SS OU Sente a Pressão! / Standart FWG Core + Volt turn Balanced - PedroGreg TOP 8 SS OU Ladder PEAK

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
is a Top Tiering Contributor
036.png485.pngpokemon_urshifu_2_2x.png812.png645_f2.png250px-145Zapdos.png

Sente a Pressão!

TOP 8.png

Hello friends, i'm here again, this time i came back here very quickly
The team I'm going to bring to you today wasn't actually 100% my authorship, I had help from my friend Woopersons42 Moretto

Well, a brief explanation, this team started to be used from the 1650 ladder points and quickly reached the top 8, this time it didn't bring anything that is out of the SS OU metagame, it's a very standard team, but with things that I and my friend came to a consensus on what could be good.

Introduction

The team had as its initial purpose to be built using the Heatran+Clefable core, because despite being defensive, there is a phenomenal offensive pressure that comes with it (I'll explain the clefable set in the future.)

Heatran has the function of despite being a Pokémon used mostly defensively, it turns out to be a good wallbreaker, because of residual damage from Magma Storm+Taunt and Clefable ends up entering as a complement to Heatran to make this wall break even easier with the Trick+Stick Barb set, there are few effective responses for this combination, one way or another your opponent will end up having headaches with this core, either because they absorb too much damage or because they have the potential to break walls.
036.png485.png

Team development

Keeping in mind that we were building a balanced I think it's very important to cover possible weaknesses, for example, Clefable+Heatran although they can cover most of each other's weaknesses, they still have difficulties dealing with water and ground moves.
I confess that I was trying to work with this core for a long time, always putting a dragon to combine defensively, as it has this function of dealing with water and earth at the same time, but as I was building with a friend, that's when he suggested I go by another way, starting with Rillaboom, offering (not so reliably) ways to resist water and ground, and having to put pressure on these types.

For those who read my past RMT maybe this ends up getting a little repetitive, because only in this part we will have two equal Pokemons with the same function of complementing each other, but I guarantee, the course of the team will totally change the proposal to play

Well... sorry but i really love it, offensive pressure from Rillaboom + Grassy Surge + Leftovers recovery + Protect = 12% hp regen per turn on Heatran, two mons that go together really well. (At the end of the RMT I suggest another possibility to play with Heatran, disregarding these benefits in part)
812.png

The next Pokémon that joined the team was Urshifu, as we were asking who could deal with common threats from Rillaboom, considering that Heatran would be good but insufficient.
Urshifu with the help of CB has a destructive power, there are few things that can stop him, and for those that can usually Heatran has this function of arresting and defeating them, something that I find very interesting, he has access to aqua jet, which makes the team have two very strong priorities.

pokemon_urshifu_2_2x.png

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 220-259 (55 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 60+ Def Mandibuzz: 241-285 (56.9 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 168-198 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So far we have 2 CB users who hit very hard, a lot of offensive pressure that comes with a u-turn from both, and a Heatran. At this time the team, despite being balanced, was already under very strong offensive pressure, but despite having Clefable we were still having to deal with a serious problem, Dragon-type Pokémon.
It's common for teams that work with the core FWG (Fire/Water/grass) to end up not getting good responses vs Dragon, we were discussing about Dnite at that moment, which could be dangerous for the team regardless of the set, Defensive we wouldn't be able to defeat/Offensive if used at the right time a DD so far would mean game over.
and worse we didn't have any Defog users.
that's when we thought about Zapdos, initially a set that had Toxic/Discharge, it was here that after a series of tests I decided that although the proposal was good for the answer we would need against these specific mons, but this set would kill something very valuable that we can build, offensive pressure.
I then decided to put Hurricane/Volt Switch> Discharge/Toxic because with the previous set I felt that Zapdos was too passive, and the team lost all its dynamism, aggressiveness and speed, all in exchange for giving Toxic/Defog in specific situations.

250px-145Zapdos.png

To close the team in my head it was already quite clear the last mon that was left.
So o chose Scarf Landorus-T, basically it has everything I need, immunity to electric, Speed Control,(
especially to be a way to pass Dragapult) Ways to deal with Dnite if Intimidate is well used, and one more way to pivot anyway, Landorus-T in my opinion was the easiest choice of all, he talks very well with the rest of the team and acts as an indispensable complement to things that I consider basic and essential for every balanced team to have answers, (electrical immunity and speed control)

645_f2.png

Other options

This time I'll just suggest a change of set.
During this RMT I mentioned how dragon-type Pokémon can be dangerous for this team and in fact they are) so a suggestion is to put Toxic>Protect on Heatran, having a way to lure them, considering that the clefable will be weakened, it ends up being a possible game over as we won't have any more efficient response against them.
485.png
thank you very much to those who followed the team building process, feel free to comment on anything!

The Team
https://pokepast.es/a38db81da82d2b25

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)