Metagame Sharing Is Caring

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader

(Fitting Anime Picture)
Sharing Is Caring
Sharing is Caring is a metagame where item effects are shared with the rest of the team.

Rules:
  1. Each Item held by a team member applies it's effect to the rest of the team (only once, multiple Leftover's don't stack)
  2. Item's restrictions and downsides apply as well, example, Eviolite would still only work on pre-evolutions, Choice'd items would restrict you to one move, etc...
  3. If the holder loses it's item or faints, the rest of the team loses it's effect
  4. Single use items work as is normal, aka only once for each pokemon but if the original user uses it then the rest of the team loses access to it
  5. There is no item restriction so multiples can be brought to counteract moves like Trick and Knock Off if you are willing to sacrifice the item slot.
  6. Gaining and regaining items applies their effects to the team, example, being tricked Sticky Barb, having harvest proc (this berry also acts as a new item meaning it can re-proc on others) (only the original user can utilize harvest / recycle effects as the other teams member merely gain the effect)
Clauses: Standard OMs, Sleep Moves Clause, Min Source Gen = 9

Bans : Arceus, Chien-Pao, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Chi-Yu, Darkrai, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Espathra, Eternatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Iron Bundle, Koraidon, Kyogre, Landorus-Incarnate, Magearna, Mewtwo, Miraidon, Palafin, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Rayquaza, Regieleki, Shaymin-Sky, Spectrier, Urshifu-Single-Strike, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta, Zamazenta-Crowned

Item Bans: Focus Sash, Focus Band, Choice Scarf, Brightpowder, Quick Claw, King's Rock, Razor Fang

Move Bans: Last Respects, Shed Tail, Baton Pass, Revival Blessing

Ability Bans: Moody, Arena Trap, Shadow Tag

Watchlist: Choice Band / Specs, Booster Energy

Example Team: (A)mpharos- Leftovers / (B)axcalibur- Choice Band / (C)inderace- Life Orb / (D)itto- Sitrus Berry / (E)evee- Expert Belt / (F)eraligatr- Heavy Duty Boots

(A)mpharos would have the following:
  1. Leftovers
  2. Choice Band
  3. Life Orb
  4. Sitrus Berry (single use for (A))
  5. Expert Belt
  6. Heavy Duty Boots
-If Knock Off was used, the entire team would lose Leftovers but (A) would still have access to 5 other virtual items from their team mates
-Gets a virtual unknockable Sitrus Berry that works independent of (D)'s Sitrus
-If (D) used their Sitrus the team would lose access to it unless Harvest or Recycle was used (Only the holder of the actual Berry can do this though)
-Item effects would occur based on team order (If (A) had Toxic Orb and (B) had Flame Orb, (C) would be afflicted with Toxic not Burn)

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/deAGJAR9

Council:

Last edited:
So I have decided to swipe the first comment for the fun of it.
:sv/gengar:
Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Cursed Body
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute
If Trick works the way I think it does, this could absolutely cripple a team that lets their lefties mon get vulnerable. (Probably is a bad set even if trick does interact with the gimmick in this way)

:sv/iron valiant:
Ever wanted your Booster Valiant to hold Life Orb? Now it can destroy the entire tier, especially with no Scarfs around!

More on booster energy, giving every paradox mon a one-time boost could make for some insane HO teams. Boots :iron moth: with LO and Booster Energy has to be at least decent.

TBH I'm not entirely sold on the benefits of choice band/ specs. Yes 50% boost to attacks is amazing but, that does not come without the cost of locking you into moves. This makes any remotely passive move useless, so to make teams with CB/Specs would be to make brain-dead unga bunga HO teams. I am much more in favor of Life Orb as an item, especially with leftovers recovering damage.

:sv/Kingambit:
Air Balloon + Life Orb + Black Glasses + Leftovers + Lifesized Chess Piece = Stupid
I still believe Kingambit should've been banned in SVOU and I am certainly not enthusiastic about this menace being in the tier.

