Shedinja and Pelipper stall (peaked at 1760 top 339)

Paste link: https://pokepast.es/88ca3479da06db1d

Good day gentleman. Lately I have been feeling that I should build stall since everyone keeps on saying how its mediocre this gen and so I tried seeking a stall that can somewhat fight most mons in OU

Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Poltergeist
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor

Let us start with Shedinja. I believe that no stall should have no Shedinja as it covers quite a lot of wall breakers that I don't like destroying my team. Particularly WaterShifu, Arctozolt, Lele, Kyurem, FutureSight+Breaker combo, Melmetal Koko, non Crunch Barraskewda and non Knock off fini. I also just like the concept of a mon absolutely blanking mons ~~and have been pissed at every Shedinja I have fought against~~ and that's why I have this mon

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy

next I thought that I need to also blank the greater special metagame and Blissey is a no-brainer. Aromatherapy is there since for some reason there's way more status spam this gen than last. Might be just because of recency bias. Toxic is there for ghosts and for general useful utility and putting mons on a timer.

Toxapex
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Next, no stall shouldn't have the greatest stall mon ever, Toxapex. I had Toxic Spikes here over Toxic until I realized I kept on seeing way too many flying mons, steel mons, and boots and so I decided to ditch it for toxic. Scald over knock off since burns help in keeping physical offensive powerhouses in check. Recover is standard and Haze for Sweepers thinking they can just set-up. No item Pex to help fight against the Knock off spam that I loathe and haze away their boosts

Pelipper @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

The more interesting pick of this stall team imo, Pelipper. Pelipper is here for a few things but the main one being changing the weather. Pelipper also just meshes really well with Shedinja. Unlike the other weather setters, or Sun, Rain mons don't really threaten my team but sun can decimate my team and so being able to change the weather when I like is quite nice. Pelipper is also here for Heatran as it doesnt worry about anything that Heatran throws at it and poison can be cured by Blissey.
Pelipper is also my ground immune mon and can fire off rain boosted scalds

Hippowdon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Next I needed a ground type just cuz every team needs to have a volt blocker and most volt switchers beat Shedinja. Hippowdon is also here just cuz reliable recovery is nice. It also helps keep Heatran and Electrics in check that just want to spam their moves.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Focus Blast

Last pick is Tangrowth. I don't like getting leech seeded, I hate boots, I hate Watershifu, I hate how bulky slow twins are, I hate a lot of Water types and Ground types that exist, so Tangrowth is here. It also helps that it has reduced fire damage under rain which means it can take on Garchomps with Fire fang with the help of Toxic and Giga Drain

Proof of Peak:

20211008_152358.jpg
20211008_152438.jpg

Replay that made me reach 1760:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1431355811-0qdfrghff7ujh1zodlb39m0q23rr367pw
(Quite helped that Blizzards missed. May Consider making Pelipper SpDef)

Some mons it can lose to:

Really any offensive powerhouse that can go to around 2.5x boosts

:Alolan-Ninetails:
Hail in general can give it trouble. But can play around with a lot of double switching

Good plays

Hax

Ferrothorn is an absolute pain to vs against.

Blaziken can give this team a run for its money in theory as STABs + Tpunch + SD goes hard. Play with caution

Metal birds

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)