SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

idk, i love defensive legendaries just as a concept. we get so many nukes each generation.

also, does stellar type act as as typeless BOTH as a defensive type, and its tera blast against non-tera people? oe does it not change the typing (aka, mons stay their type and tera blast stays normal)? this is an important distinction
Ain't like Peacharunt is a bad offensive mon either in my Opinion. NP/SB or Hex/SB or the Sig move/TeraBlast(Fighting or Fairy) and you get Gengar who can live a hit, make it a fairy type and you get a bulkier Clefable, I think the Peach has potential in OU, maybe not Top but a B rank sure, you can even become an annoyance and make a bulky set since it gets recovery, I think it has potential.

idk, i love defensive legendaries just as a concept. we get so many nukes each generation.

also, does stellar type act as as typeless BOTH as a defensive type, and its tera blast against non-tera people? oe does it not change the typing (aka, mons stay their type and tera blast stays normal)? this is an important distinction
I don't mind defensive legendaries and we do need more, but I was hoping its stats would be, you know, more than just Def being high, everything else being subpar.
Like you just give Glalie 160 Def and +8 in every other stat and gave it better typing.

Also I assume Stellar would be typeless defensively too. Not 100% sure on that.
Also apparently it has to do with Omni-man, because Khu is a reliable source and isn't just vagueposting so when official info comes out his fans can just trace it back to his tweets.
Do you guys think Serp will be ubers with the new Tera Blast?
Maybe?
Honestly Tera Ground sounds better and people are only fearmongering Stellar type because it's another move to boost SpA with. It can just spam Leaf Storm which hits way harder and get the boosts, then Tera Ground to hit common grass resists like Heatran. It does have the benefit of hitting Heatran neutrally and without worrying about it Teraing into like Grass or Flying type, and in general can hit Flying types too.
I think Serp was too busted for this generation tbh.

I don't mind defensive legendaries and we do need more, but I was hoping its stats would be, you know, more than just Def being high, everything else being subpar.
Like you just give Glalie 160 Def and +8 in every other stat and gave it better typing.

Also I assume Stellar would be typeless defensively too. Not 100% sure on that.
Also apparently it has to do with Omni-man, because Khu is a reliable source and isn't just vagueposting so when official info comes out his fans can just trace it back to his tweets.

Maybe?
Honestly Tera Ground sounds better and people are only fearmongering Stellar type because it's another move to boost SpA with. It can just spam Leaf Storm which hits way harder and get the boosts, then Tera Ground to hit common grass resists like Heatran. It does have the benefit of hitting Heatran neutrally and without worrying about it Teraing into like Grass or Flying type, and in general can hit Flying types too.
I think Serp was too busted for this generation tbh.
Well, it doesn't have resistances iirc and Leaf Storm only has 5 PP.

EDIT: actually I am just spreading Cap. IDK what the type chart is.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Who's betting Khu is going to try some overly cryptic mumbo jumbo to try and save face from this. I mean he very much said that would be in here and it seems nowhere in sight. We already talked about this earlier in the thread, but it shows at least part of the stuff he says is just making things up.
Wow who would have thought the guy who plays pretentious riddle games for clout wasn't 100% reliable.

Last edited:
" Stellar-type Terastallization grants a boost to moves—but only once per move type. After you use a move, no other moves of that same type will get the boost. In Tera Raid Battles, all moves will be boosted without limit. "
I don't know man, you get a move that is neutral on everything and is ALWAYS supereffective on other Tera mons, and Stellar-type Tera also gives you a free one-time boost on your other moves. This sound absolutely fucking stupid, and we should definitely quickban it.
imo i think you overestimate the stellar tera blast. not only do you have the usual tera blast downside of eating a moveslot and only being useful if tera'd, but it has another restriction of only getting the boost vs other tera mons (extremely telegraphed and easy to maneuver around), and punishing you with losing your boost AND attack drops if you dont predict right. Its a powerful one time nuke in a tier with a bunch of mons with consistent nukes, and with original tera enabling that without taking over a moveslot.

im not even sure if being a no weakness/no resistance mon like some people are suggesting is that good, this is the gen of high damage neutral moves anyway. preserving the og type might be better for the viability

so, within a couple hours khu has already been proven wrong or actively misleading about:
  • terapagos's bst
  • the pkhex thing
  • there being any tera forms outside of terapagos
  • hydrapple being in any way even close to resembling or related to volcarona (go ahead and pick up that phone because i fucking called it)
  • whatever nonsense he was going on about with archaludon being bw-related somehow. (because it… looked like a bridge and those games have lots of bridges? maybe? i'm being charitable here)
  • the "oh the paradox mons are made out of imaaaaginaaaation" theory
anything else i'm missing? can we finally agree this self-important smug little puke is not the all-informed oracle he makes himself out to be?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)