:sv/great tusk:
Being able to abuse Knock Off and Booster Energy and the mere presence of the broken Chess Piece would easily make this top tier.
Additionally, other Pokemon with access to Knock Off like :Meowscarada:, :Samurott Hisui:, :Iron Valiant:, and :Cyclizar: will almost definitely see a spike in usage.

TLDR Cool Meta (Choice Items are overrated)

Last edited:

Glory

formerly TaxFraud
is a Pre-Contributor
This honestly looks like a ton of fun, I cannot wait for this to get coded so we can actually play it. Couple of things I want to discuss about this meta that appear interesting at least in theory.

Trick and Knock Off
With how heavily the meta will center around items, Trick and Knock Off are obviously major tools that can swing entire games. Anti-Trick techniques like Gholdengo, Gastrodon, your own Trick, and even Fling are going to be essential for any consistent team. I've been seeing some talk about using items like Lagging Tail or Flame Orb in an attempt to get an early Trick and cripple the entirety of your opponents team. I hate to disappoint but I highly doubt that these strategies will be good because of their reliance on getting said early Trick—which can easily be blocked by the excellent Gholdengo (nothing in SV gets both Trick/Switcheroo and Mold Breaker)—in order to function, backfiring majorly if you cannot successfully get the Trick.

:leftovers: :heavy-duty boots: by far the best two items in the game, Boots and Lefties are going to be nigh mandatory due to how powerful their effects are. Running them on pokemon that are less likely to take Knock Off is highly advised, as they are simply too crucial to lose.

:booster energy: running Booster Energy on a non-paradox mon can grant booster to multiple slots while only taking up a single item. As the only item that gives speed control due to Choice Scarf's ban, this interaction is likely to be a big part of the metagame

:razor claw: :scope lens: these two when run together gives a crit chance of 50% to your entire team. For obvious reasons this is likely to be unhealthy and warrant action.

:dread plate: :black glasses: being able to run both the normal type boosting item as well as the Plate for every type bar Normal and Fairy means that overload strategies are very likely to be viable, with a combined boost of 44% with absolutely no downside to speak of.

:colbur berry: :chople berry: :yache berry: running resist berries is an easy way to patch up weaknesses in a team, allowing more diverse team structures.

:sv/meowscarada:
One of two major mons with access to both Trick and Knock Off, Meowscarada is able to distinguish itself from Iron Valiant due to its superior speed tier—especially important in a metagame without Choice Scarf—and STAB on its Knock Off, as well as U-turn and Spikes. I think Meow is going to be the premier Band user in the metagame due to its phenomenal traits and ability to rid itself of its Choice lock. On more balanced stuff, Meow can run a potent pivot set that can pose a major threat, and also act as a Trick absorber due to being able to fit its own Trick in its moveset.

:meowscarada: :kingambit: :great tusk: :gholdengo: :slowking-galar: :moltres:
A team I made keeping the information I've gone over thus far in mind. Moltres, being the most likely to take a Knock Off, is given the most expendable item, while Kingambit and Meowscarada—far less likely to get Knocked—are holding the most valuable items. Meowscarada is running Trick almost entirely as insurance for opposing Trick, and Great Tusk's Colbur Berry is helpful for letting Gholdengo and Glowking take a Dark attack, but is also expendable as Tusk is likely to switch into plenty of opposing Knock Off. Dread Plate and Black Glasses allow Meowscarada and Kingambit to overwhelm the opponent's team with a sustained Dark-type assault.

Last edited:
I don't recommend using this, but with the right items (Choice Band + Life Orb + Flame Orb + Silk Scarf + Razor Claw + Scope Lens) Ursaluna can OHKO literally anything that isn't a ghost:
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Ursaluna Facade (168 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garganacl on a critical hit: 417-491 (103.2 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Now that I think of it, it can also OHKO anything that is a ghost:
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Ursaluna Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Palossand: 398-471 (106.4 - 125.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Remember that items stop affecting the team once the holder faints, and that this goes for both bad and good items.

