SS OU SD Weavile Spikes Fat - Peaked 1896

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
weavile-f.png882.pngcorviknight-2.png ferrothorn.png hippowdon-f.png toxapex-3.png

Hey everyone, I've never made an RMT before so bare with me if its ugly. This is a semi-stall/fat team featuring SD Weavile that I took to almost 1900 before I inevitably tilted down (my fault 90%, 10% the team).​

Proof of peak:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.05.52 AM.png

So, despite Weavile being the main attraction, I'll show the mons in the order I selected them for my team. First up;

ferrothorn.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip / Body Press
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

This team was made originally with hazard spam fat as the main idea, so of course I chose the best spiker for the job. Defensively, there isnt much ferro beats that the others cant, but his combined utility of knock off, spikes and leech seed along with his great bulk to get these things off really helps playing the long game. Knocking lefties, pressuring w/leech, these things go a long way. Body press is the usual go to, however after getting swept by a couple CM Primarina's on ladder and deciding the ohko on seis was worth, I ran whip instead. Spread was just enough spdef to make coming in on a specs kyu ice beam, living a second w/lefties and knocking the specs possible. Rest in defence.

hippowdon-f.png

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Whirlwind

Second star of the show, my main rocker and physdef wall. Despite what seismitoad and kommo-o have to offer, hippo was just the fit I needed on this team. A pokemon that can wall and sets rocks LONG TERM thanks to his heals. This is important due to my teams lack of wish clef. Hippo can handle bulk up zera, SD bisharp, SD aegis, conk, exca, mimi and terrak pretty much alone due to his massive bulk while still keeping rocks up.

toxapex-3.png

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes / Haze
- Baneful Bunker

Our third and final hazard setter, pex. Bunker pex is in my honest opinion, the actual best dracovish counter. Better than seismitoad or gastro or what you might have. This thing can come in and both it repeatedly, while also providing so much to the team in the form of tspikes and scald burns. Also helps assist hippo in taking the physical defence load off of him.

corviknight-2.png

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Corviknight on a hazard stack may seem weird but he has many roles. The first is obviously defogging; this may seem counter-intuitive, the objective of this team is to wear down the opposing team while staying was healthy as you can, and with that you need to keep hazards off your side on theirs as much as you can. I originally considered excadrill, as he can remove hazards on only my side and still be (an even better) anti clef mon, but uturning on threatening breakers like hydrei and forcing in weavile/dracovish is very handy for this team, as is the continuous recovery. However, I do still encourage someone try this out w/sand rush lefties drill. Might be solid!

882.png

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Dragon Rush

This team, and almost all fat teams, crumble to subNP togekiss or NP rotom heat, so scarf vish was a great fit. It also applies lots of pressure to fat teams, as with spikes stacking up, opposing water resists have a harder time switching into vish. Dragon Rush over Outrage was a choice I made due to how reliant this team is on Vish's damage, so having him outrage locked and dying to a clef is very horrid.

weavile-f.png

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Lastly, the star of the show, Weavile. Why weavile? Originally he was added cuz I had 2 very simple problems. My togekiss counter, vish, can only kill kiss if its sub is broken, since it can kinda sub up on half my team, and also NP Hydreigon since dragon rushing it is very unreliable. So I wanted a mon that could break sub/kill hydrei. Originally I thought about SD Terrak or Zera (still viable replacements), but then I considered what weavile could offer. Secondary knock off support, third fastest mon in the tier who is also capable of killing the second fast in many ways; pressure to make stalling defogs even easier alongside corvi, and just good late game cleanup potential. So I tried him out, and while hes nothing out of this world, he does his job fine.

Threatlist and how to deal with them:
zeraora-2.png

LO Zera is only a threat on paper honestly. With pretty easy pivoting, bunker poisons, sand, hippo helmet, iron barbs, LO chip, it all racks up super quick. And he cant ohko any of the aforementioned mons, so you can get a scald/knock/leech/toxic/eq off.

keldeo-ordinary.png

If this thing is SubCm, you just kinda lose, instantly. Cant do much.

rotom-heat.png
/
rotom-mow.png

These 2 can be a big pain. I have vish for Heat, but its not easy to get him in without a mon dying. Mow may be "walled" by ferro, but if its sub then he can probably beat me down regardless.

hydreigon-2.png
/
gengar.png

Both of these are not as bad as they look, not that easy either. My general way for hydrei is to just force a Draco into my corv and then uturn into weav/vish. For Gengar, more often than not a mon has to die for me to kill it.

Last edited:
Yooo nice team you got there! I have a few changes for your team.

Major Changes:

Weavile —> Excadrill

Two Pokémon from your threat list can easily be checked by Excadrill. If it is under the sand, it is almost impossible to outspeed. I recommend this set for you:

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Toxapex —> Seismitoad

Seismitoad is a wayyy better Dracovish check than Toxapex, as Seismitoad basically soaks up Fishious Rend as if nothing happened, except restoring Seismitoad’s HP.

Hippowdon —> Tyranitar

Your team lacks some Specially Defensive Pokémon. Tyranitar can hit hard, set up the weather, and can tank hits from Special Attackers.

Minor Changes:

I don’t get why you put Dragon Rush on Dracovish when you can run Outrage. Also, Scarf is mainly used on Rain teams, so I recommend the Choice Band set on the OU Analyses, but here it is.

Dracovish @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Outrage

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Yooo nice team you got there! I have a few changes for your team.

Major Changes:

Weavile —> Excadrill

Two Pokémon from your threat list can easily be checked by Excadrill. If it is under the sand, it is almost impossible to outspeed. I recommend this set for you:

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Toxapex —> Seismitoad

Seismitoad is a wayyy better Dracovish check than Toxapex, as Seismitoad basically soaks up Fishious Rend as if nothing happened, except restoring Seismitoad’s HP.

Hippowdon —> Tyranitar

Your team lacks some Specially Defensive Pokémon. Tyranitar can hit hard, set up the weather, and can tank hits from Special Attackers.

Minor Changes:

I don’t get why you put Dragon Rush on Dracovish when you can run Outrage. Also, Scarf is mainly used on Rain teams, so I recommend the Choice Band set on the OU Analyses, but here it is.

Dracovish @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Outrage

Input appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)