SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

On the Rom point, what is the area (whether precedent or simply theoretical) for a method I've seen where tools to apply something like a Mod or a Translation patch are distributed but a ROM to actually apply them to is the user's responsibility (inevitably pirated but the Mod maker has plausible deniability there)? I remember that being a method for some old SNES and GBA game mods I saw people try out a decade or 2 ago.
Yeah, YouTube copyright laws arent accurate, and need to be fixed. Also, if the 25 sstatic sidequests are for legendaries, as Khu is hinting, then some might miss out
Not as long as it isn't actively making money. How copyright works is a lot narrower than a lot of people think (mostly due to places like YouTube allowing it to be enforced far beyond what is actually legal), it's why all the TCG simulators stay up, even the MtG ones despite WotC being notoriously litigious about anything to do with it. Same for the various fan fiction sites.

They can kill a rom hack because it requires a rom of their game itself (something of a grey area, as roms are not technically illegal in and of themselves but distribution of them sort of is) and thus they can take them down on the grounds of piracy. Showdown is not derived from their code base, and merely copying the functionality of their games is not illegal as that cannot actually be copyrighted. The most they could technically do is make us remove the sprites for the pre-3D gens since they did make those.
That is true, the only thing they can do is force those who arent willing to use 3d models to cope remove the 2d sprites of gen 1-5 Pokemon

Yeah, YouTube copyright laws arent accurate, and need to be fixed. Also, if the 25 sstatic sidequests are for legendaries, as Khu is hinting, then some might miss out
Or some of them that are part of the same group will share a quest, the Musketeers, original Regis, and Galar birds each only had 1 quest per group in SwSh.

If the sidequests are referring to them and also that all 25 are the Legends (I dunno about that, necessarily), it's possible some of those quests might have different options (either interchangable like the Galar horses, or forced like VE) or contain multiples
For the latter, imagine if we had a repeat of some of Crown Tundra and one sidequest was for like the 5 Regi and another was for the birds and so on. Meanwhile a quest for the Lati could be shared into one quest internally but have a different reward, or like emerald you have to choose one.

I'm sure Khu will throw out more hints that'll clarify it moving forward and playing with numbers is always easy to make things fit, but maybe something like...
  1. Birds
  2. Beasts
  3. Regi x5 (+Regigigas?)
  4. Lati
  5. Lake spirits
  6. Musketeers
  7. Tapu
  8. Forces of Nature could be all one big sidequest, like Legends. They don't necessarily have to make Tornadus & Thundurus VE again, if that matters any. BDSP let you get both Lati, and both Kyogre/Groudon isntead of putting them as VEs (instead opting for a beast/ho-oh and bird/lugia split)
  9. Mewtwo
  10. Lugia/Ho-oh
  11. Kyogre/Groudon
  12. Rayquaza
  13. Dialga/Palkia
  14. Giratina
  15. Reshiram/Zekrom
  16. Kyurem
  17. Xerneas/Yveltal
  18. Zygarde
  19. Cosmog (and maybe this time it can be shiny!)
  20. Necrozma
  21. Zacian/Zamazenta
  22. Eternatus
  23. Heatran
  24. Cresselia
  25. Kubfu
And then Type Null gets left out since the UBs are? Or something like that. There's various options. Kubfu & Type Null could be a gift, they could exclude someone else, beasts & birds could be the "same" sidequest internally but different based on version, they're more aggressive about grouping things together and there's quests for other things, etc.

I don't think Necrozma, Solgaleo and Lunala will be in the DLC as they're from Ultra Space where the UBs came from.
It would be pretty weird for them to arbitrarly exclude 3 restricteds for this reason.
The UBs are fine to be excluded per se as they aren't classified as legendaries nor sub legendaries, but all the others are all but guaranteed to be back.
Thus these 3 are most likely in with the rest of the restricteds.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
It would be pretty weird for them to arbitrarly exclude 3 restricteds for this reason.
The UBs are fine to be excluded per se as they aren't classified as legendaries nor sub legendaries, but all the others are all but guaranteed to be back.
Thus these 3 are most likely in with the rest of the restricteds.
Have is been said anywhere that the other legendaries will return in the next DLC?

Have is been said anywhere that the other legendaries will return in the next DLC?
Officially? No, obviously

Leaks? Khu implied the return of all but the UBs

Logically? They will cause the restricted format is the most important and they have no reason to artificially remove some of them. As well as the "legendary hunt gimmick" just being something they have liked to do for last 3 gens

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Officially? No, obviously

Leaks? Khu implied the return of all but the UBs

Logically? They will cause the restricted format is the most important and they have no reason to artificially remove some of them. As well as the "legendary hunt gimmick" just being something they have liked to do for last 3 gens
Oh that makes more sense since I've been looking for any reference the legendaries to return and couldn't find any. I really want Ho oh back :(

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, it seems to be fine but I have seen certain sites stop allowing them for specific rom hacks after Nintendo goes after a pre-patched version elsewhere.
So probably fine given the actual patch making and patch applying software is fine. Especially given how much they seems to dislike the English patch for Mother 3 but also haven't been able to touch it.
*insert clip of alpha rad saying Lucas refuses to be translated
If the sidequests are referring to them and also that all 25 are the Legends (I dunno about that, necessarily), it's possible some of those quests might have different options (either interchangable like the Galar horses, or forced like VE) or contain multiples
For the latter, imagine if we had a repeat of some of Crown Tundra and one sidequest was for like the 5 Regi and another was for the birds and so on. Meanwhile a quest for the Lati could be shared into one quest internally but have a different reward, or like emerald you have to choose one.

