is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
Here are the results from week 3:
SV DOU: JRL vs zee
SV DOU: Xrn vs Tenzai
SV DOU: Akaru Kokuyo vs qsns
SV DOU: Nails vs Meminger21
SV DOU: Feyy vs xqiht

This week was quite the wild ride. With the exception of one game we saw basically all "upsets." I think that the pool is pretty close, and with how the meta is atm I really don't think these are exactly upsets for the most part, but the player with the worse record won every game (besides one). There also officially cant be an undefeated now with all three 2-0s losing! This week proved this is going to be an interesting season where you can't safely pick out one player over the rest! A few other notes:

• Ninetales stays undefeated winning both of its games this week!
  • Kingambit is on the rise being on 7/10 of the teams, the same amount as Flutter Mane!
  • Landorus was the most used Pokemon this week, being on 8/10 of the teams!
  • Amoonguss made a slight resurgence this week, going from being on 2 teams total this year to 4/10 this week!
  • Finally, This is the second week in a row where right side dominating besides the very top match up.. Maybe a trend?
I'm sure there is more to get out of this week, but these were the main ones that stuck out on a quick scan from me. With all of this said, onto the game analysis!
SV DOU: JRL vs zee
1697422419158.png
1697422431473.png

SV DOU: Xrn vs Tenzai
1697422465361.png
1697422473745.png

SV DOU: Akaru Kokuyo vs qsns
1697422548132.png
1697422569089.png

SV DOU: Nails vs Meminger21
1697422622482.png
1697422630053.png

SV DOU: Feyy vs xqiht
1697422666319.png
1697422675197.png
(I wanted to get match ups for week 4 up but I haven't done analysis for the games yet. I will make sure to do them asap and edit them in!)

Week 4 Match Ups:
SV DOU: qsns vs JRL
SV DOU: z0mOG vs raf
SV DOU: xqiht vs Nails
SV DOU: Tenzai vs Akaru Kokuyo
SV DOU: Meminger21 vs Xrn

Lunar.

DPL Champion
Here are the results from week 4:
SV DOU: qsns vs JRL
SV DOU: zee vs raf
SV DOU: xqiht vs Nails
SV DOU: Tenzai vs Akaru Kokuyo
SV DOU: Meminger21 vs Xrn

Last week we saw quite a few upsets, this week I think things evened out again. We saw some pretty interesting teams, including two set up Gholdengos, two Walking Wakes, and a Weezing! I'd say the games this week for the most part were the closest we have seen so far, and with players getting more comfortable and trying new ideas we are going to really start seeing the meta grow. Interestingly enough we now have 4 players tied for first with qsns, Nails, Xrn, and Akaru Kokuyo all sharing a 3-1 record. This wont be the case after next week though, with Nails and Xrn facing off this week! After this week there isn't a winless team anymore as well! Usually we see some teams struggle until much later into the tournament before getting a win in DOU, but this time around everyone seems a lot closer in skill!

I've been a little more busy recently so I'll try to do analysis for this and last week later if I can, but for now here are some interesting notes:

• Weirdly enough, last week we saw 7/10 Kingambits, but this week we saw literally none! Was Kingambit just a flavor of the week pick, or maybe its because Basculegion is gone? Either way 7 to 0 is a crazy drop.
  • Alolan-Ninetales continues to stay undefeated! It got used in 1 game, putting it at a 7-0 total record!
  • Kommo-o on the other hand has lost its undefeated record, losing the 1 game it was brought, falling to a 3-1 total record.
  • Shockingly we didn't see a single Baxcalibur this week! It right now has a 4-0 record, which is honestly very good for it see no usage. Maybe it will pop up again this next week? We will have to wait to see!
  • Landorus-t was the most used Pokemon the past two weeks, but this week it not only passed, but it dropped to 4th overall. Iron Hands took the position of most used being on 7/10 teams, and securing a very impressive 71% win rate on top of that!
  • This week we saw a lot of very offensive teams. Tornadus and Sun usage is a pretty good tell this format on how offensive the teams were, and with Tornadus filling half the teams, and solo Torkoal filling another, it seems like over half the players felt HO was the choice of this week! Tornadus did end the week with a 40% win rate though, so its possible this wont stay a trend.
  • This week has finally tied the two popular Ogerpons, with both Wellspring and Hearthflame now being at 12 total usage each.
  • Finally, we saw the trend of all the right player sweeping every match besides the very first one broken this week. Not only did zee break this trend, but they also got their first official team tournament win while doing it! Good work zee!

Those are the main things that stood out to me after this week! If you see any other interesting points definitely post them here! The field is looking very close in terms of skill and I think we are in for some really good games this upcoming week!

Week 5 Match Ups:
SV DOU: Akaru Kokuyo vs Meminger21
SV DOU: Nails vs Xrn
SV DOU: JRL vs Tenzai
SV DOU: Feyy vs qsns
SV DOU: eragon11145 vs zee

Last edited:

Lunar.

DPL Champion
Here are the results from week 5:
SV DOU: Ann vs Meminger21
SV DOU: Nails vs Xrn
SV DOU: JRL vs Tenzai
SV DOU: Feyy vs qsns
SV DOU: eragon11145 vs zee

This week was by FAR the most unique when it came to team choice. We saw Tyranitar, we saw Okidogi, we saw Weezing, Hail, Life Orb Heatran, Bundle, U-turn Ogerpon, Psyspam.. the list goes on and on. It is really cool to see just how wild people are willing to get in the builder this format. The best part was that a lot of these unique ideas actually won too! Another interesting thing we saw were both subs win their games! Usually subs tend to struggle a bit but these were fairly convincing wins out of Ann and eragon, making the field look even closer. We have 3 teams tied for top records: Xrn on the platoons, qsns on the Machines, and Akaru on the Foxes. All teams share a 4-1 record, but that will not stay the same this week. Just like last week we have Xrn playing an x-1 player, this time being Akaru. We also saw qsns get subbed out for Sempra, so this week may be extra wild! With more styles proving they can win, and with 3 different players than what we started with, this is looking to be yet another wild week! One final note is that DWCOP just started, which definitely will have a bit of an influence one what people bring for SCL. Excited to see just how far this meta gets pushed within the next few months before DLC2!

