SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

If we're getting palafin info, has anyone seen jet punch and it's bp? It's worded in the description to sound like a stronger aqua jet and coming off 160 base attack that sounds pretty disgusting. Don't know how readily available a move relearner is but movepool lists it learning it at lvl 1 so it shouldn't be too hard to check.
Its 60BP with 100 Accuracy and 15PP. So its indeed Aqua Jet with slightly higher power.

Clodsire with spines out:
1668247046938.png

Also, Cyclizar is crazy even before Regenerator: 70/95/65/85/65/121 (Total: 501) with Breaking Swipe is enormous for the early game.

Meanwhile, Brambleghast is an unimpressive 55/115/70/80/70/90 (Total: 480). It's just a faster Trevenant with Spikes. It cannot proc its own Wind Rider.

EDIT: One more thing. I think a lot of us got the two genders of Oinkologne mixed up. The emo-looking one is the male form (ability: Lingering Aroma).
1668247973819.png

Last edited:
Do we know if Defog procs Wind Rider? : D Being able to set Spikes while sharing Gholdengo's "hazard removal? what's that?" sounds like a cool pairing!
I don't think we have confirmation of that yet, but "avowed spinblocker" sounds like it will be the name of the game. Immunity to Rapid Spin and Defog would give this weed a reason to exist. Spikes is the most unique move it brings to the table, but it also has Strength Sap(!) as an egg move. Utility-wise, it actually has a case in its favor. The problem is that it has middling to poor stats, incredibly scant coverage options, and no reliable Ghost STAB.

I've not seen any talk about Koraidon and Miraidon.

I was disappointed at first that Koraidon doesn't get Dragon Dance but considering its 135 base speed I think a Double Dance set can be amazing.

Koraidon@Life Orb
Swords Dance
Agility
Flare Blitz
Collision Course

Basically you can either set up with Swords Dance against Bulky Offense teams or with Agility against Hyper Offense teams.
Lacking Dragon Claw isn't really an issue as Swords Dance Collision Course OHKO every Dragon anyway.
I think this set is one of the best setup sweeper ever.

About Miraidon, his initial power is so high with
Electro Drift and Draco Meteor that it looks like the best wallbreaker ever. Groudon is OHKOed by Life Orb Draco Meteor without full HP and SpD investment.
Overheat doesn't seems very useful here as even Zacian-C is OHKOed by Electro Drift.
Once again I think Agility can make him sweep teams when its checks are weakened.

Miraidon@Life Orb
Electro Drift
Draco Meteor
Agility
Volt Switch ?

I think both are equally amazing but Koraidon might be better as a setup mon and Miraidon might be better as a wallbreaker.

I'm very interested to know what sets you have in mind here.
Also, can someone confirm that you can get two specimens of your box legendary in a single playthrough ?

Just realized Annihiliape's biggest niche: it serves as a spin-blocker and gets +2 atk on Defog with Defiant.
It has Swampert-like stats with slighy less bulk and 90 speed, which is disappointing but still somewhat serviceable.
Not to mention it has absurd stab combination with Fighting and Ghost and unlimited coverage.
And it has a sick design. Gimme monke.

Well virizion certainly did not skip leg day.

Also, with jet punch being as strong as it is, will palafin even run it?

A real 4mss with that mon.

Flip turn is a no brainer, and it probably wants wave crash.

The other two will probably go to cc and ice punch, but there are some special moves that it can use for coverage as well depending on the meta

I'm going to say Grass/Steel, losing the Fighting Typer for that sweet x4 Weakness to Fire.

As for Suicune, i'd say Water/Ice
I went with Dragon for Suicune if it's a fusion of 3 beats and Dragon seems to be closest to mixing Water/Fire and Electric. Ghost for the whole rebith lore.

As for Virizion I want it to keep the Fighting common type and add the last material/nature type of Ground.

Besides Ground/Fighting seems like a strong offensive type.

I've not seen any talk about Koraidon and Miraidon.

I was disappointed at first that Koraidon doesn't get Dragon Dance but considering its 135 base speed I think a Double Dance set can be amazing.

Koraidon@Life Orb
Swords Dance
Agility
Flare Blitz
Collision Course

Basically you can either set up with Swords Dance against Bulky Offense teams or with Agility against Hyper Offense teams.
Lacking Dragon Claw isn't really an issue as Swords Dance Collision Course OHKO every Dragon anyway.
I think this set is one of the best setup sweeper ever.

About Miraidon, his initial power is so high with
Electro Drift and Draco Meteor that it looks like the best wallbreaker ever. Groudon is OHKOed by Life Orb Draco Meteor without full HP and SpD investment.
Overheat doesn't seems very useful here as even Zacian-C is OHKOed by Electro Drift.
Once again I think Agility can make him sweep teams when its checks are weakened.

Miraidon@Life Orb
Electro Drift
Draco Meteor
Agility
Volt Switch ?

I think both are equally amazing but Koraidon might be better as a setup mon and Miraidon might be better as a wallbreaker.

