SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Only 30 pages instead of 50, nice improvement

Glad to see Salamence in the second version for once. Also, people have been saying that egg hatching is easier, but do we know how effective picnic breeding (ie finding the eggs) is yet? I’m not fully sold on the execution yet.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do we know how soon we can change natures and abilities?
I'm unsure about the "sooness" of it, but you can buy nature mints at Chansey Supply stores (which are in several towns) for 10k AT LEAST in the post game (it might be sooner but I rushed through and never checked them till then). Chansey Supply also has an Ability Capsule for 100k. Which feels sorta pricey because bottle caps are 20k, and vitamins are still 10k, so getting Pokemon ready for competitive play is probably gonna require a lot of money!

Also, I've seen 0 sign of ability patches myself.

Also, I've seen 0 sign of ability patches myself.
I heard they drop on 6/7-Star raids.

Looking for Evo stones. I heard Dawn Stones are available for purchase in a city that starts with M.

you can buy nature mints at Chansey Supply stores (which are in several towns) for 10k AT LEAST in the post game (it might be sooner but I rushed through and never checked them till then).
You definitely need some story progression to unlock them, iirc, Chansey Stores only start with herbal meds.

I called it! Hydreigon is the counterpart to Dragapult exclusivity-wise.

Yes, it is weird that the evolution method was cut, but the game still knows that Wyrdeer is the evolution of Stantler.

A similar case is trade evolution, albeit more metaphorically. The evolution does not exist in your game but does exist in someone else's game. Yet, the game still knows Gengar is the evolution of Haunter.
I believe that with the DLC they will enable the evolutions.

Is ability patch in the game code at least? I really hope they don't wait until a dlc to make it available, but they might do it just so they can create events for hidden abilities.

I believe that with the DLC they will enable the evolutions.
Or... they just force you to use PLA? Maybe G9-origin Pokémon will still be able to be imported into G8's PLA. There's really no reason why not since you don't even have the excuse of moves messing up anymore.
There has also been precedence with stuff like Pikachu and Cubone not being able to evolve into their Alolan counterparts since SMUSUM.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Or... they just force you to use PLA? Maybe G9-origin Pokémon will still be able to be imported into G8's PLA. There's really no reason why not since you don't even have the excuse of moves messing up anymore.
There has also been precedence with stuff like Pikachu and Cubone not being able to evolve into their Alolan counterparts since SMUSUM.
This is a completely different case to Alolan Raichu/Marowak though as these are regular evolutions rather than regional variants of existing evolutions. So not really a precedent because its not the same situation.

IDK why people act like moves are the ONLY reason there was no backporting. The main reason is that the data structures are changed, there's new information in new data structures, and to convert them to an old data structure would necessarily be a loss of information. Now they COULD store that information in HOME like they do for moves, but that's a separate argument. Ultimately, I don't see them allowing it but that is just my opinion. Anyone trying to be definitive is full of shit lol

Is ability patch in the game code at least? I really hope they don't wait until a dlc to make it available, but they might do it just so they can create events for hidden abilities.
If you can still make any Item a Held Item, then wouldn't being in the code be a big deal by itself, as you can have someone with a hacked copy trade you a Pokémon holding the Ability Patch itself?

Or would that not work due to not being able to connect online with a tinkered copy?

Do we know the official names for the new forms of Tauros? I've seen the Pokédex entry of the pure Fighting one. It seems to just be "Paldean Form Tauros", so I'm curious about the other two.
The Fighting/Fire one is also just “Paldean Form” in the in-game Pokédex. Haven’t seen anyone get the Fighting/Water one, but I’d imagine it’s the same.

Just my thoughts on the new Ground Pokemon, looking at them as they perform on mono-Ground teams in the Paldean Dex. As such its mostly just useful to myself as it gets my initial thoughts down on paper. But I like sharing. Spoiler for length.
pm1113_00_51_00_big.png

Clodsire
130/75/60/45/100/20 (Total: 430)
Poison/Ground
Poison Point/Water Absorb/Unaware
I love this big dope. The special bulk on Clodsire is unmatched by its kin, and will likely be a common pick just for that. Water Absorb on a non-Water/Ground Pokemon helps open up team planning a bit, and Unaware builds will stop a whole truckload of special sweepers. The Ice weakness will probably hold it back as a Water Absorber, however. Might also be a decent Counter user with its high HP, low defense, and reliable recovery. It also has access to all the hazards and perfectly accurate Toxic. Not too shabby for a pool float.
pm1111_00_00_00_big.png