Anyway, onto some notes from this week:

• Alolan-Ninetales sadly has earned its first loss this week.. This is such a sad day.. A moment of silence for our fallen.. :psycry: In brighter news Ninetales has been brought 9 times and has an 8-1 record which is still very strong!
  • A new broken Pokemon seems to be emerging, with Baxcaliber earning 2 wins this week, putting it a 5-0 record so far! Definitely a Pokemon to keep an eye out for with just how strong it has looked!
  • Amoonguss has looked incredible so far, being on 11 total teams and keeping a 73% win rate. This technically makes it the best Grass type out of all the different ones we have seen!
  • Tyranitar was used again moving up to a 2-0 record. Even though its not too crazy of a record its still interesting as Tyranitar is a Pokemon that was written off as bad due to being weak to Fighting, Fairy and Grass, which you see on EVERY team.
  • Okidogi also gets a win this week while being a considered unusable in a meta overran by Landorus-Ts. People also considered it just a worse version of Iron Hands, so its interesting to see just how dominant it looked during that game. Okidogi does have one good thing going for it, getting a +1 from Intimidate. Limiting the switch in power of not only its #1 threat but also the 2nd most used Pokemon so far may be enough for people to start trying it out. It'll be interesting to see just what this game does to the meta!
  • Flutter Mane barely takes the spot of most used Pokemon this week over Landorus-T, being on 7/10 teams while Landorus was on 6/10. This puts Flutter Mane at 30/50 total teams while Landorus-T is at 29/50! Something to note is that Iron Hands is at 26/50 but after that its a pretty big drop to Tornadus at 18/50 teams. Shows just how dominant these two Pokemon are in the meta.
  • Last but not least, Kommo-o was used 3 times this week and only lost once.. to itself. It has lost once in a non mirror but besides that has looked pretty unstoppable. It'll be interesting to see if more people abuse Kommo-o, and if so how people will stop it from dominating games as hard as its been!
A lot of statistic stuff this week but with how wild the teams were I think its fair to discuss just how much stood out! This week we see an appearance from bage1 and sempra (Over 4-1 qsns?!), while eragon is getting yet another chance to shine! If the games are anything like last weeks then the real winners are the spectators because we are in for a treat! Oh and I'll see what I can do about getting the game by game analysis back! Been busy lately but if people like them then as a man of the people I'll see what I can do! Anyway onto week 6!

Week 6 Match Ups:
SV DOU: zee vs Nails
SV DOU: sempra vs eragon11145
SV DOU: Tenzai vs Feyy
SV DOU: bage1 vs JRL
SV DOU: Xrn vs Akaru Kokuyo

Xrn

is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
SV DOU: zee (30) vs Nails (70) - Zee got their first sheet wins a couple weeks ago versus a debuting raf, but lost a weird game last week to eragon who was also debuting. Nails was the top ranked player by far coming into the season and is Technically Underperforming I Guess but he's still 3-2. Zee has mostly opted for solid teams taking heavy inspiration from VGC while Nails has definitely been cooking a bit but mainly sticking to balanced teams and abusing hazards. Love zee but they're still struggling while Nails is Nails, still a favorite to win vs anyone in the pool.
SV DOU: sempra (55) vs eragon111(45) - Eragon won his debut last week with a Tera Poison(???) Okidogi in a pretty convincing game to help save his team from the bottom of the standings. Meanwhile sempras a strong VGCer making his debut and has shown some interest in DOU outside this tour by signing up for Teamballo and DWCOP. I rate qsns teams highly and for them to let sempra take over the slot even on a busy week I assume they know sempras down to put in effort. Hardest game to predict, eragon has made some nice calls in the builder like last week's Okidogi but has also provided some strange sets like slow AV Walking Wake. Gonna favor the player who I think is a bit more likely to show up with a good team and solid play.
edit: I've learned that these two also play for teamballo this week and that's really funny
SV DOU: Tenzai (40) vs Feyy (60) - The OSDT winner has struggled a bit in his officials debut, being 1-3 and subbing out for raf after a timer loss. Tenzai has a slightly better record at 2-3 but has had just as many questionable games imo, largely stemming from team choice. Feyy's teams are really "DOU Zoomer" to me which sounds really silly but like idk there's a specific vibe for sure and it usually works for them. Both players were unlucky in their losses last week, I think Feyy should've kinda just won vs qsns in a clean game and Tenzai's +2 Gholdengo got crit by JRL which took him from a heavily favored position to dead lost. Slightly favor Feyy but close matchup if Tenzai brings a solid team.
SV DOU: bage1 (51) vs JRL (49) - im tired so this ones gonna be shorter wahoo, new age ladder warrior vs slightly less new age ladder warrior. I see bage1 alts on the ladder 24/7 and even though I think their teams are hit or miss they have umbry support which should hopefully lead to something good being chosen. JRL is definitely more proven but I like bage1s play most of the time too. Traditionally I'd bold JRL but I haven't been a big fan of their teams and I feel like bage1s gonna be really hungry for a win in their first SCL game.

Lunar. :heart:

Last edited:

Lunar.

DPL Champion
Here are the results from week 6:

Okay I take it back, THIS week had by far the most unique teams. We saw Weezing, Gapdos, Regidraco, Manaphy, Palafin, Lilligant, and even a Dondozo. Players are really trying to push the boundaries in the builder, hoping to counter the big 4 we have now in Flutter Mane, Iron Hands, Landorus-T, and Ogerpon. We also got to see some new faces this week, with sempra and bage1 getting their first games in! We have now had 15 unique DOU players in SCL so far! After this week we have one team left at with an x-1 record being the Platoons. While Xrn has the most wins at this point in the league being 5-1, eragon11145 has yet to lose with a solid 2-0 record, and qsns is still 4-1 as they did not play last week. Ann is also undefeated with a 1-0 record, subbing in this week to play Nails! I still feel this pool is very close, and with only 3 weeks left and just how close the run for play offs is at this point, basically everyone is going to be putting in their top effort, so expect some exciting games!

Since I have a little extra time this week I figured it would be fun to do some game analysis again!

We start off with an exciting one! Nails may not be have looked in the same form as his 9-1 record last year, but its Nails, even underperforming he is still the favorite. On the other side we have zee, someone I personally hyped up a lot before this season started but definitely has struggled so far. I think a lot of their issues come from early game. I don't know what it is but they tend to struggle the first few turns and then end up playing catch up the rest of the game. With that said, zee is still an extremely talented player and if they can get over that mental hurdle then I think they have the ability to beat anyone.

Looking at the teams I don't think either are bad. In fact, I really like the idea of zee's. Manaphy is a very interesting Pokemon because in DOU its ability is usually irrelevant, but zee found a way around this by adding a Weezing! We have seen a slight rise in Weezing's usage because it pairs so well with the Paradox Pokemon, as a lot don't use their abilities to begin with. Utilizing strong pokemon that dont need their abilities and Ogerpon who actually can get additional boosts with Neutralizing Gas and you get a really cool team. On Nail's side we get a double Ghost double Intimidate team. I honestly haven't thought too much about Gholdengo without Tornadus, but it seems to fit pretty well here. Double Intimidate can shut down the heavy physical usage of this meta for Gholdengo to slowly set up and run through games. Ogerpon can also carry Follow Me to activate Gholdengo even more. My main issue with this team is the lack of speed control. The best option I can see is Icy Wind Flutter Mane which isn't going to help vs these more offensive Tornadus Tailwind teams that we are seeing all over now. I think the team is cool but definitely a risk, especially against someone who builds as off meta as zee does.

