SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Eyyy the conversation about movelists in the annoyances thread got me to look and they fixed egg moves
Cacnea, Grimer-A, Luvdisc all got them back.

I can't remember who else had this problem, but it's nice.

If you're curious Zangoose's egg moves are still reminder moves instead. Guess they felt no need to fix that since they're still, like, available.

I find it mildly interesting that Take Heart is (should be) usable now, after it was one of the few moves updated but disabled in S/V 1.0.
I like that Phione still gets it too. It had it in Legends, obviously, but I half expected it to lose it since Legends is a little different by design.

With the revelation that Ogerpon is Tera type-locked and changes forms (e.g. to "Ogerpon-5") when it Terastallizes, this is looking like a fairly safe prediction:

Terapagos is Tera type-locked to the 19th "Omni" Tera type and changes form and base stats when it Terastallizes. (Anyone want to bet on whether it changes form if any other mon, possibly restricted to in your party, Terastallizes? Also any bets on whether it and only it can break the "1 Terastallized Pokemon per player per battle" rule?)

Now I'm wondering whether you can change an infinite number of mons to the 19th Tera type or just one mon per save file and you can't change who gets it (e.g. you get 50 "Omni" Tera Shards at one point)....

Funny thing I saw is that Phione and Manaphy has the same level-up sets. But Phione learns its last move Take Heart at lv.75, while Manaphy learns it at lv.76. Edit: Besides Lv.1 Heart Swap and Tail Glow on Manaphy.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Now I'm wondering whether you can change an infinite number of mons to the 19th Tera type or just one mon per save file and you can't change who gets it (e.g. you get 50 "Omni" Tera Shards at one point)....
This would quite possibly be the worst decision Game Freak has ever made in regards to competitive.

I refuse to believe they would be that negligent in only allowing a single mon to use the 19th tera type.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Indigo Disk spoilers-

E4 typings are Fairy, Fire, Steel and Dragon
View attachment 551338
So it's as expected.

Not to sound like an ass but this was pretty easy to figure out beforehand, they really did go for what the designs of the BB Elite Four characters were spelling out.

I'm more curious what kinds of Pokemon they'll use. Drayton obviously has Archaludon as his ace but I'm curious about the rosters of the other three.

So it's as expected.

Not to sound like an ass but this was pretty easy to figure out beforehand, they really did go for what the designs of the BB Elite Four characters were spelling out.

I'm more curious what kinds of Pokemon they'll use. Drayton obviously has Archaludon as his ace but I'm curious about the rosters of the other three.
Scovillain/Ceruedge, Gholdengo and?

So it's as expected.

I'd be surprised if Lucy didn't get something new at least, since she's kind of positioned to be the "main friend" of DLC2. I think we still have another unaccounted for Pokemon Khu's not even bothered hinting at, so maybe she gets that.

Eyyy the conversation about movelists in the annoyances thread got me to look and they fixed egg moves
Cacnea, Grimer-A, Luvdisc all got them back.

I can't remember who else had this problem, but it's nice.

If you're curious Zangoose's egg moves are still reminder moves instead. Guess they felt no need to fix that since they're still, like, available.
Adding to this: Indeedee-F now properly learns Trick Room by TM. If you wanted it you had to get it by Raid, so that's another oversight fixed up.

However Kilowattrel still does not get Rain Dance, despite it being an extra move in its Raid kit and despite its materials being used to make the TM.

I can't believe we finally got Shell Smash Torterra, I'd been hoping for that ever since Blastoise got it and was disappointed when it didn't learn it in BDSP/PLA while Empoleon got Roost. The change from Defiant to Competitive was cool too.

Wind Rider Shiftry and Tidy Up Furret are fun upgrades to old Pokémon for sure. Bloodmoon Ursaluna being special was something I definitely didn't expect tho, makes sense when its ability was essentially a worse Scrappy otherwise.

Also I was kinda right regarding Ogerpon, except for the fact that Teal Mask is pure Grass-type it's a triumph for logic (which doesn't generally happen in Pokémon) that it isn't primarily Ghost—or at all, really.

Edit: I found the post where I hoped for Shell Smash, I also got Aura Sphere Nape but fsr didn't think about Roost Empoleon? Seems logical in retrospect.

So I know this wanders into theorymon territory and I apologize if it's out of place, but, since the 4th gen starters didn't get anything new (from what we know; they might get stuff by level-up or egg moves), it's reasonable to think they'll be improved in a future remake.
What I'm wondering is, what could those improvements be—aside from Gigantamax forms? The only things I could come up with were Shell Smash à la Blastoise for Torterra and a more accurate Special Fighting-type move for Ape, either Aura Sphere or a completely new move. I can't think of anything else that fits flavor-wise, hbu?

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if Lucy didn't get something new at least, since she's kind of positioned to be the "main friend" of DLC2. I think we still have another unaccounted for Pokemon Khu's not even bothered hinting at, so maybe she gets that.
I agree. Lacey is being set-up to be one of the more prominent ID characters.

To add to that, it would mean that the final unrevealed Pokémon from ID is at least part fairy type. Which rules out Dipplin getting an evolution. (If that’s what they’re going for of course)

Given that Drayden is the other important character in ID who was given Archaludon I’d imagine Lacey would also get an ace that fits into Khu’s remaining riddles. I think there’s the Black City / White Tree riddle / the Dark type rumour? (Genuinely not sure)

I don’t want another Fairy/Psychic but Chimecho getting that as an evolution would be fine by me :p

(I’m not convinced at all that Dipplin is getting an evolution)

I agree. Lacey is being set-up to be one of the more prominent ID characters.

To add to that, it would mean that the final unrevealed Pokémon from ID is at least part fairy type. Which rules out Dipplin getting an evolution. (If that’s what they’re going for of course)

Given that Drayden is the other important character in ID who was given Archaludon I’d imagine Lacey would also get an ace that fits into Khu’s remaining riddles. I think there’s the Black City / White Tree riddle / the Dark type rumour? (Genuinely not sure)

I don’t want another Fairy/Psychic but Chimecho getting that as an evolution would be fine by me :p

(I’m not convinced at all that Dipplin is getting an evolution)
Dipplin getting or not getting an evolution shouldn't matter for hypothetical Lucy signature

I believe there are 8 Pokemon coming in the DLC
Archaludon
Raging Bolt
Iron Crown
Terapagos
(Presumed) Paradox Entei
(Presumed) Paradox Terrakion
"Tree Pokemon" <- Potential Dipplin evolution
Unknown Pokemon <- Potential Lucy Pokemon?

Also possible that Lucy could get a new form of an existing Pokemon instead, I suppose.

Hate so much that Khu has needlessly hinted at a possible Chimecho evolution that almost certainly won’t happen but I need so badly. I want someone to check if Eviolite works on it but I doubt that’d be so.

He did the same with Mightyena and I’m still mad we got a new form to an already stellar Mon instead of an upgrade to a crappy one.

Are Entei and Terrakion confirmed? My other hopium is that in the same way we only got Walking Wake and Iron Leaves in February only Raging Bolt and Iron Crown would be included in Indigo Disk and Entei and Terrakion would come later (leaving open the possibility of two new non legendary Paradox mons).

I find Legendary and Pseudo Legendary Paradox mons really boring because they’re not really buffs so much as reallocation of existing high BSTs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)