Tournament SCL III OU Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
JLf6DcZ-1.png

Welcome to the Smogon Champions League 3 Discussion Thread -- OU edition! This thread will be used to discuss OU in SCL III related topics, whether it’s about the players, general metagame trends, matches, predictions and so on.

Draft is Sunday September 17th @ 2 PM GMT-4, teams and OU slots will be edited in once it concludes.

Commencement Thread
Season Schedule (Will link when season starts)
scl3auction.png

OU Player Cores (expected starters bolded)

Power Plant Dynamos -- Seperation, BIHI, DAHLI, fade, kushalos, beraldo, Baloor, Ash KetchumGamer, mashing, s7a, clean
Indigo Platoon -- MichaelderBeste2, Finchinator, zioziotrip, McMeghan, xrn, SiTuM, SuperEpicAmpharos, Achimoo, Potatochan, teal6
Uncharted Terrors -- xavgb, oldspicemike, Joeshh, Nails, procorpish, RichardMillePlain, Meru, Inder, avarice,
Orange Islanders -- Welli0u, Wolf, asef, Exiline, RubyBlood, Amukamara, hellom,
Studio Gible -- mind gaming, Fogbound Lake, Eternal Spirit, Fc, z0mOG, S1nn0hC0nfirm3d, cleann, Clementine, Piyush25
Circuit Breakers -- Nat, HighVoltag3, Sylveon used calm mind, M Dragon, ishtar, London Beats
Arena Spartans -- Lily, Ox the Fox, Niko, Sage, Icemaster, Jytcampbell
Technical Machines -- Malekith, Aberforth, TPP, Savouras, Chloe, JustFranco, Guille, Elfuseon, Glue, vivalospride, Isza
Mt. Silver Foxes -- mncmt, Carkoala, Togkey, mimilimi, Thiago Nunes, Xiri, Drifting,
Showdown Shoguns -- blunder, lax, Storm Zone, watashi, CTC, bb skarm, Booty, feen, LpZ​

Last edited:

DKM

Replays

Mt. Silver Foxes vs Circuit Breakers
Thiago Nunes vs Gondra
Carkoala vs Sylveon used calm mind
mncmt vs Nat

Uncharted Terrors vs Indigo Platoon
Joeshh vs Finchinator
oldspicemike vs zioziotrip
xavgb vs MichaelderBeste2

Orange Islanders vs Arena Spartans
hellom vs Niko
Wolf vs Taka
Welli0u vs Sage

Power Plant Dynamos vs Technical Machines
Baloor vs Isza
DAHLI vs TPP
BIHI vs Malekith

Showdown Shoguns vs Studio Gible
blunder vs Piyush25
Storm Zone vs Fogbound Lake
lax vs mind gaming

Studio Gible vs Uncharted Terrors
Fogbound Lake vs procorphish
z0mOG vs oldspicemike
mind gaming vs xavgb

Technical Machines vs Showdown Shoguns
Isza vs blunder
TPP vs lax
Malekith vs Storm Zone

Arena Spartans vs Power Plant Dynamos
Jytcampbell vs Kushalos
Ox the Fox vs DAHLI
Sage vs BIHI

Circuit Breakers vs Orange Islanders
Gondra vs Rubyblood
Sylveon used calm mind vs Wolf
Nat vs Welli0u

Indigo Platoon vs Mt. Silver Foxes
zioziotrip vs mncmt
Achimoo vs Carkoala
Finchinator vs mimilimi

Last edited:
Welcome to Bear Watch. I skimmed all the OU games and looked at what the bear contributed.

| 1 | Ursaluna-Bloodmoon | 15 | 50.00% | 53.33% |

Highv0ltag3 vs. Malekith: 2 bears. Highv0ltag3's bear gets forced out by Gliscor and never does anything for the rest of the match. Malekith's bear doesn't come out.

Nat vs. TPP: 2 bears. TPP sets up the bear behind screens, Nat has to sack two mons to stall out Veil turns and force it out. TPP's Stored Power Manaphy gets goobed by Nat's Tera Dark Clefable. TPP's bear comes in later and revenge kills a Kingambit with Vacuum Wave but the game is already lost at this point.

z0mOG vs. zioziotrip: zioziotrip brings the bear behind screens. It helps to chip down z0mOG's Ting-Lu, but z0mOG ends up winning anyways by getting +1000 with Great Tusk.

MichaelderBeste2 vs. mind gaming: no bears.

Togkey vs. blunder: Togkey brings a Grassy Seed bear and Rillaboom. It Teras Poison to scare out blunder's Rillaboom. After Togkey's Sneasler goes on a killing spree, the bear cleans up Gliscor and presumably Cinderace.

mncmt vs. lax: lax brings the bear. It starts by killing mncmt's Iron Moth, then kills Ogerpon and Roaring Moon in rapid succession. Later, in a 2v2 endgame, lax gets his bear boosted up against mncmt's +6 Def Zamazenta, and is in position to win if he can recover enough to where he lives 2 Body Presses. Instead, he misclicks Blood Moon instead of Moonlight and gets it killed, losing him the game.

oldspicemike vs. Lily: Lily brings the bear, which brings Glimmora to its sash and brings Ogerpon-Wellspring to within an inch of its life. Lily later wins with Zamazenta.

Joeshh vs. Niko: no bears.

Rubyblood vs. Separation: Separation brings the bear. It eats a Poison Touch poison on turn 5 and later dies to a Gholdengo. Rubyblood wins.

Sylveon used calm mind vs. Aberforth: 2 bears. SUCM (i'm not typing out their whole name) leads with the bear and immediately gets crit dropped by an Enamorus Moonblast. Aberforth brings in his own bear to scare the other bear out, chips SUCM's Manaphy, then heads out. Aberforth sacks his bear to kill SUCM's Iron Moth. SUCM's bear doesn't come out again as they clean up with Sneasler.

Finchinator vs. Fogbound Lake: Finchinator brings the bear. Fogbound Lake's Substitute Gliscor stalls it out and kills it. Said Gliscor gets basically 5 kills over the course of the match and wins.

DAHLI vs. Wolf: DAHLI brings the bear. After DAHLI's burned, Scarf-tricked Kingambit puts in the most work ever seen by such a crippled mon, the bear comes in to finish off Wolf's Gliscor. Wolf proceeds to time out.

Storm Zone vs. Carkoala: Storm Zone brings the bear. It pivots into an Amoonguss then leaves when Carkoala sends out Clefable. It then comes back in and kills Clefable. On turn 22, it Moonblasts a Dragonite and does 61% through Multiscale. Storm Zone later wins.

xavgb vs. Ox the Fox: xavgb brings the bear. It tries to kill a Clefable but eats a SpA drop from Moonblast and has to leave. It doesn't come out for another, like, 50 turns, to clean up a Gliscor and Heatran to seal the game for xavgb.

Welli0u vs. Ash KetchumGamer: zero bears.

Last edited:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK report: Week 1, from Monday 25 to Sunday 1

Hello people, its me, 1LDK, back with reporting M E M E sets and H E A T, it helps the community by making history records of these events and in return, I get likes for it, which increases my clout. There's only one problem with this, and It's that, SCL has less OU matches than Wcop, so aside from pointing out heat stuff or tiny innovations, I guess I can do some tiny narration overall, which also gives me the chance to rebrand this whole thing, so maybe this is for the best, let's see the overall guidelines for this series

1) I won't get into the Evs side of things because I'm bad at math
2) I won't get too much into the statistics and meta and shit, that's for the people with the badge and social authority.
3) This is all personal opinion, so if something is wrong here, please be kind when pointing it out
4) Sorry for all the botched names and things I missed. I'm just one guy, I have no team (if you wanna help me out, you know where to find me)

I think I have all the disclaimers, so let's go

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orange Islanders vs Power Plant Dynamos:

[October 1] Wolf vs DAHLI: Wolf was using hazard stack BO with no hazard control, while DAHLI was using hazard stack HO with Glimmora dying to set toxic spikes and rocks, so no hazard control as well. DAHLI encored a +2 gliscor into earthquake, which he then used to give air baloon gambit free entry to get a +2 and destroy the ting lu with low kick, Wolf's gholdengo tricked a choice scarf but due to how trick mechanics work, DAHLI could lock the gambit into iron head instead of sucker punch, which he used to destroy the gholdengo, heavily damage the dragapult (only survived because he was the SubHex with WoW set) and pressured the gliscor. Ursa-BM got a calm mind, killed the gliscor and Wolf lost to Inactivity

[October 1] Rubyblood vs Separation: Separation was using hazard stack BO with no hazard control, while Rubyblood was using the same team we saw with DAHLI. This time, Rubyblood had a sneasler and a toxapex to absorb the toxic spikes, tricks the scarf into ceruledge, poison hax the BM-ursa with dire claw, and toxapex lays toxic spikes to put more pressure on ogerpon and ceruledge. Separation's Ogerpon crits ting lu with power whip, ogerpon gets toxic stalled, BM ursa dies to Make it Rain, and Dnite gets unlucky frozen by pex, and with that, sneasler cleans

[October 1] Welli0u vs Ash KetchumGamer: Ash goes full HO with veil while Welli0u has a hazard stack team with no hazard control, an uncommon tech we saw was Lando-T with taunt, to block Gliscor from badly poisoning the ogerpon, sadly, got revenge killed by tera grass flower trick from meowscarada, roaring moon with substitute tries to set up on clef but gets a low roll and a crit moonblast. As the match progresses, the hazards wear down Ash's team, cannot break, and keeps getting crit, eventually, all crumbles to Dnite

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circuit Breakers vs Technical Machines:

[October 1] Sylveon used calm mind vs Aberforth: both are using grassy terrain HO, with both using rillaboom, sneasler and BM-Ursa. Turn one, enamorus gets a lucky crit + SpA drop on BMursa, which forces Sylveon to heal and retreat, after some manaphy action, we see booster moth disintegrating aberforth's bmursa, and moth gets killed by ogerpon. We later see sylevon using Brick Break RM, for screens, I guess. And finally, Sneasler sweeps

[September 29] Highv0ltag3 vs Malekith: Despite its usual popularity as a stall god, we are seeing Highv0ltag3 running HO, with Grimmsnarl over the usual atales, and we can see why turn 1, prankster taunt is too good. The main problem was BM Ursa not being able to break Gliscor, and eventually, gliscor made its way into the enemy team

[September 30] Nat vs TPP: We can start seeing a patter here, one guy brings HO, the other guy brings gliscor team, Nat decided to spice things up with Empoleon, who actually does very good against walking wake, we actually see some heat with TPP´s memento glimmora, who lets ursa have a free turn of set-up, and OHKOs the gliscor, and when Nat´s ursa brings her own BM ursa, pow, Hyper voice, TPP has BOTH AND vacuum wave, which means NO Earth Power. on the last dance, we see a very gen 8 clef with moonlight cm knock off moonblast with tera dark to tank the stored power. TPP trades it for the valiant with Dbond and kingambit + sneasler wins the game for Nat

Indigo Platoon vs Studio Gible:

[October 1] Finchinator vs Fogbound Lake: Like said before, Hazard stack vs HO. We see Finchinator running taunt spam with valiant and moon, and yet, gliscor (with help of tera water, good plays and heatran) dismantles Valiant and Wake. Heatran barely survibes the boosted knock off from moon, WoWs the Roaring Moon to switch + burn stall. and gliscor goes back to stalling out BM ursa, and with a burned gambit and an encore from valianr, gliscor basically won against finch´s entire team, incredible

[September 27] zioziotrip vs z0mOG: Looking at the preview, zioziotrip was using a booster spam hail HO team with booster moon, valiant and moth, alongside bloodmoon ursaluna and kingambit. z0mOG on the other hand was using a team that would fit pretty normally on a pre DLC meta, with Ting Lu + Gholdengo hazard stack, volcanion, status spread sneasler, zapdos and tusk. ziozio trades valiant for volcanion with Dbond, z0mOG uses sneasler to kill atales so the vail only lasts 8 turns, then pivots out of ursa-bm to bring specs gholdengo, which tricks its specs into moon, the ursa gets once again forced out by whirlwind from ting lu, sacks it to chip the ting lu, and Bulk Up tusk finishes the job

[September 29] MichaelderBeste2 vs mind gaming: Germans fighting each other, Mind Gaming is using a weird HO with Hoopa and Scizor, while Michael is using bulky sun with gliscor, after some toxic stalling, valiant trades itself for scream tail, and BU tusk starts setting up, gets forced out by hoopa-U, and that gives Mind Gaming the chance to set up with moon, tusk could handle moon with the proto defense boost, but runs out and that gives Mind gaming the win

Mt. Silver Foxes vs Showdown Shoguns:

[September 27] Togkey vs blunder: Here both used grassy terrain, the main difference is that Togkey was using HO with Offensive suicide Heatran, CM Valiant, Grassy Seed Sneasler, kingambit and Bloodmoon ursaluna. And Blunder was using BO with defensive heatran, a buffed Slowking with scald, a scarf sneasler, SD gliscor and offensive ace. Togkey did a lot of early game damage with Valiant, while the heatran got up rocks and killed the sneasler. Blunder managed to force out the Bloodmoon ursa the first time thanks to scarf trick into heatran. Then, togekey's sneasler did the midgame work, and with that, Bloodmoon Ursaluna had a clear path to win the game

[September 30] mncmt vs lax: Both bring HO to the table, but while Lax has a standard one, mncmt has kind of a unique one with ogerpon cornerstone mask and zamazenta. Moth gets a +1 and melts ace, while RM knocks rilaboom's and gambit's items, after some doubles, gholdengo kills gambit with tera fairy dazzling gleam. After mncmt doing all he can to wear down the bear, lax's sneasler misses a very important Gunk Shot that results in ghol psyshock killing him, Lax miss clicks BM ursa in the last straw with Zamazenta and Mncmt wins

[October 1] Carkoala vs Storm Zone: Storm Zone is using a standard HO, and Carkoala a Gliscor BO with Greninja, which is rare these days, both Sneasler and Gliscor tera and sd, but Storm Zone wins the interaction, eats the amoongus with BM-Ursa and Carkoala misses a really good Focus Blast into the heatran that would have also destroyed the ursa, even tho it killed heatran at the end, ursaBM just finished the job with Hyper Voice (he also has Blood Moon) Gren kills sneasler, gets forced out by rillaboom, cinderace also misses the pyro ball and gets killed by rillaboom. and just when Dnite could potentially have a chance, BMursa just slaps him with Moonblast, I think thats a new one right? And to finalize the game, storm zone revealed that he had a semi tr team under the wings, here is the hatterene set he had (he showed publically so its safe to show)

Lacey Evans (Hatterene) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Trick Room

Uncharted Terrors vs Arena Spartans:

[September 30] oldspicemike vs Lily: it starts as a back and forth that ends with mike's ogerpon very near death, glimmora unable to get T-spikes and Lily's ursabm being heavely chipped. Mike tera ghosts Moth to avoid the E-Speed but Lily reads this and teras normal dragonite + eq to avoid potentiall dazzling gleam, samu-h comes in and moth lays toxic spikes (toxic spikes + booster speed is kinda interesting). Once Clefable dies to valiant, zama sweeps the rest of mike's team

[October 1] xavgb vs Ox the Fox: we saw Xavgb bringing a really rare AV Glowking, his AV got knocked off by clefable, we also saw Cute Charm enamorus activating, which is kinda rare considering that a) most players put female gender to avoid it b) it has to be on contact moves and c) its actually 30% chance, like flame body, static or scald, anyway im getting distracted. Clefable also knocks off BMursa's silk scarf, which means danger considering the bear. Forces the bear out with a lucky SpA drop, Rilla gets badly poison, Tusk starts doing damage. Ox's clef CMs tera water, but cant put the numbers in time and dies thanks to scizor and glowking. And in the end, Bear tera poison and wins

[September 29] Joeshh vs Niko: Joeshh is using grasspam HO with Life Orb ogerpon teal mask, he even has a shiny hydreigon to pair the aesthetics. but the hydreigon is actually rocks + sash lead, and the dnite has outrage, and just when you though the surprises ended, pum, NP Hoopa, who smokes the manaphy. Joeshh's ceruledge got to kill scizor and was ready to sweep, but Niko tera grass ceruledge and with sneasler who still has the burden of the item, valiant wins the match

Quick statistics! These are usage for the week

Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Ursaluna-Bloodmoon |   15 |  50.00% |  53.33% |
| 2    | Roaring Moon       |   11 |  36.67% |  45.45% |
| 3    | Sneasler           |   10 |  33.33% |  60.00% |
| 3    | Gliscor            |   10 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Kingambit          |   10 |  33.33% |  40.00% |
| 6    | Dragonite          |    9 |  30.00% |  55.56% |
| 6    | Iron Valiant       |    9 |  30.00% |  44.44% |
| 8    | Rillaboom          |    8 |  26.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Gholdengo          |    7 |  23.33% |  85.71% |
| 9    | Clefable           |    7 |  23.33% |  57.14% |
| 9    | Ogerpon-Wellspring |    7 |  23.33% |  14.29% |
We can see that teams right now are either HO or BO, and that it all revolves around Blood Moon Ursaluna, tusk is not even at the top 10

And that is week one ladies and gentlemen, I hope you enjoyed this week, in my personal opinion, we will see some shifts as time goes on, if Ursa gets banned and people find ways to adapt to gliscor, we could see some more heat. Any comments on the format or suggestions, please tell me! And I'm so sorry this took so long, life has been getting harder and harder, and yeah, still, I hope I can do these faster, thank you and see you next week or Sunday i don't know

Last edited:

DKM

Week 1

:Ursaluna-bloodmoon:
Unsurprisingly the most used pokemon this week, it fit on all the common structures [:Glimmora: hyper offense, :Rillaboom: offense, :Gliscor:/:Gholdengo:/:Clefable: type balance]. The main set is bulky tera poison with cm/blood moon/earth power/moonlight which is extremely difficult to both KO and switch into. Some used vacuum wave on more offensive teams to limit the opponent's ability to revenge kill. Hyper Voice was also used to get around certain counterplay such as Substitute users like :Gliscor:.

:Roaring Moon: :Dragonite:
Both Dragon Dance users saw an uptick in usage this week. :Roaring Moon: is a terrifying sweeper found on hyper offense with a ton of options such as eq, brick break, tera fly acrobatics, tera fairy blast, taunt, as well as the newly added knock off. :Dragonite: does what it's been doing all gen but alongside fitting on hyper offense has been used on more bulky offense and balance teams thanks to its better defensive utility with multiscale, roost, and great resistances and immunity, as well as a great priority move to act as a form of insurance.

:Gliscor:
Gliscor has many excellent features between spikes, toxic, knock off, being a status absorber and spikes immunity. Players started using Substitute to completely halt :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: with Blood Moon as well as the added bonus of being able to toxic stall. Tera Water and Dragon are used to change up what it can check. Swords Dance was also used on one occasion, which while not having as much utility can be difficult for a lot of teams to switch into.

:rillaboom: :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: :Sneasler: :Iron Valiant: :Heatran: :Kingambit:
:Rillaboom::Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: :Sneasler: :Iron Moth: :Roaring Moon: :Manaphy:
:Rillaboom: :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: :Sneasler: :Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Cinderace: :Kingambit:

These team structures are reminiscent of grassy seed teams used pre DLC, they became more common thanks to :Rillaboom:'s small buff and more importantly, :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon:'s ability to take advantage of grassy terrain with either grassy seed or the combination of grassy terrain and leftovers healing. Not to mention the decreased earthquake damage being useful for tera poison. :Sneasler: naturally fits on these teams as an unburden sweeper, while :Ogerpon-Wellspring: and :Kingambit: are great additional setup sweepers that take advantage of the terrain. Pokemon like take heart :Manaphy: and air balloon :Heatran: also fit on these structures to pile on the pressure and serve useful defensive roles.