Toedscruel
80/70/65/80/120/100 (Total: 515)
Ground/Grass
Mycelium Might
No mon with this statline should get a detrimental ability. Yet that's the case here, with the Mold Breaker status-edition being a underwhelming consolation prize given it will only come into play against a small handful of Paldean Pokemon. But yes, its got Spore alongside screens, rapid spin, hazards, and is the only user of Trick Room. Notably, before the arrival of Landorus, its also the only Ground resist that mono-Ground has access to. Likely to play support, but there's potential for a bulky SubSeed set here, and maybe it could have some offensive presence on a Sun team with its otherwise decent speed. Disappointed, but I find its design absolutely hilarious.
pm1007_00_00_00_big.png

Ursaluna
130/140/105/45/80/50 (Total: 550)
Ground/Normal
Guts/Bulletproof/Unnerve
With good bulk and fantastic attack, Ursaluna is a monster. Guts gives it a status immunity and even more monstrous offenses, and Bulletproof gives it an assortment of useful immunities to moves like Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Seed Bomb, and Bullet Seed. It gets Belly Drum, but lacks the speed to make much use. Yawn and Taunt are there for a bit of tech, but really it'd be a waste on Ursaluna because it lacks for nothing in coverage. Voted most likely to be the team's Terra, hope the crown looks good on it when it finally arrives.
pm1098_00_00_00_big.png

Ting-Lu
155/110/125/55/80/45 (Total: 570)
Dark/Ground
Vessel of Ruin
With a similar stat line to Ursaluna and Great Tusk, its the bulkiest and least offensive of the three. Vessel of Ruin synergizes well with mono-Ground teams in a doubles format, and would work well with Krookodile if they didn't share the same typing. The move pool here isn't that great, with Normal, Rock, Steel, Psychic, and Fighting as coverage options. Whirlwind might be useful since you've got hazards galore, but no Knock-Off. Looks to me like something to pair with an Assault Vest for an offensive tank that can come in on many attackers.
pm1082_00_00_00_big.png

Great Tusk
115/131/131/53/53/87 (Total: 570)
Ground/Fighting
Protosynthesis
This thing is so gnarly looking, like damn. Anyway, the concept here is another stereotypical Ground statline, but this time featuring a salvageable speed. Sun synergizes with mono-Ground, and its got access to the always useful Rapid Spin and Knock Off. Offensive move pool is good, although this comes at the cost of six weaknesses. Ice Spinner is also a notable coverage option to pair with Ground and Fighting. Also, apparently this thing gets Psyshock? Surely that's a mistake? :smogthink:
pm1090_00_00_00_big.png

Iron Treads
90/112/120/72/70/106 (Total: 570)
Ground/Steel
Quark Drive
Although I like the design less than Great Tusk, this robot Donphan is more necessary and interesting in terms of team building. It brings great resistances, notably Dragon as its mono-Ground's only Dragon resist outside Dugtrio-A :bat: in Paldea. Its also got good speed, and its statline is flexible enough where speed, attack, and even defense could be set up to benefit from Quark Drive. There's standard wheel elephant access here to Rapid Spin and Knock Off, along with Ice Spinner which will be great for hitting dragons. Its also got Electric moves, notably a hard-hitting Volt Switch and Wild Charge.
pm1085_00_00_00_big.png

Sandy Shocks
85/81/97/121/85/101 (Total: 570)
Electric/Ground
Protosynthesis
Last but certainly not least, its one of the best special attackers mono-Ground has ever had access to. This punk rocker dances over the crowded 100 speed tier, and similar to Iron Treads can adjust its EVs to make speed the benefiting stat at minimal cost to its special attacking EVs. It doesn't really bring any useful resistances to the team, nor much in the way of coverage, but has a flexible enough move pool to play both offensive and supportive rolls. Its got screens, t-wave, hazards, can set both e-terrain and sun, and is notable as the only Gravity user available. Likewise, Volt Switch is there to help maintain momentum.