I'm very interested to know what sets you have in mind here.
Also, can someone confirm that you can get two specimens of your box legendary in a single playthrough ?
I'm by no means an Ubers expert so take this with a pinch of salt.

My feeling is that Koraidon and Miraidon will pre-Home be useful as field effect setters that incidentally wreck face -- it might be worth losing a bit of power on your two main mons if it means you can power up your Paradox mons a lot more consistently. It's a double edged sword, of course, if your opponent is also bringing paradox mons, but 5 turns is short enough that I can see the effects not being consistently up even with 4 box legends between the two teams. A lot depends on how the new quartet's abilities end up working, because an always-on defence debuff could make scarf Chien-Pao or... whatever the fish one is called... a huge threat and reduce the dependency on Paradox mons.

Post-home, Koraidon and Miraidon are, in addition to being very offensively powerful, notable for their access to pivot moves which is only shared by Rayquaza among 680BST mons. I can see teams relying on other wincons primarily (e.g. a Calyrex, Zacian or Kyogre sweep) and using those two as part of a VoltTurn core. Setting up is nice but I feel Ubers has better options for it; Koraidon is hard walled by Giratina (the only good defogger) without Dragon Claw and your Miraidon set needs to use moves that force it out in order to not get walled by Groudon (the best hazards setter). With the sheer immediate power they have, access to pivot moves and being held back primarily by being outsped by some very relevant threats, I think Koraidon and Miraidon might be best used as hit-and-run wallbreakers.

My extremely half-assed attempt at a post-Home team:

Koraidon @ Life Orb or something (tera Fire)
Jolly 252 Spe 252 Atk
- Collision Course/Close Combat
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Miraidon @ Heavy Duty Boots (tera Electric)
Timid 252 SpA 252 Spe
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf (tera Water)
Timid 252 Spa 252 Spe
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Groudon @ Leftovers (tera Ground or Dragon)
Whatever defensive spread ends up being needed, maximally focusing on Attack otherwise
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Claw

Zacian @ Rusted Sword (tera Dark)
Jolly 252 Atk 252 Spe
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance/Close Combat

Calyrex @ Life Orb/Choice Specs (tera Ghost)
Timid 252 SpA 252 Spe
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Pollen Puff
- Substitute/Nasty Plot/Draining Kiss

Calyrex set seems odd but it's because Arceus-Dark will almost certainly replace Yveltal as the main Calyrex check and Pollen Puff is your best option against it. Arceus-Dark is also immune to Trick so you need more direct counterplay. I'm not super convinced Calyrex can afford to be taking loads of chip damage, so Specs might be the play here.

Zacian has Dark tera type so it can function as a Calyrex check -- shaky, but it's the only thing this team has for it and probably relies more on putting enough immediate offensive pressure on the opponent that they don't get any setup opportunities. Night Slash for extra STAB in this scenario and more reliably beating Calyrex, but you might be able to safely forgo it. With Intrepid Sword only working once per battle, it ideally wants to be staying in as long as possible, hence Swords Dance. These are your main wincons. I haven't done the calcs for whether Zacian's stat nerf hurts it enough to make you want to replace it with something else.

Koraidon and Miraidon focus on hitting hard and then pivoting out. Koraidon benefits from a Rock resistance, but Miraidon wants HDB to do its job properly. Tera fire on Koraidon for burn protection, but it's a risk with Rocks unless you run HDB on it aswell. The fact that all three of their combined STABs have common type immunities makes Choice items a massive liability on these two, IMO.

Groudon sits there being bulky and setting hazards, but also puts offensive pressure on. It runs Dragon Claw purely for Giratina-O; it no longer gets Heat Crash, and even if you wanted to run Fire Punch, its overlap with Precipice Blades means it has no relevant targets. Given that this team has no defoggers, you want to be winning the hazards game, so I think it's important that everything can offensively pressure Giratina (the only thing that learns Defog and is even remotely viable.) Groudon still just punches holes with Precipice Blades in the event that your opponent isn't worth playing the hazards game with (e.g. they have loads of mons with HDB on), so I think Tera Ground is the play, but hitting Koraidon and Giratina harder might be something you want to prioritise.

Scarf Kyogre is pretty self-explanatory (running Timid to outspeed Calyrex-S) and still beats face, especially with Tera Water, but I'm not sure how good it will be at its job with Groudon *and* Koraidon everywhere and hazard control options being quite limited. You might want to nix it for Arceus-Dark or potentially Rayquaza to go all-in on VoltTurn as a strategy while pulling double duty as a potential setup sweeper (it's now the only thing that gets Dragon Dance). In theory you can screw Koraidon over by disabling the weather, but in practice this is only really useful if your opponent's Koraidon doesn't have dragon coverage (and depends on whether or not the two new box legends work such that disabling the field effect turns off their stat boosts). Rayquaza is hard to evaluate in this meta because it has a lot of tools but it also has pretty big 4MSS. Tripling up on Dragons seems like it also has the potential to be a massive liability.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)