So funny thing about this game is turn 1 we find out zee messed up and kept it as Levitate Weezing.. not the best start LOL. Funny enough something good about this at least is that you basically wall the opposing Landorus-T now, but you definitely would rather have the gas here. Remember earlier how I said zee tends to start off behind, well that is not the case at all this game. With good positioning and reads, zee is able to not only set up Manaphy while taking very little damage, but also got a double KO on both Nails' Ogerpon and Tera'd Landorus-T. This is finally the start zee needed in this kind of setting, but this is Nails on the other side here, a player who I've seen somehow win games from behind more times than I can remember. Nails does make a good player bringing in Fake Out pressure next to a HArcanine that has a real cool tech, Roar. Removing the Manaphy and forcing in the Weezing is just what Nails needs to have a shot in this game. We see the Gholdengo come in and be immune to the Will-O-Wisp from Weezing which was honestly funny, and now with Flutter Mane on the field for Nails we see the offensive momentum swing. Scald does very little damage to Gholdengo as it sets up to +4. We also see zee Gunk Shot the Gholdengo which I honestly have no clue about, may have been a misclick or something I'd need explained to me.. BUT Gholdengo is now threatening a sweep. After having to a little switching zee is forced to sacrifice Manaphy and Iron hands, but in return can force out the Gholdengo with Ogerpon and Flutter Mane. The downside is zee is forced to lock their Specs Flutter Mane into Shadow Ball, and with a really good read Nails KOs the Weezing and almost OHKOing the Roaring Moon with a Drain Punch from Iron Hands. This is where zee has to decide just how they can come back from this position, as they have lost this strong lead and are staring down a full health Iron Hands. Turn 15 we see zee decide to trade the Flutter Mane for Nails' HArcanine, leaving zee down to just a 10% Roaring Moon and an Ogerpon. Luckily the Roaring Moon is speed booster so it is definitely faster than Nails' Flutter Mane, but the main issue is this Iron Hands. I want to say Nails did such an amazing job adding the right amount of pressure each turn while positioning perfectly each situation get here after such a strong lead. A lot of people would struggle to switch out a +3 Gholdengo, but it was the correct play and gave Nails the edge in this end game. Nails decides to bring in the Flutter Mane and Shadow Ball the Ogerpon while Drain Punching the Roaring Moon. Normally this is a fine play, and in a perfect world this is always correct.. BUT Ivy Cudgel is a high crit move. We see the Iron Hands get crit this turn, taking 60%. This actually allows the Ogerpon to 2HKO the Iron Hands now, and with Gholdengo unable to Tera at this point the win ends up going to zee.

I think the biggest issue this game for Nails was using his Tera on Landorus-T. Yes, surviving the Manaphy's scald would've been nice short term, but someone of zee's level will never allow their Manaphy to take a x2 Stomping Tantrum. Besides that I feel Nails played an extremely solid game, and without the crit definitely would have won. Having to tank 2 Ivy Cudgels will cause that to happen though. I can proudly say zee had a strong early game! There was no way to expect Roar so you cant fault that, but I felt their mid game was a little slow after gaining the lead. When you play Nails you cant give him room to breath even with a lead because he knows just how to claw his way back into these games. Another issue was.. well.. the Weezing LOL. I am sure that will not happen again but yea.. definitely didn't help! I actually really enjoyed this game though! It had solid positioning, good game planning, cool techs, fun teams, and overall was the level of play you expect to see on the big stage! Happy to see zee starting to find their rhythm! As for Nails, yes 3-3 is definitely not what you expect out of him but he played a really solid game and I do think he will finish 6-3 before play offs if he can keep that playing at the level.

This one is pretty interesting as we have two substitutes battling it out, both in for different reasons. Eragon got a chance to hop in after xq's unexpected struggle but has been making good use of this opportunity, holding a solid 2-0 record at this point. On the other side we have sempra who I assume subbed in because qsns was busy? With a 4-1 record I cant see it being for any reason besides that. I definitely think sempra is a very solid player, but from what I have seen recently has been struggling a little bit. Will be interesting to see just how sempra plays on such a big stage. After getting top 8 at worlds I'm sure this is nothing to them though LOL. Also fun fact, they play for two different tournaments this week so there is even more layers added to this game!

Both these players went crazy in the builder oml.. On eragon's side we have a pure Grass Ogerpon? I think its a cool call as not only is Landorus-T a top 2 used Pokemon, but being able to Tera and be faster than nonbooster Flutter Mane adds a lot of pressure to teams atm. We do see his Wisp Volcanion that he used to great success last week too. Overall I think its a solid team, it has the big 4 + two good partners in Volcanion and Tornadus. Cant go wrong with that. On sempra's side.. there is a lot to talk about. First we see double Dragon, this time a Roaring Moon being put next to Baxcalibur instead of Kommo-o. We have seen a lot of Roaring Moon lately, and even though I don't think its a bad Pokemon, I definitely think its hard to fit on teams as its shut down pretty hard by 3 of the big 4. I do like SnowBax a lot, and Amoonguss is a solid partner to help further activate Baxcalibur's sweeping potential. Add a Heatran to help take shut down opposing Diancies and Steels while resisting Fairy and you have a pretty good core.. wait there is a Dondozo? I have no clue how to feel about Dondozo at the moment, its definitely not bad into set up style teams.. BUT with all the Iron Hands, Specs Flutter Manes, and especially the Grass spam I think its hard to fit well into your standard team. Yes the rest of the team helps a lot vs Grass spam, but you still need to deal with your other two threats. I think this team is very weird, its VERY dependent on forcing positions with Amoonguss and Yawn Dondozo while you try to sweep with Baxcaliber. If the sweep doesn't happen though you're basically a sitting duck. Even at preview I give give eragon a big advantage here as Volcanion and Iron Hands already put on so much pressure, now you have to deal with a Tornadus that can shut down your Aurora Veil? The good thing is at least there isn't a Landorus-T on sempra's side, so there isn't many opportunities to get boosts on your Ogerpon. If sempra can force good positions and possibly put the Iron Hands to sleep then this is definitely winnable, but they definitely have a lot of work to put in this game.

