggestions and i will try them out also please criticize the Rmt as much as you can be brutal as i want to make it as best as i can.

Also to everyone i will be adding a previous member's section/history of the team.

Edit: Also being able to outspeed char x at +1 with lando is nice though.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your help on this team but i think this is about as good as it will ever get i might tweak with some of the set's and definetly add some things to the threat list's but overall i think it is done and with genesect's inevitable ban coming up i don't think i will ever be able to make it any better. So once again thank you for helping make this team and in my opinion (probably cause i'm an un modest douche who is full of himself) think this may be one of if not the greatest volt turn team out there and definitely the best without the rotom-w lando-t genesect core and hope I inspired some of you to try out volt turn and some of the weird sets i have used/come up with on my own and too have especially use mienshao as she is a very good pokemon right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)