ORAS Doubles OU Secret Cresselia Sweep

Changes are made in bold! Give me feedback please~

Hello, so this is my second time posting in the forums on a team that I've fiddled around with. I'd appreciate constructive criticism and positive feed back, I'm not the best at playing or team building but I like to think I do my best. After fiddling around I put together this team and immediately shot about 300 elo up the ladder (which isn't saying much cause I was chilling around 1000-1100).

But anyways without further ado here's my team. C:

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave / Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic Flash Cannon

Relatively standard Thundurus build IMO, but I do enjoy running the psychic on him, it catches a lot of people off guard that I've played as I leave him in on some usual threats and I just pop them quickly.
Currently tinkering back and forth with T-Wave and Taunt, probably going to stick with Taunt as Amoonguss is really beating my booty it seems. Taunt takes care of that business. (I also run Sitrus berry over Life Orb because I'd rather stay in longer and do more dmg than killing myself and so on).

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Typical Lando, not much to say here other than I don't really lead with it as much as I used to, sadly. But I have been having super good luck recently with double flinches on the rock slide xD. Debating doing some tweaking on the move list but for now he's on the back burner. Just a good compliment and double Genie core is always strong IMO.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Kang is pretty legit and I love it a lot, but honestly in this team it's more of a bait, it comes in, does some damage, and allows Cresselia to get off some CMs. I particularly enjoy DE over Return, harder hits, the recoil is whatever and puts him in range to be OHKO'd which again..baits baits baits. Or if they catch on then more free damage. (Debating moving off Fake Out for Protect, to see how troll and well it works).

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Easily my favorite part of this team, she's so tanky naturally and just all around annoying to deal with, there are a lot of other sets floating around and I just enjoy mine the most. :P I know looking at it, it's prolly not that great but. No one sees her as a threat so I get to sit there and free set up 4x CM. (When it comes to stalling out and they neglect her it really pulls through). Ice beam to deal with Draggies/Venu/Lando-Thundo. Moonblast to deal with generally anything. Moonlight to stay alive. EV spread keeps me alive through basically anything so far. Debating changing item, not sure. Maybe one move also. Still a big work in progress.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Soooo my friend talked me into using Goodra, I kinda steered away from it, wasn't too fond of how it looked, and playing against it. Seemed pretty annoying and ugly in general. Well obviously eventually I caved and now it's on my team. I like this spread, keeps it alive a lot through what people think would OHKO it. Modest to hit hard as humanly possible, Flamethrower to deal with pesky grass types, FB for the steels that are obnoxious, SW for dealing with fairies, and DM for STAB.
So far my favorite part is switching into a Mega Kang hitting with PUP slowing it two stages and then sweeping it off the field second turn.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Hydro Pump

Tbh this is the one mon I'm not really liking on the team, it's prolly gonna get swapped around or swapped out entirely. But mine is bulky offense, excluding W-O-W. Most in doubles that I've dealt with have been tanky sitrus berry, or tanky leftovers. Going modest offense people are caught entirely off guard and have yet another threat to deal with. I don't really have much to say about this mon, it was put on last minute and I just..Idk I don't like it.

Again I suck at team building, but the team is really fun. I just really like playing (even tho I'm not that great).
But anyways if you guys get the chance to play test please let me know how you feel about it! Any changes will be noted. Literally. I have a notebook with my team issues written down. :P
Thanks!

Skorelax.

Currently peaked 128, still playing hopefully will hit top 100~!
128rising.PNG

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Hey Skorelax, nice team! Just a few recommendations that I think could help it work a little better.

Going from the top, Psychic on Thundurus seems nice but if you want another coverage move, Flash Cannon is usually preferable in order to hit Mega Diancie, while still hitting Terrakion super effectively like Psychic does. However, I'm not noticing too big of a weakness to anything that could get hit by Flash Cannon, so I'd recommend replacing Psychic with Thunder Wave. Without it, your only speed control is Gooey Goodra, and that's not very reliable. If you do decide to make that switch, then running a bulkier Thundurus set might be beneficial, since you said you like having it around longer anyway. So I'd recommend changing your EVs to 252 HP / 120 Def / 44 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe, with a Modest Nature. That allows you to survive an Adamant Mega Kangaskhan Return and Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor, with enough speed to outrun Bisharp and Breloom.

Landorus-T looks good!

Mega Kangaskhan has a 100 Speed Stat, so you shouldn't let that go to waste. I'd recommend 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with an Adamant Nature for your EVs, and maybe think about Return over Double-Edge if you're going to use Power-Up Punch, since Return will OHKO almost anything at +2 anyway and you won't have to deal with recoil. That's more of a personal preference thing though.

CM Cresselia is a great set, and I'm glad you're building around it! Moonblast and Ice Beam are a little redundant though, and with no SpA investment neither of them will hit very hard until you're way boosted since they aren't STAB. So I think you should switch Moonblast for Psyshock. Since you're debating changing the item already, I'd recommend Safety Goggles - it keeps anything from being able to put you to sleep, and nullifies the effects of Rage Powder. Also, since you're boosting the SpD anyway, it's usually helpful to run 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe with a Bold Nature so that your physical defenses aren't far behind.

Goodra.... isn't great. In general it's outclassed by other dragon-types in the tier, so I'd recommend switching for Hydreigon. It hits harder and moves faster, plus it has fairly decent bulk to patch it up. There's a couple different sets you could run, either an All-Out Attacking set or a Bulky Roost one. I'll include specifics in the hide tag below, let me know if you have questions about either set.

Since you don't like Rotom-W, I think Keldeo would be a good fit to round out the team. It hits harder as a water-type special attacker, gives another check to Mega Kangaskhan which is always nice, and it provides you with a Rock-type resist which is great in a metagame where Rock Slide is everywhere. Again, let me know if you have questions about the set.

Thundurus
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 44 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe with a Modest Nature > current
Thunder Wave > Psychic

Mega Kangaskhan
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with an Adamant Nature > current
Return > Double-Edge?

Cresselia
Safety Goggles > Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe with a Bold Nature > current
Psyshock > Moonblast

Hydreigon > Goodra
Either this:
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast / Earth Power / Tailwind
- Protect

or this:
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 152 SpA / 16 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Protect

Keldeo > Rotom-W
Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt / Quick Guard
- Protect

Good luck with the team, and I hope I helped!

Thank you for your feedback! I'll have to test sometime tomorrow, I got off of work super late today and don't really have time to fiddle around sadly. I was finally able to semi figure out how to put my ladder spot up. I know my win ratio is pretty balls but I usually just play jank teams, my climb has been incredibly significant with this team though. REALLY enjoying it. :)

186ladder.PNG

If it really did that's awesome! I'm currently 164 on the DoublesOU ladder with this team! I'm having so much fun with it, people just don't really get the Goodra. xD My Thundurus set also catches people off guard, so far I enjoy everything about it, fortunately TheTalkingTree was amazing with his contribution and I have permanently included two of his suggested moves and I feel like I climbed the ladder even further thanks to him. :)

I will try to keep this updated on when I peak and all that jazz. Let me know how it goes for you guys.:')

Absolutely! I have effectively put two alternate accounts on the top 500 ladder with just this team, pushing 20-1 and so on. It's really nice.

The flash cannon idea was amazing, it completely wrecks people out of nowhere, they bring in sylveon, they bring in terrakion, they bring in clefable and then get mega caught of guard when i can 2ko or OHKO it if it's been damaged already.xD Awesome tech and I absolutely love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)