ORAS OU Shedinja only sucks a little bit!

vAp8Mxa.jpg

292M.gif
Charizard_XY.gif
Starmie_XY.gif
skarmory.gif
Landorus_Therian_Forme_XY.gif
Weavile_XY.gif

Shedinja isn't all that bad! With the right support it's the perfect win condition! The first time I saw shednja was when me and a friend where having a fun fight with really gimmicky teams. To my surprise, shedinja swept me. Of corse I wasn't the greatest player and I was using a joke team but It got me thinking. "What if I where to make a real team with shednja?" So I did! And it was HORRIBLE! However, I did decide to remake the team. And here it is! Not bad eh? Well heres the team.
NOTE: The banner is a hyperlink so if you click it, it should bring you to the team song.
292M.gif

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature

FireIC.gif
- Will-O-Wisp

GhostIC.gif
- Shadow Sneak

BugIC.gif
- X-Scissor

NormalIC.gif
- Baton Pass

Shedinja is my main! It's what I built my team (For the most part) it applies pressure on my opponent which can negatively effect their gameplay. Will-o-Whisp is great for stopping PP stallers if the game comes down to shedinja vs stall. Shadow sneak provides priority, which every team needs. Focus sash is to help combat pursuit users switching in on death. Baton pass is what makes this set so amazing. If I had to choose a single move for it I would choose baton pass. If I can predict a switch I can get a great match up! I could also switch into my next pokemon to get rid of sandstorm... And of corse, focus sash for pursuit and any unexpected hidden power fire's and such.

Charizard_XY.gif

Charizard (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
FireIC.gif
- Flamethrower

GrassIC.gif
- Solar Beam

FightingIC.gif
- Focus Blast

FlyingIC.gif
- Roost

When I made my first team I asked many people high on the ladder and they all told me to use mega diancie. I tried it out and it worked fine (I guess), but it was harder to build a team around. I used mega charizard Y in my second team because it clears out sand flawlessly. It may be a second pokemon ultra-weak to stealth rock, but I have alot of hazard control. I'm thinking about replacing focus blast with air slash, because rock types takes big damage from solar beam anyways and I don't use it much because I would hate to miss. Air slash covers mega venusaur far more effectively. However, dark types are still quite common in this meta and pursuit can kill shedinja without focus sash. Flamethrower does counter bisharp, though.

Starmie_XY.gif

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

NormalIC.gif
- Rapid Spin

WaterIC.gif
- Hydro Pump
IceIC.gif
- Ice Beam
PsychicIC.gif
- Psyshock
Ah starmie, my first hazard control and fire resist. It gets great coverage for my team (so far). My team is weak to toxic chansey and other shedinja beating special walls so psyshock outclasses psychic. Hydro pump could be traded for scald. Although my other 2 mons so far do have burn capabilities, I could use the extra accuracy. I also REALLY need rapid spin because of the duel weakness. My next pokemon has sturdy, which is broken by stealth rocks. As you can see, starmie is a large staple for my team so far.

skarmory.gif

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature

GroundIC.gif
- Spikes

FlyingIC.gif
- Roost
FlyingIC.gif
- Defog

SteelIC.gif
- Iron Head

I don't personally like skarmory, but I felt like I really needed it on my team. I do need defog because if starmie dies and rocks are up, i'm done for. I need iron head because its yet more rock coverage. I don't have brave bird, which is more of a reason to run air slash on charizard. I chose leftovers because of the sturdy, so if I switch into something that does increadibly low damage I can recover it automatically.

Landorus_Therian_Forme_XY.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
GroundIC.gif
- Earthquake

BugIC.gif
- U-turn

DarkIC.gif
- Knock Off

RockIC.gif
- Stealth Rock

Landorus is great for this team! It may be a 3rd flying type, but it has good defensive covorage. It's the first earthquake user on my team, which is basically a requirement for every team. It's the only pokemon on the team with knock off OR stealth rock. I'm running rocky helmet for physical hits and skarmory is already running leftovers. And finally, U-turn is helpful for my team so on switches I can switch into shedinja for evan more mind games! And switch out of sticky situations!

Weavile_XY.gif

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

DarkIC.gif
- Knock Off
DarkIC.gif
- Pursuit
IceIC.gif
- Ice Shard
IceIC.gif
- Icicle Crash
Introducing weavile, the incredible offensive filler! It gets pursuit, which is good for all the pivoting and mind games my team pulls off. And ice shard, which is just more priority and covorage. There isn't much more to say about this because as I said, it's just a filler. However, I can say i'm consitering low kick because of it's weakness to steel.

Well thanks for reading this small thread! You can use the team yourself here: http://pastebin.com/BNiaBMB0
NOTE FOR RATING: I dislike when I get ratings telling me to change members in my team because I feel like it changes the dynamic and way I use the team. However, I would be fine with a few changes but only if necisary.

