SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

That is fair, but what are "p2w elements"
as DrPumpkinz stated, it's short for "Pay To Win".

Generally referring as "you will be at a disadvantage if you don't invest additional money other than the game purchase", and in this scenario, the p2w element is that if you do not own at least one of Sword&Shield (and the DLC), as well as Legend Arceus, you are at a disadvantage compared to other players, due to not having independant access to the one-of legendaries of both games that are not available in SV (particularly egregious currently due to both Urshifu and the Genies being legal and strong in their own right).

As rule of thumb for wannabe-esports, you never want to have P2W elements. Every player should be on equal terms assuming they own the latest iteration of the game and are willing to commit the dedicated game-time to prepare.
Note that this does not include DLCs, DLCs are part of the "main game" and are equivalent of requiring you to own the latest version of the game. Smash players always assume you own the various DLC releases, League (and Overwatch2 for what matters) players will always assume you own every champion if you remotely plan to play competitively, etc.

“Celestial” feels a little overwrought to me. Like if the Dark type were called the “Malevolent” type. Ideally you’d want to call it something that’s more approachable to young kids — obviously this isn’t an iron-clad rule or anything, and certainy I myself learned a lot of bigger words from Pokémon when I was younger. But I think if I were a localizer in this situation, I’d be wondering aloud if “Cosmic” or “Stellar” weren’t more efficient choices to communicate the same idea.

“Celestial” feels a little overwrought to me. Like if the Dark type were called the “Malevolent” type. Ideally you’d want to call it something that’s more approachable to young kids — obviously this isn’t an iron-clad rule or anything, and certainy I myself learned a lot of bigger words from Pokémon when I was younger. But I think if I were a localizer in this situation, I’d be wondering aloud if “Cosmic” or “Stellar” weren’t more efficient choices to communicate the same idea.
on the other hand it's the super fancy mega type that gives you a ridiculous crown made of all the other types and represents the ridiculous legendary who has entirely too much power. It makes sense to be "overwrought" if that's what they want (I don't even think it sounds overwrought, honestly)

e: Also "Celestial" type stuff shows up in kids media all the time anyway

Apparently the 19th Type's Japanese name is "Stellar" type.

If we go by this the new type's English name could likely be "Star" type, since this seems to have a celestial vibe to it.
Alternately, since the Japanese are fond of bad puns (e.g. there's a song in the Kirby Star Allies OST whose Japanese name is literally "STAR ARISE", punning on the same katakana being interpretable as both "Allies" and "Arise"), maybe the English name is...wait for it..."S-Tera".

It's a legit reading of the katakana, alright!

Alternately, since the Japanese are fond of bad puns (e.g. there's a song in the Kirby Star Allies OST whose Japanese name is literally "STAR ARISE", punning on the same katakana being interpretable as both "Allies" and "Arise"), maybe the English name is...wait for it..."S-Tera".

It's a legit reading of the katakana, alright!
I would definitely prefer a more Tera-specific name since Psychic already has an identity as "the space-themed type" and it feels like it would be awkward to have a closer name for that that doesn't match the mons (unless they retcon all of them to no longer be Psychic, which feels like a pretty large can of wormholes on its own). Though I would say "Terastar" flows better in English while still being a similarly atrocious pun on existing terms.

I would definitely prefer a more Tera-specific name since Psychic already has an identity as "the space-themed type" and it feels like it would be awkward to have a closer name for that that doesn't match the mons (unless they retcon all of them to no longer be Psychic, which feels like a pretty large can of wormholes on its own). Though I would say "Terastar" flows better in English while still being a similarly atrocious pun on existing terms.
You remember that they explicitly stated that this type only existed as a Tera type right?
No Pokémon is going to have it as one of their actual types and it will more than likely stop existing after SV unless Tera gets carried forward.

You remember that they explicitly stated that this type only existed as a Tera type right?
No Pokémon is going to have it as one of their actual types and it will more than likely stop existing after SV unless Tera gets carried forward.
I mean, Briar did say she was researching the Terastal Phenomenon to stabilize in other regions, and she’s from Unova, you can see where this particular train of though is going.
13 days till Indigo Disk

Last edited:
We gotta keep this in mind, big raids will likely be how most of the legends are obtained. Remember Crown Tundra, were the Regis and the Swords were the only returning legends to have full-fledged overworld quests, while everything else was a raid thing.