Last edited:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK report: Week 2, from Monday 2 to Sunday 8

Hello there, welcome to the second week of SCL with another 1LDK report, who is ready for more bear market and gliscor balance? yaaaaaay

Arena Spartans vs Circuit Breakers

[October 4] Niko vs Highv0ltag3: Highv0ltag3 is back with his trademark stalls that cause pain to those who oppose it, Niko, on the other hand, is using a pretty normal HO. Highv0ltag3 trades his tornadus therian with Niko's heatran. Gliscor comes in against rillaboom and gets instantly demolished by tera grass band Wood Hammer (252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Grass Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor in Grassy Terrain: 336-396 (95.4 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO), Donzo tera grass and confronts rilla, just to be hitting a shiny valiant for pitiful damage (I'm glad I can finally use it) it forces out clefable with its taunt + cm set, and heatran finishes clef, and after some back and forth, Niko dismantles the stall team

[October 7] Ox the Fox vs Nat: Ox is going with HO, while Nat is using what seems to be rain. Nat decides to sack ogerpon in exchange for damage on rillaboom and sneasler. Tusk eats a low kick and eats sneasler. glowking takes the knock off thanks to colbur berry and killss rilla with sludge bomb, bear takes glowking and pelipper drowns bear with what seems to be specs weather ball +1 moon takes out tusk, both roaring moon and gambit tera flying and almost kill each other. Moon retreats while kingambit dies fighting heatran, Pelipper gets back in, kills heatran, kills hat and lets pult finish the game

[October 7] Lily vs Sylveon used calm mind: Sylveon is using basic HO, Lily is using webs HO. Ribombee dies while setting webs, which is great considering sylveon has no hazard removal, Roaring Moon comes in and starts knocking off stuff, we see that the dnite was holding a life orb, lives at 1 HP and kills moon but now has to run away from tusk, which decimates the gholdengo. sylveon decides to tera fairy enamorus and yeet tusk into oblivion, out here comes moth, which gets a +1, but runs away from the 1 hp dnite. Lily rolls 2 d20s and gets the double luck bonus, ghold crits make it rain to shatter rillaboom. And gholdengo survives mystical fire from enamorus at 1 HP to basically blast enam. Which survives but barely, and cannot take on Lily's valiant

Showdown Shoguns vs Orange Islanders

[October 8] Storm Zone vs Rubyblood: Storm zone is using HO, Rubyblood is using gliscor balance, tusk sacks itself to deny samu of early game hazards, enamorus crits the gliscor and chips the pult, rilla is using the LO SD set, and kills the gliscor, but sneasler procs poison touch with fake out and neutralizes rilla, and the kills iron moth with tera fighting close combat, dies after a scald but not without heavily damaging manaphy and gets squashed by a meteor from dragapult. Finally, kingambit gets encored by Samu-H and gets killed by Ting Lu

[October 6] lax vs Welli0u: Welli0u is on his Hellsing era, in which he brings an aesthetically good team against Lax's HO. Enamorus kills ghol, gets killed by valiant, uturns into glowking and melts the valiant. Hazards start pilling up. Lax's glimmora uses his red card to roll sneasler and absorb tspikes at the cost of his life. Offensive tusk kills and get forced out by sub hex pult and glowking tank the burn, and it seems to be AV because he took it and almost shatered pult with ice beam. Scizor finishes the job and finally roaring moon appears. I don't know how common this is, but Welli0u has encore on the Samurot-H which stuns locks moon into DD and lets scizor close the show, securing the win.

[October 8] blunder vs Wolf: Blunder is packing hazard vomit while wolf has HO, Valiant taunts + Dbonds the Glimmora to deny hazards at the cost of valiant. Blunder chooses Moth next but has to retreat when he sees Dnite, Dnite tera blast flying ghol, sees that he is not doing enough damage, gets a +1 as bear comes in and vanishes both bear and roaring moon to the shadow realm, he also encores the gambit but gambit runs away with Mental herb. Wolf wins the 50/50 sucker punch mind game and sends kingambit to the shadowrealm, winning the game.

Studio Gible vs Mt. Silver Foxes

[October 6] z0mOG vs mncmt: Bear meta, bear rules. mncmt just leaves rillaboom to die and gives no shits about z0mOG tera turn 1, his own bear gets in and kill the ninetales, but not before setting up. Which allows manaphy to set up and everything looks like a free win for z0mOG, but then mncmt rolls a 20, and gets a dire claw sleep with sneasler + a crit, which puts the fox's player back on the fight. Sets rocks with heatran so that ogerpon cornerstone cannot proc sturdy, Kingambit kills ursa thanks to ursa not packing vacum wave, and then before accepting his death, there's one last line of dialogue between these 2

☆z0mog: ive won these on ladder
☆mncmt: Ive lost all

[October 8] Fogbound Lake vs Carkoala: Gholdengo webs vs Gholdengo webs. Carkoala leads with Iron Moth while Fogbound Lake does with ribombee. Moth subs as the bee webs and psychics, dies and lets ogerpon finish moth, and from this point on, Carkoala is on heavy disadvantage due to webs and eventually loses to Manaphy setting up

[October 8] mind gaming vs Togkey: Togkey is running a unique FWG core with the starters, while Mind gaming is using Mimikyu, we see ace criting a flame body heatran. Later, Blood Moon Ursaluna makes Samu-h explode with crit blood moon. Togkey's rilla forces ursaBM out into heatran and ace kills it. Back to bear, gholdengo tries to chip it for no avail and gets killed. Roaring moon comes and uses sub, but BU tusk forces it out, mind gaming goes to Mimikyu which forces tusk out with a Red Card and tries to Dbond the ace but fails, and then explodes. rilla kills the mimikyu. Valiant fails to encore the bear and gets whirlwind away by ting lu, comes back and gets killed by roaring moon and the both tusk and rillaboom explode

Technical Machines vs Indigo Platoon

[October 7] Aberforth vs MichaelderBeste2: Aberforth decided to bring a fat balance with mola, ting lu over gliscor, ace, torn, oger and ghol, while michael has standard HO, michael's hatt nuzzles aberforth's ogerpon which gets para and is basically dead from the uturn. RM sets up but scald from mola denies it. After some back and forth, it's bear time, which gets forced out because that tornadus is NP, blows the moon and rilla comes, in and does 59% to a fucking cinderace with tera grass grassy glide. Torn subs and nasty plot, but hatt gets a lucky psyshock crit and undoes the sub. Eventually, the pressure from both heatran and hat kills the Ting Lu and UrsaBM wins the game

[October 8] Malekith vs zioziotrip: Malekith has webs HO while zioziotrip has a pretty fat balance going on, both lead with ogerpon wellspring, malekith goes to ribombee, gets webs and dies. Ceruledge comes in and kills oger-w with +2 bitter blade, zamazenta tera darks and takes the poltergeist and eats ceruledge with a crunch. bear comes in and damages the ting lu. bear kills zama, we see clef with cm trying to damage Ogerpon, but one sd, one tera, one crit and malekith takes the win

[October 7] TPP vs Finchinator: The OU mods in action, finch has ogerpon-teal mask while TPP is running Kommo-o. we see that finch's gliscor has U-turn which is kinda rare right now, and ogerpon has boots. oger dies from toxic damage while damaging the dnite, kommo-o slaps gliscor with ice punch. Then we gliscor dittos and back and forth, TPP reveals Dragon Dance on the Kommo-o, and offensive ting lu fails the stone edge, which lets dnite get to full again. ogerpon tera grass but does little to gliscor, ogerpon kills gholdengo. Kommo-o hax freezes finch's ogerpon, gliscor hits ting lu with the toxic, TPP rolls a 1 with whirlwind roll and drags zamazenta. sneasler kills the ogerpon with a U-turn. Ting Lu dies from toxic, Kommo-o gets in and gets the toxic and from here Finchinator just stalls kommo-o out and wins the game

Power Plant Dynamos vs Uncharted Terrors

[October 6] DAHLI vs Joeshh: Joeshh is using HO, and DAHLI is using a weird team with Iron treads, which did not remove the spikes from lead samu, oger encores samu to force it out, joeshh goes to moth to sub as oger sd and gets eradicated by sludge wave, Moth gets a lucky crit which blocks dnite from roosting back to full, valiant dbonds gambit into the darkness, and manaphy is not winning a 1v4

[October 8] clean vs xavgb: HO vs HO, even tho he is running webs, Xavgb decides to not lay it and sacks bee for damage on bear, then he brings fully offensive booster attack tusk and slaps hat 2 times in the ass and dies. Roaring Moon come and and Kingambit tanks the acrobatics but gets slaped by brick break and dies, Dnite leaves him in red and tusk leaves him in read. Manaphy gets in and tera poisons, gets 1 tail glow, spams acid armor and wins out of nowhere

[October 8] Separation vs oldspicemike: Separation brought a really cool balance team, while Mike decides to go with standard HO. We start hot by Ace hitting heatran, which means heatran was flame body, Ace chips himself to kill the heatran and pivots out into hoopa-U when he sees Mike's bear coming out. hoopa takes the blood moon like a chad and grass knots the hat. Rilla kills ace. Separation's bear comes out and tera poison, Mike tera flying + sd sneasler and gets looney toons crashed into rocky helmet alolomola, which dies, but not before leaving sneasler in red, which at this point gets revenge killed by separation's rillaboom. It's roaring moon time, and kills Separation's ursaBM. After some back and forth, separation's rilla kills Mike's ursabm, and gets killed by roaring moon, who then gets killed by valiant and thanks to draining kiss, Mike does the 1v2 against valiant and hoopa-U

Quick statistic time! We can see that HO is still going strong, but thats gonna change

Code:
| 1    | Rillaboom          |   13 |  43.33% |  46.15% |
| 2    | Ursaluna-Bloodmoon |   12 |  40.00% |  58.33% |
| 2    | Gholdengo          |   12 |  40.00% |  41.67% |
| 4    | Sneasler           |   11 |  36.67% |  63.64% |
| 4    | Roaring Moon       |   11 |  36.67% |  54.55% |
| 6    | Kingambit          |    9 |  30.00% |  55.56% |
| 7    | Iron Valiant       |    8 |  26.67% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Heatran            |    7 |  23.33% |  71.43% |
| 8    | Dragonite          |    7 |  23.33% |  71.43% |
| 8    | Great Tusk         |    7 |  23.33% |  57.14% |
| 8    | Ogerpon-Wellspring |    7 |  23.33% |  28.57% |

And that's all for this week, luckily, the bear market has officially ended and that means the bull market is here, and ursaluna blood moon will be banned from week 3 onwards, who is gonna take the place of the bear against gliscor hazard stack? Let's tune in for the next episode of SCL 3!

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK report: Week 3, from Monday 9 to Sunday 15

Hey, hey, 1LDK here! With the first SCL week with almost NO bear, that's right, it's 99% free of bear, and with that, we can see traces and ideas of a new meta, and that means heat, and this whole project is based around recollecting data about heat, which could be used in historical records, and also like farming because that's the only thing I'm decent in my entire life. Anyway, I'm going off, less personal talk and more action replay!

Orange Islanders vs Studio Gible

[October 15] Welli0u vs mind gaming: We see pult escaping magma storm at low health, Gliscor dies tho, Mind Gaming's heatran also tera fairys and tera blast the tusk, dies to get rilla in, who u-turns out to get wake in, who surfs over Welli0u's heatran and drops to pult. Sneasler comes in, kills pult, misses the gunk shot against tera electric clef and lets valiant take the moonblast. Mind gaming´s rilla crits clef on his last wood hammer before dying to its recoil and the game is over. I have one question tho, Mind gaming said that Welli0u had embraced the darkness, yet he already did last week, and mind gaming's profile picture is an anime girl being blinded by light, shouldnt be then that welli0u had embraced the light? idk, im probably overthinking

[October 13] Rubyblood vs z0mOG: RubyBlood went full hazard stack HO with glim and samu, while z0mOG was using his trusty volcanion team we have seen before, glim dies to damage z0mOG's dengo and samu misses the edge and dies to sneasler. Dragapult burns ting lu, switches Roaring moon into ruination and taunts it to prevent whirlwind, he hard reads sneasler and goes for 2 dragon dances and eliminates the zapdos, but he gets para'ed and dies. Dragapult fails to KO the sneasler even with a crit, which makes me believe Sneasler was actually AV. Rubyblood's Nasty plot dengo kills ting lu and z0mOG's dengo before switching out. Tusk tera fire and kill pult and dengo dies too. Valiant has to do a 1v3 now, which he can thanks to tera electric thunderbolt who zaps tusk, crit one-shots the volcanion and zaps sneasler. Rubyblood also confirmed to not be sorry because he embraced the darkness

[October 15] Wolf vs Fogbound Lake: Rilla tries to set up but gets forced out by Dnite and fire punch, both sides max out hazards, Wolf's Ting Lu starts spamming ruination in everything he can. after some real long back and forth, Gholdengo kills heatran but has to retreat due to hazard damage, Zapdos tera ice tera blasts to get Gliscor out of the game, zama gets para and cannot attack rilla on the switch, gholdengo dies to hazard damage. sneasler switcheroos dnite with a choice scarf, locking him in dd. Dnite kills rillaboom and gets killed by pult. and with ogerpon and paraed zamazenta left, sneasler cleans

Indigo Platoon vs Arena Spartans

[October 14] Finchinator vs Lily: Not even 10 seconds in, Finch's gholdengo uninstalls life from rillaboom, Lily SD with gliscor and protects to avoid Finch's amoongus packing worry seed, gets it the second time. But gliscor just gets back in, only to be rug pulled by tera ice tera blast zapdos. After some back and forth, Lily sets up with her gholdengo again and kills ting lu, gets forced out by Gholdengonator, and kills ogerpon. Lily's dnite sets up and tera normal, but Zamazentanator takes it and kills dnite with a box of krispy cream, and then dies by Lily's own zama, and then gets killed by finch's gholdengo. And finally, doordashes a crit alongside some mochi donuts to win the game

[October 12] MichaelderBeste2 vs Niko: Chronologically, this is the first match of the week, and since ursaluna BM was banned, you would expect a new possible meta, and what we get is: ursaluna vs webs, which start by Tusk self immolating by trading himself with rillaboom. Manaphy comes in to sweep, hat sets up trick room and dies. Michael manages to stall out trick room by pivoting and sacking manaphy and using riboombee's sash, speaking of bee, she also stuns the heatran, lays webs, kills sneaslers, and chips moon before dying. Which lets Dragonite clean the remainder mons

[October 14] zioziotrip vs Jytcampbell: We start by zioziotrip negating webs with hat. After some back and forth, zama crunches gholdengo and roaring moon brute forces its way out of manaphy, dragapult kills tusk, zioziotrip sacks moon to let heatran in, Jytcampbell tera fight gambit to kick heatran in the balls. zama IDs and dnite cannot put the numbers in time

Mt. Silver Foxes vs Technical Machines

[October 15] Carkoala vs TPP: Both trade hazards, Clef tries to trick something but Good as Gold blocks it, shadowballs the oger, doubles into zama who Ice Fangs down the chomp, oger gets killed by sneasler + hazards, Samu fails to kill moth with ceasless edge, and moth gets a +1 but gets forced out by clef. TPP sets up with dnite and kills gholdengo, ting lu whirlwinds it away into clef and we see the item clef had was a sticky barb. Dnite low rolls Espeed into sneasler who Dire Claws and procs para, and dies to fake out after quick pivot. zamazenta tera steels and sits on the clef, and watches roaring moon stub his toe to win the match

[October 14] mncmt vs Malekith: Gliscor meta. After the obligatory hazard laying part (featuring ting lu) we see moth with boots laying toxic spikes, after some gliscor vs clef and gliscor vs gliscor, we see ogerpon teal mask encoring spikes, and killing moth with 2 knock off, 1 pre tera and one with tera. We see U-turn spam chip vs Malekith's gliscor. Clef crits dnite and kills it with moonblast. After some more back and forth, we see mncmt's gliscor heavily damaged by oger-wellspring, but the spike's damage is big, and cannot out speed ogerpon teal mask, so mncmt slowly but surely wins the war of attrition. We also see tera grass gliscor, but at turn 126. Mncmt just had to slowly win the match

[October 15] Togkey vs Isza: Togkey sets up a layer of spikes with samu-h and aqua jets into death towards enamorus. Valiant does big damage to amoongus, but red card sends it away, comes back and gets spored. Nanami the tusk ask kingambit about how many allies he has and where he can find them, before 2 shotting him with eq. Dragapult hexes the sleeping valiant and its a 2hp so basically dead, trades hex and ice spinner with tusk, dragapult gets killed and Isza's tusk rapid spins twice to kill Togkey's tusk, Maushold kills Isza's tusk, but weavile comes in to sweep the rest of the team

Uncharted Terrors vs Circuit Breakers

[October 15] Joeshh vs Sylveon used calm mind: 242 turns of Gliscor meta, im not gonna report this one, I have an upper limit and im not getting paid enough for this, but theres A LOT of pp stall and Joeshh is using the team xavgb used

[October 15] oldspicemike vs Highv0ltag3: We start by ghol doing pitiful damage to mola, pivots to gambit, Mike goes to lando, and voltage to his own lando, both U-turn out. Amoongus forces out clef. After some back and forth, valiant sets up, dnite comes and fucking explodes into pieces to ice punch, Lando comes and also fucking explodes into pieces to ice punch, clef comes and gets its lunch knocked off, and kills valiant with moonblast in revenge. Mike tries to put more hazard work with samu, but lando tanks it and earthquakes it into dust. Clef and Corvi come out and for the first time in 10 years, we saw live footage of corviknight defogging hazards, beautiful, anyway I'm distracting myself, Clef starts CMing, and corv U-turns into gambit, both tera at the same time, Clef into dark and Gambit into fire, Clef wins the exchange but at very low health, kills with U-turn. On the final road, Ghol gets to +6 while mola tries to bait him into Mirror Coat, with zamazenta getting burned in the process, with the last mons in voltages team being 2 regen mons and Mike's team has one crippled zama and ghol, we know how this one ended

[October 14] xavgb vs Nat: xavgb is packing some H E A T, with Mandibuzz and milotic, Nat also has a Zarude in the team, let's see how this plays out. We start with Gliscor simulator until xavgb goes clef, sets rocks, and Nat's gliscor U-turns. We see both milotic and zarude with boots. The clef also had a sticky barb, but couldn't pass it to zarude because zarude had an item. Then we see more gliscor experience until xavgb's dirge hits Nat's gliscor with the hex. Hex pult tries to chip heatran and dies to milotic's scald. Nothing really happens until we see Zarude bulking up, tera poison, and now it seems like it's game, nope, zarude does minimal damage to mandibuzz even with boosted knock off and mandy just laughs at it and iron defense, tera fires for pult, and we see Nat's pult being double status, that ain't stopping mandy tho. Dragapult + Milotic kill dirge, the former also finishes zarude and Dnite cannot do a 1v4 while burned

Power Plant Dynamos vs Showdown Shoguns

[October 15] Clean vs lax: We start the match by some double switching into enam earth powering air balloon kingambit, lax subs as clean switches into pult and dies while taking off enam's sub. Clean's sandy shocks thunder waves lax's ogerpon, which misses power whip 2 times in a row, letting sandy shocks get all the spikes, but third time is the charm and finally kills it, and then gets killed by roaring moon. Tusk tera ice to tank the acrobatics and spin the hazards, but gets crit a second time and dies, scizor revenge kills. Ting Lu goes to red but kills kingambit, whirlwinds oger into moth, gets low roll energy ball into 1 and whirlwinds into oger again, who trailblazes him, gets killed by scizor's U-turn, and pult kills moth

[October 14] Separation vs Storm Zone: Separation is using a fat balance with Weavile, while Storm Zone is using BO with gliscor and ogerpon-W. Everyone gets free hits on gliscor and dies early game. After some back and forth Storm's Glowking tanks 2 crunches from zama and sludge bombs, valiant ends the job, Corviknight ID and seems ready to sweep, but valiant forces it off. Ting Lu dies to grass knot from storm zone's glowking, and is packing flamethrower, so forces out corviknight again. After some dancing, future sight + gambit kills zapdos. Weavile kills Ace, and tera ice to kill valiant. kingambit destroys it, ogerpon dismantles Separation's glowking and SZ's glowking burns corviknight down to win the game

[October 15] BIHI vs blunder: blunder drops the draco turn 1 but fails to kill the zapdos, who just thunder waves him, but kills rilla thanks to sun, boosting his SpA. After some back and forth, we see offensive tusk with attack boost, while ting lu tries to pressure with hazards, zapdos twaves moon, tusk sets up bu but gets killed by zapdos. Ting Lu sets 2 lines of spikes, but thanks to wish torkoal is back to full, Corv tanks sneasler, U-turns on the gholdengo switch and sends walking wake, who dies to tera fairy dazzling gleam, Corvi tries to IDBP Ghol but just sets up NP, heals and sweeps

Statistics time!

Code:
| 1    | Dragapult          |   11 |  36.67% |  63.64% |
| 1    | Gholdengo          |   11 |  36.67% |  54.55% |
| 1    | Gliscor            |   11 |  36.67% |  45.45% |
| 4    | Zamazenta-*        |   10 |  33.33% |  40.00% |
| 5    | Ting-Lu            |    9 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Great Tusk         |    9 |  30.00% |  44.44% |
| 5    | Kingambit          |    9 |  30.00% |  44.44% |
| 8    | Roaring Moon       |    8 |  26.67% |  37.50% |
| 8    | Dragonite          |    8 |  26.67% |  25.00% |
| 10   | Heatran            |    7 |  23.33% |  57.14% |
| 10   | Clefable           |    7 |  23.33% |  28.57% |
We see that, with the ban of bear, the meta has decided to incline himself towards gliscor meta, with both gholdengo and pult as number 1 as well, my guess is that pult can punish the status floating around and gholdengo keeps the hazards

And that's it for the week, next week is 4/9 (not counting playoffs) I'm thinking about the idea of quick interviews, but I don't know if people would be willing to cooperate, you know, at the end of the day, I'm just a worthless nobody, but it would be cool to give this more "news" kind of air. I don't know, I'll see you all next week, 1LDK, out

Last edited:

DKM

:Dragapult: :Gholdengo: :Gliscor:
The three tied for highest usage of week 3 indicating that balance teams taking advantage of hazards have resurged as a very popular team style following the Ursaluna-bloodmoon ban. other Pokemon like Clefable, Zamazenta, Dragonite and Regenerator Pokemon like Amoonguss, Alomomola, and Galarian Slowking are common picks for these teams. notably they all tend to hold Heavy-Duty Boots [or Magic Guard in Clefable's case]. Alongside Gliscor this can form a "superman" style team that doesn't care about opposing hazards, not really requiring a form of hazard removal. Other less common options on this dominating teamstyle include Milotic, Skeledirge, Mandibuzz and others which all have their own defensive niche.

