Tournament SCL I NU Predictions

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
1631672091929.png

Much like other tiers, we will be doing a prediction "tournament" of sorts where you can predict the games each week and the person with the most correct by the end of the tournament wins -- the winning user will win $50 thanks. I WILL be counting those who posted above this, for the record, so you guys are all good.

I will be keeping track of points and updating every 1-2 weeks. Just to log some ground rules, which are shamelessly stolen from other tiers...In order to participate each week:
  • When the lineup for all the NU games come out, we'll post them more organized here in a format where you can copy and paste this text with updated bold text indicating who you think the winner of the game will be. 1 point per correct game outcome based on team, and an additional 2 bonus points are awarded for anyone that "clean sweeps" a week, i.e. they predict all 5/5 game outcomes correctly. Note that if a person is subbed, your prediction will be counted based on that sub winning on behalf of the original person on the lineup.
  • You must pick exactly one winner (no bolding the "vs.") for each game
  • Your post will be scored at the end of the week only if it has no edits. You may make a new post if you want to change your predicts so as long as it is before the first game of the week is played (in other words, don't try to cheese the first game outcome by making a post while it's being played. I reserve the right to remove anyone from the competition if their prediction timing seems suspicious for any reason.)
Here is an example week 1 post (and my week 1 predictions):

Davon vs TDK
sensei axew
vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm
Kushalos vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

Last edited by a moderator:

drakey

um dia a gente vai namorar e eu vou te trair muito
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew
vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm
Kushalos
vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew
vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm
Kushalos
vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Davon (40) vs (60) TDK - It's kind of hard to bet against the player who went undefeated throughout NUPL, although I don't think that this will be as one sided as people might expect. Like Expulso said, Davon will bring a reallly solid team that might just help him turn the tides, especially with a tiny bit of prep.
sensei axew (60) vs (40) Sabella - Sabella's recent swiss and NU hiatus really doesn't impress me going into the week. I have no doubt that they'll bring something off meta that might catch sensei axew off guard/maybe cheese him, giving him the edge in this mu, but I have to give it to axew.
Xiri (49) vs (51) OnArceus - I think this will be the closest game by far this week. Xiri is just so...solid. I don't think I've ever seen the man make a bad play in every replay I've watched of him. He can also be hard to prep for due to the abundance of cool off meta teams and different styles I know he can run. On the other hand though, I've been nothing but impressed by OnArceus and I think he could pull out a win.
Rodriblutar (40) vs (60) TeamCharm - After watching swiss playoffs, all I know is kythr smashed rodriblutar and I literally don't know anything else about him so that's gonna sway this one. At the same time, I think TC will surprise people this SCL and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes .500+ starting with this week.
Kushalos (55) vs (45) S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - I think this week comes down to prep and support. I've barely seen kush play, but he does have a ton of help from meri and gxe to stop Ho3n's infamous HO's, and I know that meri is a prep fiend in these tours, and I assume gxe can never hurt. I don't think Ho3n will go down easy though. He's always tweaking and testing new builds and might find a way to bypass anti HO methods that could potentially be brought by the opponents. I think this one will be another one that's closer than people expect

Davon vs TDK
sensei axew
vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar
vs TeamCharm

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Much like other tiers, we will be doing a prediction "tournament" of sorts where you can predict the games each week and the person with the most correct by the end of the tournament wins -- the winning user will win $50 thanks. I WILL be counting those who posted above this, for the record, so you guys are all good.

I will be keeping track of points and updating every 1-2 weeks. Just to log some ground rules, which are shamelessly stolen from other tiers...In order to participate each week:
  • When the lineup for all the NU games come out, we'll post them more organized here in a format where you can copy and paste this text with updated bold text indicating who you think the winner of the game will be. 1 point per correct game outcome based on team, and an additional 2 bonus points are awarded for anyone that "clean sweeps" a week, i.e. they predict all 5/5 game outcomes correctly. Note that if a person is subbed, your prediction will be counted based on that sub winning on behalf of the original person on the lineup.
  • You must pick exactly one winner (no bolding the "vs.") for each game
  • Your post will be scored at the end of the week only if it has no edits. You may make a new post if you want to change your predicts so as long as it is before the first game of the week is played (in other words, don't try to cheese the first game outcome by making a post while it's being played. I reserve the right to remove anyone from the competition if their prediction timing seems suspicious for any reason.)
Here is an example week 1 post (and my week 1 predictions):

Davon vs TDK
sensei axew
vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar
vs TeamCharm

Reactions: GW

Nalorium

is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending BW Circuit Champion
World Defender
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew vs Sabella
Xiri
vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm
Kushalos
vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm
Kushalos
vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew
vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm

ACR1

Yo siempre la llevo al cielo
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending ORAS Circuit Champion
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew
vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar
vs TeamCharm

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew
vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm

• Love
Reactions: hs
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm
Kushalos
vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

Davon vs TDK
sensei axew
vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm
Kushalos
vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

ninjadog

levi of the decade
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew vs Sabella
Xiri vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar
vs TeamCharm

HANTSUKI

satan saves xmas
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RUPL Champion
Davon vs TDK
sensei axew vs Sabella
Xiri
vs OnArceus
Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)