SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
IMG_4370.png

I just got done making an Indigo Disk bingo card while I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. I wasn’t sure where would be best to post this, but if this blows up I might try and do something like this a lot more often. Feel free to make your own and maybe we could turn this into a competition? Who knows?

View attachment 577542

I just got done making an Indigo Disk bingo card while I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. I wasn’t sure where would be best to post this, but if this blows up I might try and do something like this a lot more often. Feel free to make your own and maybe we could turn this into a competition? Who knows?
Now isn't that a great summary of hype? On another note, I really like that there's a narrative from the start of the base game to the end of the 2nd DLC, regardless the outcome, they really nailed that for the first time. I'm seriously curious how they'll wrap up Area Zero, which I never was in regards to Pokémon stories apart from maybe AZ and Floette which never got the conclusion it deserved.

Ok, reposting this because it is now confirmed without the bs this time
THIS CONFIRMS DIPPLIN2s TYPING IS BUG/DRAGON
View attachment 578083
We discussed this earlier, and we already have 2 alternate interpretations of that hint:

One of them is that Dipplin2's existence is at least partially Terapagos's fault (e.g. Dipplin can only evolve in the Terarium):
Why does the prankster riddler insist on showing Pokemon with Paradoxes in order to possibly pull this off...is Dipplin2's fault partly Terapagos's and not just "Dokutaro"/"Peechikeen"'s?
Another interpretation is that the "hint" actually reveals nothing that wasn't already previously hinted at and Dipplin2 is still Grass/Dragon for all we know:
The pokemon chosen in this are very intentional in my opinion. Hydreigon refers to dipplin's evo being a hydra, but I believe volcarona may be about what creature dipplin and it's evolution is based on. The Codling Moth is considered a major pest to agricultural crops, mainly apples and pears. This is because the larvae can't feed on leaves, so they have to bore into the fruit instead. These larvae are often referred to as "apple worms".

We discussed this earlier, and we already have 2 alternate interpretations of that hint:

One of them is that Dipplin2's existence is at least partially Terapagos's fault (e.g. Dipplin can only evolve in the Terarium):

Another interpretation is that the "hint" actually reveals nothing that wasn't already previously hinted at and Dipplin2 is still Grass/Dragon for all we know:
Just wanted to say that my theory wasn't to suggest that dipplin evo isn't bug/dragon. In fact, I do believe it is the original meaning of the image. I just thought Khu chose those specific pokemon for a reason which lead to finding the codling moth. My original theory was that by having dipplin evo be a moth, it would naturally lead into the bug typing. My bad for not clarifying that in the original post.

Ok, reposting this because it is now confirmed without the bs this time
THIS CONFIRMS DIPPLIN2s TYPING IS BUG/DRAGON
View attachment 578083
or khu is simply guessing that a dragon-type mon based on a moth caterpillar will evolve into a dragon moth. it's really not that difficult to come to that conclusion on your own. ever notice how many of the things he does "get right" turn out to have been really obvious in retrospect?

I mean I would be pretty surprised if it turned into a moth at this stage

In fact if it did, I don't think that'd land on obvious at all since until recently most people assumed super dipplin would probably either retain the apple or be a big hydra thing or maybe a big tree. Or all of the above

e: & without Khu there'd be no one thinking it would turn Bug at all

In fact if it did, I don't think that'd land on obvious at all since until recently most people assumed super dipplin would probably either retain the apple or be a big hydra thing or maybe a big tree. Or all of the above

Honestly I'm expecting that the actual reason Khu used Volcarona is because Hydripplin has six Flapple-like wings.
Hence why he used Volcarona rather than like Venomoth or something.

or khu is simply guessing that a dragon-type mon based on a moth caterpillar will evolve into a dragon moth. it's really not that difficult to come to that conclusion on your own. ever notice how many of the things he does "get right" turn out to have been really obvious in retrospect?
where did moth catterpillar come from, I thought it was supposed to be a worm (wyrm, hehe).
Honestly I'm expecting that the actual reason Khu used Volcarona is because Hydripplin has six Flapple-like wings.
Hence why he used Volcarona rather than like Venomoth or something.
He also posted a picture with (from left to right) Ghetsis, Kieran, and Alder, there is a reason that he used Volcarona (as you said), over another moth Pokemon, but it also might be a hint that it might get a lot of fire type moves, or, because (in the main image), it is Volcarona then Hydreigon, Volcarona being specifically Bug/Fire and Dark/Dragon. Or I could just be overanyalysing, who knows? (Us in 4-6 days.)

Correction, there would be one person thinking it would become Bug/Dragon, me
Or Dragon/Fire.
Why would a worm dragon in an apple become Dragon/Fire. No seriously, pleaase, explain to me this train of thought, or if this was just sarcasm.

Once again, I wish Pokemon leakers were like the leakers of other games. Just give us direct answers instead of playing mind games.

Anyway, I think it's safe to assume we'll get leaks in the next couple of days anyway. So we'll know.
Magic: the Gathering leakers (and, admittedly, fakers) gave card summaries and out-of-context names multiple times. Compared to the average MTG leak, which is a card leak/fake/partial reveal, those are mind games.

I'm actually starting to suspect this might be the first DLC cycle since Isle of Armor where we don't get new Pokemon model leaks before the DLC gets released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)