:Glimmora: :Ribombee:
Hyper offense teams, while no slouch, seem to have slightly fallen out of favour of aforementioned balance teams. They arent short of threats however, Notably Roaring Moon is still seeing high usage and little reliable counterplay. There are also the classics like Kingambit, Iron Valiant, and Sneasler which are hard to cover defensively, especially with their tera options. Pokemon you might see on more defensive teams like the previously mentioned Dragonite and Gholdengo can also fit well on these structures, bringing a useful defensive presence alongside a normally more offensive set on these teams. While not massive in usage, Ribombee has seen a small amount of usage as a sticky web lead for these teams, which can prevent revenge killing, notably from speed booster energy Pokemon like Iron Valiant.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK report: week 4, from monday 16 to sunday 22

I'm heavily depressed, so no long intro

Technical Machines vs Orange Islanders

[October 21] Malekith vs aesf: Malekith starts by getting on a possition where he spun the hazards away while having rocks in aesf side, they do hot potato until pult gets screens and kills itself by curse, kommo-o gets a clangorous soul and a choice scarf from rotom, which means his sweep got denied, Dnite tera normals and keeps roosting untill back to full, gholdengo kills dnite, moth prepares for the last stand, with booster spa, and agility, there's one problem, he was not tera ghost, and his sweep died, the end.

[October 22] Isza vs Welli0u: This is not even a Pokémon battle anymore, this is just a Dungeons and Dragons dark fantasy metal role-play session where we are just stuck in dark souls and everyone has to kill one another to eat their flesh and survive the horrors that the GM decided to take out of his fat ass. Empoleon takes his sweet time to kill glimmora. Welli0u goes moon and kills empo, but valiant forces him out and kills ceruledge. zapdos cripples moon with paralyzes, and tusk finishes moon with ice spinner. Zamazenta gets an ID, but Dragapult 2 shots Zama with draco. And chips wake before dying. gliscor solos the wake and tusk kills the gambit.

[October 22] TPP vs Rubyblood: While it has been getting more traction, it is uncommon, so both players are using weavile. We start the match by constant double switching untill we TPP's weavile crits knock off Ruby's gliscor as he U-turns into samu-h, who flip turns into empoleon and gets gholdengo out and shadow balls chip the empo as he also flip turns, some more back and forth happens untill ruby catches TPP with tera ice tera blast zapdos. TPP's weavile kills Rubyblood's gliscor with ice shard, and samu kills empoleon. enamorus makes tusk explode with crit moonblast, and subs to trigger constant Make It Rain special drops, tera steels and runs away from samu into pult, u-turns into weavile who kill gholdengo with knock off, and dies by samu. on the final strech of the game, Zapdos kills enamorus with heat wave, lets weavile die to get a spa drop from pult, who then misses the second draco meteor, dies by tera blast ice and and tusk meets the same fate

Studio Gible vs Power Plant Dynamos

[October 22] Fogbound Lake vs Baloor: We star by rillaLOOR u-turning on heatran towards gliscLOOR as the heatran hits it for heavy damage, manages to get rocks before going to samu-h, both gliscLOOR and samu-h start trading with ceaseless edge and facade and with samu-h winning in the end, gets revenge killed by rillaLOOR who then gets revenge killed by heatran. Here comes LOORtales alola to set up veil, and goes straight into gholdenLOOR as ogerpon teal mask U-turns, fogbound's gliscor U-turns as gholdenLOOR nasty plots and kills heatran, gliscor and dragapult with a shadow ball before finally dying to ogerpon. Roaring LOOR smacks ogerpon, and here comes zamazenta, who makes an unbelievable 1v3 by killing roaring LOOR with a stone edge, and haxing Great LOOR with Ice Fang freeze, and after 3 ice fangs and 2 close combats, Great LOOR never thaws out, dies and LOORtales alola dies by heavy slam

[October 22] Piyush25 vs Separation: Pyush25 sets webs with his bnuuy, and then bnuuy goes to silly vacations in disneyland. enamorus 2 Shots Facade gliscor with LO boosted Moonblast, Tusk rushes headlong into clef, but survives and moonblast + sticky barb to tusk, and he dies, zama crits ghol with crunch and gets forced out. Dragonite sets up Dragon Dance and, with Life orb, clicks outrage untill everything but dirge dies. Both ghold and dirge tera water at the same time, but ghol out damages dirge with tbolt, winning the game

[October 22] mind gaming vs BIHI: We see Mind Gaming packing the xavgb team while bihi is using webs HO. We see Moth tera blasting ground to kill the dirge, samu puts some spikes via ceasless edge and tries to encore but fails. We see ribombee and samu-h doing constant damage to the enemy team, but recover makes it hard to keep up. Tusk knocks and spins and bulks up, but ID Mandy sends him packing, ribombee gets toxic. We see some stalling untill Dragapult comes in, tera ghost and sends tusk to the shadow realm. We see samu killing gliscor and moth killing clef, mandy kills samu, kills moon, dies by ghol, and milotic stalls ghold untill pult can just clean him out

Showdown Shoguns vs Uncharted Terrors

[October 22] blunder vs Procorphish: Procorphish starts the game by hitting lando hard with moonblast, but lando takes it and flings light ball to deal paralizys towards valiant and then securing rocks before dying. Blunder's valiant comes in to CM and tera steels to block toxapex's sludge bomb, Procorphish gets a vacum wave before dying to moonblast, dnite tera normals and gets packwatched with Focus Blast, Cinderace comes and also gets sent packing with the focus blast, uninstalls pex with psyshock and with that, valiant wins the game

[October 22] lax vs Joeshh: We start by psyshock dengo getting forced out by lando, here, both players have 1 mission, getting Roaring Moon in, whoever does it first wins, which lax manages to do, with the combination of roost, tera flying and acrobatics + knock off, kills hat, kingambit (with a crit, and kingambit was using Mental herb), kills Joeshh's roaring moon, and leaves oger at 10%, valiant kills the lando, volcanion kills moth and oger to win the game

[October 21] Storm Zone vs oldspicemike: We start by scarf rotom heavely damaging ribombee and hat coming in, moonblast and mystical fire are traded, tusk tera fires and kills hat, gets rocks and avoids hydro pump. ogerpon takes it, draco meteor from pul heavily damages rotom, Roaring Moon takes ogerpon, pult is packing double status and throws both at heatran, takes a magma storm and shuffles it out thanks to red card, comes back in and kills it with hex. Dragapult gets rotom with Draco Meteor. Scizor with life orb dual wingbeats sneasler and finishes the job with bullet punch. Takes the grassy glide, sd, grassy terrain ends and scizor wins the game with bullet punch

Arena Spartans vs Mt. Silver Foxes

[October 22] Lily vs Thiago Nunes: We start by rilla popping dengo's balloon, roaring moon starts hitting gliscor and kills set, zama hits him with stone edge but survies and forces him out with DD, dnite takes the hit and Thiago switches to gholdengo, he hits zama with Make it Rain and gets away with eject pack. BU tusk chips oger and gets destroyed by Ivy Cudgel, Moon comes back and kills dengo with acrobatics. Rilla bonks atales with wood hammer, and since he is banded rilla, moon can safely pick him out. dengo heavily damages oger and rilla uturns into ghol, who kills zama with grassy terrain recovery, and even with tera fire dnite, it cannot do 1v4

[October 20] Niko vs Carkoala: We see Niko using the team Xavgb used last week, let's see how he does. Volcanion traps the milotic, but mirror coat + being faster means Milotic can easily force volcanion out. SD Sitrus berry Scizor punches milotic into death, but gets forced out by dirge, who then burns the ting lu, whirlwinds it away into pult who U-turns right back into it, gets whirlwind into mandy and clef. Carkoala sacks Enam by healing wishing into Volcanion, who survives a draco meteor by pult but will die to spikes later, pult lives at 3 hp and ting lu dies of eq by gliscor, and then gliscor tera dragons and goes to mandy. Mandy gets to +4 defense and tusk gets to +4 attack, so both get into a war, one that tusk wins with a crit. Almost kills dirge too. But lives and torch songs him goodnight songs. Scizor kills pult but can kill gliscor, dragapult gets stalled out by protect stalling

[October 22] Ox the Fox vs mimilimi: Mili's ninetales gets an hypnosis on heatran, and uses this chance to go into gliscor, ox goes to rilla to tank the facade, gholdengo takes the wood hammer and pops heatran's balloon with MiR and gets away with eject pack. roaring moon comes in and gets a dd, but ox's heatran wakes up and W-o-Ws the roaring moon and does some damage to heatran and lando before dying, tusk spins off hazards and goes to ghol and gets nuzzled by hat. tusk tera poisons to survive rilla's grassy glide, forced him out with ice spinner and bulks up to get forced out, rilla also gets nuzzled. Ninetales comes in to set veil and sleep heatran again. Gliscor gets +3 and kills lando with facade, and leaves moon at 1 hp, but gets killed by atales who then gets killed by rilla. tusk finally bulks up and kills hat with a crit headlong rush, kills sneasler with another headlong, and dies by ep tera grass heatran, but gliscor facade finishes the job

Circuit Breakers vs Indigo Platoon

[October 20] Nat vs MichaelderBeste2: We start by seeing SD Gliscor trying to put in some work, gets forced out by mandi into clef and gets ran over by Ursa, spams subs with tornadus to chip ursa with burn damage, and with NP heavily damages Ting Lu, sadly, it misses the Heat Wave and gets blasted by clef. Nat's ting lu dies to Michael's ting lu and the latter puts a layer of spikes, Ghol nasty plots and shadow balls Volcanion but Nat tera dark and does 96% with flamethrower. Mandibuzz clears the field of hazards while Amoongus tries to fish for poison procs with sludge bomb but fails, at least gets the clef. Ursa kills ting lu. amoognus and mandi both go to war again, and amoongus wins this time, and with help of rillaboom and good prediction, Ursa wins before dying

[October 22] Sylveon used calm mind vs Finchinator: Kingambitnator gives head to alolan tales and dies while failing to hit hypnosis (kingambitnator had lum berry, so even if it hit, it would have done nothing), then kicks Sylveon's Roaring Moon in the balls, takes the knock off and hits the giddy to decimate it from reality, he got too distracted with dancing so Enamorus came and killed him with earth power before he could jump out of it. Hatterenator and sees Moth, so she retreats to Heatranator, who sets rocks and bans moth for not liking barbecue wings. Enamorus comes in to force heatranator out into Roaring nator, and kills enam with a 110 BP box of double-glazed premium Krispy Cream. Zamazenta sets up ID and kills Moonator with Body Press, heatranator comes back and teras into ghost and earth powers zama's sub, crunch doesn't do shit and heatranator ratios zama with earth power. Finally, valiant comes in to try to make the 1v4, Finch sacks Landorus-Tusk of the healthy meta and lets hatnator finish the game

[October 21] Highv0ltag3 vs zioziotrip: Stall vs 5 anti stall mons and gambit. From Highvoltage We see a weird team tho, with ogerpon and slowking, tera dark clodsire to take on stored power and draining kiss with ammnesia. Clef sacks herself to trade with moon, Ursa gets the corviknight, Hat nuzzles ogerpon, clodsire gets para haxed multiple times and loses against hat

quick stats

Code:
| 1    | Gliscor            |   13 |  43.33% |  53.85% |
| 1    | Roaring Moon       |   13 |  43.33% |  46.15% |
| 3    | Great Tusk         |   12 |  40.00% |  58.33% |
| 4    | Gholdengo          |   10 |  33.33% |  60.00% |
| 5    | Dragapult          |    8 |  26.67% |  62.50% |
| 5    | Rillaboom          |    8 |  26.67% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Clefable           |    7 |  23.33% |  57.14% |
| 8    | Kingambit          |    6 |  20.00% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Ting-Lu            |    5 |  16.67% |  60.00% |
| 9    | Iron Valiant       |    5 |  16.67% |  60.00% |
| 9    | Samurott-Hisui     |    5 |  16.67% |  60.00% |
| 9    | Heatran            |    5 |  16.67% |  60.00% |
| 9    | Dragonite          |    5 |  16.67% |  40.00% |
| 9    | Hatterene          |    5 |  16.67% |  40.00% |
| 9    | Iron Moth          |    5 |  16.67% |  20.00% |
| 9    | Zamazenta-*        |    5 |  16.67% |  20.00% |
Gliscor meta

Anyway, bye

Last edited:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK report: week 5, from monday 23 to sunday 29

Hey, hey, its me, with another week, we are having the mid-auctions and the mid-week and uh yeah, aside from my usual stats, I guess I can pull up some more stats and things, let's move it then, this week is packed and my schedule is tight

Mt. Silver Foxes vs Circuit Breakers

[October 29] Thiago Nunes vs Gondra: Webs get set up, bee dies, on to the next mon, samu-h misses the ceasless edge as gondra's mana acid armours, and misses again so mana kills it. moth tera fairy and tanks it but also gets killed, lando finally kills mana with eq. and gets killed by ice spinner tusk, nunes's manaphy kills tusk with scald and lets gambit battle dengo, who leaves tera fairy ghol at 4% with iron head before getting neutralized, valiant kills dengo with vacum wave, and survives the dnite eqs, which allows valiant to kill dnite with 2 moonblasts and to kill gambit with vacum wave

[October 27] Carkoala vs Sylveon used calm mind: Not gonna describe this one, Sylveon already did it for me, in his own words

:sylveon:: "131 turns, 70 of them were just gliscors sitting in front of each other"

[October 28] mncmt vs Nat: we see some back and forth in claiming the positioning, rilla hits ace with knock off, heatran sets rocks and ace gives him the flash fire boost and milotic burns rilla, heatran tera ghost to block spin, but tusk yeets himself and rolls over him with headlong rush. Valiant breaks milotic with moonblasts, and gets killed by dengo, hat kills ace, survives dengo with sash (hat healed rocks with kiss and terrain recovery) and activates trick room and mystically explodes on garg. ursa comes and kills garga, heavely damages mandibuzz and rilla hits tusk with fucking endeavor and finishes tusk with grassy glide. On the last stand, mandy tera poisons, and sneasler hits her with the dire claw, lucky sleep proc and finishes the game with a lash out

Uncharted Terrors vs Indigo Platoon

[October 29] Joeshh vs Finchinator: The match starts by both setting up hazards with ting lu, gliscornator gets a sd and gholdengo a nasty plot but glisconator gets forced out, switches come and go untill kingambitnator gives ting lu head and ting lu goes to the afterlife. tinglunator tanks ace and pressures clefable, lots of chip damage gets thrown around, dragapultnator tera dragons and drops 100 mochi donuts from the stratosphere to cinderace, killing him instantly, Clef makes dragapultinator U-turn turn into glowkinator, which throws the diapers of multiple Twitter users into ghold, leaving him at 6hp but with Ebola so down he goes. Amoongusnator proceeds to narrate a gen 8 ou SPL game to rotom wash, making the washing machine fall asleep. Clef sets up Calm Mind with her fake magic guards, finch forces ting lunator to stand on his knees over a pile of rice, which kills ting lunator, clefable spanks glowkinator in the ass until he dies, which gives dragapultnator free entry to curse clef, rotom and dnite into becoming McDonald's workers for the eternity in hell

[October 28] oldspicemike vs zioziotrip: both sides get rocks, ursa tries to break corv but can't. Clef is packing them fake magic guards, heatran traps and kills empoleon. weavile low kicks hat for the great amount of 1%, hat proceeds to crit ko gliscor with dazzling gleam, weavile comes back, tera ice and misses icicle crash. Sneasler does quick work of amoongus, and 1v1 trades itself to take down corv. Heatran tera ghost to avoid low kick, melts weavile and wins against clef thanks to an earth power crit

[October 27] xavgb vs MichaelderBeste2: we start by xavgb winning the pult speed tie, then goes to moon to tank volcanion and hits the knock off on clef packing sticky barb, gliscor pops heatran's balloon, and trades himself for heavy damage against volcanion. Michael's rilla kills moon via U-turn. Then proceeds to miss to gunk shots on clef, and clef tera steel a third time to really just kill sneasler. xavgb's rills kills volcanion and dies to michael's rilla. Tusk comes and tera poisons, bu, and it's fucking showtime boys, 1 headlong, clef goes down, 2 headlongs, boom, here goes zama, 1 ice spinner, rilla goes down and it's forfeit

Orange Islanders vs Arena Spartans

[October 29] hellnom vs Niko: a9t sets screens and gets iron head twice, rilla sd and hits a low kick gambit, tanks the sludge wave and knocks off the item and switches out into sneasler, who kills moth with a +2 shadow claw and gets killed by Niko's tusk, who gets killed by moon, who gets killed by wake, who gets killed by ogerpon-w, who then also kills dnite, and hellnom's tusk wins against zama with bu

[October 29] Wolf vs Taka: Wolf sets webs while Taka just swats down the bee and moon gets rilla with acro, dnite comes in and eats the knock off and dragon claws its life away, but not before getting taunted. dnite pops the balloon and lets samu-h take the Make It Rain, bonks the tusk before going to ghol, and kills tusk with shadow ball. Moth kills dengo with fiery dance and gets a SpA boost aside from its booster SpA boost, and with tera fairy, makes the 1v5. it is remarkable that dnite was packing tera poison

[October 27] Welli0u vs Sage: again with the embrace the darkness thing, bro I already said the orange cat energy would be better but okay. Both users brought "interesting" hazard stacking teams, sage sets rocks and tspikes, welli0u sets rocks and spikes, and welli0u's ting lu wins the eq 1v1. After some back and forth, ting lu dies from poison, weavile chips zapdos, dragapult chips dirge and oger, glowking poisons dirge and pivots into pult who kills it, kills weavile with draco meteor, burns the oger and lets glowking finish the battle

Power Plant Dynamos vs Technical Machines

[October 29] Baloor vs Isza: RIBOMLOOR sets webs and dies of Iszaitis, MANALOOR gets a tail glow and surfs over glowking, and gets revenge killed by rillaboom. DNITELOOR sets up as Isza goes to tusk, tanks the outrage and kills it with ice spinner, GHOLDENLOOR kills tusk with shadow ball. heatran is back in the field, misses 2 magma storms and Isza is forced to go to Hydreigon, who pops the balloon with dark pulse and kills it with knock off from rilla. GREAT LOOR and almost gets rilla, but rilla endeavors and gets GREAT LOOR to 6%, heatran gets sacked and rilla revenge kills GREAT LOOR, and sneasler deals with KINGAMBITLOOR. And everybody went to six flags and had fun

[October 29] DAHLI vs TPP: glimmora sets up hazards and moon knocks gambit's leftovers, manaphy kills gambit with a +3 scald, and thanks to the red health by kowtow + sucker punch, activates custap berry and kills dragapult with ice beam. dnite tera steels and runs away from tusk after missing the hurricane, corvi manages to defog hazards and gets his helmet knocked out, goes for the ID but moon counters with taunt, making it impossible to roost, runs away from mana into dnite, who misses the hurricane again and gets killed by tusk. corv sits on mana's face, valiant comes in and does a CM while gliscor comes in as well, and misses the toxic, and then misses the toxic again, valiant hits focus miss on garga, turning him into dust, and valiant tera ghosts and spams shadow balls to corv untill the end

[October 28] BIHI vs Malekith: glim getting rocks and tspikes, and we see scizor getting encored by clef, gliscor kills glimmora, tera dragons gliscor poisons gren and chips scizor, scizor predicts protect and sd 2 times and kills kingambit, ace comes and court changes as scizor tera dragons knock off ace and KOs it, predicts the protect again and sd again, 4 bullet punches later, BIHI wins

Showdown Shoguns vs Studio Gible

[October 28] blunder vs Piyush25: piyush is forced to sack tusk to get rocks because heatran has air balloon, manaphy sets up blunder's rilla grassy glides and U-turns into pult who kill mana, moltres galar comes in and gets instantly thunder waved and paralized, gets forced out by rillaboom into piyush's rilla and gets smacked by acro. Sneasler tera ghost and sds and oh wait crit acro. Moltres comes again and does chestoresto combo, but it doesn't matter, tera flying acro, and we got a 6-0

[October 29] Storm Zone vs Fogbound Lake: from the preview, we see fogbound packing arcanine and slowking. The match starts with ogerpon encoring gliscor to pp stall scor in the future, U-turns on the rocky helmet clef and slowking eats the knock off, clef encores slowking in future sight and both switch out into their dark types. After some back and forth, Gliscor sd and Corviknight is ready to finally be usefull for once, and he gets frozen, and gliscor 6-0s the game

[October 28] lax vs mind gaming: Okay, so Lax is packing very peculiar BO, with sinitcha and the combo of Lando + Ace + Goodra-H. Mind decides to not go for webs and just get damage on goodra with ribombee, moon chipping lando and gets killed by eq. enam subs and explodes ace with earth power. goodra kills dengo, but not before getting spedef drop which lax doesn't notice, costing him the goodra against enam, tusk kills dnite, sinitcha kills tusk with matcha gotcha. Enam kisses sinitcha, and she heals back to full health, which is enough to do the 1v4 win the game