Our leads and SnowBax vs Volcanion and Flutter Mane. I like the lead from sempra as if there is a Tornadus on the field then its being pressured to get knocked out if it tries to stop the Veil, or even get set up on while using a turn. On top of that it would not be adding any really offensive pressure, so eragon would be playing a bit behind early on. This lead from eragon is a lot stronger as even though you cant stop a Veil from going up outside of Icy Wind + being faster (or Sunny Day Flutter but no one runs that), you pressure possible knock outs here unless sempra uses their Tera early. The turn 1 goes really poorly for eragon, predicting a Tera on the Baxcalibur and opting to Shadow Ball and Steam Eruption into it. The Bax does not end up Teraing and gets a strong crit on the Flutter Mane, getting rid of a huge threat and getting Veil for free. It is revealed to be Ice Body Bax, as well as not Clear Amulet or Leftovers? this is a lot of good information for eragon, especially if they are the Wisp Volcanion that has gained so much popularity. Eragon ends up revealing Protect on Landorus-T, a move we basically never see on it usually wants all its move slots, but it allows it to dodge an Icy Wind. We also see the eragon return the crit this turn, one shotting the Ninetales through Veil. This can be a big deal depending on how long the game goes as Snow and Veil are a huge part of how you shut down Iron Hands from beating your Baxcaliber without Tera. With how sempra's team is built, this game definitely has the potential to go all 7+ turns. We do end up seeing Wisp revealed from the Volcanion, making the Bax on sempra's end basically useless as the Dondozo does reveal Yawn. Funny enough a few turns later sempra is able to get a position where there is a sleeping Iron Hands and Tornadus on the opposing side of the field. The issue is how long this took without doing any damage. With Ninetales gone there is no way of getting your screens up, and Dondozo and Amoonguss lack and damage output to make the sleep turns really effective. We do see a very cool aspect to sempra's team though, the Magma Storm + Yawn duo. They do end up missing the first Magma Storm on the Iron Hands but eventually get it off with a Yawn on it. This allows sempra to slowly eliminate the Iron Hands, basically opening up the game to a possible Roaring Moon clean up end game. Eragon ends up revealing to be Tera Flying Terablast Landorus-T, which allows it to live the Wave Crash from Dondozo while removing the Baxcalibur. The Roaring Moon comes in with an attack boost and this feels like this is sempra big chance.. until it trades a Tornadus for getting burnt. I dont think you were getting a Knock out on the Volcanion this turn but I feel like the Landorus-T was never staying in here. Yes getting a KO on Tornadus for free is nice, but it definitely wasn't nearly as threatening this end game as Volcanion is. From here sempra tries to come back by Dragon Dancing up, but loses the Dondozo and gets intimidated in the process. There is still one thing sempra has, Tera. They up using it on Amoonguss in an attempt to cant the Landorus-t Terablasting it, but instead eragon just doubles the Roaring Moon finishing it off. With the Amoonguss being a Water type now and the Ogerpon revealing Stomping Tantrum, a cool tech tbh, the only way to really save this game is to make a possible read and protect the Heatran while going for a KO on the Ogerpon with a Pollen Puff. Instead we see a Rage Powder? The Landorus-T was forced to sleep this turn so I do not understand this play at all. Since Ogerpon is a Grass type it just bypasses the redirection and gets rid of sempra's last hope in this game. Really weird way to go out, sempra had plenty of time so I still don't understand besides either throwing in the towel early or forgetting the mechanic due to maybe stress. Either way eragon finishes off the game cleanly and secures their second win.

I think sempra played a really strong midgame tbh, and got to show off some of the cool parts to this team. My issue was the team still just felt a little too slow, and maybe with some changes it has the potential to be meta defining. Amoonguss is definitely a great Pokemon but maybe its lacking something like Ogerpon there instead, a Pokemon that offers more offense while still giving the redirection aspect. Eragon has been playing solid so and been bringing pretty strong teams too. Only thing you can say against the 2-0 is that it has been against someone new to DOU and someone who is underperforming, but I really do think this has been a strong performance by eragon so far. I am excited to see how eragon does against the rest of the pool these next 3 weeks!

Both of these players have been struggling a bit this tournament. Feyy definitely has gotten a bit unlucky so far, but I also think both of thier team choices have been a little awkward going into this meta. I definitely know Feyy more for their offensive builds, usually trying to break holes in teams with Chi-yu and then snowball from there. Funny enough the games they have looked best with this tournament have been slower more position and set up based teams. It just doesn't look that way because they have gotten fairly unlucky when piloting those builds. Tenzai teams have been wild this year, all being super out of the box. We have seen Rain, Snow, Gapdos, even a Trick Room team revolved around HGoodra. If there is one thing I can say about Tenzai its you never know what to expect, but with how this metagame has been sadly that doesnt always work out. I think these two players are struggling because of the builder, and they both definitely have the talent to win if they can find the right teams for them.

Now that I'm done talking about teams, lets talk about.. teams! Feyy decided to bring a pretty interesting Snow team with a different Dragon this time in Roaring Moon! Like I said before, Roaring Moon is on the rise! I think the team looks a little wonky on paper but I can see how it functions. Usually Iron Hands is the biggest issue for Roaring Moon, which Sinistcha shuts down hard. I think the double Fairy is a little awkward, but if you can get your Veil up and position properly then I can definitely see this team performing well. Another note is that Wisp Heatran has also been on the rise, which can also shut down Iron Hands even further. Overall a little wonky of a build from Feyy, but I think its interesting and cool! Now we get to Tenzai LOL. I'm not going to lie this is the definitely of all in. We have the most hard core Hyper Offense Sun team I've ever seen. The back bone to this team is literally Psyspam! There really isn't much to say here besides its a very hit or miss match up fish. I know the Spartans are out so this could just be laziness in the builder, since personally I'd never Sun Psyspam into Feyy knowing their Chi-yu usage.. But who knows lets see how the game goes!

Turn 1 we see the Torkoal take 90% from a double into the Flutter Mane switch on Tenzai's end, setting the sun to give Roaring Moon an attack boost as well while Trick Room goes up from Indeedee. Tenzai catches Feyy letting off pressure turn 2 when he Protects the Roaring Moon and Heat Waves a Armarouge and Protecting Indeedee, giving it a free boost. The issue is there is still a Heatran at full health on the field. We see Tenzai try to get some sort of damage off on it with Expanding Force but it does literally 18%, losing Indeedee in the process. Walking Wake comes in here and gets a Special attack boost, pressuring a ton of damage if it can get it off. Sadly for Tenzai it turns out to be Fairy Terablast Heatran.. BUT IT LIVES? I wont lie if the Walking Wake fainted here the game literally just ended as Tenzai has zero outs at that point, but instead we see Walking Wake take out the Roaring Moon and Expanding Force do a ton of damage to the no longer resisted Heatran. The issue because the Walking Wake was Life Orb it faints after getting the Knock out, leaving it basically up to Flutter Mane and Armorogue to win this game. Tenzai ends up bringing the Flutter Mane in while Trick Room is on its last turn, fainting to a Heavy Slam from Heatran. With Psychic Terrain gone and Torkoal so low, this game is basically over now that Flutter Mane has fainted on Tenzai's side. Yes he gets a double knock out, but Flutter Mane now threatens a KO on Armorogue and the only way to get Sun back up is to basically sacrifice your Lilligant. Tenzai instead decides to Protect the Torkoal, letting Armorogue faint and Veil to go up from Ninetales on Feyy's side. This is where Tenzai finally resigns as there is literally no coming back from this situation.

