SS OU Scarf Buzzwole + Obstagoon (Bulky Offense)

https://pokepast.es/fb6e6b8ab8fa8024
:Buzzwole: :Toxapex: :Hippowdon: :Aegislash: :Obstagoon: :Zapdos:

The first 4 are the standard BO core that I use with some minor changes.

Buzzwole is now choice scarf instead of the usual defensive set.
Buzzwole doesn't necessarily check the things it used to do as effectively but it makes up for that by becoming a threat to a lot more mons.
- Thunder Punch is nice for the Bolt-Beam coverage but Close Combat, Ice Punch and Earthquake are enough.
- Roost can be run if you are certain that Buzzwole with get Knock Off'd anyway.
- Leech life is a decent stab option that recovers a tad bit of health as well, I recommend this as it's kind of an 'in-between' of Thunder Punch and Roost.

Toxapex is a decent pair with Buzzwole as they pretty much cover every Physical Attacker.
56 with a Calm/Careful nature allows Toxapex to not get 2HKO'd by HDB Volcanion's Earth Power. This is quite important as Volcanion's unique typing and coverage means it can beat this core. I would run 8 Speed evs to outspeed Toxapex-Speed-Crept Melmetal but I have Zapdos.
- Toxic can be run for the immediate utility and another option to use vs Set-up sweepers.
- Toxic Spikes can run for the annoyance in conjunction with Zapdos and Obstagoon with their Status antics.
- Poison Jab is a decent Stab option that can be run to hit fairies specifically CM Tapu Fini and CM Clef who'd be able to beat Toxapex normally hard. Even with that base 63 attack stat. I prefer Poison Jab but that's just my preference. If you run Poison Jab, use a Careful nature.

Hippowdon is the ground type I chose.
I like Hippo. It has recovery unlike Lando/Chomp and has Stealth Rocks unlike Gastrodon. Perfect for my playstyle.
It's quite passive unlike the other ground types. Those listed above have their own way of annoying their own respective checks but Hippowdon only has Toxic which is inconsistent.
Standard Sp. Def Set.

Aegislash for Tapu Lele.
I think Aegislash is amazing. Both Offensive sets and the Defensive Sets.
Standard Sp. Def Aegislash set.
The reason I like Aegislash on this core is that:
- Aegislash appreciates Buzzwole absorbing Knock Off from Strong Physical Attackers
- Aegislash appreciates Toxapex scouting moves from choice-locked attackers with it's Regenerator so that Aegislash has more opportunities to set up a sub.
- Aegislash appreciates Hippowdon heavily chipping down switch-ins with Sand.
Sp. Def Corviknight fills more roles as a Steel type, Flying and a Defogger in one but Aegislash has better Defensive synergy with the other mons than Corv.

Normally I'd choose Torn as my defogger as it's consistently amazing as that role but to prevent the team from being repetitive, I chose Zapdos.
Zapdos is a great defogger with Static.
There is no reason why I chose Zapdos over Tornadus as Torn is clearly better.
Zapdos isn't bad tho, a solid top 2 choice.
Even though this team is quite slow, Static (Paralysis) alleviates this issue.
You can run U-turn + Discharge to guarantee momentum vs Ground Types but you lose Flying stab

I chose Obstagoon as it has a Ghost Immunity and Psychic Immunity in one. Facade hits hard when Obstagoon is burnt and Knock Off is a great move. It pairs well with Aegislash.
You don't need any other coverage as these two moves carry.
Parting Shot is a nice move used after switching into choice locked attackers like Tapu Lele and Dragapult and threatening them out to gain momentum. Switcheroo is a filler move, replace as you see fit.

I haven't re-read this, so ignore any mistakes and stuff like that
This is the team. Feel free to use.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)