Quick stats time

Code:
| 1    | Great Tusk         |   15 |  50.00% |  46.67% |
| 2    | Rillaboom          |   10 |  33.33% |  60.00% |
| 2    | Dragapult          |   10 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Dragonite          |    9 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 4    | Gliscor            |    9 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Roaring Moon       |    8 |  26.67% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Kingambit          |    8 |  26.67% |  37.50% |
| 6    | Gholdengo          |    8 |  26.67% |  37.50% |
| 9    | Heatran            |    7 |  23.33% |  85.71% |
| 9    | Sneasler           |    7 |  23.33% |  85.71% |
| 9    | Clefable           |    7 |  23.33% |  28.57% |
Gliscor meta lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fuck this mon, tusk is taking the throne back tho. Aside from that, Roaring Moon got banned, which means, HO teams will need some form of replacement, who do you think its gonna be?
Since we are in the middle of the tournament, I'm also gonna rank the OU players based on their records, please remember that all these people are great players, so no one should be underestimated

Mind Gaming 5-0
RubyBlood 4-0
mncmt 4-0
xavgb 4-0
Isza 3-0
Thiago Nunes 2-0
mimilimi 1-0

aesf 1-0
sage 1-0
Hellnom 1-0

Fogbound Lake 4-1
Finchinator 4-1
Niko 3-2
oldspicemike 3-2
Storm Zone 3-2
Nat 3-2
DAHLI 2-1
BIHI 2-1

Lily 2-2
Wolf 2-2
Piyush25 1-1
3d 0-0

Joeshh 2-3
Sylveon used calm mind 2-3
Malekith 2-3
Welli0u 2-3
zioziotrip 2-3
blunder 2-3
lax 2-3

Michaelderbest2 2-3
z0mOG 1-2
Togkey 1-2
Highv0ltag3 1-3
Carkoala 1-4

Ash ketchum gamer 0-1
Gondra 0-1
Jytcampbell 0-1
Taka 0-1

Procorphish 0-1
Baloor 0-2
clean 0-2

Aberforth 0-2
Ox The Fox 0-3
Separation 0-4
TPP 0-5

Before giving the final thanks, the mid-season auction ended and The Power Plant Dynamos have purchased 3d, who plays SV OU, PU and UU, how will he perform in OU? Follow the 1LDK report to find out
And that's all, thank you for keeping up with this project and I hope you continue to like it and show support towards this tournament

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK report: week 6, from monday 30 to sunday 5

Hey, sorry for being late to this report, I had uni things to worry about, its the time when test, allergies and desperation flies everywhere, and so, I'm victim of that, the good thing is, I can make it out alive at the low cost of my mental sanity, but I know none of you people care about me so lets just jump right into it

Studio Gible vs Uncharted Terrors

[November 5] Fogbound Lake vs procorphish: corphish gets an early lead by mindfucking sneasler with psychic, and U-turns on the dnite to bring zamazenta, dnite switches to ghol who eats the stone edge perfectly fine, but samu-h eats a crit MiR, misses the ceaseless edge into mandy and gets away. Moth almost gets the moltres but survives at 1HP, enamorus therian cm and kills moltres, dengo comes in and procorphish sacks samu, after some U-turns, enam comes again and hits ghold, who finally kills moth and weavile kills dengo. And then here, the matrix breaks, fogbound lake gets tusk in against enam as he tera ice BUs, and ask showdown to decide for him, and kills tera poison enam with the headlong rush of the century and gets the lando as well, zama kills it, but its too weak and dnite + mandibuzz clean

[November 4] z0mOG vs oldspicemike: we see a war of attrition, filled with trades and chips, of all kind, someone tries to set up, gets denied, repeat, we see BU tusk tera poison to try and get something bu unaware clef denies it. Turn 48 we finally see some action in Mike's ting lu getting to red health and sacrificing himself for spikes and ace revenge killing oger with U-turn. Gholdengo kills tusk, which means spikes damage will stack, enam kills gholdengo with moonblast, ace kills enam with pyro ball and z0mOG forfeits

[November 5] mind gaming vs xavgb: we see a bulky offense team on xvagb with enamorus-therian, landorus-therian, dirge and rilla/oger/gren. lando gets burned, we see taunt lando and ice fang gliscor going at it, gren puts spikes, gren puts spikes pressures and eats a toxic, both gliscor and gren trade for each other, scarf dengo kills tusk and rillaboom bonks ting lu. volcanion tanks oger and w-o-ws her, she encores and runs into dirge, who heavely damages dirge and xavgb sacks oger. rilla bonks gholdengo, dragapult misses the WoW which allows rilla to get behind dirge, who gets twaved and dies to hex, but rilla rks, then tera grass to bonk valiant and bonk volcanion

Technical Machines vs Showdown Shoguns

[November 5] Isza vs blunder: We see a rare rain team these days from Isza, while Blunder is going with the Xavgb 6, the wincon here for isza is to carefully maneuver with thundurus for massive wall breaking, while blunder has to get rid of thundurus, blunder tera waters dirge to help in protection from barraskewda, isza sleeps the clef with amoongus and later gets it with thundurus, but gets killed in a risky trade vs Milotic, she gets killed by barraskeada and rain gets back up, now we see both players putting their attackers and walls so that they won't die, pult gets tusk with hex, and gets pelipper with U-turn, and once barraskewda gets burned, It's pretty much over

[November 5] TPP vs lax: dragapult buffs tran with wow and tran melts lando with magma, but lando gets rocks up, gren lays spikes and heatran gets rocks and both switch out to rilla and dragapult and both double to heatran and oger, oger knocks as heatran magmas her and TPP sacks maushold to ivy, here gholdengo tera fairys and trades scarf to sneasler (fun fact: it now has 1017 speed) isza locks into dire claw which means free gambit, iron head into rilla and rilla low kick into pult. sneasler locks into cc which means free pult, hex the sneasler, misses a wow and heatran eats it but equally dies to it. Valiant time, oger gets sacked, and tera fairys for max damage against gambit and kingambit rks with iron head, tusk spins and kills gambit with headlong rush, boots greninja kills tusk and becomes battle bond but gets forced out by pult. And here, TPP rolls not 1 but 2 D20s and gets the best scenario possible, what's that scenario? draco meteor gets a low roll and lives by 1 hp so that he can kill with knock off, gren rks with shuriken and now, he vs sneasler, he gets the 2/5 low roll and just like that, lax loses

[November 3] Malekith vs Storm Zone: We start by glimm getting rocks and kingambit getting fusilated by fire blast, scarf enam hits dragapult with focus sash but pult lives and hits her with shadow ball for the chip before finally dying, sneasler sets up and kills glim with shadow claw, rilla tera grass and gets a low roll grassy, which ends in dire claw one shotting rilla, zama comes in and kills malekith's rilla with grassy glide, sneasler dies by rocks. Valiant sets up 2 cms with tera ghost but dies to storm zone's volcanion, zama gets everyone but scizor, who is slower than volcanion and dies

Arena Spartans vs Power Plant Dynamos

[November 5] Jytcampbell vs Kushalos: We see Jytcampbell use a hybrid style team of sun and grassy terrain with Chandelure. We see ninetails and rilla starting, with a double on torkoal to dispose of veil, and torkoal recreates the Eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD on that poor ninetails. manaphy comes in and gets a tail glow, tera poison + ice beam makes quick work of rillaboom, hat comes in and mana just shoots her with tera poison tera blast, and then she rails heatran and rails chandelure before ace finally coming in to tera fire pyro ball in sun, but at that point its too late. Jytcampbell said that the chandelure was trick room tho

[November 5] Ox the Fox vs DAHLI: We see DAHLI packing rain in the year of our lord DLC1. We start by Ox stacking hazards with ting lu, dragapult draco meteors clodsire, activating his eject button into barraskewda, who flip turns into oger for damage on zama, he then sets ups screens and steel beams himself out. ghold comes in, gren forces him out into valiant, who eats a surf and DAHLI sacks clodsire for, flip turns again into oger who misspredicts and lets pult kill pelipper, barra kills manaphy, ting lu tera ghost to revenge kill it, oger hits a low roll on ghold, activating the ghoLENGo salac berry heat and kill it with shadow ball. and on the final timer, gren gets the boost and does the 1v4

[November 3] Sage vs BIHI: Tusk gets haxed turn one and fucking dies, then the zama named KARMA appears, the joke writes for itself, zama and moth trade for each other. manaphy comes in to RK, but wake takes it like a champ, who hits dragon pulses towards weavile, who takes it and flinches wake and kills it with beat up. manaphy sets on a low health zama and kills it with surf, and gets RK by sucker punch from Sage's gambit, iron heads the sneasler and kills it with tera dark sucker punch. Cleaves throw rilla with kowtow. BIHI's gambit wins the speedtie and kills sage's gambit, kills moth and kills dnite to win the game

Circuit Breakers vs Orange Islanders

[November 5] Gondra vs Rubyblood: We start by Gondra putting the webs as garga just curses, manaphy comes in and garga tera poisons to give no fucks and continue to stall with recover, untill manaphy is bellow 25% and she is forced to run away, gholdengo does the same, but this time RubyBlood doubles into gambit as Gondra does into sneasler. Garchomp comes in and tera waters to kill gliscor from a +2 liquidation, kingambit pops sneasler balloon and goes to chomp, garg gets in and gondra sacks gholdengo. Garga takes the eq and salt cures chomp, allowing for a double where Corviknight DEFFOGED HAZARDS, LADYS AND GENTELMENT IT HAPPENED. Garga tanks multiple psychics and kills ribombee, dnite kills manaphy, kills kingambit, and cripples sneasler into garga range, and corvi sits on chomp to win the game. Man I cant belive corv was actually usefull for once

[November 5] Sylveon used calm mind vs Wolf: we start by ursaluna activating flame orb and smashing zapdos into a pulp, the bloodiest of alfas predicts protect and NPs and with shadow ball and Psyshock, Clodsire cannot handle it, so dirge tera dragons, and ghol tera fairys dazzling gleam and gets a low roll, then clef eats a shadowball and chockes on another. Dragapult finaly puts an end to it, zama tries to set up but clodsire denies it, so rilla decides to give it a try and OHKOs with Wood Hammer. Dragapult revenge kills, sneasler gets burned and burried, hat trs + healing wish into ursa who cannot be stopped, and zama cleans pult.

[November 4] Nat vs Welli0u: Welli0u is using mamoswine which is instant w in my book. We see Nat's samu-h tera electric turn 1 to trade with zapdos, we also see toxic support moth, after some back and forth, Nat gets in with her clef and some CMs, to which Welli0u answers with crit + flinch icicle crash from mamo, forcing her out into corv, who U-turns into tusk, who then rapid spins, kills mamo with headlong and ohkos zapdos with ice spinner, valiant kills clef, gets forced by moth into gliscor and forced moth into corv, both boost their specialties until Welli0u gets gholdengo to T-wave in. We see some back and forth untill dengo sets NP and kills nat's samu with hex, he also kills dragapult but not before getting heavily damaged, but with boots knocked off, and tera flying with less than 25%, ghol is basically dead. Valiant encores the moth, but it stays and kills Welli0u's samu with sludge wave, valiant also kills moth with knock off, but corviknight at this point just win

Indigo Platoon vs Mt. Silver Foxes

[November 5] zioziotrip vs mncmt: We start by enam forcing wake into torkoal, with eject pack, into air balloon ceruledge, that leaves ting lu in red with crit bitter blade, and kills it. zio's Enam kills mncmt's enam with sub + tera fairy moonblast. kingambit comes in and forces enam out into tusk, who hits wake hard with a headlong rush, wake kill tusk with hydro steam, oger gets + 2 and kills torkoal with ivy and mncmt loses due to phone lagging and timing out

[November 5] Achimoo vs Carkoala: We webs gaming, carko doubles tusk into moth, tera grass dnite and kills it with sludge wave, gets rk by enamorus, Carkoala's ghol kills the bee gaming with tbolt, Achimoo's Ghol kills tusk, manaphy trades itself for carkoala's ballon on dengo, which lets enam kill it back with ep and she sweeps the game

[November 5] Finchinator vs mimilimi: We begin the last match of this review by mimilimi flinging light ball at heatranator as he burns lando with a ratio on twitter, dragapultantor comes as lando gets rocks in, and burns a9t with another ratio on twitter, ninetails sets veil as he hexes into manaphy, dragapultnator drops 10 billion hot wings into manaphy, leaving mana at 2 hp and eating the ice beam thanks to focus sash, before finally dying to rillaboom, heatranator cannot punish the manaphy switch in due to hax, and I think Finch did a missclick or something because he did not grassy and let rilla die, and he laughed in the chat idk, he will probably tell me in private and i will have to edit this rambling. Kingambitnator comes in and gives head to lando, gives head to manaphy and hits the giddy while bathing in boiling water, kills manaphy with head, ninetails sets vail but the sexgambitnator will not be stopped, as his final action in this world, he sucker punches lando in the balls as he dies to a magnitude 8.4 in ritcher scale. Great Tuskinator comes in, tera poisons and does iligal doping and steroid abuse as mimilimi goes to rilla and then lucha to activate the boost. hawlucha taunts finch, so tusknator kicks him with ice spinner but does little thanks to defense boost + screens, lucha roost and gets an sd, veil runs out so tusknator can finally go nuts, he spins and rolls over lando the same way a GTA driver rolls over innocent children, sneasler tera darks and gets lucky dire claw para, but finch gets tired and decides to use 000000000.1% of his power and bends reality to his will in such way that para never activates and sweeps the game with tuskinator

Quick stats time

Code:
| 1    | Gholdengo          |   11 |  36.67% |  45.45% |
| 2    | Great Tusk         |   10 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Dragapult          |   10 |  33.33% |  40.00% |
| 2    | Kingambit          |   10 |  33.33% |  40.00% |
| 5    | Sneasler           |    9 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Rillaboom          |    9 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 7    | Gliscor            |    7 |  23.33% |  57.14% |
| 7    | Manaphy            |    7 |  23.33% |  42.86% |
| 9    | Iron Valiant       |    6 |  20.00% |  33.33% |
| 10   | Dragonite          |    5 |  16.67% |  80.00% |
| 10   | Enamorus           |    5 |  16.67% |  60.00% |
| 10   | Ogerpon-Wellspring |    5 |  16.67% |  60.00% |
| 10   | Zamazenta-*        |    5 |  16.67% |  40.00% |
| 10   | Iron Moth          |    5 |  16.67% |  40.00% |
| 10   | Ting-Lu            |    5 |  16.67% |  40.00% |
Gholdengo is becoming more and more the face of the meta, while controlling the meta from the shadows, he finally decided to move to the light

And that's it for today, once again I'm sorry for being so late, I really needed some extra time, see you all week 7

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I think Finch did a missclick or something because he did not grassy and let rilla die, and he laughed in the chat idk, he will probably tell me in private and i will have to edit this rambling.
Nah, I just predicted the switch to Rillaboom to save the low Manaphy and U-turned instead of Grassy Gliding. It was an over-prediction on my behalf and a good stay on my opponent’s behalf.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK report: week 7, from monday 6 to sunday 12

Hello everyone welcome to another week of the SIGMA GRIND SET where I will teach you how to shit your pants in public at will, this will help you in either generating free passages to another areas or to assert dominance over that girl who looked at you and giggled a bit

Uncharted Terrors vs Mt. Silver Foxes

[November 12] Inder vs mncmt: we see mncmt running a weird sd + U-turn + toxic gliscor, which takes 50% of rilla's health and poisons ace before dying, ting lu gets rocks before being killed by oger-c, garga chips and dips dirge, oger gets corvi, and mncmt's oger-t, weavile gets rilla, dirge stalls weavile but oger-c finishes it before dying and garga gets weavile

[November 12] Meru vs Thiago Nunes: we start by tera normal sd gliscor getting walled by them fake magic guards clef, samu-h stacks hazards and pulls up with the rest strats, cinderace manages to change the court, samu-h tera electrics and gets a defense drop on zapdos, allowing it to ko, zama misses the stone edge and samu gets another defense drop, misses again and samu takes it, and at this point TNunes realizes theres nothing left to do

[November 11] oldspicemike vs Drifting: in this messy one we see U-turns and chip flying all over the place, everyone gets a chance to U-turn until we see weavile claiming Drifting's samu-h, clef tera poisons to survive zama (she is packing them fake magic guards), dengo almost gets moth but escapes with 2hp, Mike's gliscor nails ting lu with a toxic, weavile finishes ting lu. zama manages to get clef and gliscor, dnite fucks over dengo, moth gets sacked for sneasler going into zama, dnite gets sneasler. weavile trips zama with low kick, and on the final strecht, samu pulls up with rest + sleep talk and gets gliscor while sleeping and dnite wins the game

Orange Islanders vs Indigo Platoon

[November 12] Rubyblood vs zioziotrip: Rillaboom starts hammering his way into gliscor, gliscor tanks it and sds, gets a low roll on dengo with knock off and dengo gets a NP to hit moth with shadow ball, hat installs tr and kills herself by healing wish, gliscor tera normal to survive ice punch and knocks off ursa's flame orb, but crit headlong rush and its like nothing happened. rilla receives the wish that allows it to tank moonblast and U-turn on valiant into ghol who dies by shadow ball, sneasler sets up and +2 tera ghost crit shadow ball disintegrates clef from the face of the planet, leaving only the sticky barb as memory, kills everyone but slowking before dying but slowking johto vs rilla is not something you would call hard

[November 12] Welli0u vs Potatochan: To prepare for this match, Welli0u spent the whole day without eating, because he wanted to embrace the fries, cheese, sausage, meat, chicken, all topped with wine sauce, mustard, ketchup, mayo garlic, a 3 liter coke bottle, cokaine, and other delicacies the world can give you. Heatran 2HKOs sd gliscor with Magma Storm, burns samu-h and gets rocks up, dragapult U-turns into ting lu who burns it and magmas it until it actually wins the 1v1 before being finally put down by sneasler. Tusk loses the 1v1 against corviknight, tera fires to survive w-o-w from pult, but he pulls up with twave so corv dies, wins the speed tie and kills potato-chan's pult and sneasler does the 1v2.

[November 12] Wolf vs Finchinator: balancenator vs bloody HO, valiant trades herself for heavy damage on glisconator while he lies about his emotional health, sub tera flying tera blast dd waterfall gyarados tries to set up, and kills glisconator by forcing him to shower, gets stopped by a crit from them fake magic guards clefanator, ceruledge forces her out into doggonator, and he gets his comfy shoes cursed, gets a defense drop on tusk, pult tanks the pium pium pium, so heatranator comes in, as he set up screens, tusk removes spikes as heatranator traps him on the shadow prison thingy from JJK. gyarados tries to put work but gets denied again, ceru makes heatranator horny and tries to flirt with pult, but he just put screens in front of him, meaning he doesn't want anything, and kills itself so that he can never see heatranator again, then there's like 10000000000 of stall where gyarados tries to dom clefanator, but she will not stand to this oppression and defeats the evil patriarchy, and then finch wins. The end

Power Plant Dynamos vs Circuit Breakers

[November 12] Kushalos vs Highv0ltag3: Sun vs Fat balance, clef knocks torkoal's heat rock as he sets up rocks, my guy is packing C H A R I Z A R D (with choice scarf) but v0ltag3 is using fat so its not like he is losing much, he vaporizes milotic with solar beam, wake balls up amoongus with specs booster spa draco meteor. after some back and forth hat eject buttons herself back into wake who dies from 10 degree burns. ace kills with a crit u-turn, bonnet spores corvi, and severly injures ace, but still lives and kills torkoal with crit pyro ball, hat dies from moonblast, corviknight gets his ass open by sun boosted weather ball, ace kills zard, on the long final streech, clef gets pressured into healing and bonnet manages to spore her, and shoots at her untill she finally dies, then he plays sucker punch mind games with ace, which loses, but tusk just cleans

[November 11] DAHLI vs Nat: We see Nat using stall with wrap milotic, tera electric dirge and toxic spikes gliscor, but DAHLI had heatran + rillaboom, so it was an easy win that led to nat getting angry and showing unsportsmanship (update she got banned for this LMAOOOOOOOO)

[November 10] BIHI vs Sylveon used calm mind: bee stuns spores clef, sets webs and goes to war with gliscor (she loses) tusk puts the work and thanks to a big predict + hurricane miss, he takes down zapdos. Dirge tera waters, takes it and burns tusk, sylveon goes to mana and subs up, pressuring dirge with the energy balls and kills, BIHI's zama takes a lot from scald but kill manaphy. Sylveon's zama IDs and overpowers sd gliscor, and 1v4s BIHI's team

Showdown Shoguns vs Arena Spartans

[November 12] lax vs Niko: lax is using fat balance while niko is using the choice specs weezing revolution, pivots, doubles, chip damage, they all fly and expand, tera fairy gliscor blocks cb dnite and badly poisons it, later on the game, weather ball zapdos gets tusk, with rocks and constant pivoting, weezing galar is out of the fight as well but not before taking samu-h with him. zama packs the dnite, dirge puts a divorce on the maus family, survives wake and kills it with hex and zapdos finishes the match

[November 12] Storm Zone vs Ox the Fox: Ox is bringing the sun team we have been seeing from some time now, while sz is bringing an interesting variation of weezing-galar, enam abuses gliscor but oger-w forces her out in fear of encore, gambit fucking dies to sun boosted flamethrower, ceruledge gets a BU and kills moltres, tera grass to get oger, gets another and brawls with gambit but wins the exchange, weezing tries to put fear in ceru, but bitter blade puts an end to the madness, crit shadow sneak into dragapult and gliscor cannot break