One thing I'm realizing is that while Tricking the foe a harmful item may sound like a terrifying strategy, in practice the smart move for any player who has suffered this play might be to just sack whatever pokemon just got passed the bad item. So tricking the opponent a bad item may not necessarily cripple a whole team.

While you could argue that forcing a sack is still a win, if you use this strategy you need to build and play in such a way that your own team doesn't get crippled by whatever you're passing, at least until you've sent it off. Probably the easiest way to not be ruined by your own Flame Orb, Toxic Orb, Black Sludge, Sticky Barb, or Lagging Tail is to have your lead be the one to trick it away, so you can be rid of it and switch your other pokemon in safely.

Of course this will inevitably result in counter-leads that can prevent the Trick from happening (Taunt, Good as Gold, Sticky Hold, hyper offense lead that can OHKO common Trick mons), putting you short a mon or forcing you to switch out and take some damage/inconvenience from your own item. Or the opponent will just use a normal suicide lead that does not try to stop the Trick, but just absorbs it while it does its job setting Spikes, SR, Screens, or whatever, and then dies, making the item pass meaningless.

Another thing that might result is putting Roar/Whirlwind on leads--with negative item tricksters (NIT) using it to force the recipient out before it can be sacked, in order to shuffle the team around to spread the Flame Orb or Toxic Orb effect--or with anti-leads that are immune to the trick forcing the NIT out while still holding the bad item, making the Trick strategy backfire.

EDIT: I'm not seeing any Trick-immune pokemon with phazing moves that could act as such an anti-lead. Please post if anyone finds one.

In summary, I think this potential strategy may help establish a metagame with a strong lead component, but overall might actually end up being something of a gimmick that could even backfire. There probably are ways to make it work, like having a team with lots of Poison pokemon to benefit from Black Sludge until you trick it, or lots Guts pokemon to benefit from the Orb your passing, but these restrictions definitely constrain your teambuilding and advertise your strategy.

EDIT: Then again, there probably are some Stall strategies that could make it work. A Toxic Orb team could be filled with defensive Poisons and Steels (along with things like Gliscor, Clefable, and Reuniclus after DLC), biding their time until they successfully trick the opponent, and then being Stall, make it hard for the opponent to sack the recipient by not attacking and just using Roar, and maybe even packing Heal Bell Chansey to restore any comrades of the NIT who were affected.

Last edited:
Day 1 thoughts

:razor_fang: King's rock clone, may come in DLC1 along with Gliscor

:gastrodon::muk: The available pool of sticky hold mons is disappointing to say the least

:ursaluna::gliscor::conkeldurr: Guts/Poison Heal users significantly hinder teambuilding. :flame_orb: means your entire team has to consist pretty much entirely of Guts users, Fire types and pokemon like :Clefable::Dondozo::Milotic::Garganacl::jolteon: that are immune to burn and/or can benefit from it. :toxic_orb: faces the same problem, restricting you to Poison/Steel types and :Gliscor::Breloom::Garganacl::Clefable::Snorlax:, other picks would be negatively impacted by the Flame/Toxic orb

:eviolite: Lost a lot of good pokemon this gen, would've liked :porygon2::doublade::corsola-galar:, but alas it's pretty much limited to :chansey::bisharp::ursaring::duraludon::basculin::crocalor::scyther:. It's still worth noting that a lot of these pokemon can use eviolite much better than usual due to also having HDB

:gholdengo: Normally already great mon, being immune to the likely common trick/switcheroo elevates it even further

:assault_vest: Will either be really good or really bad

:leftovers::heavy_duty_boots: Probably gonna be on nearly every team

:zamazenta-crowned: Would force you to run a useless item, is that enough of a debuff to be freed? Probably not bc it gets to actually heal now with lefties and is a perfect trick/knock absorber