I didn't really get to go into detail on positioning this game because it was basically super straight forward. This was a very bad match up for Tenzai, and with a team like Tenzai's its basically impossible to come back from that. Roaring Moon and Heatran did their job breaking holes into the team early on while Ninetales shut down the Sun late game allowing Flutter Mane to clean up. Very clean play on Feyy's end knowing just how to pilot their team again Sun HO. I hope that Feyy continues to use more teams like this as I definitely think this is where they shine. As for Tenzai, I think he needs to take a step back from the Hyper Offense team fishing and bring something that can give him a more neutral match up. He is a good player, he just needs the tools to play a straight up game and not lose in preview.

This is going to be a fun one. JRL has been performing solid as expected this tournament, while the Breakers have shockingly been underperforming. With bage1 and umbry looking over teams for Meminger who looked so strong pre-SCL, I'm sure I was not the only one that thought this team was a contender for record by the end of this season. I don't exactly know what is going wrong either. Their teams have been good enough, and their play hasn't looked bad. It just felt like all their games resulted in close loses. Whatever the case I do agree with changing it up and giving bage1 a shot. Bage1 had looked very solid in OSDT both play and build-wise, so I can definitely see them being able to help pull the Breakers out of the hole they are in at the moment. The Breakers are in the running for playoffs still, so they definitely need to pick it up if they want their team in playoffs.

Looking at the preview we see a standard SnowBax build out of JRL. Nothing too surprising on the surface, its a solid team that I'd expect JRL to load up to a tournament match. On bage1's side we see a super offensive looking build. I honestly don't understand a bit of it, as GZapdos doesn't fit too well in my head, and I personally haven't seen Regidraco do anything crazy unless the match up is extremely good for. JRL is known for having pretty solid teams, loving his Fairy and Steel types. I don't know if this team is the best to bring into JRL, but I also don't have a good understand of Regidraco in general so lets see how it goes!

Turn 1 goes very bad bage1 as we see JRL Tera Ghost his Heatran to avoid a Close Combat from GZapdos, allowing it to get a Heat Wave off and get a lucky Burn on the GZapdos. Veil gets traded for Ninetale's life as Gholdengo takes it out with a Make It Rain. Funny enough, if it was the more standard Tera Fairy Heatran then this turn would've gone so much better for bage1, basically locking Heatran into getting hit for Super Effective no matter what. Tera Ghost was a good call on JRL's end. Overall even though bage1 got a KO this turn they are very far behind. JRL takes the lowered damage output on bage1's side as an opportunity to set up with Ogerpon, getting a Swords Dance up. Bage1 gets some damage off on both of JRL's Pokemon but is falling further and further behind. Funny enough I almost feel like the Heat Wave dodge on Gholdengo was worse for bage1 as Gholdengo isn't pressuring enough to want to still be on the field. To be honest after the start the game becomes pretty one sided. At one point bage1 pressures a KO on JRL's +2 Ogerpon and tries to read it to Spiky Shield, but JRL just double attacks instead and all of a sudden its bagel's last 2 vs JRL's 5 Pokemon behind Veil. The Regidraco reveals to be Tera Dragon which I don't think is common? I feel like I usually see Steel Terablast on it. Either way there is just too much damage from JRL's side, double Grassy Gliding into the Regidraco to lower its Dragon Energy damage output. From there JRL just smoothly cleans up the game.

Overall JRL played as expected. I said it already but if there is anyone I feel I could give a straight up solid team to and expect them to pilot it at a high level its JRL. I still don't really understand bage1's team fully, but again that's probably just because I haven't personally touched some of the Pokemon yet. I do feel that it wasn't the best call into JRL though, and this team may have the potential to be very strong into someone less structured in the builder. I do have a lot of faith in bage1 as a player and a builder though, so I hope to see a bounce back from them. They were so good at finding hidden techs and building solid teams during OSDT, they just need to find that magic they had then and bring it here.

Last but not least we have the battle of the x-1s! I know that Xrn is my teammate but I stand by this was the highlight game going into the week. Akaru has looked very strong this tournament, making strong unique builds and piloting them at a high level. Xrn on the other hand has been claiming to "lose" at preview every game and find a way to misplay and yet still win. I swear he loves stressing me out.. but yea he is x-1 so I guess he is good?

Our team this week was inspired by Nido-Rus' Palafin team he used vs SMB. He had a Pelipper over Tornadus which makes sense, but I wanted to allow the team to have multiple modes with double weather while also basically always allowing us to get Tailwind up for Gholdengo if needed. Palafin has been considered pretty bad since the release of Ogerpon, but Nido-Rus showed us just how strong Fighting Tera Bulk Up Palafin can be if you play it right. I was instantly invested in the idea, and with triple priority and multiple set up options and modes, I felt the team was perfect for a tournament like SCL. Akaru brought a pretty unique Chi-yu Flutter Mane team, opting to have Glimmora and Indeedee instead of your usual Ogerpon and Rillaboom/Iron Hands. I think the team is cool, especially after finding out its a more bulky set up based Chi-yu. Overall I really like Akaru's team and the match up is very interesing.

First turn of this game we see the Chi-yu on Akaru's end reveal Tera Dragon in order to stop Landorus-T from Xrn doing a ton of damage to it with Stomping Tantrum. Funny enough, Xrn Teras the Landorus-T on his end in fear of a possible Choice Specs Overheat possibly OHKOing it. The Stomping Tantrum from Xrn's Landorus-t ends up getting a crit, allowing the Make It Rain from our Gholdengo to bring Chi-yu down to 5% while it sets up a Nasty Plot. At this as Xrn I think you have two safe plays, double sacrifice your Pokemon to get Tornadus Palafin in for free, or Protect Gholdengo and U-Turn with your own Landorus-T in order to get Tornadus in for free and set up a Tailwind. The Chi-yu is revealed to be the fastest thing on the field so you need to take care of it fast in order to not lose too many resources. Xrn opts to go for the double sacrifice play, bringing in his Tornadus and... Ogerpon? I figured the thought process here was he didn't want to lose if the Tornadus misses the Chi-yu so doubling it as safety was the best way to play it. But then he.. switches to Palafin on the Ogerpon slot. This is just blatantly the wrong order. If your plan was to do the switch play then you have to do it in the way that gets you momentum, this just has you get a double knock but now there is a Palafin that needs to switch out anyway on your board. Akaru ends up bringing in Tornadus and Flutter Mane and thankfully matches Tailwinds this turn instead of Bleakwind Storming, as they may have ended the game on the spot. Ogerpon gets to come in on Xrn's side while only having to take a Dazzling Gleam and is now pressuring a knock out here if the Tornadus is slower. The Flutter Mane on Akaru's side switches as its locked into Dazzling Gleam, and Xrn goes for the game here, setting up a Sunny Day and actually being faster than the Tornadus, one shotting it with a Sun boosted Ivy Cudgel. From here it may look bad because the Choice Specs Flutter Mane is now getting a Special Attack boost too, but Xrn reveals Rain Dance here, removing the boost while also powering up our future Jet Punches. Rillaboom comes in and Xrn makes the correct call here, basically checkmating the position as he Grassy Glides into the Indeedee switch it with Ogeron. This gives up Ogerpon, but in return Rillaboom also gets off a U-Turn, bringing in the Palafin safely with no way of Psychic Terrain going up again. From here Flutter Mane can no longer safely come in, as Jet Punch always KOs the Glimmora and Wood Hammer always KOs the Indeedee. A few turns later and Akaru cant find a way out of the position, allowing Xrn to clean up with his priority moves.