[November 12] blunder vs Sage: The Ceo of The Agency is using an interesting team with Okidogi. Enamorus dispatches the treads, and samu. okidogi tries to put in some work, but tusk comes in and ice spinners dengo, runs over the valiant, and goes to ceruledge, valiant fails to ko ceru and allows him to bitter blade val to death, okidogi overpowers ceruledge, which gives enam a free turn to get sun back up and let wake clean

Studio Gible vs Technical Machines

[November 10] z0mOG vs TPP: Heatran starts the match by trying to get ting lu burned, whirlwind drags kingambit in, which he utilizes to sd, eat the spore with lum berry and eat amoongus. They pivot around as spikes get stacked on z0mOG's side. After some time, sneasler gets dragged in and SDs + crit one-shots dengo with shadow claw, ting lu tera poisons and just drags him away, the residual damage is catching up to him too and gets killed by hex pult. clefable tries to set-up cm with them fake magic guards and kills pult, but snealser forces her out, gliscor runs away from tusk, allowing him to spin, which allows rilla to shit on clef, with a lot of double switches here and there, tusk finally gets gliscor and torn-t

[November 12] Fogbound Lake vs Isza: Sun vs balance, isza is using the sun team we have seen getting popular, which means eject pack torkoal, BU ceruledge, specs booster wake trying to break, sub enam, who gets forced out by sneasler, tusk dies to mola, gholdengo takes another draco, gambit gets para, but forces zarude to recover untill enam gets to come back, where she cripples zarude and mola. ceru gets zapdos with bitter blade, and taunts gliscor to avoid the toxic. eventually sneasler gets torkoal. enam manages to finally kill dengo, wake misses draco on mola, kingambit tera flying and gets a +2, since he is para he cannot be badly poisoned, and bonks gliscor to death, sucker punch into sneasler and he is gone, sadly he gets encored, zarude tera poisons to tank enam's moonblast and knocks her off, after a lot of kowtows, zarude finally dies. Fogbound decides to ask showdown dice what to do, and showdown rolls good decision and gets killed by mola, and with poison + scald + spikes damage, neither wake nor ceruledge can win the 2v1

[November 12] mind gaming vs Malekith: glimm sets hazards while oger gets her way in, ceruledge poltergeists but no problem for ivy cudgel, val comes in but sneasler tanks the knock off and KOs glimm, takes half tusk's health and dies to the headlong rush. Wake comes in and kills tusk and valiant before dying to poison damage, hawlucha and sneasler prepare for an epic showdown, and hawlucha encores sneasler and with tera flying, it secures the win

stats time

Code:
| 1    | Gliscor            |   15 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 2    | Great Tusk         |   12 |  40.00% |  58.33% |
| 3    | Sneasler           |   10 |  33.33% |  70.00% |
| 4    | Clefable           |    8 |  26.67% |  37.50% |
| 5    | Rillaboom          |    7 |  23.33% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Zamazenta-*        |    7 |  23.33% |  57.14% |
| 5    | Samurott-Hisui     |    7 |  23.33% |  42.86% |
| 8    | Kingambit          |    6 |  20.00% |  66.67% |
| 8    | Walking Wake       |    6 |  20.00% |  66.67% |
| 8    | Gholdengo          |    6 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
The gliscor meta is coming to an end thanks to its ban, what kind of direction will the meta take? Who are gonna be the top 4 in these 2 remainder weeks? let's keep up with the 1LDK report to find out, see you next week

kd458

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Threat Of The Week: Week 8

I was pretty curious how the tier stacks up offensively and how different 'top threats' in the tier have been performing, so I decided to write up the actual kill and death numbers of every mon in each game of SCL OU; Welcome to Threat Of The Week! This project will be collating the K:D ratios of each mon, but more importantly the differential, or rather the number of kills a mon gets subtracting the number of times it faints. Maybe I'll do a retrospective of some weeks, who knows, but I'll stick to the current week for now and provide a weekly recap over the rest of the tour for OU. Here we'll talk in particular about both the most oppressive mons of the week and those who have underperformed, particularly ones with high usage, but I'll provide a segment at the end with the full rankings along with some honourable mentions.

First, we'll be taking a look at the high-usage mons (brought to at least 5 games) that performed consistently in the tier across a number of matches:

#1: Sneasler
1700500839721.png

Differential: +18, K:D: 3, Uses: 17

Coming at the surprise of absolutely nobody, Sneasler was the clear kill leader of week 8, picking up 27 over the course of the week: 15% of all Pokémon this week went down to a Sneasler, and out of every game there was only one without this mon at least making an appearance, 7 games ending by Sneasler either sweeping or cleaning up. The MVP of the week was from BIHI vs Finch, where funnily enough the rarer Fake Out - Poison Touch pivot set picked up 4 kills by cleaning up a weakened team. With a differential lead of 13 over the next highest mon, this was definitely an overbearing presence in the meta and it's probably a good thing that we won't be seeing any more of it for the rest of SCL.

#3: Kingambit
1700503768498.png

Differential: +4, K:D: 2, Uses: 6

Despite the prevalence of Fighting types in the tier and most teams packing at least some form of dedicated answer, Kingambit still ends up as the next highest differential behind Sneasler and a less-used mon that'll be discussed later. Gambit was brought to 6 games and picked up 8 kills across them, with one game-end in Ox the Fox vs z0mOG where it SD'd and cleaned vs 3 weakened attackers as the last mon standing. Even when he's not getting 50% usage in the tier, Kingambit is a top threat and has been putting up numbers over the last week, reaching a clear #3 in the standings.

#6: Zapdos
1700507110762.png

Differential: +3, K:D: 1.6, Uses: 7

In a post-Gliscor world, Zapdos has risen to be the premier Flying-type in the tier with both a strong offensive presence and a great defensive role as a check to physical threats. Most Zapdos have served as primarily the latter, with its power as a much appreciated upside that allows it to take out the mons that it checks; although it wasn't enough to save the game, in Wolf v Drifting, Drifting's Zapdos took down a Greninja, a Rillaboom and a Tera Flying Dragonite before finally going down to Sneasler. Paralysis spam is back in a big way, and so is the #1 spreader of it.

Next, we'll be analysing some of the lower usage mons that put up strong numbers when they were brought:

#2: Skeledirge
1700502653678.png

Differential: +5, K:D: 3.5, Uses: 3

Skeledirge picked up a high differential and a massive K:D, in large part due to CTC's picking up 4 kills into a team ill-equipped to deal with it. It did only get used 3 times and these results are not indicative of it being a dominating threat, instead showing off its defensive capabilities into the tier right now. Perhaps we're at the cusp of a Skeledirge renaissance?

#4: Toxapex
1700509538703.png

Differential: +3, K:D: 3, Uses: 1

Toxapex came to one game this week but put up some big numbers in that game, not only getting 3 kills but surviving to close out the game after taking down a weakened Sneasler and Heatran and 1v1ing a Specs Dragapult with Tera Dark. Maybe Pex isn't too bad even when it's not on full stall, who knows... Very strong performance from a mon that's often (understandably) cited as having one of the biggest fall-offs of any mon post-Gen 8.

#5: Cinderace
1700508270686.png

Differential: +3, K:D: 2.5, Uses: 4

Cinderace picked up 5 kills in 4 games, proving itself as a strong form of hazard removal that also offensively threatens a large portion of the tier. 4 of those kills however came from a single battle, where in blunder vs Gondra Ace immediately Tera Fire'd and forced the issue whenever it hit the field, clutching up with a Sucker Punch to finish off Dragapult and clean up the game.

To finish off, let's look at some of the mons with a subpar differential this week:

Note that, while some mons have a pretty bad differential, this doesn't really reflect their actual performances; for example, Ting-Lu was our last place mon with a -7 differential but still had a 50% win rate over 10 games and Lu is also not a mon that comes out and gets kills itself, instead picking up its few kills from sacs to hazards. Similarly, Greninja was 1-3 this week but won every game it was in while getting off chip for the team, and so it won't be named and shamed here. Even Rillaboom ended the week with a -4 differential, placing it second lowest on the standings, but it won 57% of its games and was often used as a sacrifice to bring in broken Mr. #1 for free.

#43: Walking Wake
1700514353474.png

Differential: -2, K:D: 0, Uses: 2

An unfortunate week for Walking Wake, with both of its appearances ending in a loss where Wake essentially accomplished nothing. Rubyblood brought a Sun team where Wake only came out as a last mon to get OHKOd by Iron Valiant, while Achimoo's Booster Sp.Atk Walking Wake got off 54% on a Tail Glow Manaphy before going down. Maybe it's a sign of Sun falling even further out of favour, but Wake's had it rough and may be struggling to find a place in OU for the time being.

#45: Landorus-Therian
1700512796516.png

Differential: -3, K:D: 0.25, Uses: 4

With both an 0.25 K:D and a 25% win rate, Lando-T had a much less successful week in OU than it was hoping for with its biggest competitor in Gliscor being banned. Although managing to get Rocks up in most of its games, it only got a single kill in a losing game by London Beats vs lax, and even then this was only achieved as a Tusk clicked Head Smash into its Rocky Helmet. It could still be over for the Landobros... let's just hope this is a bad week and he'll be back in form soon.

47: Ogerpon-Wellspring
1700513901851.png

Differential: -3, K:D: 0, Uses: 3

Look how they massacred my girl... With not only no kills but also no wins, Waterpon is this week's biggest loser, seemingly unable to catch a break and never really getting a chance to shine. Even regular Ogerpon went negative with a -1 differential, while Ogerpon-C failed to make a single appearance. Is it truly Oger? Or will this powerful mon be able to make a comeback in the next few weeks? It remains to be seen, but after a horrible week there's a lot for Ogerpon-W to make up for. Maybe with Sneasler banned she'll have more room to shine...

Here are the raw stats for the week, although this doesn't include win rates, data on which mons took themselves out or those which ended up finishing off a game.
Code:
Rank        Name  Uses  Kills  Deaths   K:D  Differential
1       Sneasler    17     27       9   3.0            18
2     Skeledirge     3      7       2   3.5             5
3      Kingambit     6      8       4   2.0             4
4        Toxapex     1      3       0   3.0             3
5      Cinderace     4      5       2   2.5             3
6         Zapdos     7      8       5   1.6             3
7       Pelipper     1      3       1   3.0             2
8       Hawlucha     3      4       2   2.0             2
9   Sandy Shocks     2      2       1   2.0             1
9      Ceruledge     2      2       1   2.0             1
9      Volcanion     1      2       1   2.0             1
12     Dragonite     3      3       2   1.5             1
13  Iron Valiant     5      4       3   1.3             1
14      Clefable     1      1       0   1.0             1
14     Mandibuzz     1      1       0   1.0             1
14    Tornadus-T     1      1       0   1.0             1
17     Dragapult     9      6       6   1.0             0
17     Amoonguss     4      1       1   1.0             0
17      Ursaluna     2      2       2   1.0             0
17    Toxtricity     1      1       1   1.0             0
21     Alomomola     1      0       0   0.0             0
22    Samurott-H     5      3       4  0.75            -1
22       Manaphy     5      3       4  0.75            -1
24     Iron Moth     3      2       3  0.67            -1
25      Enamorus     3      1       2   0.5            -1
25       Ogerpon     2      1       2   0.5            -1
25       Rotom-W     2      1       2   0.5            -1
28       Mimikyu     2      0       1   0.0            -1
28      Garchomp     1      0       1   0.0            -1
28       Bisharp     1      0       1   0.0            -1
28    Enamorus-T     1      0       1   0.0            -1
28        Scizor     1      0       1   0.0            -1
28      Glimmora     1      0       1   0.0            -1
28      Ribombee     1      0       1   0.0            -1
28       Torkoal     1      0       1   0.0            -1
28    Grimmsnarl     1      0       1   0.0            -1
37    Great Tusk    11      7       9  0.78            -2
38       Heatran     9      6       8  0.75            -2
39     Zamazenta     6      2       4   0.5            -2
40      Greninja     3      1       3  0.33            -2
41   Ninetales-A     2      0       2   0.0            -2
41     Hatterene     2      0       2   0.0            -2
41  Walking Wake     2      0       2   0.0            -2
44     Gholdengo     5      2       5   0.4            -3
45    Landorus-T     4      1       4  0.25            -3
46    Slowking-G     4      0       3   0.0            -3
46     Ogerpon-W     3      0       3   0.0            -3
48     Rillaboom    14      8      12  0.67            -4
49       Ting-Lu    10      2       9  0.22            -7

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the analysis! Some honourable mentions go out to Welli0u's Pelipper, who despite losing took down 3 mons with it to bring Peli all the way up to #7 on the leaderboards, and Hawlucha, with a +2 differential over 3 games that could easily have been higher if Kushalos didn't forfeit before zioziotrip's Hawlucha could pick up two more kills. See you next time for the final week of the regular season!

Last edited:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK report: week 8, from monday 13 to sunday 19

sorry for being so late

Arena Spartans vs Studio Gible

[November 18] Icemaster vs mind gaming: we start by moth getting scared from enam, heatran tera fairy tera blast chomp, forcing him only to get rocks, moth was a booster toxic set, gets immediately exploded by ep. Dragapult takes the tera blast with sash and trades itself for heatran with hex. kingambit tera fairies and goes for the double sd, zamazenta is life orb, and seems to not have steel moves, which means kingambit actually wins the exchange, enamorus activates salac berry vs rillaboom, but with gren priority on the back, mind gaming had the victory

[November 19] Sage vs Fogbound Lake: Both are using HO with an unconventional mon, Sage is using Toxtricity and Fogbound Lake is using Mimikyu (and sandy shocks). Toxtricity runs away from heatran into manaphy and eats the earth power, heatran gets rocks and lets samu go up, no scald burn which means manaphy is running into ninetales, she lands the hypnosis and sets vail but samu wakes turn 1. We get Acid Amour Manaphy vs Swords Dance Samurot and mana wins the exchange, but sandy shocks forces her to run away, ninetales dies so no veil anymore. Valiant tries to make the safe but sandy shocks gives no shits and zaps the overrated mon, kingambit doesn't kill but at least forces sandy out and gets heatran, gets plowed by rilla. Mimikyu takes the ice spinner and activates red card into tox, shift gear + boomburst kills rilla and activates troat spray, but cannot outrun sneasler, tusk tera poisons and finally spins away the hazards, but It's too late, tera ghost shadow claw cleans tusk and manaphy gets rag dolled by cc

[November 19] Ox the Fox vs z0mOG: rilla gets para by zapdos, dragapult gets a screen and lets rilla do a hit-and-run on zapdos, rilla also gets a kill on ting lu. tusk procs flame body on heatran, pult twaves + sets screens on volcanion while he stays still, tusk trades himself for him, sneasler finishes him and shadow claws dengo once, and second time he tera normal, ox's sneasler runs from z0mog's sneasler and ghold tricks the incoming ox's sneasler, low kick tusk twice before fainting, dragapult curses sack itself as he kills tusk. kingambit tera fire gets the 1v3

Technical Machines vs Uncharted Terrors

[November 19] Malekith vs Inder: both pivot out (with malekith taking the worst of the exchange) gren grass knots amoonguss and does nothing, amoongus grass knots lando and does nothing, rocks get set up and gren comes back to chip ting lu and loses the 1v1. Then they get into a game of chicken with lando and zapdos because none of them want to lose momentum, zapdos finally kills lando and gets ceruledge in, who tera fairys sd, and kills tusk and polteargeist the air as amoongus spores him, rilla gets samu-h, valiant comes in and tries to encore but theres no one on stage and gets dispatched by sneasler, and rilla gets killed too, zapdos misses the hurricane on a +2 sneasler and lets just go to the next match

[November 19] Aberforth vs Meru: scarf rilla u-turn + OHKOs oger, meru´s heatran wins the speed tie and gets rocks + taunt, samu-h puts spikes pressure and shell shocks enam. sandy shocks named ban zapdos (incredibly based btw) kills lucha, sneasler rks and mimikyu comes in and activates red card + night shade? eyo wtf. meru´s rilla finishes aberforth´s rilla, aber´s sneasler pack watches mimikyu and loses tera and speed tie towards meru´s sneasler and heatran is not gonna save the game

[November 19] Isza vs Laroxyl: grassy terrain tera grass boosted ivy cudgel does quick work of ace, rocks get up on both sides, heatran leaves ghol at 3hp after the latter failing focus miss, sneasler gets walled by pex so isza tries to get rilla in to u-turn into oger, who fails to break zapdos and lando dies to rocks, heatran and sneasler gets drowned by pex, the pex tera darks to get pult spamming shadow ball as he toxics and rilla dies to hazards

Circuit Breakers vs Showdown Shoguns

[November 19] London Beats vs lax: we start by heatran missing the wisp, which makes samu-h job easier, BU tusk head smashes himself vs dengo as he fails to kill the elephant with mir, and sacks itself for damage on lando, while he gets rocks, rilla goes crazy with wood hammer and kills lando with it, gambit sets up and wins the 1v1 sucker game vs samu-h, oger aks for encore, but gambit drinks mental tea and pours the rest on oger´s face, killing her instantly before dying to zapdos, dragapult sets screens and lets rilla sack for damage on dengo, sneasler gets an sd and tera ghost tera blast makes the 1v3 (btw, the animation is so fucking cool)

[November 18] Gondra vs blunder: We see the CEO of the agency using tera fire cinderace to break through a bad matchup, after some pivoting we see blunder's ting lu spending 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 turns pp stalling gondra's zapdos and only loses the fight because confusion hax. Ace kills ting lu, pult gets rotom, ace gets oger, dirge double combos glowking, amoongus spores zapdos and gets poison on pult, gets dirge and moves away from sucker punch, amoongus chips zama and let's ace clean house

[November 19] Sylveon used calm mind vs CTC: Bisharp Twaves Tornadus as he clicks heat wave 2 times, alolan ninetales sets veil as mandi misses toxic, and then ninetales misses hypnosis on dirge, after some pivoting ninetales sleeps glowking as he twaves ninetales dirge gets some nice chip before being forced out into mandi. ting lu whirlwind enamorus-therian away, mandi stops rilla and sneasler, despite packing taunt, mandibuzz has no trouble killing sneasler with foul play. dirge burns rilla, ting lu tanks the earth power and spedef drop, sets rocks on enamorus and whirlwinds enamorus away. dirge sets on ninetales again and gets a crit +3 torch song on enamorus, disposes of tera water hat with hex and dirge wins. at the end of the match Sylveon dropped the team, and I translated the team into a pokepaste, here it is https://pokepast.es/d9793476b4971c48

Indigo Platoon vs Power Plant Dynamos

[November 19] Finchinator vs BIHI: Sneasler turns into amoongus as rillanator bumps him with high horsepower, finch is using support rillanator so he U-turns out into scizornator to tank the sludge bomb, who pim pam pums amoongus with cc and gets away with eject pack, slowly but surely finch uses rillanator and scizornator to kill amoongus of old age, but zapdos comes in as he doubles into cinderacenator and becomes quadriplegic with twave. ursanator almost gets tusk but not quite, so he runs into rillanator to tank the knock off (we see AV coming out) tera poison ursanator to tank the sneasler and lets him messily munch on the tusk, ting lu tera ghost to go through the facade and see the real person ursalunanator is and ruin his chances at getting bitches, but ursanator avoids the bait and lets rillanator handle it, ursanator hits ting lu with headlong, but overpredicts and facades, valianator tries to shoot the yellow bird down but fucker just shits electricity and paras it, crit + encore stun locks it so now dnator gets it, LO boosted outrage and ting lu barely hangs on and whirlwinds into valianator, double into ursanator and fails to kill ting lu again and this was the last chance. Acenator gets the pool cramps and drags himself away into dnator as samu-h goes crazy, with help of sneasler, dnator dies as he trades itself for both ting lu and samu. Acenator gets his cheeks clapped by faked out, claws rillanators skill with unwashed hands and dies of cringe, scizornator gets fucked while sleeping like one of those porn videos and valiantnator also gets infected with sneasleritis and dies of massive amounts of cringe

[November 19] zioziotrip vs Kushalos: Kushalos nuzzles rilla and hangs herself for a wish, dnite claws pult but has sash so he wisps him and ting lu comes in as glim does too, glim shows ting lu skibidi toilet, which causes ting lu to tell glim to fuck off and sets rocks, and spikes while rilla U-turns into glim again, gholdengo tanks the ep and shots glim with MiR. Hawlucha gaming comences as zama gets in and then dengo back in for the healing wish absorbtion, dengo misses the twave and tera flying acrobatics splats him, manaphy, ting lu and kushalos decides to tap

[November 19] Achimoo vs DAHLI: ribombee dies to heatran get webs in. Manaphy comes in and desintegrates rilla with +3 ice beam inator, wake takes one and takes half of manaphy´s health with dragon pulse before meeting the same fate, lucha tera fly and gets the kill. lucha survives the mir by 7% and takes half of dengo´s health before another mir closes the casket on her, heatran eps dengo and we see him packing shuca berry, and survives to get some more chip on heatran. air balloon tusk floats over and kills sneasler with eq. ursa tries to get a kill but ceruledge baits it with destiny bond and down they go, and tusk kills heatran

Mt. Silver Foxes vs Orange Islanders

[November 19] Drifting vs Wolf: Tusk goes for rocks and peacefully eats the hurricane because he has sash, a good ice spinner into pult makes him get most of his health away. zapdos twaves the gren and hax him out, glowking fs as dnite dds, pult dies as dnite dds, crit tera blast flying leaves ting lu at 1 hp, bro look at this calc +2 252+ Atk Tera Flying Dragonite Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu on a critical hit: 484-570 (94.1 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO, dnite gets dragged, pult takes the fs, and dracos ting lu into dust. zapdos gets the dnite with twave and pivots into oger, but wolf predicts and tera flying tera blast blows her away, sadly gets para haxed and dies to zapdos, slowking tera grass and brawls with hex pult, zapdos gets rilaboom, but sneasler has gunk shot so she avoids the zapdos trap by landing the move, gunk shot + poison makes quick work of zama and glowking dies to cc.

