Semi-Trick Room Bulky Offense Team

CHANGES MADE WITH UNDERLINES AND BOLDS SUCH AS THIS:
IE:
Hidden Power [Ground] Earthquake
Hi! My name is Solosislove on the Pokemon Showdown forums and I love UU and LC. I play both often and are really fun to me. Seeing that there are some broken pokemon in LC right now *Cough Cough* Meditite *Cough Cough* I wanted to try out X and Y UU! This team was a team that I made 2 months ago, and did some suspect testing on it. I AM going to use this in real life, so please do not recommend any Legendary Pokemon

Team Building Process

I started off with a pokemon that I wanted to use for a very long time. The Pory-Blade core. If you don't know what the Pory-Blade core is, it's a core that contains Eviolite Porygon and Doublade. I will explain more later.

I then decided that I would implement the hardest attacker in the tier of UU, Mega Ampharos.

Deciding that I need a Cleric and a Healer, I decided to add a Florges for the massive utility it brings. It was here that i realized that my team was extremely slow and decided to make it a trick room team

I noticed here. Im in need for a Physical Attacker. Sure, Doublade does his share, but he's not like his older brother Aegislash in OU. I then added an Assault Vest Gallade

I needed a Revenge Killer in this team, due to the fact that alot of the time, I can't get trick Room up all the time. So i added a Choice Specs Hydreigion, which later turned into a Choice Scarfed Hydreigion.

Sadly, this was the End of Gallade. Gallade was not puting alot of utility to this team, He left the team as a graduate and In came Choice Banded Darmanitan for the Mad Shofus damage.

Hydreigion was doing good at revenge Killing, but I had a major problem setting up Trick Room (And too many Dragons, Rule of thumb, 1 dragon per team) once Porygon2 is gone. Hydreigion left for a cool pokemon that deserves to be in OU. Solosis Reuniclus.

Teambuilding Aside, Heres the team!

Duck Tank(Porygon2)@Eviolite
Ability:Download
Nature:Quiet
Ev's: 252 SpD / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
-Trick Room
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Duck tank is a duck, good day to you all. Duck Tank is the first part of the Pory-Blade Defensive-Offensive Core. Porygon2 has fallen out of her queen chair due to having many Pokemon with Knock Off around. The premier users WERE Weavile and Bisharp, both of which were banned from UU a while ago so I feel relativity safe using him.

Aegislash(Doublade)@Eviolite
Ability:No Guard
Nature:Brave
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
-Swords Dance
-Gyro Ball (Does this damage decrease due to Trick Room, Someone please D:)
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doublade is the second part of the Pory-Blade combo. This set acts as a physical tank along with a hint of attack on it. This acts as a mini-Aegislash without king's shield, having a similar moveset. This Doublade has alot of attacking moves on it because 1. It's only recovery is Rest and has no good supporting moves and 2. I need physical attacks on my team, so this helps as well. Due to having many Pokemon with Knock Off around, I feel slightly insecure. The premier users WERE Weavile and Bisharp, both of which were banned from UU a while ago so I feel relativity safe using him.

(Mega)Ampharos@Ampharosite
Ability:Static >>> Mold Breaker(Mega Evo)
Ev's: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 SpD
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunderbolt (I've been considering Charge Beam, what do you guys think?)
-Focus Blast
-Volt Switch
Mega Ampharos is extremely slow, especially with a quiet nature. This means that Ampharos can outspeed almost anyone in Trick Room. This means that Ampharos usually has 3 turns to completely destroy pokemon with it's 165 base Special Attack (471 Special Attack at level 100 with 31 IV's, 252 SpA and Modest Nature.) Ampharos also got a defense and special defence boost when it Mega Evolves which fits into my Bulky Attacker theme. (Fun fact, Normal Ampharos got a 10 base Defense boost this gen) (Normal: 90/75/85/115/90/55 >>> Mega: 90/95/105/165 SPECIAL ATTACK/110/45) Mega Ampharos also loses Speed so Trick Room :D.

Trillium(
Florges)@Leftovers
Ability:Flower Veil
Nature: Relaxed
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-
Moonblast
-Wish
-
Aromatherapy
-Toxic
Florges is my very important Dragon type resist and my Cleric and my only Status afflictor. Florges is also a good defensive core with Doublade which helps my team overall. Ampharos gets Poisoned? Florges=Aromatherapy. Doublade or Ampharos get hurt? Wish it. Anyone posing a threat to the team? Poison dat guy. You get the point. I am NOT going to run protect on Florges. Florges is not supposed to stay in for long periods of time, it just needs to heal things and leave.

Donkey Kong(Darmanitan)@Choice Band
Ability:Sheer Force
Nature:Brave
Ev's: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
-
Flare Blitz
-Superpower
-U-Turn
-Rock Slide
With a Choice Band equipped, Darmanitan can run through offensive teams with its heightened Attack. Flare Blitz is incredibly powerful with a Sheer Force boost added to its already high Base Power and a Choice Band, and offensive teams often lack a good switch-in to it. U-turn allows Darmanitan to keep momentum on its side and does decent damage to Slowbro, who would otherwise be a great switch-in to Darmanitan. Rock Slide gets decent coverage beside Flare Blitz, hitting for super effective damage on both Fire-types that resist Flare Blitz and Flying-types without inflicting recoil damage. Earthquake gets even better coverage with Flare Blitz, as it hits both Rock-types and Fire-types that resist Darmanitan's Fire-type STAB for super effective damage. Superpower also hits Rock-types hard and comes with the benefit of breaking bulky Normal-types such as Snorlax and Porygon2.

