At max stats...
Hp:334
Attack:339
Defence:179
SplAttack:289
SpDefence:179
Speed:289

Ability: Rough Skin
Rough Skin works like a super lousy Aftermath; almost anyhit will kill Sharpedo and they only get 1/16 if their health damaged compared to 1/4 damage dealt of Aftermath. Only works on Phy Attacks. Useless shit ability.

Not sure where this guy fits in but he sure looks good for UU and Standard gaming.
Wicked attack combined with Phy STAB and nice SpAtt and Speed makes him a Sweeper but the defence is shit

Attack (Worthwhile Attacks, STAB in bold)
Ice Fang
Aqua Jet
Crunch
Night Slash
Frustration
Thief
Poison Jab
Earthquake
Waterfall

SpAttack (Worthwhile Attacks, STAB in bold)
Hidden Power
Ice Beam
Brine
Dark Pulse
Surf

Support Moves
-Protect
-Captivate
-Attract
Well lets just forget about using Sharpedo for support. NO DEFENCE to waste a turn to setup.

From all the moves it has, you can see that its mainly a Phy sweeper. It doesnt even learn a single SpAtt. However Sharpedo does have enough SpAtt for a possible sweep if using ChoiceSpecs.
With its horrible Def and SpDef stats it seriously cannot risk support moves to setup. Getting hit before it hits the opponent usually means a OHKO. Taunting your opponent would be the stupidest thing to do O.O
Moves like Payback/Avalanche/SkullBash which requires getting hit first or a turn to set up dont work, you will die before you can even make the attack.

Sharpedo(Phy Sweeper)
@ChoiceBand/LifeOrb
Max Att, Max Speed
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-PoisonJab
-AquaJet

Works best with a Baton Passer passing Speed and maybe some Attack. Waterfall and Crunch for Physical STAB, Poison Jab to take out Grass Types and AquaJet to finish off faster weakened opponents. 339 Attack with ChoiceBand/LifeOrb should be enough to OHKO any UU-Standard Pokemon that doesnt resist it and doesnt pack Defence/HP EVs. Problems with speedy Lightning Pokemon though... Maybe swap Earthquake for Poison Jab though not needed if you're faster than the Lightning Type.
Its either kill your enemy with a single hit or your enemy kills you.

Sharpedo(Sp Sweeper)
@ChoiceSpecs
MaxSpAtt, MaxSpeed
-DarkPulse
-IceBeam
-Surf
-HiddenPower(Ground/ ??? )/Any other shit you want

Dark Pulse or Surf for main Stabbing Move. Ice Beam for Grass/Flying/Dragons. Though if you see dragons they usually outspeed you with DD meaning you're dead before you can IceBeam them. Hidden Power Ground for Lightning types. Its hidden power is quite limited as it can already hit quite alot of types for SE. Im quite confused over what to use as the last slot.

Sharpedo (Support???)
@FocusSash
MaxHp, MaxSpeed
-Captivate
-Attract
-Waterfall
-Screech/Crunch

Dont know why anyone would bother using this. Try geting a free switch on a Sp Sweeper, Attract and hope Attract works and start Captivating.
Screech 1-2 times hoping Attract works and STAB away with Waterfall. Focus Sash to give you one more turn to Attract and pray that its your lucky day. Dont bother using this, i came up with this just for fun.

On Pinch Berries: dont bother using Pinch Berries like Salacs and stuff... Anything that brings your life down to 1/4 will bring your life down to 0. Wasting an item space.

On Substitute: with its low defence, Substitute will break with a SINGLE attack. No point substituting, does not give you any cover to set up, unless maybe youre trying 101 sub to maybe activate a berry??????

The support set is horrible >_> . Also lol, good luck trying to make 101 subs with the max HP of 334

Honestly, Sharpedo has an awesome physical stab destroyed by it's average speed and lame-ass defenses. Choice Scarf could work but I'm afraid its Attacks wouldn't do much then. Aside from the obvius CB (/Scarf) set, a novelty one with thief could catch Skarmory off-guard.

But hey, at least you can KAMIKAZEE endrevers to death with Rough Skin!

its ablity triggers on any contact move...special or physcial...also its the the best counter to pokemon who rely on being at 1HP since if they attack sharkpedo has it endures they die while you can get a berry boost

Sharpedo in the early stages of the Battle tower has works very well...
Since Sharpedo is fairly fast, but can't take a hit anyway I like Life Orb...

Sharpedo@Life Orb
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Crunch/Night Slash
Nature: Jolly / Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4HP

Night Slash vs Crunch is a preference, probably Night Slash would be slightly better with this setup to try to score critical hits, since you probably won't survive a hit for crunch's potential defense drop to matter anyway. My experiences this works very well...

Sharpedo won't work with Baton Pass, believe me. I'd rather Baton Pass speed to a Metagross or Tyranitar (who can take some hits) than Baton Pass to something who'll get OHKO at the same turn maybe.

Sharpedo @ Choice Scarf:
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Waterfall
Crunch

Damages everything in the game. Ice Fang OHKOs Dragons 4x weak to Ice and Earthquake for electrics.

I don't see a reason to use Choice Band on him since he can hit Super Effective almost everything that wouldn't switch out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)