SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask

What about Cramorant if it has Pikachu or Arracuda in its mouth?
I have not tested that becauseI have violet, i could try that too if i can get one.
Did not see this anywhere and its not implemented on showdown correctly. Morpeko doesnt transform when Tera’d:
Ingame
Showdown
More information on this: Aura wheel does not change type to the tera'd type(expected) , you can tera in hangry mode too, aura wheel will stay dark type in that case and it will not switch back to full belly.

So if Morpeko Teras as Hangry, will it stay Hangry if switched out and back in?
This is a good question and I had not tried that(mostly because i did not know switching is supposed to change forms). just tried and switching indeed does not change its form if tera'd while hangry.
Is there any other corner case I am missing?

What about Cramorant if it has Pikachu or Arracuda in its mouth?
Cram does change forms when tera'd

Hey, so. What happens to Ogerpon when Tera inevitably stops being in Pokemon games? do we just never see her again? is she just not allowed to use her Embody Aspect gimmick?

Ogre Oustin is probably the best minigame in the series

Good amount of content and rewards and replayability with online support and it's fun

It's fun because SV actually is fun to control with very fluid controls, which is probably why being stopped by a random encounter feels like shit to me more than in any other game tbh

Good job GF

Hey, so. What happens to Ogerpon when Tera inevitably stops being in Pokemon games? do we just never see her again? is she just not allowed to use her Embody Aspect gimmick?
Ogrepon's mask gimmick (adds the dual type, changes ability, changes Ivy Cudgel) still works without tera so even when tera stops being a thing I'd still expect her to be around. The tera gimmick is very fancy but kind of secondary to the primary gimmick of Ogrepon.

Embody Aspect either gets removed entirely since they have no qualms about that (see also: Megas, Ultra Necrozma, Ash-Greninja to an extent) or Ogrepon gets slightly reworked to incorporate/reference it. Like maybe it gets a boosting move that alters based on the form. Sort of like how Kommo-o got its Z-Move tweaked into a regular move.

Iirc Khu has insinuated that the loyal trio actually have a unknown leader which is most likely the momotaro Pokemon.
Their Pokedex category is "Retainer Pokemon" so that makes sense they'd have a leader. Also their dex entries (at least for Scarlet) mention how the Toxic Chain amplified their powers so I feel like there might be some lore with their leader giving them the chain or something

I kind of figure Momotaro is meant to be a human and not a Pokemon and for the present day that'd be Kieran, the one with the purple hair and tight headband that's probably meant to tie him to the loyal 3 and i bet looks like a toxic chain in Indigo Disk who winds up summoning the Loyal 3 back to life.

Kind of wonder if there's some possession by the former Momotaro going on or something, too. When Kieren first starts escalating his issues from "put upon and sad about it" to "actively acting out" its in the Barrens where the screen specifically pulses and gets guzzy for a moment. Which happens again when he loses it and punches the monument. Which then bursts forth with purple and revives (or "revives" since we're still dealing with tera in some fashion) everyone.
Momo also presumable granted them the toxic chain to grant their respective wishes so there's some extra oddities going on here.

Paradise Barren is weird, too. The other 2 signs make sense: one is the gravesite for the Loyal 3 and the other is the central social landmark of the region where the masks are held and the loyal 3 were killed. And then the third is...way out in the rocky wasteland? Kind of felt a bit like it was some sort of old-styled monument even. Unless I missed or forgot a piece of lore.

Momo also presumable granted them the toxic chain to grant their respective wishes so there's some extra oddities going on here.
As someone who doesn't know the rest of the plot, this line seems interesting from a lore perspective, given that Paldea's apparent wish-granter connects closely with a Poison-type as well.

As someone who doesn't know the rest of the plot, this line seems interesting from a lore perspective, given that Paldea's apparent wish-granter connects closely with a Poison-type as well.
Currently it's just a background detail:
-the dex entries mention that they didnt always have the toxic chain
-The toxic chain specificaly granted them the abilities they have
-When you're chasing them around Kitakami, their map blurbs mention things like making a wish or having power granted to them
-The story signboards has a human associated with the 3, which one of the NPC thinks might be a trainer, but doesn't otherwise get mentioned

I'll admit I'm blanking on what poison type Terapagos closely connects with, though.

Currently it's just a background detail:
-the dex entries mention that they didnt always have the toxic chain
-The toxic chain specificaly granted them the abilities they have
-When you're chasing them around Kitakami, their map blurbs mention things like making a wish or having power granted to them
-The story signboards has a human associated with the 3, which one of the NPC thinks might be a trainer, but doesn't otherwise get mentioned

I'll admit I'm blanking on what poison type Terapagos closely connects with, though.
I was referencing Glimmora having the materials for the Tera Blast TM and found in Area Zero.

Is it known how the post-game "donation drive" gains money other than you making donations? Does it just increase over time, or do any of your actions contribute to it?

Having finished the story, I had chalked that up to a misinterpretation of Ogerpon's companion who the 3 attacked to take the masks, since the scene on the Signboards appears to depict them fighting Ogerpon and no other human is mentioned in the "true" story later. The real story is that they stole the masks and Ogerpon sought revenge, but the legend version says they took the masks while fighting the Ogre to weaken it, so mixing up an individual seems on a comparable level of "story drift" for the tale.

Having finished the story, I had chalked that up to a misinterpretation of Ogerpon's companion who the 3 attacked to take the masks, since the scene on the Signboards appears to depict them fighting Ogerpon and no other human is mentioned in the "true" story later. The real story is that they stole the masks and Ogerpon sought revenge, but the legend version says they took the masks while fighting the Ogre to weaken it, so mixing up an individual seems on a comparable level of "story drift" for the tale.
I don't think that really works (especially in the context of there being something Else going on with their leader) when the guy died on the mountain and the "scary man" part of the story got put into the third part of the story where he got conflated with the Ogre (this is also likely why the ogre is huge in the story boards)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)