Overall I think this game was pretty well played on both sides outside of the.. Palafin turn.. But we move on. The crit on the Chi-yu definitely helped early on for Xrn as it really dumbed down how the end game had to play out. This was probably the perfect match up for Palafin too, as there was no Grass or Water type on Akaru's side. Overall I'd say the match up may have been Xrn favored, but Akaru did have the tools to win so who knows. Either way it was an exciting game! Kinda hard to talk about my own team so.. yea LOL.

With that I have done a week of analysis again! This take up a lot of time though and I usually don't have free time so I don't think I'll be doing this again until maybe playoffs. I am sorry if there are typos I usually reread these like three times but this time around I'm going full stream of conscious so I hope its at least slightly eligible. The run for play offs is really close with only 1 team out at week 7! These matches all matter a lot so we should be in for some exciting games!

Week 7 Match Ups:
SV DOU: Nails vs Ann
SV DOU: JRL vs Xrn
SV DOU: Feyy vs bage1
SV DOU: eragon11145 vs Tenzai
SV DOU: zee vs qsns

Last edited:

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SV DOU: Nails vs Ann - Nails is nails, hard to predict against him at any point of any season
SV DOU: JRL vs Xrn - THAT'S MY GOAT XRN IS THE SINGLE BEST PLAYER TO EXIST IN THE TIER I HAVE BEEN SAYING IT FOR A LONG TIME THERE iS NO ONE ID RATHER SEE PLAY THAN THE GOAT XRN WITH THE GOAT SUPPORT LUNAR, GLAD I CAN BE OF SOME ASSISTANCE IN ANY CAPAICTY TO YOU TWO GODS, THANKS FOR BEATING AKURA AFTER THE BUGGER CALLED ME OLD. I WILL BOLD XRNS NAME ALL SEASON LONG FOREVER!!!!!!
SV DOU: Feyy vs bage1 - feyy has been having a monster year, good player and good game, could go either way tbh
SV DOU: eragon11145 vs Tenzai - eragon coming in with the dart board teams and a dream but managing to pilot them extremely well, glad to see it happen and hope it continues.
SV DOU: zee vs qsns - impossible to predict this game, highlight of the week forsure

also props to you lunar for being a qt 3.14 and also single handily keeping this thread alive, you rule

Posting to reaffirm that Lunar. is the GOAT for keeping this thread alive, providing us with amazing analyses, and enabling me to recreate SCL teams without making a complete fool of myself (I did that anyway this week but not because of the teams!)

SV DOU: Nails vs Ann: We've seen very little from Ann so far, but they brought a really unique team and have been solid in DWCOP. I believe they can surprise Nails, who is coming off of two subsequent losses. Nails is Nails, though, so it's impossible to ever count him out; I think this will be a close one.
SV DOU: JRL vs Xrn: Xrn has been killing it lately, and also Mizu has very nice things to say about him and I believe Mizu so go Mizu and go Lunar and go Xrn.
SV DOU: Feyy vs bage1: FEY MY GOAT I BELIEVE IN YOU (bagel is so cool too this will be very fun)
SV DOU: eragon11145 vs Tenzai: Okidogi <3 also ERAGON MY GOAT I BELIEVE IN YOU
SV DOU: zee vs qsns: Possibly the closest matchup, qsns is super consistent and has been performing incredibly well this SCL. zee has the momentum going for them from last week's win against Nails while qsns sat out the eragon matchup, so this will be really interesting to watch.

Lunar.

DPL Champion
Here are the results from week 7:
SV DOU: Nails vs Ann
SV DOU: JRL vs Xrn
SV DOU: Feyy vs bage1
SV DOU: eragon11145 vs Tenzai
SV DOU: zee vs qsns

Hello friends! We are back with yet with yet another exciting week of SCL! We are getting very close to the end of the regular season of this SCL, and with that the games get more meaningful as teams fight for every point to get one of those top 4 positions. The Terrors and Platoons have secured their play off spots last week, while the Spartans have been out for a while now. That means that there are still 7 teams fighting in do or die matches to try and get those last 2 slots! Here are the standings as of now:

1700101705790.png

The reason I bring this up is because it will most likely effect how a lot of players approach these next 2 weeks. Do you risk your play off chances on an interesting yet unproven build? Or do you go for a comfort pick that is proven on the big stage? These are some of the questions these players will be thinking going into these games. Its very possible we will see teams move away from forcing their own came plans and instead try to cover for most match ups. Sometimes its safer to go for more neutral match ups than few heavily favored match ups. I will say this group of players have been building far more diverse teams than I have seen in most SCLs, so this may not be the case! Either way I am definitely excited to see what people bring to these high pressure games, as well as who can overcome said pressure and get a win in such an important week!

Some notes about last week! We saw the fall of every undefeated doubles player with both Ann and eragon11145 taking their first losses. This can change if Actuarily wins his first game of the season this week, but if he doesn't then there will be no undefeated DOU records this SCL unless there is a substitute last week that can clutch a win. Xrn stands at the top of the pool after beating JRL last week! There is a player that is very close behind though, with qsns holding a very strong 5-1 record! If qsns played every week it is possible they would be tied with Xrn, but for now these two definitely stand at the top so far! However, none of this talk about records and statistics of players matters this week. Every game matters, and this is where it counts the most. The Breakers may have a 1-6 record for example, but none of that matters if they clutch it up and win these next two weeks. It will be exciting to see who rises above the rest and puts up the results needed to push their teams to the final stage!

Of course it wouldn't be one of my SCL posts without going over some fun notes from the week!