[November 19] mncmt vs Rubyblood: mncmt is using grimmsnarl to set up screens, ruby's sun naturally boost mncmt's tusk so he bops sash pult with headlong before falling asleep via yawn, pult twaves grim and hexes booster moth, gets a +1 in sun and tera blast ground sends ruby's moth to the cementery, ruby dances around moth with wake and gambit, allowing him to kill it. sneasler procs poison on torkoal, kills pult and gets rkd by tusk. he is now at +2 attack and +2 speed, valiant survives with screens and kills the rest of the team with moonblast

[November 19] Thiago Nunes vs Welli0u: specs peli spotted, manaphy tries to set up but volt switch + zama stops it, zama misses stone edge, and goes to rotom. amoongus sleeps lando. manaphy tries her luck again but HJK from ace puts her out of commision, rotom gains some health with leftovers + protect stalling and kills lando with rain boosted hydro pump. heatran taunts ting lu and burns it so no rocks, ruination into everything he sees and gets rocks again, pelipper kills ting lu, kills rotom, zama once again fails stone edge, but third time is the charm and gets rilla. both sneasler and dirge tera, water and ghost especifically, dirge gets the wow + hex as sneasler fails 2 gunk shots in a row, kills heatran and gets confusion haxed by peli hurricane, but zama gets the final kill

quick stats

Code:
Code:
| 1    | Sneasler           |   17 |  56.67% |  58.82% |
| 2    | Rillaboom          |   14 |  46.67% |  57.14% |
| 3    | Great Tusk         |   11 |  36.67% |  54.55% |
| 4    | Ting-Lu            |   10 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Heatran            |    9 |  30.00% |  55.56% |
| 5    | Dragapult          |    9 |  30.00% |  44.44% |
| 7    | Zapdos             |    7 |  23.33% |  28.57% |
| 8    | Kingambit          |    6 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Zamazenta-*        |    6 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Iron Valiant       |    5 |  16.67% |  60.00% |
| 10   | Samurott-Hisui     |    5 |  16.67% |  60.00% |
| 10   | Manaphy            |    5 |  16.67% |  40.00% |
| 10   | Gholdengo          |    5 |  16.67% |  40.00% |
With sneasler getting banned, the dynamos, the breakers and the spartans being eliminated, as well as the platoons and terrors getting the ticket to playoffs, the rest of the card will fight in the last week to get the chance to get to playoffs, who will get in? Who will get out? How will the meta evolve? This and more questions will be answered next week, and sorry for once again being late, until next time!

BTW before I forget, next week will also be delayed lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
man i really need an assitant

kd458

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Threat Of The Week: Week 9

Welcome back to Threat Of The Week, rounding out the final week of SCL in a post-Sneasler meta! We will again be evaluating the differential and K:D of each mon and taking a look at their best performances across the board, with a particular focus on those with high usage but also checking out the niche heat that was brought to some success. Also, remember that this week only 14 games were played rather than 15, as z0mOG called act on Highv0ltag3 for a no-show so that game was never played.

Again, we'll first be looking at the high-usage mons (brought to at least 5 games) that scored highly over a number of matches in the week:

#1: Dragapult
1701098406591.png

Differential: +13, K:D: 3.2, Uses: 13

Dragapult takes up the mantle of #1 in the tier with Sneasler gone, and although it didn't pick up quite as many kills it actually ended up with a slightly higher K:D. Most Pults seen were Specs or Boots, with some appearances of Leftovers; although not every set was fully revealed, there was no Band or Dragon Dance variants to my knowledge and the screens set only made one appearance. Something to note was the prominence of status + Hex paired with a secondary spreader like Zapdos, Rotom-Wash or Moltres, with Zap in particular being a very common pairing. Dragapult closed out as the last mon in 4 games, and its best performance was for Finchinator vs lax where a boots set with Tera Dragon cleaned up a close game of Hazard stack vs Hazard stack.

#4: Kingambit
1701134037246.png

Differential: +4, K:D: 1.8, Uses: 7

For the second week running, Kingambit has the next highest differential out of any high usage mon, and although this week it is behind two of the less-used mons it picked up the joint second highest number of kills at 9 (behind Dragapult's 19). Gambit cleaned up twice and got its highest number of kills in Fogbound Lake vs Meminger21, where even with only Fallen 2, Kingambit Tera Fire'd and took down a Dragapult, a Clef and an opposing Kingambit to close out the game.

#6: Cinderace
1701134068366.png

Differential: +3, K:D: 1.8, Uses: 7

This week had another strong showing by Cinderace, with rising usage showing that its good results were not just a fluke. Even in a supporting role on a team, Ace has averaged a kill per use, with its strongest showing being MDB2's from Storm Zone vs MichaelderBeste2, where despite not being on the winning side it put in a lot of work and would have gotten 3 or potentially even more kills if not for an unfortunate Pyro Ball miss. Most sets were bulkier support variants running Blaze, although offensive with Libero also saw some success.

We'll next be taking a look at some of the more niche picks that were brought less but still performed well:

#2: Ogerpon-Wellspring
1701134104951.png

Differential: +4, K:D: 4, Uses: 1

Ogerpon saw my post from last week talking shit and had to teach me a valuable lesson about who the best Grass type in the meta is, as Rillaboom usage dropped by 57% and the previously unseen Ogerpon-C appeared enough times (5) to qualify for a high-usage mon with a positive differential of +1. The real star of the show however is Wellspring, who only appeared once but dominated the game in Laroxyl vs Rubyblood where a crit on Zapdos allowed a boosted Waterpon to rip through the team and eventually get off a Trailblaze, only being denied a fifth kill by a forfeit.

#3: Zamazenta
1701110741373.png

Differential: +4, K:D: 2.3, Uses: 4

Zamazenta almost made it into the high-usage mons but fell just short with 4 appearances, making up for that by having a neutral to positive performance in all of them and a great overall K:D. Despite being on the losing side, in lax vs Finchinator lax's Boots Zama traded kills with Finch's Dragapult and the game eventually came down to a close 1v1 where Dragapult managed to KO it at low health through its Tera Steel. Zama is a great form of speed control, with Boots being the most prominent set but Leftovers + IDef and Banded also seeing play.

#5: Okidogi
1701127147446.png

Differential: +3, K:D: 3, Uses: 1

Shoutout Okidogi for showing up to play, only coming to one game but picking up 3 kills without going down. With Sp.Def investment it took 33 from Iron Valiant's Moonblast and Tera Fairied to take even less from Zapdos' Hurricane, Zap eventually going down to Toxic and Val + Slowking-G being 1v1d. Great performance from Dogi here, a heat pick that actually looked like it should be OU by usage after this performance.

We'll finish off here by looking at some of the worst performances of the week:

This week, the three lowest differential mons were the 1st, 3rd and 4th highest usage overall and they will all be listed in this section; though they're all mons that are expected to take damage and potentially go down while serving their defensive purpose, all three do have some offensive uses but ended the week with a pretty terrible record. Of course this doesn't mean much as to the viability of the mons as all three are high usage for a reason, but they haven't had a great time this week and have often gone down without pulling their own weight's worth of work, each one ending with a -5 differential.

#43: Great Tusk
1701130684431.png

Differential: -5, K:D: 0.64, Uses: 16

Great Tusk had the highest usage of any mon this week, but there was not a single game where it picked up more than one kill and it often served the purpose of a defensive hazard removal piece that gets chipped down over the course of a game rather than a mon that will actively pick up kills by itself, the rise of Zapdos and other mons that can deal with BU Tusk along with the presence of mons that defensive Tusk is needed to check such as Kingambit perhaps dissuading its usage offensively. Rough week for Great Tusk despite it still being one of the centrepieces of the format, maybe we'll see more offensive sets picking up kills as the meta evolves but that's not what we're getting right now.

#44: Zapdos
1701134868011.png

Differential: -5, K:D: 0.55, Uses: 12

After a great performance last week, Zapdos has returned with a much weaker performance, scoring an average of one kill for every other use and going down in 11 out of 12 of its games with a winrate of 42%. This may be as it's often thrown into physical attackers to fish for Static paralysis, and often paralysis from both Static and Thunder Wave has been excellent and even game-winning support for Hex Pult and other mons that appreciate the speed control, but Zapdos itself has fallen a long way from its +3 differential and positive K:D last week.

#45: Slowking-Galar
1701133027786.png

Differential: -5, K:D: 0.17, Uses: 8

Slowking-G was brought to 8 games this week and only picked up a single kill, that kill being with Future Sight on an opposing Slowking-G at 18%. Although a defensive pivot, Gking often applies heavy pressure with Future Sights and status spreading; the prominence of Kingambit, Ting-Lu and Samurott-H who can not only soak FSights but in the case of the latter two take advantage of it to make progress with Hazards and Knock Off hurt its ability to put on that pressure. There's definitely been a chilly reception for Slowking this week, he may have to spend some time preparing his jokes for the bracket games.

Here are the raw stats for the week, although this doesn't include win rates, data on which mons took themselves out or those which ended up finishing off a game.
Code:
1      Dragapult    13   19.0     6.0   3.2          13.0
2      Ogerpon-W     1    4.0     0.0   4.0           4.0
3      Zamazenta     4    7.0     3.0   2.3           4.0
4      Kingambit     7    9.0     5.0   1.8           4.0
5        Okidogi     1    3.0     0.0   3.0           3.0
6      Cinderace     7    7.0     4.0   1.8           3.0
7       Ursaluna     1    3.0     1.0   3.0           2.0
7        Banette     1    3.0     1.0   3.0           2.0
9       Hawlucha     2    2.0     0.0   2.0           2.0
9      Armarouge     1    2.0     0.0   2.0           2.0
11   Lilligant-H     2    2.0     1.0   2.0           1.0
11     Volcanion     1    2.0     1.0   2.0           1.0
13     Ogerpon-C     5    4.0     3.0   1.3           1.0
14       Toxapex     1    1.0     0.0   1.0           1.0
15       Heatran     4    3.0     3.0   1.0           0.0
15     Iron Moth     3    2.0     2.0   1.0           0.0
15     Amoonguss     3    2.0     2.0   1.0           0.0
15  Walking Wake     2    2.0     2.0   1.0           0.0
15  Iron Valiant     2    1.0     1.0   1.0           0.0
15       Moltres     2    1.0     1.0   1.0           0.0
15    Arcanine-H     1    1.0     1.0   1.0           0.0
15   Corviknight     1    1.0     1.0   1.0           0.0
23      Clefable     7    3.0     4.0  0.75          -1.0
23     Rillaboom     6    3.0     4.0  0.75          -1.0
25       Rotom-W     4    2.0     3.0  0.67          -1.0
25      Enamorus     3    2.0     3.0  0.67          -1.0
27     Garganacl     2    1.0     2.0   0.5          -1.0
27    Tornadus-T     2    1.0     2.0   0.5          -1.0
29       Torkoal     2    0.0     1.0   0.0          -1.0
29    Skeledirge     2    0.0     1.0   0.0          -1.0
29      Clodsire     1    0.0     1.0   0.0          -1.0
29       Lucario     1    0.0     1.0   0.0          -1.0
29        Scizor     1    0.0     1.0   0.0          -1.0
29      Greninja     1    0.0     1.0   0.0          -1.0
35    Samurott-H     9    7.0     9.0  0.78          -2.0
36     Gholdengo     5    3.0     5.0   0.6          -2.0
37     Hatterene     3    1.0     3.0  0.33          -2.0
37       Manaphy     3    1.0     3.0  0.33          -2.0
39     Dragonite     4    0.0     2.0   0.0          -2.0
39    Landorus-T     2    0.0     2.0   0.0          -2.0
39      Ribombee     2    0.0     2.0   0.0          -2.0
42       Ting-Lu     7    3.0     7.0  0.43          -4.0
43    Great Tusk    16    9.0    14.0  0.64          -5.0
44        Zapdos    12    6.0    11.0  0.55          -5.0
45    Slowking-G     8    1.0     6.0  0.17          -5.0

Again, thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed the analysis! This week's honourable mentions go to the rare Double Dance Armarouge set that Ox the Fox swept with, which would have picked up four kills if not for a forfeit, as well as Sage's Banette that used Poltergeist - Tera Blast Fighting - Shadow Sneak - SD to claim a +2 differential and an overall K:D of 3 for the entirety of SCL. See you next week for playoffs, and maybe a retrospective of some previous weeks as there'll be a lot less games to look at.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK report: week 9, from monday 20 to sunday 26

Welcome, to the last week before playoffs, of SCL 3, we know that the Indigo Platoon and the Uncharted Terrors are 100% locked in, and that the Power Plant Dynamos, The Circuit Breakers and The Arena Spartans are 100% locked out, as for the Showdown Shoguns, the Mt. Silver Foxes, the Orange Islanders, the Studio Gible and the Technical Machines, they must fight with all their might, and hope their teamwork, skills, and mathematical luck is in their favor, this is, the last week before playoffs, let's hit the road

Showdown Shoguns vs Indigo Platoon

[november 24] Storm Zone vs MichaelderBeste2: red card amoongus forces wake out, but comes back and steams gambit before getting deleted by ace. LO boosted Liligant hisui attacks zapdos with her ginormous ass, but gets para because of course it does. crit psyshock from hat does 68% to ace before also dying to pyro ball. Moth kills amoongus and gets a +1, tera blast ground into garg and barely survives, allowing a salt cure, tusk tera waters and kills and gets rocks before getting asphyxiated to death. Even with para, liligant avoids the pyro ball and smoothers ace, zapdos twaves gambit and almost 1v1 takes the game with hax, but no

[november 26] lax vs Finchinator: samunator +tinglunator get a layer of rocks and stealth spikes, torn-t knocks off zapdonator but static procs, it has u-turn so clodsire is no problem, samunator knocks zapdos boots. glowkinator gets para 3 times in a row which lets dengo trick and shadow ball, a lot of whilrwind + pivoting happens untill torn knocks scarf glowkinator, and now he can move more freely, a lot more of pivoting happens untill lax's samu kills samunator. dragapultnator tera dragons and does good damage to dengo, both him and clodsire chance status to each other. dengonator focus blast lax's dengo, dengonator tanks the shadowball and shits on the other dengo with shadowball. zapdonator gets sacked against zama for momentum, glowkinator chips zapdos into hex range which allows finchinator to curse him like a twitter user. torn-t gets haxed which allows dengonator to recover and set up, clodsire gets multiple spedef drops which means he can no longer wall it, torn-t dies and luckily for lax, samu-h avoids the focus blast and kills dengonator and glowkinator. dragapultnator drops dracos on clodsire, overwhelming it and killing it, and with all the chip, zama kills tinglunator, but its just in the roll range for dragapultnator to win

[november 26] CTC vs zioziotrip: sub pult saves him from glowking trick, he sets fs as he avoids wow and goes to arcanine-h, he takes a lot from Dragon Darts but flare blitz + FS does a lot towards it, pult misses the wow again and gets killed by tusk. Here the start of the show, Wise Glasses Enamorus, uses tera fairy moonblast to crit one shot rotom, tusk uses body press to chip ting lu but forces him out with red card, enam does a big number to dnite and arcanine-h misses the head smash towards zapdos, glowking finally tricks black slude into somthing, tusk gets rocks and dies by hurricane. glowking pivots into arcanine and doubles out of the zapdos into gambit, paids off because ting lu is also in and kingambit kills him. ace kills dnite with low kick, kingambit gets to dangerously low health and at +3 gets zapdos, but enam subs and kills the sweep and the chances of CTC to win

Power Plant Dynamos vs Mt. Silver Foxes

[november 25] BIHI vs Drifting: pult twaves rilla, baits free ursa and comes back for another U-turn, who then comes to ace and then another U-turn fest into ursa, who makes moltres dissapear, low roll on draco makes rilla live and uses that to get ursa to crush pult, tusk trades itself for rocks. samu kills heatran, valiant tries to set up but samu encores her into sd, BIHI sacks ursa to get valiant in again and kill samu with cc. with 3 physical attackers vs tera fairy garga with curse, seems like drifting will win, but encore hawlucha ruins any chance whatsoever

[november 26] Kushalos vs mncmt: mncmt´s clef sets rocks and sticky barb trick in glowking, Lucario comes in, LO crit boosted meteor mash + future sight opens glowking's cheeks and obtains the attack boost which he uses to do quite a big number on zapdos (which is using leftovers for some reason) before being forced out and roosting off. lando sets rocks, glowking gets para haxed but CLUTCHalos clef takes the hex and uses tera ground to wall the twave and smack him with moonblast, and starts setting up CMs, her leftovers get stolen, tusk decides to spin and take the L. dnite uses tera fly and forces clef out with tera blast, and then he gets forced out by lando's red card and gets killed by a draco and after some pivoting, loses the speed tie and kushalos pult kills mncmt pult. lucario gets sacked and with a hurricane miss clefs gets back in the game, and from this point on mncmt is in a corner, lots of doubles and no entry, pul eventually kills zapdos and clef and pult spams hex on dnite untill it taps out

[november 26] DAHLI vs Thiago Nunes: rilla and amoongus trade hits untill they both double into samu-h and zama, the latter kills the former with cc, cc and chips later, manaphy sets up but dirge tera electrics and takes it well enough to force rilla back in, after some back and forth manaphy comes back, but it's at a constant 6%, eventually tusk kills rotom, which allows zama to cc chip moth and cc manaphy, and tusk revenge kills which means tusk is scarf. Amoongus spores moth and scizor tera fires to survive ace, but hjk sends him packing, survives at very little vs tusk and does as much damage as possible before dying. amoongus + ting lu kill moth. rilla u-turns into tusk killing ting lu and amoongus wins

Uncharted Terrors vs Orange Islanders

Okay so, I was planning to keep scouting the last batch of tommorrow but due to replay crash, those replays are lost, sorry people, but the Laroxyl, xavgb, and oldspicemike (the 3 uncharted terror players) won

Studio Gible vs Circuit Breakers

[november 25] mind gaming vs London Beats: fat vs webs is not a good look for mind gaming, both trade hazards with london beats winning the initial exchange, but oger rks, a power whip miss means tusk gets to spin instanty, and kill oger with head long rush. A lot double switches untill dnite gets in position, but crit ice spinner + rocky helmet corv dispatchs it, LO pult kills corv with shadow ball clef forces pult into dengo back into pult to double into moth and back to clef. Mind gaming's tera water hydro pump does over half and drowns tusk. london beat's forces pult out into dengo who dies to shadow ball, 2 shadow balls in a row from tera ghost dragapult kills enamorus and wins the speed tie and wins the game

[november 26] Fogbound Lake vs Meminger21: turn 1 glowking trades his black sludge to samu, what item does he get? AV! And now fogbound lakes panics, but meminger21 is a homie and knocks the vest off him, he also knocks off rotom leftovers, ace + fs put pressure on zapdos, pyro ball+ uturn on clef into glowking who pivots into kingambit. Fast-forward a bit rotom hydros pult for low damage, glowking pivots into rotom and samu dies to volt switch, but suckers before dying. Clef gets rocks and a spa drop on glowking and tera waters to tank ace, court change + rocks again, glowking pivots again, tusk manages to kill zapdos without getting haxed, glowking twaves clef and goes to tusk but rotom kills it with hydro, and gets killed in return by dragapult using shadow ball, kingambit vs kingambit, both double into tusk and pult, ace gets sacked for pult. tera fire + sd kills pult, kills gambit and kills clef.

[november 24] z0mOG vs Highv0ltag3: act win

Technical Machines vs Arena Spartans

[november 25] Aberforth vs Niko: Niko's manaphy gets a +3 with take heart and KOs aberforth´s manaphy. glowking gets twaved and gambit deals with manaphy, heatran traps ace and niko goes to pult, ace tries to low kick heatran but gets blocked, zapdos twaves oger and let's tusk deal with it, but crit power whip + low kick kills it, ace rks with pyro ball and runs away from BU tusk into zapdos. tera ice boosted ice spinner fails to kill, procs static and with 2 hurricanes is out, but pult drops the draco on him. pult reveals double status and burns gambit, rilla kills glowking, low roll low kick
fails to kill rilla, and he whips him out with grassy glide. kingambit endgame wins vs rilla, but cannot win vs heatran

[november 24] Isza vs Sage: ghol chips samu as he spikes and taunts clef, dengo gets his balloon popped and goes for a +2 dazz on ting lu, who kills it in return with eq. oger tries to set up but whilrwind its bye bye, booster tusk gets static, oger takes the hurricane and samu almost dies by MiR, taunts clef one last time to avoid rocks before dying, bannete comes up and kills clef with poltergeist (item was sticky barb) ghol kills oger after tanking the power whip, bannete comes in and gets sd and kills ghol with shadow sneak, ace forces bannete out into ribombee who dies with pyro ball + surf, bannete comes back again and kills ting lu with +2 tera fighting tera blast, but ace kills it and tusk

[november 26] Malekith vs Ox the Fox: Sun + eject button pivot makes liligant-h come to the stage, does decent damage to pult and sleep powders armarouge, wake comes in and rillaboom can barely tank one, and moltres burns him with flame body and U-turns out. Sun runs out, so ox uses this chance to set screens with pult, gren cannot sweep in sun and pult gets twaved bounced back, hat kamikazes herself for moltres, who kills rilla. Wake tanks the dark pulse and kills gren with dragon pulse, but gets killed by tusk, who then gets burned by moltres. malekith´s tusk tries to set up, but gets cursed and forced out, armarouge wakes up and kills kith's tusk with stored power. armarouge sets up and even tho lili sleeps it, it cannot be killed and wins

Quick stats!