Just my thoughts on the new Ground Pokemon, looking at them as they perform on mono-Ground teams in the Paldean Dex. As such its mostly just useful to myself as it gets my initial thoughts down on paper. But I like sharing. Spoiler for length.
View attachment 465091
Clodsire
130/75/60/45/100/20 (Total: 430)
Poison/Ground
Poison Point/Water Absorb/Unaware
I love this big dope. The special bulk on Clodsire is unmatched by its kin, and will likely be a common pick just for that. Water Absorb on a non-Water/Ground Pokemon helps open up team planning a bit, and Unaware builds will stop a whole truckload of special sweepers. The Ice weakness will probably hold it back as a Water Absorber, however. Might also be a decent Counter user with its high HP, low defense, and reliable recovery. It also has access to all the hazards and perfectly accurate Toxic. Not too shabby for a pool float.
View attachment 465092
Toedscruel
80/70/65/80/120/100 (Total: 515)
Ground/Grass
Mycelium Might
No mon with this statline should get a detrimental ability. Yet that's the case here, with the Mold Breaker status-edition being a underwhelming consolation prize given it will only come into play against a small handful of Paldean Pokemon. But yes, its got Spore alongside screens, rapid spin, hazards, and is the only user of Trick Room. Notably, before the arrival of Landorus, its also the only Ground resist that mono-Ground has access to. Likely to play support, but there's potential for a bulky SubSeed set here, and maybe it could have some offensive presence on a Sun team with its otherwise decent speed. Disappointed, but I find its design absolutely hilarious.
View attachment 465093
Ursaluna
130/140/105/45/80/50 (Total: 550)
Ground/Normal
Guts/Bulletproof/Unnerve
With good bulk and fantastic attack, Ursaluna is a monster. Guts gives it a status immunity and even more monstrous offenses, and Bulletproof gives it an assortment of useful immunities to moves like Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Seed Bomb, and Bullet Seed. It gets Belly Drum, but lacks the speed to make much use. Yawn and Taunt are there for a bit of tech, but really it'd be a waste on Ursaluna because it lacks for nothing in coverage. Voted most likely to be the team's Terra, hope the crown looks good on it when it finally arrives.
View attachment 465094
Ting-Lu
155/110/125/55/80/45 (Total: 570)
Dark/Ground
Vessel of Ruin
With a similar stat line to Ursaluna and Great Tusk, its the bulkiest and least offensive of the three. Vessel of Ruin synergizes well with mono-Ground teams in a doubles format, and would work well with Krookodile if they didn't share the same typing. The move pool here isn't that great, with Normal, Rock, Steel, Psychic, and Fighting as coverage options. Whirlwind might be useful since you've got hazards galore, but no Knock-Off. Looks to me like something to pair with an Assault Vest for an offensive tank that can come in on many attackers.
View attachment 465095
Great Tusk
115/131/131/53/53/87 (Total: 570)
Ground/Fighting
Protosynthesis
This thing is so gnarly looking, like damn. Anyway, the concept here is another stereotypical Ground statline, but this time featuring a salvageable speed. Sun synergizes with mono-Ground, and its got access to the always useful Rapid Spin and Knock Off. Offensive move pool is good, although this comes at the cost of six weaknesses. Ice Spinner is also a notable coverage option to pair with Ground and Fighting. Also, apparently this thing gets Psyshock? Surely that's a mistake? :smogthink:
View attachment 465096
Iron Treads
90/112/120/72/70/106 (Total: 570)
Ground/Steel
Quark Drive
Although I like the design less than Great Tusk, this robot Donphan is more necessary and interesting in terms of team building. It brings great resistances, notably Dragon as its mono-Ground's only Dragon resist outside Dugtrio-A :bat: in Paldea. Its also got good speed, and its statline is flexible enough where speed, attack, and even defense could be set up to benefit from Quark Drive. There's standard wheel elephant access here to Rapid Spin and Knock Off, along with Ice Spinner which will be great for hitting dragons. Its also got Electric moves, notably a hard-hitting Volt Switch and Wild Charge.
View attachment 465097
Sandy Shocks
85/81/97/121/85/101 (Total: 570)
Electric/Ground
Protosynthesis
Last but certainly not least, its one of the best special attackers mono-Ground has ever had access to. This punk rocker dances over the crowded 100 speed tier, and similar to Iron Treads can adjust its EVs to make speed the benefiting stat at minimal cost to its special attacking EVs. It doesn't really bring any useful resistances to the team, nor much in the way of coverage, but has a flexible enough move pool to play both offensive and supportive rolls. Its got screens, t-wave, hazards, can set both e-terrain and sun, and is notable as the only Gravity user available. Likewise, Volt Switch is there to help maintain momentum.
Psyshock isn’t a mistake, it’s Game Freak trying to encourage Specs Great Tusk alongside Flash Cannon and Earth Power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)