SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Dudunsparce also provides a nice ghost inmunity apart from chansey blissey in a meta where ghost is spammable af.
I know me and a lot of others were hoping this thing gained a typing like ground/bug/dragon, but honestly, pure normal is sometimes just favourable since everything is neutral to it and it has an immunity it can switch into if it needs to.

If this thing were part dragon or ground, suddenly it would have a ton of weaknesses that would make it infinitely worse due to its speed stat. But with its bulk, you NEED to have a fighting type to deal some really good damage to it, and you don't want to try setting up on a mon with a guaranteed para move.

love these guys. Now will someone please figure out how their abilities work? Didn’t seem to trigger at all during this video
they should just trigger on switch in, they don't trigger in the video but you can tell the gameplay is modded in some way just by looking at their movesets. also i love those dark legendaries too, probably some of the sickest mons in paldea. i'm just sad that some of them might end up getting banned from ou :psycry:

Oh yeah, that's true. But still RIP to other bulky set-up sweepers like Dragonite though.
You worried bout dnite, but have you considered this: no teleport mons. No v create rayquaza. No knock off on two thirds of mons. No scald whatsoever. No universal toxic. No extreme speed for a buncha stuff. No shift gear genesect. No roost on a lot of stuff including archeops, lugia, braviary. No recycle for dedenne. No good singles moveset for audino. No pain split for those poor souls who learnt it in usum. No eruption heatran. Bdsp garbage zapdos.

One last thing before I go offline for the night: These are the raw flatbuffers for waza (move) and tokusei (ability) information. https://anonfiles.com/v9HeUeGdy5/bin_7z
I don't plan to parse these, but if anyone here has the knowledge to, I doubt the format has changed all too much from the SS and LA formats. pkNX should have enough information for you to go off of.

EDIT: Also, you may even be able to just replace the files in the SS or LA directories with these, and pkNX will just read them out. Worth a shot.

If we're worried about Terastal getting banned because it makes the metagame too offensive... that ship has long since sailed, I'd say. It's gonna take people a while to figure out what a defensive core even looks like in the new meta.
Honestly that has more to do with recovery moves being nerfed and Defog getting cut from so many Pokemon.
And honestly many defensive cores might opt to Terastallize themselves so they can cover the power creep onslaught.
We might actually have to unbanned Zamazenta-C just so teams aren't run over so easily.

For the record, let's wait and see how the moves get handled in the next HOME update, as Legends works in a completely different way from the usual games, while BDSP were just buggy (and the massive delay between release and HOME update is due to that).

Add to that that HOME tracks separate movesets for every individual 'mon. Legends has a different system, but BDSP were made with a regressive approach that makes FRLG's "Golbat stopped evolving" crap look reasonable.

Honestly, fuck Dexit. Been 5 years since we last had a game with every species thus far. Hoping that by the 30th anniversary the gen X games end up having that.

If we're talking about dropping Ubers, Giratina-A might be another one worth keeping an eye on now it's lost Toxic and Poltergeist, especially given the number of good Paradox mons that have a favourable type matchup against it.

Is there any chance that Slither Wing(Past Volcarona) is viable in OU? Going to be honest, it's looking like the worst paradox mon out of all of them which is a shame because its design is sick
It looks like a scarfer to me. Not necessarily a great one but if you have sun up you can get an Att boost and run Flare Blitz/Close Combat/U-Turn to pretty decent effect.

Is there any chance that Slither Wing(Past Volcarona) is viable in OU? Going to be honest, it's looking like the worst paradox mon out of all of them which is a shame because its design is sick
Quite honestly, it depends on a lot of factors, do we keep energy booster in, do we ban sun, does it compare to little cup larvesta in role, does the move dexit actually happen making a ton of ou mons garbage? Too early to know

If the move reset is real then i'm going to start feeling bad for stall. The gamestyle isn't just being (rightfully) limited, it's straight up being run into ground.
I'm also somewhat worried about what the loss of knock off (as if Weavile needed more bad news), roost, defog, and even teleport on some mons might mean for teams, even outside of stall.

Bug / fighting with 81 speed and no way to boost its speed?

Seems difficult, 135 is nice and all but it doesn't really matter when all it can do is fire a First Impression and then die to the first flying or psychic coverage.
Even if it has a way to get the ability boost, I don't quite see it managing to get a speed boost of it.

Maybe as scarfer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)