Code:
Code:
| 1    | Great Tusk         |   16 |  57.14% |  37.50% |
| 2    | Dragapult          |   13 |  46.43% |  61.54% |
| 3    | Zapdos             |   12 |  42.86% |  41.67% |
| 4    | Samurott-Hisui     |    9 |  32.14% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Slowking-Galar     |    8 |  28.57% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Cinderace          |    7 |  25.00% |  71.43% |
| 6    | Ting-Lu            |    7 |  25.00% |  71.43% |
| 6    | Clefable           |    7 |  25.00% |  57.14% |
| 6    | Kingambit          |    7 |  25.00% |  28.57% |
| 10   | Rillaboom          |    6 |  21.43% |  66.67% |

The arena spartans, the power plant dynamos, the circuit breakers, the mountain silver foxes, the showdown shoguns, the technical machines, all of these teams fought hard, everyone did their absolute best, these weeks during the build up were crazy, filled with intense decisions and life or death situations, but in the end, 4 teams remain

1. Indigo Platoon
2. Uncharted Terros
3. Orange Islanders
4. Studio Gibles

The platoon will face the gibles, fun fact: platoon´s only LOST WAS vs the gibles, so if they did it once, they can do it again
The terros will face the islanders, another fun fact: the terrors LOST WAS vs the islanders, so if they did it once, they can do it again
But the again, everything can happen, who you rooting for?

See you all, next week

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK report: Semifinals, from monday 27 to sunday 3

I couldn't find the English version of this clip sorry
Anyway, less talk, more fight!​

Indigo Platoon vs Studio Gible

[Dicember 3] MichaelderBeste2 vs Fogbound Lake: We start by Liligant-h shaking that big juicy fat ass, then misses the tera blast ground because hustle, but gets it a second time, and kills Samu-h before getting her cheeks clapped to Future Sight. Jirachi and Zapdos enter the scene, Fogbound switches rachi out for pult and takes a discharge with the 30% para activating, misses the WoW into ting lu but gets it a second time, rachi gets rocks up, Iron Heads the zapdos and gets para via static, and commits showering with cold water at 3AM via Healing Wish. Dragapult comes back into the fight, eats the hurricane and MISSES DRACO METEOR TWICE VS TING LU, BRO FOGBOUND IS GETTING FUCKING ROBBED WTF. Okay, sorry I lost composure, Dnite encores ting lu into EQ, gets burned by dragapult, and It's forced out, Kingambit tries its luck vs Ting Lu but to no avail. Alomomola uses red card on him and valiant comes in, zapdos gets back in as mola commits following Jirachi´s way of life via Healing Wish, Dnite gets back in, but a U-turn from zapdos for popping the multiscale into tera fairy moonblast from valiant dismantles him, and thus, kingambit is alone, incapable of doing shit because his whole team got haxed

[Dicember 3] Finchinator vs mind gaming: both start by switching back and forth for good positioning, cinderacenator took a huge fs, which was huge (due to both mola and corv having helmet), ogernator knocks zama´s choice band, and landonator tanks a crunch no problem, both glowkings spam future sight during the match to gain positioning, which causing also to have kingambitnator and corvi as pivots, eventually corvi´s helmet gets knocked by ogernator, more pivoting untill ogernator gets in, to whip zama´s ass, leaving him with 9%, so corv comes in and reads it with SD, +2 Ivy cudgel leaves corv in red, and with brave bird recoil, both die at the same time, and on the next turn, tusk fails to kill landonator and a grass knot sends him packing. Lando sets rocks as mola wishes, glowking pivots to zamanator where he sets up ID and, with good prediction, shits on mola, uses tera fire to smoke glowking and fucks mind gaming's zama. On the final stretch, Kingambit tera fairys and gets +3 while both play insane mind games, in which mind gaming wins the mind games and kills zama and kills ace, but Kingambitnator saves the game with iron head

[Dicember 2] zioziotrip vs z0mOG: Lead sash pult trades itself for damage and Twave vs Tornadus-T, z0mOG tries to fish for Lava Plume burns with Torkoal vs Clodsire, but to no avail, so tusk comes in and does a double into walking wake, but a toxic gets him, boosted draco meteor does get the tornados tho. Moth wastes his booster in tanking a knock off and switching out, Bulk Up Tusk get his shit together and tries to sweep, but ID Corv walls him. Clodsire comes to lay more spikes in front of wake and gets melted down by a hot steam of liquid. Sun comes one last time before Torkoal dying to toxic. Tusk comes in and RKs pult with a headlong rush, but dies to the tusk dittos, tera grass moth survives crit earthquake from tusk and kills it with Fiery Dance and gets the boost, leaves garga at 6%, but that's enough for gambit to finish him off, corv IDs and roosts off while dying forces roost and recieves rocky helmet damage. Walking Wake vs Corv in the end, Corv tera fires to tank a possible flamethrower, but a good prediction for z0mOG, decides to avoid the bait and launch him into space with a draco meteor

Orange Islanders vs Uncharted Terrors

[Dicember 3] Wolf vs xavgb: Rilla wood hammers protect mola and proceeds to knock off the dnite and gets burned by heatran, here we discover a couple of interesting things, Wolf's goodra-h is gooey instead of something like shell armor or sap sipper to wall rilla, we also see her using knock off on tusk and revealing AV, and heatran is also eject pack (got knocked off). Heatran gets rocks and valiant gets in, focus blast almost kills tusk, heatran deals nothing from overheat into goodra-h, rilla knocks goodra´s AV, and lives a flamethrower at -1 by pure miracle. Zama puts in some work with LO boosted CC, and heatran gets goodra-h. clodsire gets rocks and poisons tusk with toxic, zama puts more work by forcing clodsire into dnite, killing the latter with CC, Clodsire gets back in to poison heatran and Lucha comes in, encoring clod into recover, mola lives at 2hp and scalds, luckily for xavgb, the 30% scald burn did not occour so mola dies burning in hell, clod gets a toxic on mola, and ace gets a sucker punch but lucha prevails and kills ace before dying to toxic. valiant and rilla come back, rilla grassys val, and dies via moonblast, but this is enough chip for zama to kill val, and after using a crunch defense drop and all of his CC pp, clod finally goes down

[Dicember 3] Rubyblood vs Meru: We start by zapdos using twave on heatran and switching into clef, who gets trapped and stomped by flash cannon, ting lu forces heatran into gren, sets rocks and gren takes half with hydro pump, eats the following dark pulse and whirlwinds into lucha, who tera electrics and kills ting lu with CC, and gets forced out by dragapult, and haxes heatran out of the game. rilla comes in and forces pult out into scizor, rilla knocks his drip and Meru sacks heatran as scizor SD, but LO zamazenta throws him into the trash. Pult comes in and rilla gets killed, zama gets back and kills pult while avoiding the Will-o-Wisp, with good roundabout game, zapdos gets the zama. Tusk sets up at the same time glowking pops out CM, and good roundabout game cannot save rubyblood, his zapdos gets killed and glowking cannot 1v3 lucha and gren

[Dicember 3] Welli0u vs oldspicemike: we start by zapdos twaving glowking, which lets ting lu in for free to get rocks and some chips, we discover that clef is not even running them fake magic guards, he is just lefties unawere, with tera dragon it denies ogerpon. glowking trades his black sludge to tusk's leftovers, ogerpon tries to brawl again with clef thanks to encore but to no avail. Valiant comes in and tera ghost cms, which clef answers by critting her and getting the SpA drop, but moonblast smokes her instantly. crit moonblast leaves oger at 12%, who leeches val to get 8% back. Both glowkings use fs and Mike goes to ting lu, Welli0u's glowking tricks black sludge for lefties and dies by eq + para hax + crit fs. an insane predict with oger manages to kill ace with ivy cudgel over horn leech for ting lu, and chips Mike's glowking before dying, after some clever back and forth, heatran traps glowking and kills it, ting lu cannot touch tornadus T, who kills it with bleakwind storm + black sludge, and heatran takes care of the zapdos

Quick Stats!

Code:
Code:
| 1    | Great Tusk         |    6 |  50.00% |  66.67% |
| 1    | Slowking-Galar     |    6 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Dragapult          |    5 |  41.67% |  40.00% |
| 4    | Zamazenta-*        |    4 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 4    | Kingambit          |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Heatran            |    3 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Ogerpon-Wellspring |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 6    | Iron Valiant       |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Zapdos             |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Ting-Lu            |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Cinderace          |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Alomomola          |    3 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
I was gonna wait untill tiebreaks were done to post this but popular demand (literally 1 person) asked if they can go out today, and if this means more like farming, then might as well obey the masses. I will cover tiebreaks in the finals then. See you there and hope your favorite team loses, lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooo

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
1LDK Report: Semifinals tiebreakers, Sunday 10

Indigo Platoon vs Studio Gible

[December 10] Finchinator vs mind gaming: Zapdosnator Twaves Dnite but CB outrage leaves him on red, even kingambitnator takes a lot from CB outrage, he Iron Head haxes him once but outrage lock runs out so mind gaming goes out to zamazenta, a double into moth and zamanator opens finch for the chance to impale moth with stone edge. Gambit comes in, tera fairy SD, but gets roar shuffled into dnite, who swaps out to haterene, 1 stone edge does 29, misses the second and dazzling gleam does 64. Finchinator goes to glowkinator and takes a nuzzled, remember this, it's gonna be important, pult dracos ting lu and gets out via eject pack, hat brawls with ting lu untill red and custap berrys Healing wish into dnite, who starts brute forcing its way through ting lu, kills it and gets rkd by dragapultnator, the dragon tera dragons to burn gambit who uses tera fairy tera blast on him, sd on the zamazentanator switch in and kills it with the power of happynes, kingambitnator barely tanks it and kills it with iron head, he runs away from zama who deals with zapdosnator. pultnator burns zama and gets instantly squashed by body press, glowkinator predicts an ass whooping coming up, gets hexed by pult, and he gets parad, 1 single para, it was all it took to take the game out

Orange Islanders vs Uncharted Terrors

[December 10] Welli0u vs xavgb: As soon as the bell rang, rilla quickly grassy glides welli0u´s samu-h for 92% which means no 100%, which means ceaseless edge and going into ghold to live another day, rilla U-turns on the cheese stick to find its using rocky helmet, xavgb´s samu-h comes in to also use ceaseless edge, hydreigon misses the draco and samu-h flip turns into valiant, welli0u swaps out into moth, who takes spirit break and sludge waves glim, oger comes in as glim sets up rocks and kills with ivy, generating 1 layer of tspikes, rilla comes in forcing oger into moth who sludges waves the samu-h twice and dies via flip turn, xavgb´s dengo comes in and activates grassy seed, boosting defense, but 2 ivy cudgels (1 crit) clowns dengo, and then gets clowned by valiant. Hydreigon retaliates by using tera poison + crit flash cannon, welli0u´s samu-h gets sacked for free entry for tusk, who spins the hazards away, hydreigon tanks the grass spam and kills with draco. Hawlucha uses +2 tera flying acrobatics to try to break through dengo, but it's to no avail and samu dies to rocky helmet, thus, ending xavgb´s undefeated streak and the terrors run

quick stats for tiebreakers

Code:
Code:
| 1    | Iron Moth          |    2 |  50.00% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Dragapult          |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Kingambit          |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Zamazenta-*        |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Gholdengo          |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Samurott-Hisui     |    2 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Dragonite          |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Hatterene          |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Ogerpon-Wellspring |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Hydreigon          |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Great Tusk         |    1 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Slowking-Galar     |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Ting-Lu            |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Zapdos             |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Rillaboom          |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Glimmora           |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Hawlucha           |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Iron Valiant       |    1 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
I can't believe we have stats for tiebreakers uh, anyway
It's the end of the TB, Indigo Platoon and Uncharted Terrors have both been eliminated, the finals are now between Studio Gible and Orange Islanders, join me next week for the last week of SCL 3 (I hope there are no tiebreakers tbh, even opening and closing my eyes feels like an unbearable pain at this point)

kd458

Threat Of The Week: Semi-Finals

Welcome back to Threat Of The Week!

Sorry for the delay, I decided to push this back a week to cover the entire Semi-Finals due to the low amount of games played in total. As usual, we will be looking at the differential and K:D of each mon and taking a look at their best and worst performances over the week, though the low number of games means that we will be looking over every mon together regardless of usage.

We will first take a look at the Pokémon that more than pulled their weight over the week:

#1: Zamazenta
1702250735881.png

Differential: +8, K:D: 3, Uses: 6

Zama takes the crown this week as the mon picking up the most kills, claiming 12 over 6 games and game-ending in 2. Its best performance was in the mind gaming vs Finchinator tiebreak game, where mind gaming's Iron Press Zama cleaned up a low health Zapdos and a Dragapult that traded itself to get off a Will-O-Wisp on it, not being enough to stop it from later finishing off a low-health Kingambit, while Finch's own Zama with a lesser-seen Roar set earlier took down an Iron Moth and phased out an SD-ing Tera Fairy Gambit. Zamazenta has proven itself to be one of the most potent forms of speed control and revenge killers in the tier, with its capabilities as a blanket physical check also much appreciated.

#2: Heatran
1702252398050.png

Differential: +4, K:D: 5, Uses: 3

Heatran came to 3 games this week and did well in each game, putting in heavy work and only going down to full paras and a crit in one game while claiming 2 kills and 0 deaths in the others to give it a 100% overall win rate. In Welli0u vs oldspicemike, Heatran trapped and eliminated a Slowking-G and later 1v1d a last mon Zapdos, getting up Stealth Rock and coming in for free on both targets over the course of the game. A nice performance from Heatran and the highest K:D seen in Threat Of The Week so far.

#3: Kingambit
1702253205997.png

Differential: +4, K:D: 2, Uses: 6

As usual, Kingambit had another excellent performance this week, cleaning up once for Finchinator vs mind gaming in their first game where it finished off a Tera Fairy Gambit that had already picked up two kills. Even with most teams having multiple countermeasures to Kingambit like Tusk, Zama and Wisp Pult, Gambit still pulls through every week and delivers with a good performance across the board and more than one game coming down to a Kingambit vs Kingambit endgame.

On the other side of the spectrum, here were the worst performing mons of the week:

#32: Cinderace
1702255946872.png

Cinderace didn't have a great semi-finals week, only coming to 3 games and dying without claiming a single kill in each one. It still served a purpose of spreading Will-O-Wisp and Court Changing hazards where needed, but even in the one game where it won it only served to tank a Future Sight and throw off a couple weak Pyro Balls over the course of the game before going down.

#32: Rillaboom
1702256723529.png

Rillaboom had an identical performance to its fellow Gen 8 starter, although with a better win rate of 2/3 games. It served as a pivot in all three, evidencing a shift away from Rillaboom as a breaker towards it being relegated to a role of team support. Maybe this is due to a small sample size, but Rilla ended up with another low placement this week, notably only being brought by one team (the Terrors) and twice by the same player.

#35: Dragapult
1702259742139.png

Differential: -4, K:D: 0.43, Uses: 7

A big drop off from last week's domination, Dragapult finds itself at the bottom of the leaderboard for the week with 3 kills, 7 deaths and a 43% win rate. Pult still defined the week with the highest usage rate of any mon (tied with Great Tusk and Slowking-Galar), but didn't have the impact it did in the previous week and there were less examples of it dominating a game, although it was often a key threat that still needed careful play around.

Code:
1      Zamazenta     6     12       4   3.0             8
2        Heatran     3      5       1   5.0             4
3      Kingambit     6      8       4   2.0             4
4   Walking Wake     1      3       0   3.0             3
5      Hydreigon     1      2       0   2.0             2
6    Lilligant-H     1      2       1   2.0             1
7   Iron Valiant     4      4       3   1.3             1
8     Landorus-T     1      1       0   1.0             1
9     Slowking-G     7      5       5   1.0             0
9      Ogerpon-W     4      4       4   1.0             0
9       Hawlucha     3      2       2   1.0             0
9    Corviknight     2      2       2   1.0             0
9     Tornadus-T     2      1       1   1.0             0
9       Clodsire     2      2       2   1.0             0
9      Gholdengo     2      2       2   1.0             0
9      Garganacl     1      1       1   1.0             0
9       Glimmora     1      1       1   1.0             0
18      Enamorus     1      0       0   0.0             0
18      Greninja     1      0       0   0.0             0
20    Great Tusk     7      3       4  0.75            -1
21       Ting-Lu     4      2       3  0.67            -1
21    Samurott-H     3      2       3  0.67            -1
23      Clefable     2      1       2   0.5            -1
24       Jirachi     1      0       1   0.0            -1
24       Torkoal     1      0       1   0.0            -1
24      Goodra-H     1      0       1   0.0            -1
24        Scizor     1      0       1   0.0            -1
24     Hatterene     1      0       1   0.0            -1
29        Zapdos     4      1       3  0.33            -2
29     Dragonite     3      1       3  0.33            -2
29     Iron Moth     3      1       3  0.33            -2
32     Alomomola     3      0       3   0.0            -3
32     Cinderace     3      0       3   0.0            -3
32     Rillaboom     3      0       3   0.0            -3
35     Dragapult     7      3       7  0.43            -4

Thank you for reading this analysis post! Honourable mentions go out to Walking Wake, who only came once but dominated a game for z0mOG where it picked up 3 kills and cleaned up the game, and Welli0u's Hydreigon in the tiebreaks who Tera Poison'd and got a +2 differential without going down in its only showing of the week. See you for the finals!

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I will use this post to log my teams, creative sets, and experience playing SV OU in this SCL! Note that I paid extra attention to the games themselves for playoffs (as opposed to just teams/prep) as they were more recent and replays were accessible when I began crafting this post (more replays are showing now by the time I am posting). I still go in-depth on teams and preparation for other weeks though.

Winning 8 games made this season very exciting for me. My 3 losses were against awesome players (8-2 fogbound lake, 8-3 mind gaming, and 5-2 BIHI all were top 8 in OU record) and I had wins against some strong opponents as well, so it was a real treat to perform with this degree of success at this level of competition. Losing the tiebreak decider in semifinals was definitely a heartbreaker and I wish some parts of it went differently, but mind is an amazing player as many have seen in recent years and the Gibles are a great, deserving team as many have seen this tournament.

In this post I will show every single team I have used and whenever there is something I feel like explaining (i.e: cool set, thought-provoking part of the game, etc.), I will try to provide some insight as well. DLC1 OU was a rollercoaster, but I actually enjoyed the majority of the SCL OU metagame. I think there was a ton of room for new Pokemon/cores to be used, various archetypes to succeed, and the better player to win far more often than not.

I was definitely on the grind this tournament as I played 50-100 ladder games per week across various accounts, frequently mapping out my lead/early game lines into specific archetypes ahead of time and hypothesizing what opponents would use into me. This type of game theory and practice I really enjoy, so I enjoyed the extracurricular components of my 8-3 run almost as much as the 11 games themselves. I want to extend a special thank you to my teammates who tolerated my constant tags, questions, and ramblings, too. These type of interactions are what make these tournaments special to me and we had a motivated and talented group around me.

:Dragapult: :Kingambit: :Slowking-Galar: :Zamazenta: :Ting Lu: :Zapdos: -- paste, L vs mind gaming

mind is quite an offensive player by nature, gaining this reputation from his days spamming hitters with Beat Up and other cool aggressive schemes last generation. He is capable of using any playstyle though and I really respect this about him as we have seen fat on a few scattered occasions, but he just fell short against me with an Alomomola balance team in semi-finals, so I expected an offense more in-line with 7 of the teams from his regular season scout as well as his historic trends.

Right from the jump I had just played and prepared for him the prior week, so there was a bit of an awkward dynamic that I did not want to repeat too much while still making sure I was comfortable as this would be a big game. Ultimately, my first progressions lead me to wanting to use a bulkier team with Unaware Clodsire or SDef Slowking + Iron Defense Corviknight (paste, but I soon pivoted to my final team, which was less passive and more balanced, granting me more outplaying potential in a wider array of match-ups.