And, at the end of the day, the legend list is now as big as the Kanto Dex.
Honestly I'd have been *extremely* surprised if there won't be some new "raid adventure".

It's pretty obvious to me that outside of the legendaries apparently getting static encounters (via sidequests), all the others (plus maybe some other stuff) will be available in some kind of special raids in Area Zero a-la Dynamax Adventures.

(honestly i wouldnt exactly dislike a almost exact repeat of Dynamax Adventures for tera raids... it was fun, outside of the somewhat poor balance of certain encounters that were basically unwinnable if you didn't have a Wide Guard mon)

We gotta keep this in mind, big raids will likely be how most of the legends are obtained. Remember Crown Tundra, were the Regis and the Swords were the only returning legends to have full-fledged overworld quests, while everything else was a raid thing.

And, at the end of the day, the legend list is now as big as the Kanto Dex.
Not counting Ultra Beasts, as they are apparently no longer sub-legendaries in SV, there are only 97 legendaries.
Honestly I'd have been *extremely* surprised if there won't be some new "raid adventure".

It's pretty obvious to me that outside of the legendaries apparently getting static encounters (via sidequests), all the others (plus maybe some other stuff) will be available in some kind of special raids in Area Zero a-la Dynamax Adventures.

(honestly i wouldnt exactly dislike a almost exact repeat of Dynamax Adventures for tera raids... it was fun, outside of the somewhat poor balance of certain encounters that were basically unwinnable if you didn't have a Wide Guard mon)
I expect some to be in with raids only, and I hate that, I suck at raids, I dislike Dynamax Adventures, and one of my favorite legendaries, Yveltal wasn’t in the list of static encounters, so I’m worried that it will be raid exclusive, and since I don’t have Pokémon Y… yeah. But this is all speculation.

Probably more importantly, I think Khu just implied that the SMACHINE(/PkHex-Lite) is the way to get the "static encounter" legendaries. ...Either that or the SMACHINE triggers custom 7-star raids or the PkHex-Lite somehow does not let you get new Pokemon despite the datamined text we've found for it.

So are these essentially confirmed to be returning?

Also suppose it means Calyrex & Enamorus will have to wait another gen (or events, I suppose) for their shinies to be released.
Even if Calyrex could be like Cosmog in the DLC and be tied to a gift rather than an encounter, I think gifts are still shiny locked in SV like they were in SWSH.

So I take it Calyrex & Enamorus won't be able to be caught. So no shiny versions unless an event. But does that mean Kubfu, Spectrier & Glastrier have a chance to be shiny?

So are these essentially confirmed to be returning?
This is the same tweet as from september so yeah those are the ones we've known about
the question is how many of the other legends are, since those wouldn't be in the dex

So I take it Calyrex & Enamorus won't be able to be caught. So no shiny versions unless an event. But does that mean Kubfu, Spectrier & Glastrier have a chance to be shiny?
Based on what we know they are, at the very least , not part of these encounters. The copium would be they're available in some way (Calyrex, specifically, i could see) but yeah less chance of being shiny
The others should yeah, even if Khu hadnt said as much earlier, it's usually how these things go.

This is the same tweet as from september so yeah those are the ones we've known about
the question is how many of the other legends are, since those wouldn't be in the dex

Based on what we know they are, at the very least , not part of these encounters. The copium would be they're available in some way (Calyrex, specifically, i could see) but yeah less chance of being shiny
The others should yeah, even if Khu hadnt said as much earlier, it's usually how these things go.
Please, Gamefreak, allow us 3 Bloodmoon Bears in Ubers
On a serious note, who else would like to shiny hunt Necrozma, because it has a decently good shiny, but its fusion forms are what really stand out shiny-wise. Another group I would love to shiny hunt? The Gen 5 legends that are returning, because Shiny Virizion, Zekrom, and Kyurems shiny fusion forms have amazing shinies, like, look at them!
129B080E-43AF-4112-B99D-5E910D89A667.png

69BAA237-7C96-468F-970D-F8F52F3FFFEA.png

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)