Last edited:
Since you've helped me with my team I'd thought I'd return the favour xD my first surrgust that you should change starmie to a defensive set and make Skarm spdef
I recommend you change starmie to 240 speed 248 hp 16 spdef with the moves scald thunder bolt recover and rapid spin with leftovers and change skarmory 248 hp 252 spdef and 8 def same move set sorry I could'my do an importable it because I'm on my phone when writing this :)

Since you've helped me with my team I'd thought I'd return the favour xD my first surrgust that you should change starmie to a defensive set and make Skarm spdef
I recommend you change starmie to 240 speed 248 hp 16 spdef with the moves scald thunder bolt recover and rapid spin with leftovers and change skarmory 248 hp 252 spdef and 8 def same move set sorry I could'my do an importable it because I'm on my phone when writing this :)
Hey there! I'm glad you decided to help me out with the team, but can you give me a few reasons why you recommend these sets for my team? I'm pretty sure that's required if you wan't to do a rate. Thanks for the advise though.

Well that obviously wasnt my rate, but i guess kek123 recommended bulky Starmie since keeping rocks off the field obviously is a top-priority for your team, and since skarmory is a mediocre defogger, unable to do much to most rock setters and LO starmie is worn down easily, running bulky starmie allows you to ensure that hazards are removed more consistently. Also, Spdef Skarmory is the better Skarm set most of the time, since it still checks ground types like drill or Lando well enough, while also checking the various fairy types of the tier, Venusaur, and Latis better, since Physdef Skarm is 2hko'd by Moonblast into Hp fire from Diancie iirc, Latios also 2hko's physdef skarm with Hp fire and so on. This allows Skarmory to defog on a broader variety of Pokemon, which again leads to a much better control over opposing hazards that greatly hamper your team. You might also consider running SD Stallbreaker Gliscor with Rock Slide over Lando, since you kinda lack a reliable Stallbreaker and basically just lose to Bisharp and Talonflame.

edit: I'd also not recommend getting rid of Focus Blast, since it's needed to prevent Zard from being walled by TTar and Heatran.

Last edited:
My reason being is because your team can stack hazard so you don't won't take to defog all hazard away just because they set up rock so a more defensive starmie set means you can do more spins and recover up so you can spin and spin again in stead of defoging which removes your hazards as well . My reasoning for spdef Skarm Is because you already have a defensive lando and no spdef mins so do you really need another physically defensive mon. I also agree with every thing Cassa97 said they are also reasons

Well that obviously wasnt my rate, but i guess kek123 recommended bulky Starmie since keeping rocks off the field obviously is a top-priority for your team, and since skarmory is a mediocre defogger, unable to do much to most rock setters and LO starmie is worn down easily, running bulky starmie allows you to ensure that hazards are removed more consistently. Also, Spdef Skarmory is the better Skarm set most of the time, since it still checks ground types like drill or Lando well enough, while also checking the various fairy types of the tier, Venusaur, and Latis better, since Physdef Skarm is 2hko'd by Moonblast into Hp fire from Diancie iirc, Latios also 2hko's physdef skarm with Hp fire and so on. This allows Skarmory to defog on a broader variety of Pokemon, which again leads to a much better control over opposing hazards that greatly hamper your team. You might also consider running SD Stallbreaker Gliscor with Rock Slide over Lando, since you kinda lack a reliable Stallbreaker and basically just lose to Bisharp and Talonflame.

edit: I'd also not recommend getting rid of Focus Blast, since it's needed to prevent Zard from being walled by TTar and Heatran.
Ah yes, heatran. Thanks for that advice! Hey I gave your team a rate! :D
I'm so glad you guys are returning the favors!

View attachment 58931 View attachment 58932 View attachment 58933 View attachment 58934 View attachment 58935 View attachment 58936
Shedinja isn't all that bad! With the right support it's the perfect win condition! The first time I saw shednja was when me and a friend where having a fun fight with really gimmicky teams. To my surprise, shedinja swept me. Of corse I wasn't the greatest player and I was using a joke team but It got me thinking. "What if I where to make a real team with shednja?" So I did! And it was HORRIBLE! However, I did decide to remake the team. And here it is! Not bad eh? Well heres the team.
NOTE: The banner is a hyperlink so if you click it, it should bring you to the team song.
View attachment 58931
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature

View attachment 58937 - Will-O-Wisp
View attachment 58938 - Shadow Sneak
View attachment 58939 - X-Scissor

View attachment 58940 - Baton Pass

Shedinja is my main! It's what I built my team (For the most part) it applies pressure on my opponent which can negatively effect their gameplay. Will-o-Whisp is great for stopping PP stallers if the game comes down to shedinja vs stall. Shadow sneak provides priority, which every team needs. Focus sash is to help combat pursuit users switching in on death. Baton pass is what makes this set so amazing. If I had to choose a single move for it I would choose baton pass. If I can predict a switch I can get a great match up! I could also switch into my next pokemon to get rid of sandstorm... And of corse, focus sash for pursuit and any unexpected hidden power fire's and such.