My first thought: Scared of the berries
Farigiraf @ Mind Plate
Ability: Armor Tail
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Tera Blast

Sprigatito @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Grass

Fuecoco @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fire

Quaxly @ Mirror Herb
Ability: Torrent
Tera Type: Water

Farigiraf @ Mind Plate
Ability: Armor Tail
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Tera Blast

Sprigatito @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Overgrow

Fuecoco @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Blaze

Quaxly @ Mirror Herb
Ability: Torrent
Ngl Focus Sash + Weakness Policy (Boots and Berries for support) does sounds kinda dumb. Being able to punish your opponent for attacking with a potentially devastating countersweep may not be very healthy

I was looking at some returning mons for the DLC and I noticed something that could be an interesting tech for this meta (You'll have to wait for Indigo Disk, though)

Golurk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Klutz
- Trick
- Filler x3

The set's sole purpose is to get Assault Vest onto the opponent's team, shutting down their ability to use status moves. It's kinda slow, so the gimmick will work a lot better if either Swoobat or Lopunny gets in

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
Cinderace @ Choice Band
Ability: Libero
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Gunk Shot

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Meowscarada @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Play Rough

Samurott-Hisui @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Sacred Sword
- Razor Shell

Kleavor @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Bug
Jolly Nature
- Stone Axe
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Night Slash

Cyclizar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor

click button, go ooga booga.

probably not very good but funny nonetheless
scarf is banned, also pease format the post so its not so long for just 6 sets and little explanation. thx in advance!

:ursaluna::gliscor::conkeldurr: Guts/Poison Heal users significantly hinder teambuilding. :flame_orb: means your entire team has to consist pretty much entirely of Guts users, Fire types and pokemon like :Clefable::Dondozo::Milotic::Garganacl::jolteon: that are immune to burn and/or can benefit from it. :toxic_orb: faces the same problem, restricting you to Poison/Steel types and :Gliscor::Breloom::Garganacl::Clefable::Snorlax:, other picks would be negatively impacted by the Flame/Toxic orb
actually, ursaluna, gliscor, and conkeldurr all get fling, so they can toss out their item after being affected by it. this requires you to either lead with them or lead with something that's immune to/benefits from poison or burn, but it's a lot less of a hindrance for the team overall. as a bonus, you get to poison or burn your opponent. it does leave you with a dead moveslot afterwards, but it's possible to overcome this

actually, ursaluna, gliscor, and conkeldurr all get fling, so they can toss out their item after being affected by it. this requires you to either lead with them or lead with something that's immune to/benefits from poison or burn, but it's a lot less of a hindrance for the team overall. as a bonus, you get to poison or burn your opponent. it does leave you with a dead moveslot afterwards, but it's possible to overcome this
You can also put the Flame/Toxic Orb on another mon that doesn't care about the status (Clefable, or a Poison/Steel/Fire type depending on the orb) and Trick it away after it activates on your Guts/Poison Heal user(s).

You can also put the Flame/Toxic Orb on another mon that doesn't care about the status (Clefable, or a Poison/Steel/Fire type depending on the orb) and Trick it away after it activates on your Guts/Poison Heal user(s).
ooh, klefki sounds like a good choice for toxic orb. immune to poison and has prankster switcheroo. also has magic room if you want to really spoil someone's carefully-built team for a couple turns in a way that can't be counteracted by good as gold or sticky hold

I think sun and rain get massive boosts here due to being able to stack life orb+plate+mystic water/charcoal. So I made what I'm guessing is a pretty bad rain team. https://pokepast.es/367ad3f51e44372d
Another good thing about HO teams is that they do not have to use an item slot of leftovers, instead getting another offensive boosting item.
Edit: added choice band to Urshifu as the special attackers have strong water moves and boost turns, but manaphy has tail glow still cause I'm too lazy to find a move to switch it out for.