I'm sure Khu will throw out more hints that'll clarify it moving forward and playing with numbers is always easy to make things fit, but maybe something like...
  1. Birds
  2. Beasts
  3. Regi x5 (+Regigigas?)
  4. Lati
  5. Lake spirits
  6. Musketeers
  7. Tapu
  8. Forces of Nature could be all one big sidequest, like Legends. They don't necessarily have to make Tornadus & Thundurus VE again, if that matters any. BDSP let you get both Lati, and both Kyogre/Groudon isntead of putting them as VEs (instead opting for a beast/ho-oh and bird/lugia split)
  9. Mewtwo
  10. Lugia/Ho-oh
  11. Kyogre/Groudon
  12. Rayquaza
  13. Dialga/Palkia
  14. Giratina
  15. Reshiram/Zekrom
  16. Kyurem
  17. Xerneas/Yveltal
  18. Zygarde
  19. Cosmog (and maybe this time it can be shiny!)
  20. Necrozma
  21. Zacian/Zamazenta
  22. Eternatus
  23. Heatran
  24. Cresselia
  25. Kubfu
And then Type Null gets left out since the UBs are? Or something like that. There's various options. Kubfu & Type Null could be a gift, they could exclude someone else, beasts & birds could be the "same" sidequest internally but different based on version, they're more aggressive about grouping things together and there's quests for other things, etc.
That seems pretty cool, but I do hope the Kalos Legends don’t return, we have had 3 straight generations of Xerneas terror, we don’t need a fourth. Maybe have Arceus, Regigigas, and idk, Darkrai be their own quests? Or Darkrai being with Cressalia, and Genesect being its own quest
Edit: I forgor, in NatDex, Koraidon beats Xerneas, that’s why its NatDex AG
Edit 2: Maybe Have Quests for the Kalos and Unova Mythicals that aren’t shiny-locked
I want silvally back tho. Well type:null is the best nfe mon EVER
Duraladon: Hey, Hey, HEY, I got a gun *Flash Cannon*
Duraludon will outdo it I'm afraid.
Agreed

Last edited:
How can we have had 3 generation of xerneas dominance when it was a B tier pick with near 0 usage in gen 8 with dynamax, Duskmane and Zacian essentially rendering it useless

How can we have had 3 generation of xerneas dominance when it was a B tier pick with near 0 usage in gen 8 with dynamax, Duskmane and Zacian essentially rendering it useless
It was #1 in AG, so 2 of Ubers, and 1 of AG (yes it was used more than Zac-Crowned) Maybe it wont be so bad? But it has Tera this Gen, making it better. Then again, power creep do be existing.

It was #1 in AG, so 2 of Ubers, and 1 of AG (yes it was used more than Zac-Crowned) Maybe it wont be so bad? But it has Tera this Gen, making it better. Then again, power creep do be existing.
So he was n1 in a tier with no rules (unbalance# by definition), here's my surprised pikachu face

Where did the thing about 25 quests come from?
There are stubbed remnants of quest stuff among the other stubbed remnants of Indigo Disc stuff.
Mind you, there could be more in the actual Indigo Disc, I'm pretty sure there were fewer stubbed TMs in the accidental addition in that one patch pre Teal Mask than there actually were in the actual one, so take stubbed things with a grain of salt.

The ultra beast not being back makes me worried about the Paradox Pokemon in Future games. I'm wondering if they will also be excluded. I feel they'll treated as alter-forms or skins for the Pokemon they are based off, so including them will be a lower priority, similar to Megas.

All the legendaries being back in DLC 2 is a bit anti-climactic. I feel these high-powered Pokemon don't really work as well in Scarlet and Violet's ecosystem. Ironically, a majority of the legendaries this gen, despite being significantly more powerful, don't feel as broken in more contained metagames, but very easily cross the line when more threats are added. I would have preferred GF to just focus on adding and buffing more regular and new Pokemon over legendaries.

It'll be interesting to see how Gamefreak will buff some of the returning Pokemon. I feel they have been trying to give a lot more tools to older Pokemon that may have been struggling, like uniquely giving Hypno Toxic (despite many other Psychic-types not getting the move now), giving the Sinnoh starters a laundry list of buffs, and drastically improving the movepool of Pokemon like Altaria, Bannette, etc.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
All the legendaries being back in DLC 2 is a bit anti-climactic. I feel these high-powered Pokemon don't really work as well in Scarlet and Violet's ecosystem. Ironically, a majority of the legendaries this gen, despite being significantly more powerful, don't feel as broken in more contained metagames, but very easily cross the line when more threats are added. I would have preferred GF to just focus on adding and buffing more regular and new Pokemon over legendaries.
I personally heavily disagree with this statement. I play Ubers a lot and outside of tournaments and high ladder, the tier feels very stale. It's always Koraidon, Miraidon, Zacian, and Arceus. That's not because they're that good but more because we really don't have much options. The return of Necrozma, Yveltal, and above all, Ho oh, would be highly beneficial to the tier. Ho oh alone would allow us to deal with Zacian, Arceus Ground, and Flutter Mane, in just one slot, something that is impossible to do right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)