View attachment 58932

Charizard (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
View attachment 58937 - Flamethrower

View attachment 58941 - Solar Beam
View attachment 58942 - Focus Blast
View attachment 58943 - Roost
When I made my first team I asked many people high on the ladder and they all told me to use mega diancie. I tried it out and it worked fine (I guess), but it was harder to build a team around. I used mega charizard Y in my second team because it clears out sand flawlessly. It may be a second pokemon ultra-weak to stealth rock, but I have alot of hazard control. I'm thinking about replacing focus blast with air slash, because rock types takes big damage from solar beam anyways and I don't use it much because I would hate to miss. Air slash covers mega venusaur far more effectively. However, dark types are still quite common in this meta and pursuit can kill shedinja without focus sash. Flamethrower does counter bisharp, though.

View attachment 58933

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

View attachment 58940 - Rapid Spin
View attachment 58944 - Hydro Pump
View attachment 58945 - Ice Beam
View attachment 58946 - Psyshock
Ah starmie, my first hazard control and fire resist. It gets great coverage for my team (so far). My team is weak to toxic chansey and other shedinja beating special walls so psyshock outclasses psychic. Hydro pump could be traded for scald. Although my other 2 mons so far do have burn capabilities, I could use the extra accuracy. I also REALLY need rapid spin because of the duel weakness. My next pokemon has sturdy, which is broken by stealth rocks. As you can see, starmie is a large staple for my team so far.

View attachment 58934
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature

View attachment 58956 - Spikes
View attachment 58943 - Roost
View attachment 58943 - Defog

View attachment 58957 - Iron Head
I don't personally like skarmory, but I felt like I really needed it on my team. I do need defog because if starmie dies and rocks are up, i'm done for. I need iron head because its yet more rock coverage. I don't have brave bird, which is more of a reason to run air slash on charizard. I chose leftovers because of the sturdy, so if I switch into something that does increadibly low damage I can recover it automatically.

View attachment 58935
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
View attachment 58956 - Earthquake

View attachment 58939 - U-turn
View attachment 58958 - Knock Off
View attachment 58959 - Stealth Rock
Landorus is great for this team! It may be a 3rd flying type, but it has good defensive covorage. It's the first earthquake user on my team, which is basically a requirement for every team. It's the only pokemon on the team with knock off OR stealth rock. I'm running rocky helmet for physical hits and skarmory is already running leftovers. And finally, U-turn is helpful for my team so on switches I can switch into shedinja for evan more mind games! And switch out of sticky situations!

View attachment 58936
Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

View attachment 58958 - Knock Off
View attachment 58958 - Pursuit
View attachment 58945 - Ice Shard
View attachment 58945 - Icicle Crash
Introducing weavile, the incredible offensive filler! It gets pursuit, which is good for all the pivoting and mind games my team pulls off. And ice shard, which is just more priority and covorage. There isn't much more to say about this because as I said, it's just a filler. However, I can say i'm consitering low kick because of it's weakness to steel.

Well thanks for reading this small thread! You can use the team yourself here: http://pastebin.com/BNiaBMB0
NOTE FOR RATING: I dislike when I get ratings telling me to change members in my team because I feel like it changes the dynamic and way I use the team. However, I would be fine with a few changes but only if necisary.
Cool concept! I love the Shedninja love! However, in my opinion, Starmie as a spinner is not needed if you already have Skarmory. I'd replace it with Manaphy.

Please don't consider Air Slash on Charizard-Y. It's simply an awful move. It barely outdamages sun-boosted Flamethrower even when super effective, and is even weaker than Fire Blast (which you should be using instead of Flamethrower especially with that Timid nature). Focus Blast is absolutely necessary for Heatran and Tyranitar unless you're using a trapper to eliminate them.

Since hazard control is so important I would recommend bulky Starmie for more longevity, or at least Leftovers/Recover. Low Kick > Pursuit on Weavile since you're extremely weak to Ferrothorn after Charizard is out of the picture. Your team doesn't really benefit from Pursuit trapping at first glance.

Defog + Spikes on Skarmory doesn't make any sense. Take away Spikes for Whirlwind, Counter or Taunt. Even 2 attacks is better.

Personally Leftovers > Rocky Helmet on Landorus because it's too easily worn down otherwise. 'Skarmory already holds leftovers' is no excuse, there's no item clause. Even with item clause just swap the items, Skarmory does far better without leftovers because it has reliable recovery.

Also just a vague thing but you really have no good switch-in to Dark/Ghost attacks (which you will need because they force Shedinja out), you said you don't want to change the team but that seems a rather obvious weakness. Ok Skarmory/Landorus/Charizard can take a weak Knock Off but anything stronger than that will give you trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)