September Tera Raid Event: Slither Wing and Iron Moth

IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_5541.jpeg

While these aren’t particularly hard raids (although imo Iron Moth is harder) nor do they drop anything that notable, this is a good opportunity for you to grab some of these paradox Pokémon with actually good IVs.

Here’s some supports I’ve been using online.

For Slither Wing

:arbok:
Arbok @ Wide Lens
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Screech
- Acid Spray

Intimidate immediately puts Slither Wing at -1 Attack, meaning it’ll never get an Attack boost from Protosynthesis turn 0. Rain Dance negates the sun for your Water-type teammates, and your choice of Screech and Acid Spray for further stat reduction. ezpz

For Iron Moth

:Cresselia:
Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Mist
- Light Screen
- Lunar Blessing
- Helping Hand

Mist is the golden move here because Iron Moth has Acid Spray. Mist blocks stat reduction for yourself and your teammates. Light Screen to weaken Special moves, Lunar Blessing is basically a weak Heal Cheer, and Helping Hand boosts a teammate’s damage output. 28 Speed puts Cress at 213 speed, faster than Timid Level 75 Iron Moth.

:Dragonite:
Dragonite @ Light Clay
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Mist
- Light Screen
- Helping Hand
- Leer / Ice Spinner

Dragonite is a good alternative if you don’t have Cresselia, and has the added benefit of either Leer to help increase physical partner’s damage, or Ice Spinner to remove Electric Terrain. speed EVs once again hit 213, everything else in bulk.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Moth was an easy solo with Covert Cloak Ceruledge. I will use Annihilape for Slither Wing co-op.

Iron Moth also literally cannot touch Heatran with anything but Energy Ball, and Acid Spray immunity by Type instead of Flash Fire means you're safe even on the Ability Wipe turn since no Debuffs to pile up.

Slither Wing meanwhile looks like a Slam Dunk for neutral Fire types like the mentioned Ceruledge, especially if First Impression only works first turn for the boss and thus it doesn't even have a Bug STAB

What's the best Tera for both? I have a Fire/Poison Tera (can't remember which) IM from the base game and got a Fighting Tera SW from the raids

What's the best Tera for both? I have a Fire/Poison Tera (can't remember which) IM from the base game and got a Fighting Tera SW from the raids
It's honestly impossible to say which Tera type for nearly any Pokemon is the best since each meta is so different and different situations call for different tera types.

Grass Iron Moth, which is the most common in this event, is one of its standard types in OU, giving it a ground resistance and STAB to Energy Ball to slam Water-types. Grass also has the benefit to make IM immune to Spore and Rage Powder in VGC. Ground or Water in OU are other options to get past opposing Fire-types like Heatran.

A STAB Tera type for SW (Bug or Fighting) is cool for offensive sets. Bug gives it a strong First Impression and U-turn, but makes it weak to SR, while Fighting makes Close Combat very powerful and gives it a SR resistance. Defensive sets like Water or Ghost.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I farmed SlitherWing with Belly Drum Azu but put Charm > Misty Terrain to make it impossible for online teammates to die.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Darn been pretty hectic irl - this is over now, right?

Can’t remember, for precedent, did they rerun the GT/IT event or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)