SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Any predictions on the Terastal mechanic? Does it seem somewhat balanced, or will it get an immediate universal ban the way of Dynamax?
No reliable prediction.
Some people think it's going to be fine, some don't.
I also believe Hisui evolutions will become available in dlc, like non-Alola evos in USUM
Well, tecnically, non-Galarian forms were already available before the DLC, as soon as Home transfers were allowed.
You couldn't get them in the game but they were in the data and could be transferred.

This is likely what the case will be for SV.

Can't Dunsparce also utilize Tera, even more by getting double STAB?
Actually gonna calculate that real quick.

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Exploud Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 148 SpD Mew: 296-350 (73.4 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Exploud Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 148 SpD Mew: 326-384 (80.8 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Whew boy. That's a strong fucker right there.

Edit: Modest Specs Tera Normal Dudunsparce does 40.6 - 47.8% to standard Blissey which is nutty as hell.

Any predictions on the Terastal mechanic? Does it seem somewhat balanced, or will it get an immediate universal ban the way of Dynamax?
I mean...

It transforms you into a monotype but only in terms of defenses. For example, Steel. You, somehow, preserv your pasts stabs. So let's say your gyarados can become a pure steel, or electric type, having stab on steel and or electric, with the defenses of steel or electric, but having also stab in Water and Flying despite not being a water nor flying.

I think it's going to survive a little bit longer than dmax, but that shit is getting suspected for sure. Like, for sure.

The way I see it Dudunsparce will have two main sets.

1) A Glare paraflinch set. Pretty blatantly worse than other paraflinchers but it's bulky and 55 base speed is just enough to outrun paralyzed Weavile with a few dozen speed EVs. It can either run coverage like Rock Slide or fill in the last slot with Stealth Rocks.

2) Bulky Coil. Hyper Drill + EQ hit most things in the game after enough boosts. Maybe Hyper Drill will randomly be a physical Boomburst. We can hope.

There's also weird sets like Body Slam / EQ / Ice Beam / Flamethrower that will be no good anywhere but might get a YouTuber some undeserved clicks.

Edit: This thing gets BOOMBURST? Fuck all other sets, become the Specs apocalypse Dudunsparce always knew it could be.
Yup, Dudunsparce has just the right amount of moves and setup to run all sorts of unique sets. Roost is massive for letting it recover too and take advantage of that fat 125 HP stat.

This thing will definitely be an option in the lower tiers, I'm thinking RU is a fair ladder to place it in for now.

If the moveset reset actually happens... oh boy we'll have to completely retool the metagame.

Just imagine: the only SS OU Pokémon to still have Toxic will be Toxapex, who suddenly gets completely stomped on by Steels and Poisons since Toxapex will lose both Scald and Knock Off. Volc can't Roost off damage anymore to QD, meaning it has to choose between the timbs (if they're even in) or Leftovers.

And if you're thinking about Wish+Teleport... good luck. The only Pokémon that gets that is Gardevoir.

Easy to see who skipped BDSP here. The Home changes mentioned by Centro are indeed how Home works with all future games going forward, beginning with BDSP. This is the new standard for the series. "Transfer moves" are no longer a thing. (Also, Centro does not have access to the game or Home, he's merely reiterating what was already established during BDSP.)
wasn't bdsp also just programmed in a whole different engine? i don't think it sets a perfect precedent for sv. same goes for pla which was missing a ton of moves.

there's still a lot of debate going on about it. personally i don't think it's that broken (relative to dynamax at least) but seeing some of the generally crazy stuff getting added to gen 9 makes me think it might get banned at some point

Yup, Dudunsparce has just the right amount of moves and setup to run all sorts of unique sets. Roost is massive for letting it recover too and take advantage of that fat 125 HP stat.

This thing will definitely be an option in the lower tiers, I'm thinking RU is a fair ladder to place it in for now.
Dudunsparce also provides a nice ghost inmunity apart from chansey blissey in a meta where ghost is spammable af.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
I won't update, but I noted this while reading all the things I missed on this thread, it's a recap :
Roaring Moon Turn.
Cetitan Belly Drum.
Muk-Alola Drain Punch.
Zarude SD.
Breloom CC.
Masquerain Hurricane.
Sneasler Unburden U-turn Gunk Shot TS.
Beartic CC EQ.
Shifu SD.
Urshifu SD.
Garchomp Spikes.
Dedenne now gets Draining Kiss
Carbink Spikes.
Garganacl Recover Stealth Rock.
Garchomp Liquidation.
Skeleridge Slack Off.
Overqwil Crunch.
Quaquaval SD BU Brave Bird U-turn.
Meowscarade Koff Turn TS.
Toxicroak CC.
Slither Wings First Impression CC.
Gastrodon SPikes.
Clodsire Recover Stealth Rock Spikes Toxic Spikes.
Quag Spikes.
Pawmot Mach Punch Seed Bomb Ice Punch Play Rough Fire Punch Crunch.
Enamorus Superpower.
Golduck Nasty Plot.
Delphox Nasty Plot.
Decidueye-H CC.
Scizor Pounce Trailblaze.
Goodra-H Flash Cannon.
Avalugg Icicle Crash.
Greninja Switcheroo.
Gardevoir Aura Sphere.
Diancie Spikes.
Gallade Agility.
Medicham CC.
Groudon WoW Spikes.
Spectrier Psychic Drainin Kiss.

Oricorio Quiver Dance.
Drednaw Shell Smash.
Jumpluff Tailwind.

If the moveset reset actually happens... oh boy we'll have to completely retool the metagame.

Just imagine: the only SS OU Pokémon to still have Toxic will be Toxapex, who suddenly gets completely stomped on by Steels and Poisons since Toxapex will lose both Scald and Knock Off. Volc can't Roost off damage anymore to QD, meaning it has to choose between the timbs (if they're even in) or Leftovers.

And if you're thinking about Wish+Teleport... good luck. The only Pokémon that gets that is Gardevoir.
Volc still gets morning sun

If we're worried about Terastal getting banned because it makes the metagame too offensive... that ship has long since sailed, I'd say. It's gonna take people a while to figure out what a defensive core even looks like in the new meta.

2 already works. I was able to teach an Alolan Raichu Charge by putting it in the daycare with an Original Raichu. They're the same species, so they can share Egg Moves.
Or at least that's how it was in SwSh. No idea how this works with camping instead of the daycare though.
Thanks for confirming, I’m pretty sure I also passed an Egg Move or two between two different regional forms at some point in SS. I think it was two different variants of Raichu as well, though the move was Fake Out if I recall.

Getting Aqua Cutter on Hisuian Samurott should be no problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)