Solosis(
Reuniclus)@Life Orb
Ability:Magic Guard
Ev's: 252 SpA / 192 HP / 64 Def
-
Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Trick Room
I use this set on Solosis Reuniclus so I can run Trick Room a lot easier for my pokemon. This is my most sceptical team member, however I love her but I don't know who I should/could replace her with. She is new to me, so Im not sure what I should do with her and I don't know how effective she is this generation in UU. I liked her a lot last generation so I'm planning keeping her here. Hidden Power [Fire] is my only fire move my whole team other then Darmanitan's recoil damage. Psyshock is for the quite common Chansey and Focus Miss Blast is for the very situational Dark types that come around. Dark types don't really come around now with Weavile and Bisharp banned.

Legend: EV=Eviolite 50% Boost.
Porygon2 : 85/80/90(EV)/105/95(EV)/60
Doublade : 59/110/150(EV)/45/49(EV)/35
Mega Ampharos : 90/95(+20)/105(+20)/165(+50)/110(+20)/45(-10)
Florges : 78/65/68/112/154/75
Darmanitan : 105/140/55/30/55/95
Renuiclus : 110/65/75/125/85/30

Trillium (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic

Amphy (Ampharos) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

Aegislash (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Duck Tank (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Donkey Kong (Darmanitan) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-Turn
- Rock Slide

Solosis (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick Room

Last edited:
Interesting team as far as trick room goes, so I'll give a rate.

First things first some calcs about your the ev's your running on Porygon2
0 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 67-81 (17.9 - 21.6%) -- possible 5HKO
0 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 54-64 (17.3 - 20.5%) -- possible 5HKO
The boost you get by fully investing Special Defense is insignificant compared to how much more bulky you'll be on the physical side with a max HP investment
0 Atk Mew Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 63-75 (16.8 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO
0 Atk Mew Zen Headbutt vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 63-75 (20.1 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
Therefore it is much better to go with a 252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 SpD spread on Porygon2.

Your team is very weak to Earthquake though so I would drop Mega-Ampharos for Eelektross this allows you to have a electric type without gaining a weaknesses. Eelektross with a life orb is only about 40 points weaker than Mega-Amph, and also has much, much better coverage. This is the set I personally use with some slashes.

Eelektross @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SAtk / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off / Superpower / Hidden Power Ice

But a physical attacking set or a mixed attacking set with no HP investment are just as viable.

This Eelektross set opens up a lot of options for you team because it allows you to drop Hidden Power Fire on Reuniclus because you now have your fire coverage, so now you can carry Calm Mind which allows Reuniclus to pose a massive threat to Stall teams (Which trick room teams have trouble with) and also allows you to break through Chansey because currently:
252+ SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 242-285 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Now the question is whether you want to go full Trick Room or the bulky offensive route as straddling between the two is not very good synergy-wise.

If your going full Trick Room here are the changes I would make first Drop all of your IVs in Speed to zero as Trick Room teams work best when they're guaranteed to outslow everything under Trick Room. Darmanitan with minimum investment hits base 203 speed which means that under Trick Room Darm's defensive counters: Slowbro, Slowking and Rhyperior outslow and can force Darm out. While Darm is a very powerful physical attacker it is important to keep in mind that these counters must be eliminated for Darm to sweep in Trick Room. This also means that slow Earthquakers such as Mega-Aggron are checks that can force you out. Because of this I would suggest finding another powerful Trick Room Sweeper who can outslow its counters, but if you wanna keep Darmanitan replace Choice Band with Life Orb because of Trick Room's short time period Darmanitan cannot switch out to change moves without costing you a lot of momentum. Also fun fact Sheer Force negates Life Orb recoil on Sheer Force boosted moves so you won't even have recoil on Flare Blitz and Rock Slide.

This is all I'm going add for now as I don't wanna add to much too quickly but try it out and let me know if you like my changes and I'll suggest some more.

Thank you for your Rate! I will deffinatly change to that ev set but the amoharos... Amphy is the star of the team and not someone I'm changing. You do have a good point however and I have been considering dropping Florges for a defensive type. Generally, florges can take an EQ and wish off all the damage. Btw, all the pokemon's cannot be 0 since I'm too lazy to IV breed XD. Thank you however!

Just as a note, on your Porygon2 set, you have the EVs as 252 SpD / 252 SpA / 4 SpD, which i think might have been a hiccup when editing.

Other than that, good job on the team. The only thing I might point out is that Knock off really hurts your TR setters, but I'm not sure that will be as much as a problem with your other pokemon. I also support the idea of Eelektross over Ampharos, since it can eat most lead pokemon alive (swampert, crobat, and the like) and can do volt switch for momentum, but if you don't want to switch for it, that is fine.

But if you do switch it out for Eelektross you might want to consider Mixed Attacking Mega-Abomasnow (EVS: 252 atk, 252 sp atk, 4 sp def, either brave or quiet), which leaves you with a ton of options, but also a ton of weaknesses.

Trick Room does not affect damage output of Gyro ball, but it is extremely useful under TR because it absolutely maims most pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)