• As per usual, Flutter Mane (7/10), Iron Hands (7/10), and Landorus-T (6/10) stand above the rest by a lot in terms of overall usage this week. Something I haven't actually been taking note of is how much Ogerpon is used in general. The Waterpon usage was at 5/10, Firepon was at 2/10, and shockingly we saw our first Stonepon! Overally this actually puts Ogerpon at a 8/10 usage, technically the most used of the week! I decided to look at the overall usage of all Ogerpons together, which actually hits 43/70 teams! This actually ties Flutter Mane as the most overall used Pokemon in the format!
  • Despite Alolan-Ninetales and Baxcalibur both having over an 80% win rate we actually saw neither this week! It may be because of how important these weeks are and the rise of Tornadus recently. Players didn't want to risk running into a manual weather setting and possibly having a useless piece to their team. Maybe its the rise in Gholdengo usage, a Pokemon that ignores Encore from Ninetales and allows it to set up freely. Who knows! It'll be interesting to see if players continue to leave these two out of their builders!
  • Now that we have talked about Pokemon that have done well, lets talk about Pokemon that haven't! Indeedee-F is by FAR the worst Pokemon this SCL, holding a 0-6 overall record. This doesn't help its good friend Armarouge, who holds an 0-4 overall record. I guess Psyspam has fallen off a bit.. Another interesting stat I've mentioned before is just how bad Chi-yu is performing, holding a 35% winrate at 14 usage. I think out of everything these 3 (and Ursaluna at 20% rate with 5 usage) have been the worst Pokemon so far
  • Palafin has made a slight resurgence! It started off 0-1 this year and people were saying it had no spot in this metagame, but has now not only won its last 2 games putting it at a position 2-1 record, but also been dominating outside of SCL too! Another Pokemon that gets a lot of hate in the community is Walking Wake, who now holds a 2-2 record, not terrible! Obviously the sample size is small for these Pokemon, but it may be proof that some of these Pokemon we have wrote off may still have a place in the meta!
  • Last thing I want to mention is the weird rise of a certain Dragon. Yes, Baxcalibur and Kommo-o have no just proven they are good, but that they can win games on their own if you set them up right. There is definitely a place for Dragons in DOU! However.. Why is Roaring Moon getting so much usage? I don't think its bad, but I mean its win rate is just so poor. This week it was used on two different teams and lost both games. It also overall has been used on 10/70 teams and only has a 30% win rate. It is a solid offensive Tailwind setter, especially now that it has knock off.. but it just feels weird. Its weak Flutter Mane and Iron Hands while getting Intimidated and hit for Super Effective by U-Turn from Landorus-T, the 3 most common Pokemon in the format. Yes, you do technically beat Ogerpon.. But if it Teras then it loses its weakness anyway. You also can't get the boosted damage from Knock Off on Ogerpon as the masks are similar to Mega Stones or Z Crystals. You can Tera it to remove weaknesses but unlike Baxcalibur and Kommo-o it doesn't have the right tools to win a game like they can. I don't think its a bad Pokemon at all, but it feels a little limiting on a lot of the teams I've seen use it. I just went on a long tangent about one Pokemon LOL but it has gained so much usage recently that I felt it should be discussed on a bit. A strong Knock Off user is obviously really good in general, but idk if its worth in vs the teams we have been seeing recently. I am definitely interested to see if players continue to bring it, and if they do how they plan to use the offensive Tailwind setter aspect it has going to possibly get ahead!
Alright this post is already pretty long, but I wanted to do something I haven't done yet and actually predict the games. I've said it a million times now but these games are very important so it'll be fun to go over them a bit!

SV DOU: Tenzai vs zee - Both teams NEED to win this week in order to make play offs so this game has a lot riding on it. I personally think both these players are solid but lack something to push them to the next level. Tenzai is a weird one to rate honestly has his team has been out since week 6. Despite this though the teams he has brought have been very similar, Hyper Offense! I don't know what has been up with his builds, I mean last week he brought the same team as week 6 but just removed the Psyspam. He did end up winning though so maybe its finally all coming together. I do think you could consider this slight laziness from being out though, who knows. On the other side we have zee, someone who has the talent play and especially build wise, but lacks something that allows them to win in this kind of setting. I will give them a slight pass last week as qsns has looked incredible this tournament, but there is still something they are missing. Despite this I think they will shine here. Tenzai has been using very similar HO teams this whole tournament and if there is one thing zee do its win in the builder. If zee can pick up on the building tendencies and survive the first few turns then I cant see zee losing. However, with their track record and Tenzai being a solid player he can definitely win too.

SV DOU: qsns vs Actuarily - After saying so much for the last game there is sadly not much to say here. Actuarily is a very solid player, but recently has went 0-3 in DWCOP while also seeming slightly more inactive lately. This is not the form you want to be in going against qsns, one of the best players and builders right now. There is a reason they are 5-1, they are talented and just know what works in this format. Add this to the fact that Actuarily's team is in playoffs while qsns' team needs this win.. yea I think there is too many factors weighing towards qsns winning. I do think Actuarily is a good enough player to have a shot at winning, and qsns has a lot more pressure to win here which may lead to some mistakes.. but its hard to predict again qsns these days.

SV DOU: bage1 vs eragon11145 - This game has a LOT of pressure as both teams NEED this win to have a shot at playoffs. Eragon had a very strong showing his first few weeks, playing solid with unique teams. However, last week he definitely showed weakness, making some pretty big misplays early on vs Tenzai leading to eventually getting snowballed by Hyper Offense. Despite this, I still have to bold eragon as the Breakers have just looked so rough this season. I think they have solid players, but they just haven't been able to piece it together. I think on paper this game looks a lot less close than it is, but the real issue for the Breakers have been their team selection in my opinion. I think if they can find their footing in the building department then bage1 has the playing ability to win vs eragon here. This match is definitely closer to 50/50, but its up to how eragon plays his early game and what bage1 brings to the game. Fun game cant wait to see it!

SV DOU: Xrn vs Feyy - Going to skip this one for obvious reasons. Just some quick notes is that Feyy has looked strong these past two weeks putting their self at a solid 3-3 record! Also, the Platoons are in while the Dynamos NEED this win. It may factor, it may not, but its still worth noting either way.

SV DOU: Ann vs JRL - Super close match! I think JRL's is an overall very solid player, basically always making the most optimal play each turn. I also think this can be a double edge sword though, as if someone catches on then it can easily be used against him just as easily. He also is known for very using a very similar style of teams (ignore last week :worrywhirl:) and that can be exploited very easily too. Ann and the Foxes in general have brought some very cool and unique builds this tournament. I mean they had a NASTY PLOT Landorus-T.. Like come on I never even thought of that! They also have been piloting these teams extremely well, making them overall a very hard team to go against. Ann has definitely improved drastically as a player, and I think if you give her a solid match up she will easily run away with this game. With that said, JRL is JRL, he has the talent to just outplay in a straight up game vs anyone and take it. This game is very close too, I'd say it definitely comes down to just how much of an advantage Ann can get in the builder. Also technically the Islanders want to win this, but the Foxes NEED to win this, so a lot more pressure on Ann for sure here!

Alright that is all from me. I wasn't planning on making this big of a post but seeing how next week is the last week of the regular season I figured lets add a little extra to keep the thread interesting! Reminder that all these games matter a lot! All of these games have a team that need to win in order to still be in contention, so these high stress games will have a LOT going into them. Keep an eye out and try to see them live if you can!

Week 8 Match Ups:
SV DOU: Tenzai vs zee
SV DOU: qsns vs Actuarily
SV DOU: bage1 vs eragon11145
SV DOU: Xrn vs Feyy
SV DOU: Ann vs JRL

Lunar.