So… Binding band and grip claw stack. This makes stuff like whirlpool alomamola in theory really funny. It now has access to heavy duty boots to switch into strong physical attackers, leftovers to heal, and if whirlpool hits you do over 1/3 of their hp with a protect(though there will prob be leftovers healing for 1/8th). 1/6th damage of 7 turns does not kill on its own with leftovers heals, but this could be a way to deal with more slower teams easily. I don’t think this is gonna be that good because of how much damage this tier can put out, just killing the trapper before it can do any real damage. And stuff like stacked healing and magic guard renders the chip useless.

If my active mon takes damage leaving it at 10% hp and there are 2 sitrus berries that it hasn't used on other mons on my team will it
A) use the first sitrus berry but not use the second sitrus berry (because the first is the only one that is being allowed to take effect from the 'no stacking' rule)
B) use the first sitrus berry this turn and the second sitrus berry (because the 'no stacking' rule updates to see it no longer has access to the first sitrus berry)
C) do something else

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
If my active mon takes damage leaving it at 10% hp and there are 2 sitrus berries that it hasn't used on other mons on my team will it
A) use the first sitrus berry but not use the second sitrus berry (because the first is the only one that is being allowed to take effect from the 'no stacking' rule)
B) use the first sitrus berry this turn and the second sitrus berry (because the 'no stacking' rule updates to see it no longer has access to the first sitrus berry)
C) do something else
First rule was: Each Item held by a team member applies it's effect to the rest of the team (only once, multiple Leftover's don't stack)

This includes berries, each item is shared with the rest of the team but multiples do not stack, multiplies in theory are for knock off proofing the team.

First rule was: Each Item held by a team member applies it's effect to the rest of the team (only once, multiple Leftover's don't stack)

This includes berries, each item is shared with the rest of the team but multiples do not stack, multiplies in theory are for knock off proofing the team.
So it's A then right? Because the used sitrus berry blocks the unused one. Presumably then if the used sitrus berry is taken out of play the next one will then be able to activate.

Even if you had multiple types of berries that activate at low hp then I’m pretty sure they would all just activate at once so stacking hp berries may not be worth it.
I strongly suspect that if you have multiple healing berries it will use them sequentially and thus not all at once (unless your hp remains in the berry's activation range the when each berry is considered). I imagine it will act like harvest but with many activations.

I don't know if this will be any good, but I'm thinking of taking advantage of locked moves:
:Zoroark-Hisui::Sableye::Klefki::Heatran::Gholdengo::Clodsire: (if you can't make use of multiple balloons, swap them for better items)
This could end up being a horrible team, however, I like the idea of using air balloon to give an extra immunity while providing immunity to spikes.
Zoroark is there to make sure that the opposing team locks into moves. Klefki is there to recycle a Balloon. Heatran has a bunch of immunities due to its steel typing and flash fire. Gholdengo has a bunch of immunities as well. Clodsire has two immunities to make use of. So, the idea is to avoid being hit as much as possible.

If the items don't all proc at once, I'm planning on giving multiple balloons.

Prankster + Disable seems funny.

I suppose there is still the issue where the opposing team just gives you a scarf. But at the very least Gholdengo is there.

Last edited:
I think sun and rain get massive boosts here due to being able to stack life orb+plate+mystic water/charcoal. So I made what I'm guessing is a pretty bad rain team. https://pokepast.es/367ad3f51e44372d
Another good thing about HO teams is that they do not have to use an item slot of leftovers, instead getting another offensive boosting item.
Edit: added choice band to Urshifu as the special attackers have strong water moves and boost turns, but manaphy has tail glow still cause I'm too lazy to find a move to switch it out for.
Choice Band =/= Tailglow

I strongly suspect that if you have multiple healing berries it will use them sequentially and thus not all at once (unless your hp remains in the berry's activation range the when each berry is considered). I imagine it will act like harvest but with many activations.
How would Berry order be decided though? Might just be random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)