The premise was super cool as it had Future Sight + Chilly Reception Slowking-Galar + Roar Zamazenta, which can link together to force in some fragile Future Sight targets. This brings me to my creative set of the game:

:Zamazenta:
Zamazenta @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Roar is mainly worth using on teams with Future Sight Slowking/Slowking-Galar that also have another means of dealing with Clefable. I do not mind missing out on Iron Valiant as Tera Fighting Close Combat can 2HKO it, which I was running here after using and revealing a defensive Tera Fire type on Zamazenta vs mind last round. With this said, you can justify using Tera Dark, Fire, Steel, and various others on this or other variants. I liked this set a bit more with the support of Knock Off and Spikes, but mind in particular was not a frequent Heavy-Duty Boots spammer like myself and I found Spikes to not be worth overly-compressing Ting Lu on this build, so I went with it nonetheless. In the game, Roar was able to be used as Kingambit used its Tera Fairy and clicked Swords Dance, giving me some breathing room earlier in the match.

As for the remainder of the team, I really wanted to use one or two Pokemon durable on the special end as I was worried about dynamic special attackers mind liked such as Enamorus and Walking Wake, so fitting Slowking-Galar for that and keeping tempo up was a great add. I was not worried about reusing it either as I think people were a tad behind just how good it (and regular Slowking) are in this metagame as they do not hard counter a ton, but serve as very practical pieces nonetheless. Dragapult I typically find hard to fit onto Zamazenta builds as they both serve as great speed control, but it is so good that it is hard to avoid sometimes right now and extra speed into offense is always a plus. I will dive more into Tera Dragon Draco Meteor Dragapult later as, in my opinion, it is easily the best set and it helped me win multiple games during the season, but that set was an easy fit here. Rounding things out were three of the best Pokemon: Tera Fairy Kingambit, Ting Lu, and Zapdos. I do not think these need any explanation.

The game itself was very tight and fun -- mind is great and it being a close game is no shock to me, but also a bit awkward at points as there is a lot of "what if" to it. I got up early due to Zamazenta, but a clutch Hatterene set, which was a great tech from him, and Banded Dragonite being able to capitalize on Ting Lu being put in 2HKO range by the Draco Meteor critical hit put us back to even. From there, he was able to just edge it out in a dicey late game; I have another "what if" moment as to if he did not get the paralysis since it could have been very winnable without it, but that is the game and I could have minimized risk earlier (more on this later), so I cannot complain. I was pretty content with how I played the end game given how much information was revealed and talked it out with my team at length later, too, to not arrive with many regrets there that would have changed the outcome given what I had seen and knew throughout the game (you could argue for a slightly different fodder sequence, but nothing would have definitively changed anything). I do really regret turn 9 as I overpredicted and let myself take unnecessary chip damage and because of that I cannot complain all too much despite thinking I had a advantage in a cleaner game. In the end, if you make a misplay, then you need to look at yourself before the game or anything else and that was the case here, so I dug my own grave in this one despite using a pretty solid team and making some other good plays. Against the best players in a game like this with different surprises and luck involved, the smallest error can trickle in certain ways or even not making an error and just getting outplayed on a turn or two can at the end of the day.

:Landorus-Therian: :Kingambit: :Zamazenta: :Slowking-Galar: :Cinderace: :Ogerpon-Wellspring: -- paste, W vs mind gaming

A bit less insight into the team here and more focus on the game later, but I do want to give the team some words. I did not have any big techs or surprise plans like the Roar Zamazenta in the tiebreak here, but I knew that my opponents would be cognizant of my scout and I knew they had a history with me as I lost to mind in WCoP and lost to Fog W1. Neither of them used hard offense against me with mind debuting the German big 6 (Enam GKing Gambit Tusk Bax Cind) in WCoP and Fog using anti-meta balance W1, so I kind of expected them to pivot back to bulkier teams rather than using another offense after frequenting it in the regular season.

Enter Ogerpon-Wellspring, which I had never used across SCL and other tournaments prior to this game. And my goodness, it caught an Alomomola and was able to put in good work. I paired it with a bulky-offensive cast that I felt was still able to function into offensive styles like Sticky Web thanks to Court Change or weather thanks to Tera Water Chilly Slack Off + Reception Slowking-Galar, but also break with Future Sight into Libero Cinderace, Ogerpon-Wellspring, and Kingambit. This team lowkey is one of my favorite styles as it has 3 pivots with Cind, LandoT, and GKing, but also 3 win conditions that can hit hard with Zama, who I really liked into mind's offenses in case he decided to load that, Kingambit, and the aforementioned Ogerpon-Wellspring.

As for the game, I got my ass kicked a bit early by mind playing nicely and forgetting a Future Sight, which is entirely unacceptable. Thankfully Cinderace was not too useful and I was able to kick it into gear. On turn 43, I made a very risky play as I clicked Swords Dance with Ogerpon-W into Zama, which could do a ton of damage to me and probably checkmate me in the long-term. He switched since his Zama was in range of Rocky Helmet and anticipated a switch, but I called that and clicked Swords Dance, allowing me to trade with Corviknight. Trading with Corviknight also allowed me to use Landorus-T to make some actual progress, taking out the Great Tusk and getting up Stealth Rock to eventually open the door for my own Zamazenta and a crazy endgame sequence where I was able to barely hang on. I think I could have clicked Body Press sooner and had I gotten unlucky in the endgame, this would have likely been my fault, but I had a big enough advantage to where it thankfully worked out.

I also built the team Michaelder used vs fogbound as Michael was quite busy during this period if people want it. This was not my game and I think I will spiral into a "holy shit, we saw someone dare to bring Hustle Lilligant-H in playoffs" tangent if I discuss it more, but here is the team for the sake of logging: :Samurott-Hisui: :Slowking-Galar: :Iron Valiant: :Zapdos: :Ting Lu: :Dragapult: -- paste

:Ting Lu: :Samurott-Hisui: :Dragapult: :Slowking-Galar: :Gholdengo: :Zapdos: -- paste, W vs lax

My game against lax was one of my less inspiring performances and I needed some fortune to emerge victorious here. There was some tough luck early on, but it quickly flipped in my direction and multiplied many times over. lax is a great player and his run this SCL had some rough breaks, but you can see his amazing potential from other tournamens like OLT and I came into this game with a great respect for him. I mainly wanted to establish some new things before the playoff and remain confident in my play, so I opted to use Samurott-H for the first time all tournament while also using Gholdengo and Zapdos for the first time since week 3 as both are superb. This was partially to position myself well for playoffs by diversifying my scout, partially to potentially surprise lax, and partially to just feel more confident using anything possible as I previously struggled with some Gholdengo structures and I hated using Zapdos during Gliscor metagame. As for Samurott-H, it was mainly coincidence as to why I did not use it yet, but also Ceaseless Edge missing on ladder tilted me a few prior weeks when I tried to use it, so that contributed as well as I went with the hot hand most weeks.

As I am writing this, I do not think the replay is up due to the outage (EDIT: now it is, but I do not want to give every single of the 11 games a breakdown like the two playoff games as this will take eons), but in the game I did show Focus Blast over Make It Rain on Gholdengo and I want to note that this was part of a unique part of the team. I did not have a true counter to Kingambit, but every single Pokemon either was able to threaten/1v1 it or pivot out against it. Gholdengo did not fit into that trend, but giving it Focus Blast gave me huge leverage. The main issue with this was it made the team quite high variance as many Focus Blast teams/sets are, so I would not necessarily bank on something like this in a playoff. This was probably not my single favorite team, but I did like the dual Ghost + Spikes premise at least. I wanted to try something with Clodsire and Meowscarada, but did not have quite the time that week and wanted to stick with bringing Samurott-H to diversify my scout ultimately.

Similar to the prior week, I also built some stray teams and Michael ended up using one here. The team he used was actually revamped from Sneasler metagame and was built around an anti-offense Garganacl set, but with some edits from him and my teammate Potatochan. Sadly it ran into Walking Wake Sun, which was a very uphill match-up. I was not super fond of this team myself, but my teammates liked it on the ladder and Michael was busy, so ultimately it was picked. :Garganacl: :Great Tusk: :Cinderace: :Amoonguss: :Kingambit: :Zapdos: -- paste

:Ursaluna: :Scizor: :Iron Valiant: :Dragonite: :Cinderace: :Rillaboom: -- paste, L vs BIHI

This was probably my least favorite bring and it was entirely my fault as I did not manage my time well enough during the wek and got too set on premise that was never going to lead to an overly consistent team. On top of that, this week BIHI outplayed me on a few crucial turns when I did fine openings, so I fell short this week and it was one of two weeks this season where I definitely felt my performance needed to be at a higher level to match my expectation for myself.

With this in mind, it was a very fun premise and I had a lot of cool moments on the ladder grinding with this squad, so not all is lost and I am happy to share this in part because it is part of the journey and in part because maybe someone can come up with something even better in the future. The idea was I was not sure what to expect from BIHI, so I wanted to be speed/priority heavy into offense and breaker heavy into fat, but honestly I ended up facing a more center-meta team that had Tera Ghost Lu to form a core that was able to outplay Ursaluna, so I kinda got shredded. Just major props to my opponent here and on me for not being able to pull the trigger enough this week. I do have a couple of fun sets to share though!

:Scizor: (meant to be used with hard-hitters such as :Ursaluna:, but also tried some variants with :Enamorus: and :Ogerpon-Cornerstone:)
Scizor @ Eject Pack
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Scizor in general is super underrated as it has an insanely practical set of traits between its typing, priority, and coverage. I love using a defensive Tera on it like Fire or Dragon, too, as it can flip a 1v1 scenario in most offensive match-ups given this when needed. With this in mind, I tailored this team to a never before seen application of using Eject Pack + CC. You cannot really fit U-turn and taking LO damage sucks (not to mention HDB is not so needed with Cinderace on this team), so Eject Pack + CC allowd for a ton of midground turns to always flip my way earlier in games while acting as a psuedo U-turn into things like Zapdos or Great Tusk, which it commonly draws in. Eject Pack allowing free Ursaluna against Zapdos or other things is a huge boost for a team this offensive.

I also think my Dragonite set on this with Tera Fire Fire Punch and Jolly Dragon move (catches Dragapult at +1) can be worth noting, but I did not invent this set and while I maybe was the first to use this specific combo of item/tera/nature, I do not want to pretend like this was some innovation so much as just general offensive synergy patchwork. Finally, keep in mind this was Sneasler's last week, so Tera Poison on Ursaluna helped a lot with both that and Rillaboom. Finally, my Rillaboom dropped Knock Off as I had no SR and already had Knock Of on Scizor, which opened up for High Horsepower, which is actually super cool on AV to catch Iron Moth and Heatran, which cannot OHKO, while still owning Slowking-Galar and now hitting Kingambit.

:Gliscor: :Meowscarada: :Zamazenta: :Slowking: :Heatran: :Clefable: -- paste, W vs Wolf

This was one of the teams I was more proud of as it had a few uncommon components to it and was able to win a deciding game at 5-4 for the week against a really solid opponent in Wolf. I had previously been trying to use an Unaware Pokemon at sometime or another as set-up spam offenses are seen as good picks into me, especially with the notion that metagame extremes tend to be used into me a lot hanging over my head. I think Unaware Clefable is a pretty mediocre Pokemon, but I was able to make it work once I went pretty far out of my way.

Slowking is a cool Pokemon that is very underrated as it is super good into Sun, Rain, and other awkward to swap into offensive Pokemon like Heatran, Volcanion, Enamorus, Iron Moth, Specs Pelipper, and Walking Wake while providing momentum and Future Sight, which are super practical tools for teams strapped for progress options.

:Slowking:
Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Chilly Reception

This is a very standard variant of it, but the Pokemon was hardly used all tournament as it sat at 2% total usage during SCL and this was the only time it won a game in OU. I think that on the right teams, it is very useful and should be OU by usage honestly.

Speaking of forgotten friends, Meowscarada was only used twice all tour in OU, sitting under 1% usage, and I was very happy to be able to bring it out this time as being able to provide some speed, Knock Off, Spikes, and the ability to pivot is insanely practical if you can make up for its lack of defensive footprint, which this team did nicely. It is funny that this Pokemon that was pretty damn good earlier in the generation fell to complete irrelevancy and dropped to UU without even being close to OU tbh, I think more people could fit it on balances despite its niche as a lead on offense now being pretty bad.

:Meowscarada:
Meowscarada @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- U-turn

Overall, I think that HDB Overgrow Meow is something that actually fits on a lot of teams with both Slowking and Slowking-Galar that opt to not use Ting-Lu -- it was better in Gliscor metagame for sure as now Ting-Lu is taking over a bit and fitting two Darks when one is Meow is a tough sell as I think Meow lends itself better to other structures and Ting-Lu teams prefer something else, but this felt great at the time, which was among Gliscor's last weeks being usable.

Finally, classic SDef Heatran has almost entirly died out as people are too paranoid of running Leftovers out in a Spikes heavy metagame without removal, specially with other Steel types eating up so much of the usage pie-chart over it. However, with Wish support from Clefable, Boots Heatran is insanely good into offense. Nothing likes switching into Magma + EP + Wisp besides Gliscor, which again was OU at the time, and Boots + Wish allowed it to function well into status Pult, Gholdengo, Iron Moth, and Skeledirge, which was trending at the time.

:Heatran:
Heatran @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

I find Boots Tran to be super underrated even up until this point although I prefer to pair it with Alomomola rather than Clefable usually. I also want to note that without Wish, I would not use it as it dies too quickly and probably would just prefer Leftovers and the help of a Great Tusk to Rapid Spin at that point. Finally, Tera Bug is almost never seen at high levels and I just want to note I used it on something (although sadly it was not my Tera click that game).

:Great Tusk: :Kingambit: :Dragapult: :Sneasler: :Heatran: :Rillaboom: -- paste, W vs mimilimi

This was a copy of xavgb's team, but with Kingambit over Roaring Moon and some set alterations to accomodate to this shift as Roaring Moon had just been banned. He deserves full credit for this team and helping champion this archetype at a time when it began to truly take over the tier. xavgb is a great player who I watched closely each week as his team selection was very impressive and this week I felt it was too good to pass up on an idea like his prior team. I do not want to steal the spotlight or take any credit for a concept/idea that was very much not my own and while I was happy I won the game, it is not really my place to expand a ton on the team like I did the others I built myself (which was every other team I brought).

:Gliscor: :Ting Lu: :Dragapult: :Slowking-Galar: :Kingambit: :Amoonguss: -- paste, W vs Joeshh

As we get deeper back into the tournament, my specific preparation recollections do start to fade a tad. This week I recall really wanting to use offensive Gliscor to capitalize on some structures and I wanted to mix it up a tad since I had yet to use Dragapult or Slowking-Galar, which both fit nicely on the pace of bulky-offense/balance I envisioned as best for this match-up.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Atk / 68 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect

This Gliscor absolutely shredded opposing Gliscor teams unless they were also SD and either faster and used their Tera or a turn ahead of me and used their Tera. The spread allows you to OHKO SDef Gliscor at +2 while outrunning it's most common opposing Gliscor spreads and things like modest Volcanion or Heatran. Tera Fairy can easily become Water or Steel, but Fairy just fit this team as I wanted extra back-up into Dark moves from Kingambit and Dragon moves. Earthquake damage also went up by a large margin here, which helped in my game and a ton in testing. This set should've seen a ton more usage and was one of the many reasons why I felt Gliscor's whole presence was broken rather than just the Spikes posterchild dynamic of it.

I was also able to debut a beauty that I feel was criminally underappreciated/underused going into this.

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Tera Dragon was easily the best Tera type on pivot Hex Dragapult in this metagame. I used it thrice and never felt even close to using the standard Ghost or a resistant type that is common on it like Fairy. Both of those have merits for sure, but boosted Draco into balance is an enormus improvement for Dragapult. In addition, neutralizing things like Cinderace Sucker Punch while netting an OHKO, which happened in this specific match, or being able to tank a Shadow Ball from Gholdengo, Crunch from Zamazenta, or a Dark move from Kingambit can go a long way. The boosted damage is the biggest seller and it is insane as a cleaner later in games -- this is of course just a standard set with an uncommon Tera, but my god the Tera paid so many dividends and I think it was underappreciated. Also, an honorable mention to Tera Fire + Flamethrower on Slowking-Galar, which helped improve a few match-ups with this team for me and is not too common either.

:Great Tusk: :Kingambit: :Roaring Moon: :Heatran: :Hatterene: :Rillaboom: -- paste, W vs Sylveon used calm mind

I expected some semblance of offense here and rather than risk playing too passive here, I opted to go with a surprise and fight fire with fire, which I was hoping would no be expected. I also thought my offense was positioned nicely with BU Booster Tusk, two priority users, and some timely defensive Tera types like Ghost on Heatran and Steel on Hatterene, which we did not always see leading up to this. This team had nothing creative or remarkable besides dozens of games grinding on the ladder to get accustom to it and make edits, which led to me being well-practiced and particularly ready for the opposing offensive match-up. Thankfully I faced that and got ahead early only to never look back. I was content with this team and my execution, but it was nothing revolutionary or standout -- it was pretty standard offense if anything. Sometimes just using what is best and practical is enough when you have the right situation after all.

:Ting Lu: :Amoonguss: :Zamazenta: :Alomomola: :Gholdengo: :Zapdos: -- paste, W vs Lily

I noticed my opponent never used Ting Lu and instantly I wanted to try both Specs Gholdengo and Gliscor lure Zapdos, which had Tera Blast Ice. Turns out both of them hit with Gholdengo nabbing a surprise OHKO on Rillaboom T1 and Zapdos later disposing of an otherwise worrisome Gliscor. These are the type of risks I am ok taking as both Pokemon can still function regardless -- i.e: Zapdos can just be a normal, offensive Zapdos and Gholdengo can still chip or Trick -- while potentially being plus given the lack of Ting Lu's presence.

Lily had a tough match-up and I was able to capitalize on an early lead to maintain in control, so there was just not a ton she could do as I was fortunate to get the lead sequence and general match-up in my favor. Lily is an awesome player and, in my opinion, better in OU than UU or anything else, but I think my scout being less full helped me a lot this early in the season. I really loved this team when it was all said and done. Being able to nail this match-up without going too far outside of my comfort zone or the realm of consistent options definitely felt like I was starting to hit a groove as this game was my second straight win after a loss week one, too.

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Tera Blast
- Roost
- Volt Switch

This is just self-explanatory in a Gliscor metagame, and it is something you like to bluff earlier in games to lure them into security or potentially not even have to exhaust your Tera with Zapdos. Obviously less effective into Ting Lu or some other Pokemon, but really did not expect Ting Lu from Lily given her history.

:Gliscor: :Ting Lu: :Zamazenta: :Ogerpon: :Gholdengo: :Dragonite: -- paste, W vs TPP

This was probably one of my favorite brings of the season and a build that I came to after a lot of discussion with my teammates and testing. TPP was a long-time friend of mine, but I really wanted to beat him since I knew how good he was in SPL (started 5-0 iirc) and proving that I could beat him to myself while getting on the board after a bad W1 was vital. I spent many, many hours on teams this week, cycling between a few that I ultimately deemed ineffective early in the week until a teammate made the suggestion about boots Ogerpon as glue and then refining the rest around the Gliscor + Ting Lu backbone I really wanted to try to vary it up from the HO I used W1. This team was later used by numerous others in the following weeks of the tournament and had some success there, too, so I was very glad that it caught on. Overall, a huge confidence boosting week for me as I was still getting my feet wet two weeks into the tournament. Major shoutout to Tony for making sure I did not settle on a lesser team and zio/Potato for all of the help this week as I was a mess for the most part. Lots of hours on my end of laddering and editing made this possible, too -- this was definitely the start of a trend of high-effort preps that helped position me well for the entire campaign.

As for the team specifically, forcing hazards with Lu into abusing them with the tempo and status/item removal from Gliscor and HDB Ogerpon while both were immune to opposing Spikes was huge. I felt like I could control games and then clean with Dragonite or Zamazenta after Gholdengo breaks it when given the right opening.

:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: :Roaring Moon: :Iron Valiant: :Iron Moth: :Kingambit: :Walking Wake: -- paste, L vs fogbound

This team was close to the generic booster spam, but with Taunt on Roaring Moon, a "lead" Iron Valiant meant to trade with TauntDBond, and a surprise Iron Moth with Tera Blast Ice for Gliscor. I was still adjusting to the metagame as it was all very fresh and evolving rapidly. I should have won this game if I sequenced my Tera and Roaring Moon properly, but I did not and fogbound nailed the sequence while having Wisp Tran, which specifically derailed my sweep after I forced him to Tera with my Wake early. I was very upset with how I played this and vowed to be more considerate and forward-thinking in future weeks after this loss. Thankfully, that happened and I appreciate the impact this had on me, but I knew from the jump I was better than the product I put out this week and the team I used was subject to improvement and better personalization as well. I will show off the fun Iron Moth from the time though.

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Tera Blast
- Psychic

Obviously this only was worthwhile during the Gliscor era, but I thought that when pairing this with something vulnerable to Gliscor when it was so common, you can get some big returns out of this set. Losing Substitute for Kingambit Sucker Punch had some issues, but I had Low Kick max speed on my own and DBond Valiant + Sub Wake, so I felt ok with the trade-off. It was awesome to demolish Gliscor balances on the ladder that week at least.

And that is all. This is every team with some fun sets I used highlighted and some bonus info/teams in the mix, too. I hope my thoughts sum up my experience well enough and I hope others enjoyed this tournament as much as I did during the bulk of it. I really had a ton of fun with SV OU during the last few months and cannot wait to do it again during the upcoming SPL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)