DPL Champion
Here are the results from week 8:
SV DOU: Tenzai vs zee
SV DOU: qsns vs Actuarily
SV DOU: bage1 vs eragon11145
SV DOU: Xrn vs Feyy
SV DOU: Ann vs JRL

Hello my friends! We are back with the final week of the regular season of this SCL season. After this week we will see only 4 teams remain, fighting for the beautiful green trophy
1700872340562.png
! I am a little late on this one so there wont be too much detail, sorry for that, but still I must at least throw a little bit of life into here!

Here are the standings after week 8 (kinda ignore that some games are done haha..)
1700872675804.png

To give a little run down, the Platoons and Terrors had their slots in play offs since last week, meaning there are only 2 spots left up for grabs. The Spartans were the only team at that point, but now we see 2 more teams drop out of contention: The Dynamos and Breakers. With the Islanders failing to take down the Foxes last week, its now a race between 5 teams to get these last 2 slots. Somehow none of these 5 teams that need to win are actually playing each other, funny how that worked out. That means that every game this week has one team that is going all out in hopes to make it, while the other is trying to gatekeep them from play offs. It'll be interesting to see which teams pull through to clinch their spots this SCL!

As usual I'm going to give a few notes about what went down this week. Like I said last week this one was very important for these players so the teams they brought should have been the best they could come up with. I guess the answer was a lot of Chi-yu + Waterpon because we saw those two on literally half the teams. Funny enough every game that featured these two on a team had them end up winning too! So.. I guess if you NEED to win a game look at those two! Anyway onto some stats:

• Waterpon ties for first spot with Flutter Mane this week! Both had a 6/10 usage overall! Chi-yu was close behind, being on 5/10 of the teams! Speaking of Chi-yu..
  • I guess everyone wanted to prove me wrong about Chi-yu underperforming and possibly not being a Pokemon to look at as it had an 80% win rate in 5 games this week! Its one loss was also against its self, so in games where players had the only Chi-yu they had an 100% win rate.. Maybe I was sleeping on it too hard.. This puts Chi-yu at 19/90 usage and a 47% win rate! Almost back up to 50%!
  • Once again no one touched Ninetales or Baxcalibur! I think its fair to want to avoid using them with all the Tornadus and Gholdengo running around.. but still they have two of the best overall records in the whole tournament! I am shocked we haven't seen them explored at least a little more.
  • Speaking of Gholdengo, its quickly moving up in usage being on 15/90 teams now. After seeing basically zero usage the first few weeks, this is a huge upswing. At this point its looking like it will pass Firepon, a Pokemon that was deemed worthy of suspect early on in the meta.
  • Speaking of Firepon (same transition twice :psysly:), it didn't even make an appearance this week! We have been seeing a decline in its usage the past few weeks.. but ZERO?? I think we can definitely look at just how popular Chi-yu was this week to get an idea of why we saw so little of it. Add that to the fact that Waterpon fits so much better on a lot of the common teams at the moment and I think its reasonable to see why there was such a fall from grace for a Pokemon considered broken at one point.
  • Last but not least.. The Okidogi fans are eating good tonight as it is now 2-0! I know a lot of other random Pokemon are also winning but this one is to all the Dogi fans out there!
I'm sure there were a lot of things I missed, but these were the fun ones that stuck out to me in my little skim through the stats and games. I usually go over the player records and all that but all you really need to know is that Xrn and qsns are fighting for #1 as both are x-1, and bage1 saved the Breakers from having the worst overall record (after beating zee this week the Breakers and Gibles are now tied for 3-6, the Shoguns and Spartans can also end 3-6 depending on how their games go). Its up in the air who the last players to make it into play offs will be, but no matter who it is I'm expecting a lot of high level games from here on out!

Week 9 Match Ups:
SV DOU: eragon11145 vs Xrn
SV DOU: Feyy vs Ann
SV DOU: Nails vs JRL
SV DOU: zee vs bage1
SV DOU: qsns vs Tenzai

Last edited:
SV DOU: zee vs bage1 - just happened, taking the L cause idk who i would've even predicted

Lunar.

DPL Champion
Here are the results from week 9:
SV DOU: zee vs bage1

The time has finally come, the last recap of the regular season! I don't think we could've asked for a better ending to these last 9 weeks, with basically every series coming down to the wire up until the last game to finally decide our final 4! (ignore the activity win :worrywhirl:) The DOU games did not disappoint either with so many close games and unique Pokemon making appearances! After such an action packed week, here are the final standings and the 4 teams who we will see in play offs:
1701302215593.png

Our final 4 doubles players are: Xrn, JRL, Nails, and zee! Its pretty cool to see both the retains end up making it all the way to play offs and are now facing off.. again! This play offs is real funny in the fact that the Gibles and Platoons faced off week 1 while the Islanders and the Terrors played the final week. Another interesting fact is that the Gibles are the only team to beat the Platoons, making play offs look even closer! Overall I think this is a fantastic top 4, and we should be in for two exciting series!

One of the sad parts of these playoffs is that we lost qsns, possibly the best stand alone DOUer atm who finished with an amazing 7-1 record, their only loss being to Xrn who finished 8-1. Even though its a shame we don't get to see more from them, they definitely proved they are on top right now when it comes to DOU! Another note is that we didn't have a team "flop" this year technically. With bage1 being able to secure the last two weeks for the Breakers, we ended up with a 4 way tie for bottom performance between the Spartans, Breakers, Shoguns and Gibles, who all ended with 3-6 records. I stand by this pool felt a lot more even than most years, with a few slots being a bit ahead of the pack but overall the games all felt fairly close! It was very cool to see a lot of new players take the stage this year, watching them slowly find their footing and learn how to perform in this environment. I am sure if we see some of these names get picked up again they will perform much better, so I definitely hope to see some faces return next year!

Now time for the part people come for! Lets talk about those replays haha.. oh wait they are down.. :trode: Well we have stats at least. I think this may be the week with the most 1 usage Pokemon winning games LOL. We saw some very unlikely faces make their first appearances, as well as Pokemon that struggled in their previous showings pulling out wins! Hail finally made an appearance again and won which surprises no one! Flutter Mane shot down in usage this week only being on 2 teams! That is by far the lowest its ever been! We saw the first two Dragonites of the tournament and they both took wins this week! Rillaboom, Landorus-t, and Heatran took over the top used spot with all being on half the teams this week. Yada yada yada who cares, the real most important thing to note of was of course:
1701311115607.png

We are in play offs people! Unless DOU gets picked for a tiebreaker these are our last three games of the tournament! In two weeks one of these 4 DOUers will be holding that nice light green trophy. These games could very well decide who it will be! Who do you think will win?

Also fun fact Nails is the only top 4 player with more than 3 letters in their name!

Semi Finals Match Ups:
SV DOU: Xrn vs zee
SV DOU: JRL vs Nails

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)